Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I think DONGS just got castrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
I am in no way surprised but not any less upset.

I'm gonna miss my [DONGS].

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
How often do you actually deal significant flooding damage anyway? Unless the dude was an idiot and burned his Damecon right before your torps hit. And flooding damage is 100% repairable with Repair Party, so...

If I were WG I would make flooding impossible to repair from while greatly reducing the damage. Now it's more of a speed debuff than a DoT like fire, with the caveat that multiple floods are super dangerous.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

jownzy posted:

I think DONGS just got castrated.

If DONGS went limp, can we do Dunkin Doenitz?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

MoraleHazard posted:

Dunkin Doenitz?

:vince:

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
The real challenge is to find something that Wargaming actually deems appropriate.

BTW, saw a clan running around with the tag TORPS, so I guess that one can't be that inappropriate.

SEAGL, Lesbian Seagull... but they'll think we're talking about their action hero crush.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

MoraleHazard posted:

Dunkin Doenitz?

Bitte.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

I can't take credit.

Fake edit: beaten

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I don't understand how y'all could possibly enjoy IJN DDs beyond sealclubbing in the isokaze. Hydro or radar invalidates you and your health can disappear in a hot moment because of a stealthy USN DD or a stealthy cruiser while you're spotted by a CV, and RPF (the way it's currently used on NA) seems tailor-made to specifically hunt for IJN DDs.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

February event calendar is up. Any idea what ships will be in the special bundles?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

SALT? Or, more subtly, NACL.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sperglord Actual posted:

February event calendar is up. Any idea what ships will be in the special bundles?

They didn't add the data for any new premiums in the last patch, so unless they stuff another one in before then, it'll just be repeats of what we already have. There'll be lots of tier 6s and 7s on sale in advance of ranked though, either spaced out, or in one big one.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Clarence posted:

Have they ever nerfed a premium? Or do they just stop selling it?

They significantly altered a premium in World of Tanks. Because of this due to some EU commerce law they had to offer a full refund for it. Usually they just stop selling it. However, if they significantly alter a mechanic in the game that impacts all things equally then I do not believe they have to offer the refund thing. The example that springs to mind is the LEFH from WoT which fired awesome HEAT shells on release. They then changed how HEAT worked and nerfed the penetration of the shell across the board so I don't think they offered a refund for it.

Sperglord Actual posted:

I can't believe we aren't allowed to have DONGS but they can unironically use loving "Torpedo Polisher". Also Dunkin Doenitz is funny, but I feel NACL probably fits me better. I rage in chat....a lot.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Is it worth it to transfer officers up if you're moving to higher tiers? Assuming I'm staying within the same class?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Colonial Air Force posted:

Is it worth it to transfer officers up if you're moving to higher tiers? Assuming I'm staying within the same class?

It depends on how many points they have. I usually toss them before T4 but carry them on afterwards.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

They didn't add the data for any new premiums in the last patch, so unless they stuff another one in before then, it'll just be repeats of what we already have. There'll be lots of tier 6s and 7s on sale in advance of ranked though, either spaced out, or in one big one.

Isn't there some ijn BB in testing? t7ish iirc.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Mutsu. It's the Nagato A hull, moved down to tier 6 with torpedo tubes.

I unlocked the Southern Dragon today. As expected it's an ARP Myoukou without the squeaky voices and it sinks stuff just fine.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ice Fist posted:

Either that or giving those BBs the "super heavy" 16 inch shells they actually had so they can also compete equally in the guns department. That'd be nice.
They do. If you look at the name of the shells the NC/Iowa/Montana fire it's the "AP Mk8", which is the so called "super heavy" shells.

Thundercakes posted:

Chat ban is a badge of honor, wear it proudly. You're not wrong, you're basically down a player before the match even starts if your CV sucks and the other one is even moderately serviceable. I barely play CV, and nothing above T4 in over a year, but I am debating on picking it up again. Even if I'm mediocre, it's still going to be better than most of the CV I run into.
Tbqh my favourite thing about playing CVs is that it literally doesn't matter how good you are you're still going to get your team complaining and reporting that you're terrible at the game because they got hit by a single bomb or something. "CV do ur job provide air cover" they scream, as you watch your out of ammo fighter fly back to land after strafing 4/5ths of the incoming attack, and you look over to half the enemy team burning and sinking from your perfectly executed strikes (because you're running strike loadout like a non-retard). The battle ends and despite the broken CV economy you're still scoring better than most of the team. Exiting to port, you see a message pop up in the notification feed: "You have been reported."

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Sperglord Actual posted:

Mutsu. It's the Nagato A hull, moved down to tier 6 with torpedo tubes.

I unlocked the Southern Dragon today. As expected it's an ARP Myoukou without the squeaky voices and it sinks stuff just fine.

I appreciate trying to create a new ship to fill a niche at t6 especially as Mutsu was literally Nagato Class and their late war setup would be mostly the same for gameplay purposes.

But with t6 having some of the worst matchmaking in game, having a Nagato A hull ship with some brawling torps going against t7 and t8 battleships is not a good proposal. ESPECIALLY if it keeps the A hull shells, which I recall as having wimpy penetration values.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pacra posted:

I appreciate trying to create a new ship to fill a niche at t6 especially as Mutsu was literally Nagato Class and their late war setup would be mostly the same for gameplay purposes.

But with t6 having some of the worst matchmaking in game, having a Nagato A hull ship with some brawling torps going against t7 and t8 battleships is not a good proposal. ESPECIALLY if it keeps the A hull shells, which I recall as having wimpy penetration values.

I want to say both Nagato and Amagi lost the lovely shells they had on their bottom hulls as of a patch or two ago, so unless Mutsu is being based on the bottom hull as it used to be, that at least won't be a problem.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Does anybody else here love the Akatsuki? It's by far my most successful ship with an astonishing 81,4% win rate in it. Thanks to camos and doubles I finished the grind to the Kagero in just 27 battles.
It has all: speedy, stealthy, good and fast torps, workable guns. A true jack of all trades, with really good torps.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Pacra posted:

When the Mutsu was first announced someone on reddit posted a penetration graph and IIRC those crap shells have pen comparable to the Warspite's shells (which actually have relatively terrible pen too), so I'm not too worried right now.

Lord Koth posted:

I want to say both Nagato and Amagi lost the lovely shells they had on their bottom hulls as of a patch or two ago, so unless Mutsu is being based on the bottom hull as it used to be, that at least won't be a problem.
Mutsu's based on the old and now removed A Hull so presumably it has the crap shells.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Been on a Warships break since the new skills patch came out. Have CAs all of a sudden seen a resurgence with IFHE? There seems to be a ton more Cruisers and they seem to hurt me a lot more than before.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Pacra posted:

Strictly speaking Mutsu never had a late war setup.

If it's not total crap I might get one to go with my Arizona.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I love battleships with torps

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Vengarr posted:

How often do you actually deal significant flooding damage anyway? Unless the dude was an idiot and burned his Damecon right before your torps hit. And flooding damage is 100% repairable with Repair Party, so...

If I were WG I would make flooding impossible to repair from while greatly reducing the damage. Now it's more of a speed debuff than a DoT like fire, with the caveat that multiple floods are super dangerous.

Flooding is absolutely an extremely rare occurrence to have ticking on anyone at all these days. Since it deals so much damage, even the reddest of players usually saves repair for it in a danger zone. In the case that they don't, it does help that battleship repair duration is so long -- admittedly needed considering battleship manoeuvrability, to avoid being baited into repairing a fire then hit by a torpedo a few seconds later.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Mutsu will be a beast, don't ruin my hopes and dreams before they're out the oven.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Giving the Missouri radar was a terrible decision, they really shouldn't have that ability at all.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Giving battleships cruiser-specific (in-game) capabilities is something that they should not have done in the first place. At least IFHE makes battleships cry, I suppose.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lord Koth posted:

I like how WG is still trying to pretend they haven't been utterly loving IJN destroyers over constantly by claiming the flooding changes are aimed at helping them out due to their higher flooding chance. I've never had issues causing flooding with shipboard torpedoes of any nation, so any increased chance they have isn't much, especially considering how much it's counterbalanced by how much easier it is to hit with multiple torpedoes with any other nation due to lacking the utterly bullshit detection times IJN torpedoes have. This is also ignoring that even in T6/7 flooding damage is now reduced from what it used to be - and T6 is the most played tier, followed by T8 (almost exclusively due to the Bismarck and North Carolina) then T7.

Also ignoring how RADAR still fucks over IJN destroyers far more than any other line of ships, and they're boosting how much the rare RADAR upgrade increases the duration by .

I think you misunderstand. The flooding % damage is going down on T1-7 ships, but that is if the flooding goes full duration. And full flooding duration damage is going UP for top tiers. The damage is being COMPRESSED from 120 seconds to 90 seconds, as well. Damage per tick is going UP by 30+% for T8+ ships, which is huge. The only ships that are seeing a reduction in damage per tick are T1-3 ships. If the flooding does not go the full 90 seconds, this is effectively a HUGE boost in flooding damage. Only after 90 seconds is there any "potential" damage being lost, and almost no ships will ever have that happen. Though BoS and the anti-flooding mods are now arguably stronger. Arguably.

PS: IJN CVs are probably going to see a noticeable jump in power, too.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 1, 2017

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

My only gripe is that the easiest ships to torpedo are potatoes who are comfortably tunnel vision'd without anyone shooting back at them. So usually when you do hit one of these clods with a torp, his damage control is ready to go. If people were actually lighting him up and setting fires, those players are often dodging and weaving just enough to make torp hits a crap shoot, or more likely they are peeling away from your team and will easily creep out of torp range without even realizing it. But when you do catch them on cooldown thats all she wrote.

I absolutely agree this is a much bigger buff for the carriers than it is for stealth torping destroyers.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Hazdoc posted:

Like they loving need it.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

I think you misunderstand. The flooding % damage is going down on T1-7 ships, but that is if the flooding goes full duration. And full flooding duration damage is going UP for top tiers. The damage is being COMPRESSED from 120 seconds to 90 seconds, as well. Damage per tick is going UP by 30+% for T8+ ships, which is huge. The only ships that are seeing a reduction in damage per tick are T1-3 ships. If the flooding does not go the full 90 seconds, this is effectively a HUGE boost in flooding damage. Only after 90 seconds is there any "potential" damage being lost, and almost no ships will ever have that happen. Though BoS and the anti-flooding mods are now arguably stronger. Arguably.

from http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/73124-public-test-update-31012017/page__st__20__pid__1619748#entry1619748 - This math looks correct to me.

% of ratio damage increase (from the ratio of new speed vs old hp speed loss)

Tier
1-3 0.5932 / 0.667 = -11.06 %
4 0.6475 / 0.583 = +11.06 %
5 0.6570 / 0.558 = +17.74 %
6 0.6631 / 0.533 = +24.40 %
7 0.6658 / 0.508 = +31.06 %
8 0.6652 / 0.483 = +37.72 %
9 0.6613 / 0.458 = +44.39 %
10 0.6541 / 0.433 = +51.06 %

This is a way bigger flooding buff than you think, especially as you move up past tier 5.

Get caught in a Grosser Kurfurst with your repair just down and be flooded? There goes >50k health from flooding in addition to whatever amount of damage the torps did.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So I made a thing for myself but figured I'd share just in case:
http://imgur.com/a/Hg9DJ
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n0a6i1ecn8y9aur/camouflages.xml
Basically all it does is change the Santa's Convoy perma camos to look like the gold perma camos that you can buy. I really hated how the Santa's Convoy camos looked but I wanted to use them because I didn't want to spend gold/credits on other camos. Just throw the camouflages.xml into \res_mods\0.6.0.1 and you're good to go.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what

Clan [TORPS] does exist in the NA server.
I guess this clan business is handled by the same wgna nazi apologists that had hard-on for goons in wot.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Marder, She Wrote will remain the best clan forever.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Finally got myself a 19 point captain. It's a Bismarck, secondary spec build.

If I'm going to use it to get captain xp for training other captains, will I get more from the tier 8 Bismarck or the tier 7 premium Scharnhorst?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Flagellum posted:

Clan [TORPS] does exist in the NA server.
I guess this clan business is handled by the same wgna nazi apologists that had hard-on for goons in wot.

Ah yes, the name that demonR6 tried but was denied because it violated their policy. Great consistency.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

how about T0RPS. Thats a Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

how about T0RPS. Thats a Zero.

"Nope sorry that violates our guidelines."

*presses authorisation button on [FGGOT]*