Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we go live now to hour seven of the Rondo hostage crisis. Police have been airlifting in VHS copies of Police Academy and Ski Patrol that Hoiberg needs to live. The Big Three have been called in to negotiate with Rondo but KG has tried to break through the doors with headbutts. Rondo has been threatening Hoiberg with a basketball, but police SWAT teams are trying to get him to three point range, where Hoiberg will be completely safe from any Rondo shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/826538581007163395
Go to her profile to read more choice bits from the interview. Lmao.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol this just reminded me that barkley raced dick bavetta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA4LZLTrpGA

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
eastern conference player of the week dion waiters

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The NBA is just the best

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Stephen Jackson smokes a lot of weed

Showing up to work high is probably bad tho

so uh for some context I didn't see this posted: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18588687/ex-nba-player-stephen-jackson-says-somes-smoked-marijuana-games

quote:

"We're in Utah, and the [league's] drug test people are around, you know, to get our last drug test so we can smoke, right? Don Nelson, we talked about weed all the time. He was cool with talking about weed. We got our last test in Utah, right? So me and [teammate] Baron [Davis] are coming out the locker room just screaming, excited with our last pink slip saying we could smoke for the rest of the season, and Don Nelson hauls rear end down there giving us high-fives, like, 'Yeah, we can smoke now!'" Jackson recalled. "It was cool, the fact that he knows what's going on off the court with his players, which was great, man. We enjoyed it. That's why we were a great team."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18588687/ex-nba-player-stephen-jackson-says-somes-smoked-marijuana-games

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trying to imagine someone pitching roger goodell on allowing michael irvin to armwrestle ed houchuli at the pro bowl

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Doltos posted:

I think Chuck says a lot of things that he truly believes in and he's also not a politician nor does he wish to be. If that makes him an Uncle Tom then I really feel sorry for how black people view and interact with one another

I thought you were an expert in how black people view and interact with each other, since you've posted on these very forums about how having black friends makes it ok for you to say the n-word. It's cool that you're telling a black man how to feel about another black man's thoughts on race relations, since white men have always been such great friends to the black community.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

While you fuckin dopes are slinging ropes and swapping spit flames I was busy buying the worst pizza of my adult life. Floppy, no crispiness, just doughy trash. I'm very pissed off and I need someone to listen to me whine about it.

This describes 99% of the pizza in Boston massahusettes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

creamcorn posted:

I thought you were an expert in how black people view and interact with each other, since you've posted on these very forums about how having black friends makes it ok for you to say the n-word. It's cool that you're telling a black man how to feel about another black man's thoughts on race relations, since white men have always been such great friends to the black community.

It's cool, I was bored at work and Doltos provided entertainment for me to have fun arguing and laughing at how bad his opinions are..

Don't waste actual useful leisure time arguing with him.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
"irony alludes"

lol

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Paul Zuvella posted:

I have a theory that you could make Zach Lowe's head explode by combining the correct insults of statistical analysis, New York pizzerias, and praise of isolation plays @ him on twitter before he blocks you

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ignore the advanced stats, Allen Iverson was the greatest of all time. The best pizza in New York is papa johns.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

per synergy sports, the noid is 8% more avoidable in today's nba

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Paul Zuvella posted:

San Francisco too. It's amazing how excellent the food is out here in general, but the typical pizza is really disappointing.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Ignore the advanced stats, Allen Iverson was the greatest of all time. The best pizza in New York is papa johns.

Bill Russell. 34 Rings and the heart of a champion :colbert:

and pizza hut too

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

Jerry Sloan's famous gay elf defense was actually designed primarly around avoiding the noid, it being a much larger threat at the time

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
z-z-zogopost incoming

chunkles posted:

Thank you, together we can get through this difficult time in our nation's history

I wonder if Larry is working out for the Rockets or just in Houston for the Superbowl

https://twitter.com/l8show_thegoat/status/826239612242821120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Larry sucked so bad working out for the celtics that they wouldn't take him even though their leading rebounder is six foot two. Larry is cooked.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I live in Maine where the food is much better and it's just shocking.

Probably Magic posted:

I ate at a sportsbar with this floppy uncooked dough of pizza slathered in grease and plastic cheese that actually ended up giving me food poisoning for a few days, and I'll be honest, I haven't enjoyed pizza as much since, so I feel your pain.

i'm sorry.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I thought Boston was supposed to be the 3rd best pizza city in the country. Top 10 at least.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

R.D. Mangles posted:

That's good, because not avoiding the Noid can be exceptionally stressful.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I thought Boston was supposed to be the 3rd best pizza city in the country. Top 10 at least.

I'm sort of a pizza snob but I actually like Bertucci's. Probably because I only travel to Boston a couple times a year.

I can tell you Minneapolis/Saint Paul is not nor should it be anywhere near the top of best Pizza in the US.

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/826536833723068416

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
The most interesting thing about this Barkley thing is the whole "he's broke" thing. This is some widespread inside knowledge/rumour??

What was that championship game this year where Charles looked like his dog died after the game?

It's all making sense now, there's no way famously lazy fucker wanted extra projects like that race show without threats of leg breaking.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Yogisanity will continue beyond 10 days.
https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/826618546755137536

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

z-z-zogopost incoming

Larry sucked so bad working out for the celtics that they wouldn't take him even though their leading rebounder is six foot two. Larry is cooked.

I live in Maine where the food is much better and it's just shocking.

i'm sorry.
He hasn't played competitive basketball in 2.5 or 3 years, he just needs time to get back into basketball shape

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jerry Sloan's famous gay elf defense was actually designed primarly around avoiding the noid, it being a much larger threat at the time

Lol

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

He hasn't played competitive basketball in 2.5 or 3 years, he just needs time to get back into basketball shape

you gotta go away to come back

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i wish roberson could shoot the ball into the hoop

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The feelgood story we've all been waiting for.

Metapod posted:

i wish roberson could shoot the ball into the hoop

Hell I just wish he could dunk it into the hoop. The guy has a confidence issue, needs a Dion infusion STAT.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sanders apparently had game circa the summer of 2015 still but he would only play with a Drew League friend. He was strongly considering the Lakers due to Nick Young but wanted to see if they were a playoff team, and, well, Nick Young was in the deep doghouse.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Counterpoint: he doesn't love the game and it's all fake anyways. He's a troller.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I cant get over how bad Demarre Carroll is. He literally does everything wrong on every play. If he was just missing shots I'd get why Casey would play him but he gets blown by on every assignment, doesn't rotate, chases bad offensive boards and is consistently out of position. I'd say he's like a rookie out there but rookies are at least athletic.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Norman Powell did this tonight and pretty much single-handedly kept the Raptors alive in second half of the game against the Pelicans tonight

http://streamable.com/oxdcr

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Counterpoint: he doesn't love the game and it's all fake anyways. He's a troller.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Yogisanity finds a way to deliver on a non game day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0etEzjQ84

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gently caress Kevin Durant

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Holy poo poo, Gallo

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Presti get Joffrey and Payne tf off this team

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Away all Goats posted:

Norman Powell did this tonight and pretty much single-handedly kept the Raptors alive in second half of the game against the Pelicans tonight

http://streamable.com/oxdcr

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

teagone posted:

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/826538581007163395
Go to her profile to read more choice bits from the interview. Lmao.
I'm kind of not getting how what Barkley said about LeBron was all that bad. Charles can say some dumb stuff about basketball (i.e. three-pointers) but in this case he is mostly right: Cleveland is the defending champs and they started off the year white-hot, so its not like they really need 2-3 new players to become championship contenders again. The Cavs are just in a funk right now.

Charles sure did get under his skin though, so it's clear LeBron is real frustrated right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

A simple analysis of his instagram could lead an average child to the belief that he's narcissistic and doesn't really care about anything but looking cool but not like the other, because his earring is a golden skateboard. He's so corny. But when he was on, he was terrifyingly good.

That bucks buyout money won't last forever, but he keeps buying new sports cars. Something has to give.

Larry Sanders will make his return to pro basketball

• Locked thread