Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Is FOMM preferable to NMM? Only used NMM so far, worked mostly fine but had some crashes, but that might also have to do with my previous computer that was old and slow last time i played.
Just re-installed NV on my new computer and i would like to know what the general opinion is regarding the choice of mod managers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Mod Organizer is superior to both

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Just gonna go against thread common wisdom and say that I don't think NVAC works particularly well. It mostly just seemed to make FNV hang for ages when the game just wanted to crash in peace.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I only use NVAC because the game literally cannot run on windows 10 without it.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I must have been under the false impression that the game was running on Windows 10 for me this whole time without NVAC?

EDIT: Like, if that's what it takes for it to run on your rig, that's super-cool. If NVAC works for people? Super cool! But I felt like I was living in an alternative universe after reading the thread for a while, and I figure some people might be sticking with NVAC in spite of having the same problems as me, so I decided to offer some perspective.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

So what's a good radio new mods I've probably missed? I got Existence 2.0 but the robot DJ is too annoying and I'm more after some period appropriate stuff. Tried Radio Free Wasteland but I can't get it to work so I'm giving up and looking for others.

Edit: Secret Stash from the OP seems great but the link to mega upload doesn't work anymore. How come that never went on Nexus anyway?

Bogmonster fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 30, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bogmonster posted:

So what's a good radio new mods I've probably missed? I got Existence 2.0 but the robot DJ is too annoying and I'm more after some period appropriate stuff. Tried Radio Free Wasteland but I can't get it to work so I'm giving up and looking for others.

Edit: Secret Stash from the OP seems great but the link to mega upload doesn't work anymore. How come that never went on Nexus anyway?

That one had a bunch of copy-righted songs.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Bogmonster posted:

Here you go.

Maybe CoP can add a note in the OP that says to bug me when the link becomes invalid again.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bogmonster posted:

There was a talk radio mod where an Enclave pundit spun the events of Fallout 2 to paint the Enclave in a more positive light, interspersed with patriotic music. I don't know if it's still in the Nexus.

It's called Enclave Radio. Here it is.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Awesome, thanks guys. Downloading both now.

Testicle Masochist
Oct 13, 2012

http://fraghero.com/rumor-fallout-new-vegas-2-details-leaked-reveal-planned/

I really hope this is real.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Much as I hate to impugn the credibility of the sources at Frag Hero dot com...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hahahahaha.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

gently caress it, marvel 4 is real and RE7 actually owns so i'll believe anything at this point

though i really don't understand what obsidian's role could possibly be considering it seems like they already got their hands full with a bunch of other projects anyways.
they've got like, 3 different things in development right now, don't they?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The only way they'd be able to do a sequel to new Vegas is if they ignored the Vegas area entirely and called it something else, or they choose to go with the NCR ending as canon. Independent maintains a status quo but halts progress, while the Legion and House endings are such huge paradigm shifts that any sequel to them would be wildly divergent

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If it was a bug and crash-free remastered HD-4kultra edition I'd be happy with that too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Arcsquad12 posted:

The only way they'd be able to do a sequel to new Vegas is if they ignored the Vegas area entirely and called it something else, or they choose to go with the NCR ending as canon. Independent maintains a status quo but halts progress, while the Legion and House endings are such huge paradigm shifts that any sequel to them would be wildly divergent

It would be in the spirit of Fallout to go with Independent and set the game after the Courier's death. Although I don't really see how it maintains the status quo since you can crush Caesar pretty hard, stymie the NCR, genocide the Khans, exterminate the brotherhood of steel, kill the heads of every crime family, and still go independent.

E: Also a huge paradigm shift is kind of what the Fallout series is about, except for 3.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 31, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I can't believe I have to point that out*, but Fraghero is not a reliable source. "We managed to figure out two popular games would get sequel with 2 at the end of the title!!!" is not the impressive track record they like to pretend it is.

* I mean, I imagine I don't have to, but some people seem to be taking this seriously

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I can't imagine Obsidian wanting to ever work with Bethesda again since Beth almost bankrupted them last time.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I don't know that they did. Besides, multiple people who work at Obsidian, including whatever gif-obsessed millennial runs their official twitter account, have said they'd love to work on Fallout again.

I also don't know why Bethesda wouldn't go for it, to be honest, it seems like a no-brainer. But I'm not a businessman.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

watho posted:

I can't imagine Obsidian wanting to ever work with Bethesda again since Beth almost bankrupted them last time.
There's no real reason for Obsidian to hold a grudge. At least not professionally. Bethesda didn't single handed almost bankrupt them. Multiple things went wrong for Obsidian at the time. Also stuff like bonuses being tied to metacritic scores are way more common then you'd think in the videogame industry. The Obsidian case was just the one time people noticed it.

That said if Bethesda approached Obsidian to do another Fallout, Obsidian probably would have had a way better negotiating position.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah obsidian are doing quite well for themselves at the moment.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Idk about that. They lost their Russian MMO contract work a while ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Obsidian is currently Kickstarting a Pillars of Eternity sequel, that definitely aren't making another Fallout.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Idk about that. They lost their Russian MMO contract work a while ago, if I'm not mistaken.
My.com moved part of Armored Warfare's development to Russian. So Obsidian had to lay some devs off, but they're still working on it as far as I know.
Obsidian still is looking a bit shaky financially, but now they seem to be doing better then during their "If our kickstarter fails, we're done"-period.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Has any really cool mods happened in the last year? I was out of the country with a garbage laptop, and really busy for all of it so I didn't really check this thread at all.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
So is New Vegas Bounties III worth checking out at all? When it came out I remember there being some talk of it being a disappointment and/or going off the rails but I don't know what that means and I don't want to go digging out of fear of big spoilers. I enjoyed the first two because I thought the bounties were fun but wasn't too invested in the main storyline. Which one of those aspects is lackluster in the third part?

Also any thoughts on the other quest mods by that guy?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

watho posted:

Has any really cool mods happened in the last year? I was out of the country with a garbage laptop, and really busy for all of it so I didn't really check this thread at all.

Animation project added Human Devolution style takedowns to the game and a massively improved sprinting animation.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

watho posted:

Quick loot is the first thing that comes to mind.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raygereio posted:

My.com moved part of Armored Warfare's development to Russian. So Obsidian had to lay some devs off, but they're still working on it as far as I know.
Obsidian still is looking a bit shaky financially, but now they seem to be doing better then during their "If our kickstarter fails, we're done"-period.

They've had a string of really good games since The Stick Of Truth, though. Deadfire just got its kickstarter funded, and Tyranny just released.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Snoop Radley posted:

So is New Vegas Bounties III worth checking out at all? When it came out I remember there being some talk of it being a disappointment and/or going off the rails but I don't know what that means and I don't want to go digging out of fear of big spoilers. I enjoyed the first two because I thought the bounties were fun but wasn't too invested in the main storyline. Which one of those aspects is lackluster in the third part?

Also any thoughts on the other quest mods by that guy?

If I remember correctly from early reviews, there's a part late in the mod that irreversibly kills any followers you bring with you. I think you get warned beforehand not to bring followers, but it's 100% irreversible by any normal means.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Downloaded quick loot, it's pretty neat! I was going to write that I hope all good ideas from 4 gets back ported to NV but there really aren't that many. gently caress, that game was bad.

Also, to no-ones surprise, that nv2 leak was a hoax
http://kotaku.com/why-a-fake-fallou...dium=Socialflow

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Alright, so I made it past Nipton with zero stuttering problems, but then when I got to Novac I experienced a game-ending stuttering that would completely freeze the game. This is with NVAC, Better Performance, NVSR, 4GB patch, etc.

It seems the problem comes from when I auto-wait inside a building. If I save outside I'm fine, but if I auto-wait the game starts to stutter pretty bad. Any ideas? I reduced the amount of mods I am trying to run on this PC by about 20, including Nevada Skies. Should that make performance increase a great deal?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there some good mods that tidies up places that makes sense?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Alright, so I made it past Nipton with zero stuttering problems, but then when I got to Novac I experienced a game-ending stuttering that would completely freeze the game. This is with NVAC, Better Performance, NVSR, 4GB patch, etc.

It seems the problem comes from when I auto-wait inside a building. If I save outside I'm fine, but if I auto-wait the game starts to stutter pretty bad. Any ideas? I reduced the amount of mods I am trying to run on this PC by about 20, including Nevada Skies. Should that make performance increase a great deal?

Post your mod list. Do you have Increased Wasteland Spawns, ElectroCity, or any other mods like that?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Gyshall posted:

Post your mod list. Do you have Increased Wasteland Spawns, ElectroCity, or any other mods like that?

0 0 FalloutNV.esm
1 1 DeadMoney.esm
2 2 HonestHearts.esm
3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm
4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
6 6 ClassicPack.esm
7 7 MercenaryPack.esm
8 8 TribalPack.esm
9 9 CaravanPack.esm
10 a YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
11 b FreesideOpen.esm
12 c SaxxonsQuestPack.esm
13 d AWSW.esm
14 e Decrucifixion.esm
15 f NVStripOpen.esm
16 10 SomeguySeries.esm
17 11 YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
18 12 DLM_Dead Money Deans Blackmail holo fix.esp
19 13 Lingerie Custom.esp
20 14 updatedWearGlassesandMasks.esp
21 15 Better Game Performance.esp
22 16 NVCE Main.esp
23 17 SarahWeintraubSexySleepwear.esp
24 18 outsidebets.esp
25 19 FreesideOpenPatch.esp
26 1a Fellout.esp
27 1b JSawyer Ultimate.esp
28 1c betsybrahminFSO.esp
29 1d TheInheritance.esp
30 1e Legion Quests Expanded.esp
31 1f StripOpenMain.esp
32 20 CCO - Ulysses Companion.esp
33 21 Nipton Fires Extinguished.esp
34 22 uylssesbarksfix.esp
35 23 Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
36 24 SunnyCompanion.esp
37 25 UnlimitedCompanions.esp
38 26 NewVegasBounties.esp
39 27 IncreasedLegion1_1.esp
40 28 NewVegasKiller.esp
41 29 Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
42 2a MBOWBExtended100.esp
MBOWBExtended20.esp
MBOWBExtended40.esp
MBOWBExtended60.esp
MBOWBExtended80.esp
43 2b XP_Slower_100.esp
44 2c Karma Perks.esp
45 2d KillableKids.esp
46 2e OldWorldBlues - Keep Big MT Active.esp
47 2f Primm Reputation Restored.esp
48 30 UnlimitedTraits.esp
49 31 Cut Sewers Restored.esp
50 32 RestoredCaravanPlayers.esp
51 33 NVCE Main - Companions.esp
52 34 NVCE DLC01.esp
53 35 NVCE DLC02.esp
54 36 NVCE DLC03.esp
55 37 NVCE DLC04.esp
56 38 NewVegasBountiesFSOPatch.esp
57 39 awilderwasteland.esp
58 3a Decrucifixion.esp
59 3b Decrucifixion - More Victims.esp
60 3c The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
61 3d mojave music radio expanded v1.1.esp

I tried to cut back on a lot of things, I'm thinking Freeside and the Strip Open and all the various patches will have to go too. I'm thinking a big culprit was Nevada Skies.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm using Nevada Skies and the outside desert feels really dark. Is this intended and is there away around this?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm using Nevada Skies and the outside desert feels really dark. Is this intended and is there away around this?

Yeah, don't use the Nevada Skies on the Nexus. Go over to ModDb and download the URWL-ified version of the mod. It has a built in menu that lets you tweak the brightness settings. It lacks some of the features of the later version of the mod, but the functionality is a lot handier with URWL version.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah, don't use the Nevada Skies on the Nexus. Go over to ModDb and download the URWL-ified version of the mod. It has a built in menu that lets you tweak the brightness settings. It lacks some of the features of the later version of the mod, but the functionality is a lot handier with URWL version.

Okay, good to know. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there some good mods that tidies up places that makes sense?

There are some mods that have you clean up and rebuild places, like Afterschool Special, Run the Lucky 38, and whatever the Steve Bison one is called.