Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm an american so my teeth are immaculate and harder than steel

high five

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

that's just what they call themselves. they don't actually give a poo poo about imperialism.

you don't know when to quit, do you

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't know what you want people to do?
i don't think atrocities like this can or should be defended, deflected, quantified or normalised in any way. i want people who feel the need to post 'this is terrible, but' - even if it's to say that other countries are also bad - to not do that and ask themselves if this is necessary instead. i want people to suppress that instinctual urge to defend their country in some way against foreign criticism. don't get defensive at all.

and i want volkerball to stop posting.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRIyw-pJkUk

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

that's just what they call themselves. they don't actually give a poo poo about imperialism.

i'm going to guess that r. mute isn't a putin apologist

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

R. Mute posted:

i want volkerball to stop posting.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

R. Mute posted:

i want volkerball to stop posting.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

the portrait of an all lives matter poster

imagine if you will, vb speaking, cheeto dust and spittle flying "nobody ever talks about non American imperialism, everybody hates America because it's :airquote: chic :airquote:," pausing for a swig of Mountain Dew, he leers at the asian lady he's speaking to, "now what the gently caress is a uighur, you dumbass. i don't speak korean"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

you don't know when to quit, do you

it's true. everyone lines up to express outrage once every 6 months when something like this manages to penetrate the bubble of peoples daily lives, but when hundreds of kids are killed in a chemical weapons attack sponsored by a world power that isn't the us, it's whoa whoa. do we know for a fact that chemical weapons even exist

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

R. Mute posted:

i don't think atrocities like this can or should be defended, deflected, quantified or normalised in any way. i want people who feel the need to post 'this is terrible, but' - even if it's to say that other countries are also bad - to not do that and ask themselves if this is necessary instead. i want people to suppress that instinctual urge to defend their country in some way against foreign criticism. don't get defensive at all.

The problem is that they *do* happen all the time. You only undermine your point by acting like they don't.

R. Mute posted:

and i want volkerball to stop posting.

co-signed

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

it's true. everyone lines up to express outrage once every 6 months when something like this manages to penetrate the bubble of peoples daily lives, but when hundreds of kids are killed in a chemical weapons attack sponsored by a world power that isn't the us, it's whoa whoa. do we know for a fact that chemical weapons even exist

this isn't the mideast thread though, i'd like to think none of the posters here actually take this stance

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

What about

Zzzzz

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The problem is that they *do* happen all the time. You only undermine your point by acting like they don't.
my point is that while things like this do happen far too often, it's not a thing that is a relevant or appropriate response when it happens. the alllivesmatter analogy is a poor one because those people generally don't actually care about black people dying and im sure you guys do care about children being murdered by america, but the general mechanic is the same. in theory you're not saying anything wrong, you're just contextualising and being accurate, but in practice you're (unintentionally) minimising the significance of this specific incident. alllivesmatter people do it out of racism, you guys are either doing it out of a misguided need to defend your country or to be 'technically correct' or out of vb-ishness.

you're right, those kind of things do happen all the time. but the fact that you're bringing it up in response to a specific incident is problematic as heck. there's a time and a place and it isn't now and it isn't here.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If my country shot an eight year old to death I would be extremely angry

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/826512591597940736

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

kustomkarkommando posted:

If my country shot an eight year old to death I would be extremely angry

What about a 12 year old

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

will it actually be good, or will it be a nostalgia cash in?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Gin and Juche posted:

What about a 12 year old

That would make me angry too

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

what if the 12 year old was hitler

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Volkerball posted:

what if the 12 year old was hitler

Please VB I will never support your primary school intervention scheme, please stop lobbying me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Please VB I will never support your primary school intervention scheme, please stop lobbying me

ok fine, what if the reason the 12 year old was hitler was because he suffered a systematic torture regimen conducted by the irish government that left him with serious mental trauma, but the reason that ironland tortured him was because he tried to frame them for 9/11 and almost started a war

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Looks pretty good, gotta save Morrowind from a giant meteor, also new class with pet bear. The past few ESO expansions have been well worth a sub.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the awlaki family should have learned from the kennedy's, the cia takes their grudges too far

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

ok fine, what if the reason the 12 year old was hitler was because he suffered a systematic torture regimen conducted by the irish government that left him with serious mental trauma, but the reason that ironland tortured him was because he tried to frame them for 9/11 and almost started a war

*takes out list of alternate history topics*

"what if the ira did 9/11?"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Please VB I will not read your novel, you are not "the new tom Clancy" no matter how many times you violently insist this to be true

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Please VB I will not read your novel, you are not "the new tom Clancy" no matter how many times you violently insist this to be true

well, i mean, he does suck

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

ill wait to see how much of actual ~story~ there is before buying it. morrowing is a primo nostalgia bait for me, but a summoner class and arena pvp are quite literally some of the last things i am interested in this game

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

elevating it above others is doing that tho dude. you end up condemning america more than the violence which seems real off, imo. theres nothing especially terrible about AMERICAN overseas child death, its plain terrible.
america as a developed country is more prone to seeking out death for others imo

i think it comes with being a state founded on both the ideas of a need for people's consent, and the right to enforce slavery against an entire class of people. you end up with a class of slavecatchers, or people who are trained to seek out people for the crime of being different and i think some of that cultural baggage is around with us today, where you don't just want to kill the enemy, but get incredibly petty about it to make sure the social order is upheld. where you get people who harass the grieving family members of an innocent teen shot by police.

likewise, perpetrators are more privileged internationally and less likely to see justice for their actions. I think iraq was a watershed moment for the world. People looked at america doing what it wanted not for the good of humanity or some other ideals but out of self-advancement, and realized anything goes so long as you have the force to back it. I think the realization that you can take what you want from the powerless and no one will stop you is largely responsible for the right wing resurgence around the world.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A Spot of Trouble on Noin Elenny, by Volker J. Ball.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oi be floyin dis 'ere plane into em towers now an be killin alla dem vermins, mizzy

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

remember that one time when vb shut up?

good times

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Volkerball posted:

oi be floyin dis 'ere plane into em towers now an be killin alla dem vermins, mizzy

redwall got topical

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

well then bad news

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rodatose posted:

america as a developed country is more prone to seeking out death for others imo

i think it comes with being a state founded on both the ideas of a need for people's consent, and the right to enforce slavery against an entire class of people. you end up with a class of slavecatchers, or people who are trained to seek out people for the crime of being different and i think some of that cultural baggage is around with us today, where you don't just want to kill the enemy, but get incredibly petty about it to make sure the social order is upheld. where you get people who harass the grieving family members of an innocent teen shot by police.

likewise, perpetrators are more privileged internationally and less likely to see justice for their actions. I think iraq was a watershed moment for the world. People looked at america doing what it wanted not for the good of humanity or some other ideals but out of self-advancement, and realized anything goes so long as you have the force to back it. I think the realization that you can take what you want from the powerless and no one will stop you is largely responsible for the right wing resurgence around the world.

please don't troll me

redwall got topical

it was always about using a wall to keep the dark tides of irredeemable foreigners out

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
also the dog peed on his own leg so now i am am ashamed for him

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it was always about using a wall to keep the dark tides of irredeemable foreigners out

that wildcat let martin in and look what happened. took the whole place over and instituted sharia law

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ill wait to see how much of actual ~story~ there is before buying it. morrowing is a primo nostalgia bait for me, but a summoner class and arena pvp are quite literally some of the last things i am interested in this game

since its all of the land mass of tes3 i imagine that there will be quite a good deal of story included

RODNEY THE RACEHOR
Jan 1, 2016

i hope my friend dahmer has a happy ending
here are some healthy thriving babies who know nothing about politics

their names are jasper and jabberwocky

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Sweet inter-racial twin nudes in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

quote:

Some mothers will reject a lamb, often one of twins or triplets. If you hold the ewe so the lamb can nurse, either manually or by putting the ewe in a stanchion, after several days the ewe will usually begin to accept the lamb. The key for the ewe is the smell of the back end of the lamb; after a few days, the ewe will detect her own milk in the lamb's feces. It sometimes works to rub the ewe's nose and the lamb's rear with Vicks VapoRub, or putting a cinnamon stick up the ewe's nose and putting cinnamon on the lamb's rear; older ewes are less likely to fall for these tricks. Another trick is to bring a dog into the barn. Often, the instinct to protect the lamb from the dog is strong enough to reestablish the bond of ewe and lamb.

• Locked thread