Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Have they ever tried buffing him but make teammate heartbeats show up as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Thief posted:

Have they ever tried buffing him but make teammate heartbeats show up as well?

Having played IQ the fact that drones show up is annoying to no loving end, coupled with the trash white on blue contrast for finding gadgets. Plus, Pulse is gonna know who is nearby just by outlines.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
There's a free weekend this weekend, call your friends!

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

What is itttttttttttttttttttttttttt

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

What is itttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I hope it's a big pop up cage trap. Like you step on it like a Frost trap but instead of downing you it just makes it so you can't walk out of like a 3x3 area, can still shoot and everything.

SMP
May 5, 2009

I hope its a trampoline that launches anyone who steps on it.

tjones
May 13, 2005
That looks like a mobile re-enforced wall to me.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Reinforced wall that goes on a doorway? I hope not, there is at least one place (bar in Kafe) that only has one entrance.

I like that idea though, depends on the implementation, if it's even that.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh poo poo the vector

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So she hangs something like a picture frame..

Maybe a screen that defenders can look at to see cams without being on drone?

Can't wait

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

You're being kind of hard on yourselves, throwing the new operators into the toilet before they're even released.

:v:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Reinforced wall that goes on a doorway? I hope not, there is at least one place (bar in Kafe) that only has one entrance.

I like that idea though, depends on the implementation, if it's even that.

I feel like they should have changed Castle's gimmick to this to make him better, so I hope that's not it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I saw a picture of a one way mirror type thing, might've been on a reinforcement. Could be interesting; useful for telling roamers exactly where someone is, while the other guy does the same for roamers.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hard seriously where the gently caress are my elite skins? You guys really dropped the ball on this.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I'd like more of these or at least more uniforms for the people that don't have any.

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
I heard someone say that thing she is carrying is like a window you can put on reinforced walls. Dunno sounds pretty weird.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

live free or dont posted:

I heard someone say that thing she is carrying is like a window you can put on reinforced walls. Dunno sounds pretty weird.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I saw a picture of a one way mirror type thing, might've been on a reinforcement. Could be interesting; useful for telling roamers exactly where someone is, while the other guy does the same for roamers.

Dang, seems kinda strong. Imagine popping that on the garage doors in Chalet. Or the connector walls on Oregon, or any outer wall on Coastguard.
Or hell, even the garage on clubhouse when you pick the bedrooms. One way would be a slaughter.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

That sounds rad. Depending on how destructible it is it would make Glaz or Hibana forced picks though. Destroying it would be top priority I wager.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5rczh7/mira_ability_leaked_actual_video/

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It's a defender version of thermite/hibana then?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
required pick when you play kids bedroom on casual

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

lohli posted:

It's a defender version of thermite/hibana then?

The hole is covered with a bulletproof window, in the new trailer you can see scratches on the glass, and the word Expulsar written on the glass.

EDIT: This trailer that came out a few minutes ago https://twitter.com/UbisoftUK/status/826837545560350720

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Oh cool it's Mira. I guess she majored in Bulletproof Glass Engineering.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Most important question: can you fuze the window

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Basticle posted:

That better be an OHHH HELL YEAH! or I'll be sad.

Also where is my elite skin for fuze!?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Basticle posted:

Imagine a window you can just watch your Fuze charges wreak havoc from

Amazing

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Can the glass only be breached by things that can crack reinforced walls, or can you just slap a normal breaching charge on and shatter it? If Thermite/Hibana crack one side of the glass, does it break the whole window?

Will these questions not matter because I'm still just going to slam dunk pick Rook every defense round anyway?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Are we going to see any operator revamps like we have seen in pretty much every other season?

I'm almost always as excited for the tweaks and adjustments as I am for the whole new operators usually

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Can attackers see trough the glass from their side?

I am excited for another year of clientside smokes.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

The Duggler posted:

Are we going to see any operator revamps like we have seen in pretty much every other season?

I'm almost always as excited for the tweaks and adjustments as I am for the whole new operators usually

I think that's the idea of "mid season reinforcements" that they've placed in every season's timeline but who knows

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

keyframe posted:

Hard seriously where the gently caress are my elite skins? You guys really dropped the ball on this.

As keyframe and myself have spent enough money on Siege skins to fund Year 2 I believe that makes us Honorary Executive Producers for Siege.

And as our first act we are demanding you put more Elite Skins in the game.

Then fix your game Hard.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Duggler posted:

Maybe they'll get Blackbeard right this time.

Yeah I'm always really excited for marginal characters getting buffed. It can have a bigger effect than just new people.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Basticle posted:

Well given the steam announcement here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/359550/announcements/detail/483410926969983700

Operator Mira (me and my friends are already calling her "Fiesta" because we can't remember her actual name), has some beef with a certain other operator:

quote:

There are particular tension between her and some Rainbow Six Operators. One of them is Eliza Cohen who she met during Operation Blue Orion, which did not yield the anticipated results. Cohen and Álvarez have been brutal rivals on record ever since.

Eliza Cohen is actually, Ash. So you can probably regular breach the window. Meaning you can Fuze it. Or break through it with Glaz.

I wonder what the ITA12L is supposed to be, a shotgun possibly?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we know which of these is the attacker an defender? They look cool

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Kikas posted:

Eliza Cohen is actually, Ash. So you can probably regular breach the window. Meaning you can Fuze it. Or break through it with Glaz.

Hopefully it'll take two ash charges to open up, and Fuze and glaz can't break/penetrate it.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Maybe they'll get Blackbeard right this time.

IMO There's no right for Blackbeard while his ability is to at some level negate upper body shots. Anything over useless will immediately move into "too strong". I think they made a big mistake putting him into the game, realised it, but don't know how to un-make him in a way that won't piss everyone off.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

AbortRetryFail posted:

IMO There's no right for Blackbeard while his ability is to at some level negate upper body shots. Anything over useless will immediately move into "too strong". I think they made a big mistake putting him into the game, realised it, but don't know how to un-make him in a way that won't piss everyone off.

Remake him entirely

Give him a pirate accent and a quick draw pistol and he's perfect

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

AbortRetryFail posted:

Yeah I kind of agree, he just kind of throws the basic damage mechanics out the window and it's really just not a good idea.

He'd probably be acceptable if they un-nerfed his guns and left his shield the way it is though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

That shield does not cover any part of his torso I'm pretty sure. It can get weird with angles though. It really only does anything when damage fall off comes into play, or against shotguns.

my kinda ape posted:

He'd probably be acceptable if they un-nerfed his guns and left his shield the way it is though.

Yeah I think that's all they need to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Do we know which of these is the attacker an defender? They look cool

Seeing as Window lady has an SMG she's probably the defender.

• Locked thread