Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lotus circle posted:

The EPs mentioned that Thawne's reason for wanting the Spear of Destiny is that he's not a "whole" person, and what that exactly means will be explained in episode 10. I think what they'll go for is that the Eobard on LOT is a split version of the Eobard from Flash S1, and he needs the spear to come back to full power.

This justifies story-wise why he's so horribly nerfed that he doesn't just murder everyone in like five seconds flat.

Well he is the flashpoint off-shoot so changing reality with the spear seems to be his way out of his own untimely death at the hands of Eddie un-making him. Still doesn't explain how he's running all over time when the original reverse flash was completely incapable of that after the murder.

Not that I really care, this show, in contrast to the Flash, is allowed to be inconsistent in my book since it has accepted that it is dumb shlock. :v:

EDIT:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's simple. The Eobard we saw in the porch after he "fixed" things had already lived through this season. As soon as Barry freed him he ran back in time to find a way to save himself.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Huh... Yeah that does actually make sense.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It took a couple of loops for me to realise that was an updated version of the original SPEEDFORCE gif with Grant Gustin swapped in for John Wesley Shipp :allears:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe they'll use the Spear to fix all the dumb plot moves they've made. Laurel comes back, Eobard goes away, Barry's mom's death gets timelocked, so nobody can mess with it, Good(ish) Snart comes back, Stein's kid gets locked in, so she's not a time aberration anymore. Maybe Supergirl's earth gets smooshed in to Earth-1?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Laurel can stay dead, thanks.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Laurel can stay dead, thanks.

Yeah! Because she's a woman!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy poo poo Darhk and Merlyn are hilariously bad shots.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

BSam posted:

Yeah! Because she's a woman!

Exactly right, obviously.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Turns out that League of Assassins training covers only traditional melee weapons and archery. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm just going to assume that Malcolm couldn't bring himself to actually kill George Lucas, so he intentionally whiffed every shot. I got nothing for Darhk tho :shrug:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm just going to assume that Malcolm couldn't bring himself to actually kill George Lucas, so he intentionally whiffed every shot. I got nothing for Darhk tho :shrug:

"I always wanted to be a stormtrooper."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

adhuin posted:

Turns out that League of Assassins training covers only traditional melee weapons and archery. :v:

Although that does remind me of that bit from a couple of seasons ago on Arrow where they were in a firefight and Oliver just picks up a gun and smokes a bunch of bad guys. Everyone is surprised and he's all "I never said I didn't know how to use a gun."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

They were doing their best Stormtrooper impressions throughout the whole episode as a dare (first to hit someone loses). Alternatively, future guns are really lovely

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like to think that their hilariously evil mustache twiriling bad aim is WHY the Stormtroopers are terrible shots. Alternative Star Wars scenes starring George Lucas was my favorite part of the episode.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

cool kids inc. posted:

I like to think that their hilariously evil mustache twiriling bad aim is WHY the Stormtroopers are terrible shots. Alternative Star Wars scenes starring George Lucas was my favorite part of the episode.

Storm troopers aren't bad shots though. They planted a tracking device on the millennium falcon and had to let them escape alive to follow them to the base. Obiwon praises their accuracy at the start.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Hughlander posted:

Storm troopers aren't bad shots though. They planted a tracking device on the millennium falcon and had to let them escape alive to follow them to the base. Obiwon praises their accuracy at the start.

Have you seen the size of that sandcrawler?! Obi-Wan praising stormtroopers for hitting that was probably just sarcasm.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Hughlander posted:

It's like Han's 12 parsec line. Nerds like Han so there's no way that line was him blowing smoke up Obi-wan's rear end. So the EU contrived a way to make it not sound like a Han doesn't know what a parsec is.

The stormtroopers were told to let them escape.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

8one6 posted:

The stormtroopers were told to let them escape.

Except it's not fan fiction, it's what actually happens in the film. Tarkin says "I'm taking an awful risk, Vader. This had better work." The awful risk being letting them escape.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Xelkelvos posted:

They were doing their best Stormtrooper impressions throughout the whole episode as a dare (first to hit someone loses). Alternatively, future guns are really lovely

I'm so disappointed that there weren't any sword fighting with light effects. No way Glucas invented that by himself!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Yesss. Darhk getting his chance to do the intro. I hope this means we get Thawne doing one soon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh my god, Dahrk doing the intro voiceover :allears:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Aaahahaha. making GBS threads on down-on-his-luck Malcolm Merlyn after just strolling right the gently caress into his home.

And him just doooowning the rest of his drink.

This episode is already amazing and I don't see it getting any less amazing.

Edit: Yep, still getting more amazing. Thawne just straight up calling the Legends idiots and calling that an advantage over them. Aahahahaha.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 1, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"They're idiots" :laffo:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Darhk and Malcolm sniping at each other already. :allears:

"This is what I get for relying on a washout and a dead man." Oh my god they are all catty as hell and it is fantastic.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just left this show on after flash. First episode I've seen since the "kill not-Hitler as a child" episode in s1. This seems dummbbbbbbbbbbbb... but in a good way??

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Tree Dude posted:

I just left this show on after flash. First episode I've seen since the "kill not-Hitler as a child" episode in s1. This seems dummbbbbbbbbbbbb... but in a good way??

That's Legends. It's dumb but in a really, really fun way.

And oh my god the cattiness continues. I love this drat show so much.

edit: I'm not sure I'll be able to handle this episode if this level of cattiness continues. Just Thawne, Darhk, and Merlyn endlessly sniping at each other. :h:

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 1, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love this stupid show so much.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh my god both sides trying to figure out Thawne's plan at the same time and cutting back and forth between them.

And now they're fighting over what to make Rip do.

This loving show.

And Rory is still Rory. :allears: "I like beer. It gets me drunk." Then he just breaks the ice by flat out telling her that she shouldn't exist.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 1, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Goddamnit Mick

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god the cattiness is back. "See, this is where he reminds me that he was Ra's Al Ghul..."

And then they fight it out and realize they need to team up. This. loving. Show.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 1, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
THEY'RE SO STUPID

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Just when I thought they couldn't top last week...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

"Is that whiskey?" "No, of course it's not whiskey! It's brandy, I'm not a drat sailor!"

This episode is pretty much the best episode you could to show to someone not involved in this show if you wanted to convince them of how fun it can be.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress MAN, putting Lescher, Barrowman, AND McDonough on the same team, on the same show, is probably the greatest loving thing DC has ever done.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

DoctorWhat posted:

THEY'RE SO STUPID

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Where's that "speedforce, I ain't gotta explain poo poo" gif?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

AAaahahahahaa. "Where did they go?" "They, uh, told me not to tell you..." :zoomed: "Th-the bank!"

SgtSteel91 posted:

Where's that "speedforce, I ain't gotta explain poo poo" gif?

We definitely seem to need that now, judging by the theory on what's up with Thawne.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Amaya: That doesn't even begin to make any kind of sense.

Really sums up this show :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

FELD1 posted:

Amaya: That doesn't even begin to make any kind of sense.

Really sums up this show :allears:

Isn't it great? That should probably be the new thread title if anything.

• Locked thread