Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

seiferguy posted:

Happy Tuesday :toot:

Like Applebees isnt death

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

First Dees since Trump took office.

33 is some free mason numerology in case you were wondering.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

You know, I've been thinking for a while that the one driving force behind Trump's rise to power wasn't even bigotry per se, but just pure unadulterated spite. Don't get me wrong, racism and hatred played a pretty huge part in it, but Trump's support base came to be such a rainbow coalition of overlapping and often contradictory brands of hatred (See: Kirschen / KKKlurf) that it just doesn't seem like it could stand on a leg based on racism alone without tearing itself to pieces on day one. On the other hand, the one promise that Trump can deliver on is "liberal tears". Even the dumbest loving spectator can see that Trump's erratic and vague statements mean he really doesn't stand anywhere on pretty much any issue, but the one constant is that, whatever he does, it makes liberals mad. There's plenty of cartoonists on this thread who, to this day, have barely had a single good thing to say about Trump, but they still fall into line churning out pro-Trump propaganda. The message? "see how mad these libs are". And that's it, that's the Trump platform.
The internet is not the general population and, while they have been louder and more scary, they are still a minority. Voters soundly rejected Trump, but a few key states had people who bought Trump's lies that he was going to bring jobs back and make them safe.

I don't want to get into the whole question of "Why She Lost," but rather that "Why He Won" isn't because of some rise in anti-liberal trolls.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

CampingCarl posted:

JohnJohn's Bizarre Adventure

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Despera posted:

Like Applebees isnt death

Applebee's is a wholesome, trustworthy restaurant for honest Americans, unlike you Brainless Millennials.

CampingCarl posted:

So Trump is smashing the Illuminati I guess, but he's also wearing an Israeli flag pin, which is probably meant to be a bad thing to signify he's part of the Jewish conspiracy. Okay, I don't get the intended message of this one.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Twelve by Pies posted:

So Trump is smashing the Illuminati I guess, but he's also wearing an Israeli flag pin, which is probably meant to be a bad thing to signify he's part of the Jewish conspiracy. Okay, I don't get the intended message of this one.

He's also writing his cancellation of TPP in a masonic notebook; and the cartoonish nuke button is labelled "tweet".

One shouldn't expect coherence from DDees.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I think he's for some of the things Trump is doing but is against Trump's Masonic Jew reasons for doing them. It's Dees though so we might as well consider it abstract art, since the alternative is Jews All The Way Down.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The thing with Dees though is, as insane as he is, you could get some sense of what he's babbling about in his comics. They were absurd conspiracies, but I could at least say "Oh, this is about Holocaust denial."

These Trump ones....I don't have any idea at all.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

trump is so baffling the paranoid schizophrenic has to stop and go 'wait maybe i shouldn't rush to judgement one way or the other'

in a way that's kind of impressive

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Sally Yates is apparently a bald man??

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Telegnostic posted:

Sally Yates is apparently a bald man??

He's holding a picture of her spine.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
Ah, you're right. I thought he was standing behind an X-ray machine.

Criticism retracted.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cpt.Americant posted:

Saw this show up and liked the art

Owns
What the gently caress.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

trump is so baffling the paranoid schizophrenic has to stop and go 'wait maybe i shouldn't rush to judgement one way or the other'

in a way that's kind of impressive

Wait until he finds out about our actual, honest-to-god shadow president.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

:nws: Oglaf did it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

What the gently caress.

Just noticed the phone in the glass of water by the bed.

May be the cleverest use of imagery I've seen in a cartoon in a long, long time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

seiferguy posted:

Happy Tuesday :toot:

Its me I'm the dad who likes to go to Applebees or Red Robins or Max and Ermas or Eat N Park or Fridays

Look its really hard to gently caress up a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and extra BBQ sauce on the side :negative:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 1, 2017

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Look its really hard to gently caress a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and extra BBQ sauce on the side :negative:

We'll just trust you on that.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

Its me I'm the dad who likes to go to Applebees or Red Robins or Max and Ermas or Eat N Park or Fridays

Look its really hard to gently caress a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and extra BBQ sauce on the side :negative:

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Yes, I have certainly been owned for voting against Trump based on what he promised he would do, now that he is actually doing what he promised he would do.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

My feelings exactly

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Moddington posted:

We'll just trust you on that.
Wait what oh goddamn it :downs:

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

This somehow makes less sense than that Dees that was just posted. Like.. he was watching for the last year and a bit right? How the left has been warning about him this whole time loudly? Like this is still his job to pay attention to things like that right?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Cpt.Americant posted:

This somehow makes less sense than that Dees that was just posted. Like.. he was watching for the last year and a bit right? How the left has been warning about him this whole time loudly? Like this is still his job to pay attention to things like that right?

gently caress no, it isn't.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Last week: The Left are violent crybabies who are protesting just because their side didn't win! :rant:

This week: If the lazy Left had a problem with Trump's policies, they should have expressed their feelings somehow. :smug:

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

"The Right" posted:

Give him a chance, he's not even the nominee.

"The Right" posted:

Give him a chance, he's not even the president elect.

"The Right" posted:

Give him a chance, he's not even the sitting president.

"The Right" posted:

Well, maybe you should have said something earlier hmmm?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

achillesforever6 posted:

Look its really hard to gently caress up a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and extra BBQ sauce on the side :negative:

Yeah, I used to go to Chili's once in a while during college. It's hard to justify a $14 food truck combo that might not even be worth it in the first place.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Hmmmm yes hmmm... I wonder how those two things could be different... hmmmm... HHMMMMMMMMM....

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The most openly anti-Trump the comic's been in a while.

Also, rather late; there's a delay for these comics as well, right? It'll be a while before Prickly City is hit by the real horrors of the Trump presidency.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

KillerJunglist posted:

Hmmmm yes hmmm... I wonder how those two things could be different... hmmmm... HHMMMMMMMMM....
I was gonna say "they chose to be Trumps you complete shithead" but I guess the children kinda didn't.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 1, 2017

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was gonna say "they chose to be Trumps you complete shithead" but I guess the children kinda didn't.

Then the designers should go ahead and make beautiful dresses for Banon, he's never slaughtered endangered animals.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just love how loving everyone is making their Bannon caricature a ghoul.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Samurai Sanders posted:

Individuals vs groups?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Stealthiest of edits: ^^^^^^ Yea, that!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was thinking the first one is because the Trumps are one family (like, five or six people total, right?) that are known assholes. The other is an entire group of people with all kinds of personalities and judging them as "all the same" is terrible.

But hey, this makes sense as Drunky Duck probably thinks people hate him JUST because he's a conservative and not because he is also a stupid idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It's been two weeks since the Trump press conference with him getting into a fight with Buzzfeed, so I'm not sure if it's coincidence or if it's been enough time for Stantis to back Trump on this and then whine about him the next day.

• Locked thread