Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pretty sure in any sci-fi universe with energy shields it's the shield that handles all the re-entry problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Chunjee posted:

Is Elite adding any new ships to compliment this change in crew size? I know some ships had a couple extra chairs already so I wasn't sure.

I doubt citizens will be phased much however.
Something like two thirds of the ships have at least one extra seat already.

It's almost as if they planned poo poo out beforehand.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Pretty sure in any sci-fi universe with energy shields it's the shield that handles all the re-entry problems.

Nope, if you come in too hot, or at a bad angle in E:D, re-entry will do damage. In fact, aside from high fantasy Sci-Fi (eg, Star Wars) most decent universes have examples of re-entry kicking the poo poo out of even sensibly designed ships.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Are you sure about Elite because last I played you can't land on planets with atmosphere in E:D

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Xaerael posted:

Introducing my new jpeg series: Retarded Ship Ideas (or RSI for short)

THE CONSTELLATION!

I look forward to you doing the same thing for Elite. Which is equally retarded, but for totally different reasons.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
They just dropped a ball of tape into Chris' toys drawer and the consternation is what come out

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

Nope, if you come in too hot, or at a bad angle in E:D, re-entry will do damage. In fact, aside from high fantasy Sci-Fi (eg, Star Wars) most decent universes have examples of re-entry kicking the poo poo out of even sensibly designed ships.

pppssst, ED doesn't have atmospheres.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
EAT EACH OTHER MY CHILDREN

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Just wait until the 1984 immersionists turn this into a poo poo pile like ship transfers.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

Introducing my new jpeg series: Retarded Ship Ideas (or RSI for short)

THE CONSTELLATION!

THE ROGER YOUNG(concept art)!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

X-Ultron posted:

Just wait until the 1984 immersionists turn this into a poo poo pile like ship transfers.

The instantly transferring into another ship will never fly with 84s

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Eldragon posted:

I look forward to you doing the same thing for Elite. Which is equally retarded, but for totally different reasons.

The thread for ED is three doors down the hall on the left, just follow the grunts from the gBs threads.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Hav posted:

No no no, you see ED ships get damaged by the drag induced by free floating dark-element-zero. Its the same thing that makes ships fly like zeppelins.
:goonsay:

DapperDon posted:

The thread for ED is three doors down the hall on the left, just follow the grunts from the gBs threads.

Sorry. We can't let the SC thread get off topic now can we?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Hav posted:

Another childhood illusion ruined...

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sure, but can you walk to the bathroom?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Morrowind expansion for ESO is coming out which includes a new class. Housing is also out next week. Never seen a game turn around from poo poo (at launch) to amazing (present) like this before.

Star Citizen is poo poo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Goobs posted:

Star Citizen is poo poo.

You filthy heretic.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Goobs posted:

Morrowind expansion for ESO is coming out which includes a new class. Housing is also out next week. Never seen a game turn around from poo poo (at launch) to amazing (present) like this before.

Star Citizen is poo poo.

FF14 has the market cornered on turning from poo poo to gold.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Goobs posted:

Star Citizen is poo poo.

Warframe, FF 14, and Marvel Heroes are a few that come to my mind.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Eldragon posted:

Sorry. We can't let the SC thread get off topic now can we?

Not unless it is about Crowdfunded Belts, Kayak, Grills, Cooking Recipes, Guns, Doxxing, or other subjects approved my our esteemed moderation team.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Xaerael posted:

FF14 has the market cornered on turning from poo poo to gold.

Forgot about how bad FF14 was at the beginning. It ran just as well as Star Citizen does. Didn't they make the original director of that game perform seppuku in shame or some poo poo? Probably not but in my dreams he did.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Goobs posted:

Forgot about how bad FF14 was at the beginning. It ran just as well as Star Citizen does. Didn't they make the original director of that game perform seppuku in shame or some poo poo? Probably not but in my dreams he did.

I know he was chucked off the project and Yoship was put in his place. FF14 still has some batshit annoying V1 legacy crap that IMO needs cutting, but in the grand scheme, it's day and night different.

They also had the decency to offer no questions refunds to anyone who had paid for anything during the Beta, or have it as credit when "reborn" launched.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
All mmos are bad though

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I have a feeling this guy has at least 1 gently caress doll in his basement with a printout of Chris or Sandi crudely taped over the head

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Xaerael posted:

I know he was chucked off the project and Yoship was put in his place. FF14 still has some batshit annoying V1 legacy crap that IMO needs cutting, but in the grand scheme, it's day and night different.

They also had the decency to offer no questions refunds to anyone who had paid for anything during the Beta, or have it as credit when "reborn" launched.

They are a great company and they were smart with what they did. I've never been into any FF games but I really enjoyed and still do enjoy FF14. Just a slick game overall..and even more rare is the community is actually amazing. Any time I've asked for help there's always been someone to help.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

I have a feeling this guy has at least 1 gently caress doll in his basement with a printout of Chris or Sandi crudely taped over the head

Something something Beetwagon's avatar something something.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The ships are all the opposite of iconic. Bland, generic, interchangeable, no guiding design principles. It's almost as if they're working without a design document :v:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sappo569 posted:

He has so many bins full of gently caress dolls in his basement that Bunny Man is kind of jealous

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The ships are all the opposite of iconic. Bland, generic, interchangeable, no guiding design principles. It's almost as if they're working without a design document :v:

You shut your filthy whore mouth

Did you not see the design document Ben sketched of his fish-ship cargo hauler ?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Are these serious? I always thought there was a dystopian quality to them that is anti-CIG

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tippis posted:

The whole lack of “space” seems to be a bit of a blocker there.

Did they say "Space Citizen"? No, they said STAR Citizen. You know, since Sandi will be in it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Are these serious? I always thought there was a dystopian quality to them that is anti-CIG
It's hard to say exactly what AdzAdama's intent is. There are certainly some that are critical on the face of it, but his sheer productivity of mentally unwell images would suggest that he's not.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Star Citizen Hopes and Dreams. To improve it add "...on my little sister." after all the sentences.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just realized it's been what, five years and CIG still doesn't have airlocks or guys getting blown out into space.
You don't understand blow development.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

Star Citizen Hopes and Dreams. To improve it add "...on my little sister." after all the sentences.

The citizens are way ahead of you:

Guy that drew this insisted that it is not just any old cartoon girl with her vag half out; it is in fact his sister

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That picture is older than Star Citizen

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

That picture is older than Star Citizen

So some citizen archered it? Well poo poo

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

Not at the moment. There are a handful of (mostly historical) ships that have been lurking in the background, and haven't been implemented yet, but they're all large enough to have the extra space already.

And really, it's only the very smallest ships that don't already have some obvious extra crew slots, and even those are large enough to allow for the illusion that, say, a gunner would be hiding somewhere inside the ship. Not that you'd even want to mount turrets on a ship that small…

What are you talking about? Mounting a medium turret on an Adder would be hilarious. You and your buddy in your personal tiny space tank. :3:

Chunjee posted:

Is Elite adding any new ships to compliment this change in crew size? I know some ships had a couple extra chairs already so I wasn't sure.

I doubt citizens will be phased much however.

Years ago we got a sneak peak at art of the Panther Clipper, a huge monster of a ship. Multicrew would be the perfect time to finally add it in, but with Frontier's information blackout, we'll probably only know for sure after the beta starts end of February. (Frontier is like Anti-Star Citizen in that regard, instead of endless spewing out promises, they never tell you anything until release is almost there.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
You know these guys clamouring for multicrew ship stuff can already do that now.

It's called the Navy and I hear they're always looking for peeps.