Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just realized it's been what, five years and CIG still doesn't have airlocks or guys getting blown out into space.

They're modeling air molecule physics, so when the airlock opens or a dynamic hole is blown into your ship, your body will rag doll properly before stimpiring out of the side of your ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Star Citizen’s long-promised virtual reality support arrives in 2016

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

The Titanic posted:

Space tits need space suit tits. Because it's very important to realize

Space tits in space suits. Is this a new module for SC?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

This settles it, time for a refund cascade.

VR was one of the 'core' things keeping a not insignificant number of big spender whales interested, I honestly can't wait to see what their reaction to this is. :)

If they'll officially drop VR, then I wonder which of the myriad other fidelitous core features they'll drop.

Exciting times ahead, not so much for CIG though I'd wager. :D

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Someone take Ralph from the simpsons where you can picture his heart breaking but make it Ben

I choo choo choose you Chris Roberts !

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sabreseven posted:

VR was one of the 'core' things keeping a not insignificant number of big spender whales interested, I honestly can't wait to see what their reaction to this is. :)

If they'll officially drop VR, then I wonder which of the myriad other fidelitous core features they'll drop.

Exciting times ahead, not so much for CIG though I'd wager. :D

While I agree with you, you know those nutballs will explain it away as a good thing.

Battered wife syndrome is the inevitable consequence of backing this clusterfuck.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

The citizens are way ahead of you:

Guy that drew this insisted that it is not just any old cartoon girl with her vag half out; it is in fact his sister

I think this is the one. Though naturally it was discovered that this was actually stolen from a real artist and just Archered into the Star Citizen history.

Really the only truly original concept to emerge from Star Citizen has been the Stimpire. I sort of wish that guy went and did something with that concept.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sabreseven posted:

If they'll officially drop VR

Who says they've officially dropped it? Ben Parry saying something doesn't mean poo poo. I think this project is a joke but you guys latch on to the weakest poo poo.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I mean, I completely think Parry is telling the truth but FFS haven't you seen how the spin machine works?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

While I agree with you, you know those nutballs will explain it away as a good thing.

Battered wife syndrome is the inevitable consequence of backing this clusterfuck.

I've a feeling this may be the time where the neighbour is watching through the letterbox as the wife hits the deck. :D

VR has always been one of the brown seas most beloved things to look forward to, as soon as they realise that CIG would remove such a feature, the doubt will creep in, it'll knaw and grate at them.

It's high time the brown sea suffered an epiphany and sobered up imho. :D

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
why did CIG even announce they're ending VR support? They aren't fulfilling most of their goals and the only thing they keep up is their cash shop. Not sure why they'd even admit it

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Madcosby posted:

why did CIG even announce they're ending VR support? They aren't fulfilling most of their goals and the only thing they keep up is their cash shop. Not sure why they'd even admit it

Because Ben Parry just can't keep his mouth shut and people keep thinking he's a spokesperson or something.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

I've a feeling this may be the time where the neighbour is watching through the letterbox as the wife hits the deck. :D

VR has always been one of the brown seas most beloved things to look forward to, as soon as they realise that CIG would remove such a feature, the doubt will creep in, it'll knaw and grate at them.

Well perhaps our Uncle Derek needs to trumpet this fact more to the Star Citizen masses. And hopefully he read trumpet as a full word and won't get distracted.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

Though naturally it was discovered that this was actually stolen from a real artist and just Archered into the Star Citizen history.

I will never live down the shame of assuming that pic was a Star Citizen Original

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Not the first time Ben Parry put his foot in his mouth. Last time around they not-so-subtly poo poo on him in public as damage control, saying his opinion didn't matter because he's some artist type who can't program. But AFAIK he's a graphics programmer and works on the main game renderer lol. That would explain why he was so quick to say it wasn't feasible too.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

starkebn posted:

I mean, I completely think Parry is telling the truth but FFS haven't you seen how the spin machine works?

The way the spin machine works is exactly why I think this is going to be a big deal, it affects a certain highly strung demographic of users.

It may not be official yet, but just seeing one of their grunt workers giving this information freely and so 'matter of fact' in the manner he did so will irk them greatly. CIG can spin it, or attempt to spin it to delay anger or resentment, but in the last 6 months CIG has repeatedly failed very publicly with pretty much everything. It all adds up in the backers eyes, this will remind them of 3.0 not being a thing, of the gamescon that was bad, of all the little things that have gone largely unnoticed or skimmed over.

The thing with spin is it works with momentum, getting larger and less stable as time marches on, once the wheel pops out of the track every bump after that point throws it farther off course, this 'bump' is something that Evil Knieval would have broken bone and bike over. :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well perhaps our Uncle Derek needs to trumpet this fact more to the Star Citizen masses. And hopefully he read trumpet as a full word and won't get distracted.

Carefull, you'll set him off again :D

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Chris will just wave his arms around and say VR is still in the plan and the whales will go back to buying ships. It always goes this way.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Only reason I bought in at all was to dick around in VR, so oh welp :v:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

aleksendr posted:

Every time i see the picture i always think "Get your feet of my perfectly clean canopy and get dressed you mooching space parasite."

I just think that the monitor wouldn't illuminate things behind it. You and I are triggered by the same leg but for different reasons

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thanks to Asp Explorer on the FD forums for digging this out.

Behold, an mushmouth well out of his depth and stammering for excuses and other random explanations.

https://youtu.be/t45Ls1otq1k?t=1975

So um, yeah, no....ah.....

Still laugh till my sides split at his eventual, clammouring, reaching, sweaty answer of "it would happen for the multicrew combat" having any relevance to anything ever.

Edit, made the quote correct through tears of laughter.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 1, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

starkebn posted:

Because Ben Parry just can't keep his mouth shut and people keep thinking he's a spokesperson or something.
He's not a spokesman, but when your Senior Graphics Programmer says "don't hold your breath" about a graphical feature then it doesn't matter if he's speaking in an official capacity for the company or in an unofficial capacity as a person, his position makes him an authority on the subject in any context.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

That is such a non answer it is not even funny. Someone higher up saw his original comment and called him to retract it so it doesn't piss off the backers that are chomping at the bit for VR. Ben does not give non answers and takes great pride in his verbose responses. gently caress that guy.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

Thanks to Asp Explorer on the FD forums for digging this out.

Behold, an mushmouth well out of his depth and stammering for excuses and other random explanations.

https://youtu.be/t45Ls1otq1k?t=1975

So um, yeah, no....ah.....

Still laugh till my sides split at his eventual, clammouring, reaching, sweaty answer of "it would happen for the multicrew combat" having any relevance to anything ever.

Edit, made the quote correct through tears of laughter.

Holy poo poo that's embarassing

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Holy poo poo that's embarassing

Could almost sense the guy wondering how his question managed to make CR go full retard for the long duration of the non answer :D

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5rbiwv/regarding_vr_dont_hold_your_breath/

Now the spergs are telling themselves that this is a good thing. That now is not the right time for VR as it would take away time and resources from 3.0.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5rbiwv/regarding_vr_dont_hold_your_breath/

Now the spergs are telling themselves that this is a good thing. That now is not the right time for VR as it would take away time and resources from 3.0.

They'll spin their tyres in the poop for a day or so, give it a couple of days to set fast and stink up the place. :D

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

I am consistently amazed by how devoted Chris has managed to coax his weirdo fanclub into being.

And consistently grateful I managed to get out.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I am consistently amazed by how devoted Chris has managed to coax his weirdo fanclub into being.

And consistently grateful I managed to get out.

Yeah, I remember seeing you and Beet as serious cheerleaders for a good little minute. When you guys jumped off the S.S. Crazytrain, I was actually amazed.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Yeah, I remember seeing you and Beet as serious cheerleaders for a good little minute. When you guys jumped off the S.S. Crazytrain, I was actually amazed.

There's two beets ? :ohdear:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Two Hearts Beets as One.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

They're right. Unfortunately though the backwards walking will not stop until they have a very basic arena shooter with pay 2 win ships, tons of monetary buy in stuff for real money, and no real engaging gameplay to call out.

Also countdown to the outsourced version of Squadron 42 for consoles that looks totally different because they let the Chinese company "just make a loving game" according to the Roberts Skype from his meeting room wearing shorts.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

They'll spin their tyres in the poop for a day or so, give it a couple of days to set fast and stink up the place. :D

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Literally never heard of these guys until just now, but I'm real sorry that a musician you like is dead

If there's anyone in this thread who has good taste in music, it's a guy who calls himself "peter gabriel" and "major tom"

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

They're right. Unfortunately though the backwards walking will not stop until they have a very basic arena shooter with pay 2 win ships, tons of monetary buy in stuff for real money, and no real engaging gameplay to call out.

Also countdown to the outsourced version of Squadron 42 for consoles that looks totally different because they let the Chinese company "just make a loving game" according to the Roberts Skype from his meeting room wearing shorts.

You've gotten way more vocal in your normal middle of the road criticism of CIG lately. You didn't happen buy back in and didn't tell us did you?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PICTURED: Disco Lando attempting to escape Ben's latest blocking of the staff toilets.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

We are many.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

PICTURED: Disco Lando attempting to escape Ben's latest blocking of the staff toilets.

You really think ben doesn't have his own special washroom ? With grab bars and a series of block and tackle ?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

With grab bars and a series of block and tackle ?

Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

You really think ben doesn't have his own special washroom ? With grab bars and a series of block and tackle ?

Electric winch connected to a Clapper (tm)