Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I would easily pay 30 for that Freiza there. Lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

Weird story. My wife is doing some fundraising for out kid's carnival thing next month and we were near Barnes and Noble and decided to pop in and ask if they have any donations they'd like to give.

Community Manager comes back with a huge box of books, phone cases and what I think were the older figures that were displayed in older plastic displays.

I was taken back to see brand new Mario toys and DBZ stuff but am curious if any of you would know much the hero statues, Star Wars statues and Sailor Moon stuff is worth. Pictures:

Super stoked to see all the cool stuff they had sitting around to give us.

Thanos appears to be the Marvel Select figure. Batman, Flash and Captain America are the ARTFX+ releases and are missing their bases.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

Yeah I would easily pay 30 for that Freiza there. Lucky.

That Frieza has stuck joints so I think it was the display model only. Unless you're talking about the power up one.

Thanks for the input so far!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

If you have kids who actually play with the toys don't ever buy playmobil. They look so cool and then they just fall to pieces and are completely horrible toys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

If you have kids who actually play with the toys don't ever buy playmobil. They look so cool and then they just fall to pieces and are completely horrible toys.

Maybe now but 30 years ago it was rugged as poo poo.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

Weird story. My wife is doing some fundraising for out kid's carnival thing next month and we were near Barnes and Noble and decided to pop in and ask if they have any donations they'd like to give.

Community Manager comes back with a huge box of books, phone cases and what I think were the older figures that were displayed in older plastic displays.

I was taken back to see brand new Mario toys and DBZ stuff but am curious if any of you would know much the hero statues, Star Wars statues and Sailor Moon stuff is worth. Pictures:

Super stoked to see all the cool stuff they had sitting around to give us.

I dunno, but if you wanna offload that Goku, I'll take it. Better the money go to your kids' carnival and not some rear end in a top hat on eBay.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I imagine the sailor moon stuff doesn't have any of its accessories?

I have no loving clue why Jupiter is out of production and hasn't been reissued like literally all the others. I'd totally buy a second one if I could.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Some new dolls

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

I dunno, but if you wanna offload that Goku, I'll take it. Better the money go to your kids' carnival and not some rear end in a top hat on eBay.

How much is he worth? I have no clue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I can't find that EE boxed set so I guess I sold it and just don't remember.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

This was not my experience growing up at all. Have they significantly gone down in quality since the mid nineties?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

How much is he worth? I have no clue.

Looks to be about $50-60 based on eBay and Amazon, which is surprising since his paintjob is considered the worst of all the Figuarts DBZ figures. Up to you what you wanna ask, don't wanna lowball but I wasn't really too keen on spending more than like $40ish.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dug out some boxes, here's two more waves of ML that I bought and don't need. Going by current Ebay and FB group prices

Abomination Wave - $125 shipped
Venom Space Knight Wave - $175 shipped

All MISB.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Cloks posted:

This was not my experience growing up at all. Have they significantly gone down in quality since the mid nineties?

I never had any growing up so I don't know. We got various playmobil sets as gifts and my daughter actually got this big swimming pool thing and everything broke and the pool never really pumped the water and the little dude couldn't really sit in the glider and when it hit the ground his hat always flew off and it was unbalanced without it and the hair was near impossible to put on the people and when you got it on it would pop off randomly and yeah it sucked. Maybe nice to look at but not rugged at all these days in my experience with actual children who are really not rough on toys at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I remember having some Playmobil Space toys in the 80s, and can confirm they were rugged and hard-wearing as anything. Man, I loved those things. There was a space station that was very USS Enterprise bridge-influenced.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My brother had the Playmobile flying saucer thing and it was badass.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

My friend was a huge Playmobil fiend as a kid. He had a bunch of the pirate ships and they were bad rear end. We had a ton of cool battles with those things.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

New NECA City Hunter is neat. Not great though. Legs still kinda floppy, but not as bad, and the wrist computer just snaps off immediately. So that's cool
But hey, he's got his Net Gun and that neat little wrist missile launcher!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Another package from ultraviolence to my doorstep in two days, safe as can be. Thanks again!

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Zebulon posted:

Another package from ultraviolence to my doorstep in two days, safe as can be. Thanks again!

Awesome! That was mad quick! I have everyone's stuff sent out, minus one large pack that's going tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who bought stuff. It's much appreciated.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

ultraviolence123 posted:

Awesome! That was mad quick! I have everyone's stuff sent out, minus one large pack that's going tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who bought stuff. It's much appreciated.

Yeah, Vader came just as quickly before. Pleasure doing business with you again.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Just got my Iron Man in from Mr. Ultraviolence123 and it was packaged very well and got here quick. He's a good'un.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

I never had any growing up so I don't know. We got various playmobil sets as gifts and my daughter actually got this big swimming pool thing and everything broke and the pool never really pumped the water and the little dude couldn't really sit in the glider and when it hit the ground his hat always flew off and it was unbalanced without it and the hair was near impossible to put on the people and when you got it on it would pop off randomly and yeah it sucked. Maybe nice to look at but not rugged at all these days in my experience with actual children who are really not rough on toys at all.

That does remind me that the hats and accessories never quite fit together with the figures correctly.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Cactus Jack posted:

Just got my Iron Man in from Mr. Ultraviolence123 and it was packaged very well and got here quick. He's a good'un.

Awesome! Glad these arrived so quick.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Edit: Nevermind

ultraviolence123 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 2, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They've only gone and bloody done it. a 1/12th scale poseable horse

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Figma released a few of those, I think.

I guess they're slightly smaller than 1/12 though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I would love a 1/6th scale skeleton horse though.

Absolutely no idea if they make those, or where to even find them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I would love a 1/6th scale skeleton horse though.

Absolutely no idea if they make those, or where to even find them.

the only ungulate Pose Skeleton has made so far is a moose

it's a little smaller than 1/12th too

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, I need a 1/6 scale one. I have a 1/6 scale Death figure that I'd like to have riding it.

Maybe a throne made out of bones? The only thing I've seen close to that is that big predator throne though...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nah, I need a 1/6 scale one. I have a 1/6 scale Death figure that I'd like to have riding it.

Maybe a throne made out of bones? The only thing I've seen close to that is that big predator throne though...

Is your heart set on a horse? Pose Skeleton does make a tyrannosaurus...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is the 30-40 year old Playmobil collector a market?
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/01/playmobil-hits-us-feels-new-ghostbusters-line/
https://twitter.com/playmobil/status/826762368160034816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

p nice predator.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Adults who buy franchises they like for their kids.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

for their kids.

Doubtful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well that's what they tell the clerk at Toys R Us.

You know what? Better include a gift receipt too, in case someone else gets him one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is your heart set on a horse? Pose Skeleton does make a tyrannosaurus...

God drat, a 1/6th scale T Rex would be amazing with a 1/6th scale Harry Dresden riding it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jumping on the ultraviolence123 is an amazing seller bandwagon. Thanks for the SW figures sir!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

God drat, a 1/6th scale T Rex would be amazing with a 1/6th scale Harry Dresden riding it.

Companies really need to get started on making feathered T-Rex toys, so we can destroy all the existing, historically inaccurate unfeathered t-rex toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Companies really need to get started on making feathered T-Rex toys, so we can destroy all the existing, historically inaccurate unfeathered t-rex toys.

Well, there's that kickstarter making feathered raptors at the moment. Maybe they'll move up and give it a try?