Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lurdiak posted:

Sorry I genuinely thought you might be one of those people who thinks Pink Floyd is a neo nazi band.

I refuse to believe that these people exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Budgie Jumping posted:

I refuse to believe that these people exist.

Work retail for a few years and you'll meet a lot of dummies.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched Belly on Netflix today. Let me just say, Belly owns.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hat Thoughts posted:

i 100% believe that this is actually you because i found the article and
:rip: Jenny :smith:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lurdiak posted:

Work retail for a few years and you'll meet a lot of dummies.

Once I catch on that someone's a dummy I tend not to bring up pink floyd or fascism around them.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

My favorite music journalist opened a tape shop in Oakland and is now so bitter about the state of journalism and music criticism that hes just focusing on that full time :( , which is cool for him i guess

Instagram was recommending me a tape shop the other day, wonder if it was that one.
Record stores here try to sell tapes for stupid expensive, because Oregon.
Sometimes cool bands have cheap tapes at their shows.
I also feel like Cheap Tapes used to be a band... or maybe Homestar Runner?

I started playing Metal Gear Sold 4, I put an octopus to sleep and got her face, so it's alright so far.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The idea of people misinterpreting The Wall is pretty funny to me because it might be the least subtle thing in any medium ever created

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Buttercup and Wesley were both commoners in Princess Bride so kind of bullshit she bossed him around

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Skwirl posted:

How did Pushing Tin get made? It's not terrible or anything like that, but what studio head said "let's make a movie with John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton as feuding air traffic controllers"?

Honestly the premise is the third weirdest thing about Pushing Tin, behind having Cate Blanchett do a Long Island accent and the weird CGI shots of the planes passing over Cusack/Thornton and them getting launched backwards like ragdolls.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I have half of The Wall on cassette.
The tape is from Turkey, it owns.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Budgie Jumping posted:

Once I catch on that someone's a dummy I tend not to bring up pink floyd or fascism around them.

Do you think I initiated those conversations? Sometimes people just came in and started yammering.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The idea of people misinterpreting The Wall is pretty funny to me because it might be the least subtle thing in any medium ever created

I know right?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I have a friend who is somehow always awake, smoking weed and making grime mixes on tapes.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Lobok posted:

Honestly even the greatest poutine is still just poutine. It's a dish based on fries. When I was in Montreal I was way more impressed by the city's love of Portuguese chicken places. So delicious.

I wonder if poutine but with tater tots instead of fries would work.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lurdiak posted:

Do you think I initiated those conversations? Sometimes people just came in and started yammering.

That sounds terrible but I still can't believe you thought I was that level of moron.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Budgie Jumping posted:

That sounds terrible but I still can't believe you thought I was that level of moron.

Think of it as a reflex.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

drat straight

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Spatula City posted:

I wonder if poutine but with tater tots instead of fries would work.
I think the gravy would make the tots fall apart easier, so they'd be harder to eat with a fork.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm also gonna reiterate that tapes are loving dope, probably better than records, and I'm only half saying that because I'm sinking time and money into making them.

my dude

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Getting a Shaun & Jen and a new Hbomberguy video in the same week is boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_vIqMiHK0

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
This DS9 episode where Jake dates his mirror mom is a trip.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

...and unsubscribed from JonTron.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Belly starts off amazing but the ending is pretty forgettable. From what I heard, Hype Williams was one of Kubrick's favorite cinematographers, and looking at Belly, I can see why.

And oh my Lordy there is no one finer than Taral Hicks in this

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

...and unsubscribed from JonTron.

The breitbart interview and subsequent meltdown wasn't it for you?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
My new vinyl player btw.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

The breitbart interview and subsequent meltdown wasn't it for you?

I didn't read the interview, but I thought that maybe he was just being naive. Never heard about the meltdown.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Why would I want a new turntable?

I mean it depends entirely on what you're buying. Not all turntables are the same. Some of them won't allow for specific upgrades and some people just like having nicer poo poo. It's more a matter of personal preference than anything.

Skwirl posted:

I own two records and zero record plyers.

You're garbage and I spit on you.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm also gonna reiterate that tapes are loving dope, probably better than records, and I'm only half saying that because I'm sinking time and money into making them.

Tapes are fantastic if you like music to sound like it's underwater.

Jenny Angel posted:

[tearfully] Here's me...

Is this for real? Please tell me this is for real.

Lurdiak posted:

None of the songs on that album are fascist, but most of them are about fascism, including that one.

I have some Pink Floyd shirts I never want to wear again since I found out what Hammerskins are.

wyoming posted:

Instagram was recommending me a tape shop the other day, wonder if it was that one.
Record stores here try to sell tapes for stupid expensive, because Oregon.
Sometimes cool bands have cheap tapes at their shows.
I also feel like Cheap Tapes used to be a band... or maybe Homestar Runner?

I started playing Metal Gear Sold 4, I put an octopus to sleep and got her face, so it's alright so far.

Bandcamp pages seem the best way to get cheap tapes or just labels in general. Joyful Noise is one to look into if you're into tapes.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean, look how many people think that American History X is pro-racism.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I didn't read the interview, but I thought that maybe he was just being naive. Never heard about the meltdown.

When people told him interviewing with a neo-nazi website was bad, he started crying on twitter about how "I can't do anything without offending people" and "I guess I'm a NAZI now for giving an interview, that makes me the worst person in the world"

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Looks like Sargon was booted off Twitter too. Good. Go after Thunderf00t next. Why the gently caress are so many of these non political Youtube celebrities turn out to be poo poo (Hehe), besides obviously being white.

and Lurdiak please don't feel bad, none of us are woman. Plus, we have a better version of Shogun in these parts D:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Death By The Blues posted:

Looks like Sargon was booted off Twitter too. Good. Go after Thunderf00t next. Why the gently caress are so many of these non political Youtube celebrities turn out to be poo poo (Hehe), besides obviously being white.

and Lurdiak please don't feel bad, none of us are woman. Plus, we have a better version of Shogun in these parts D:

Why haven't they punched Richard Spencer off twitter yet?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Death By The Blues posted:

I think the only self-aware youtube personalities are Bo Burnham and the HowtoBasic guy.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

I think the only self-aware youtube personalities are Bo Burnham and the HowtoBasic guy.

Neil Cicierega.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Oh poo poo, Hbomberguy might be on Chapo.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

oh poo poo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

Oh poo poo, Hbomberguy might be on Chapo.

It's a Christmas fuckin miracle.

E: I can't wait for the Felix/Golden One screaming match where they argue about whether Skyrim or MGS2 is the political prophecy of our times.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 1, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's Chapo.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Dammn Hbomberguy u got it figured out i gotta keep up with this forums-as-stepping-stone tech.
hmu all put me on your media projects I can talk authoritatively about anything for at least 5 seconds (read a lot of wikipedia summaries) & have mastered usage of photoshop cs3's healing brush to make it kind of look like places are empty when theyre not (dont look too closely though please)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
burger

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
pizza

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
eggs