Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

Did anyone ever do that revised adjusted word count?

I know it was already longer than the bible, and that count was ages ago, like barely halfway through (not that we knew that at the time).

As far as I recall, it's somewhat less than two bibles; had to look it up for some joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ThaumPenguin posted:

As far as I recall, it's somewhat less than two bibles; had to look it up for some joke.
Approximately 3 testaments long, then.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I stopped reading it when it became huge walls of chatlogs

So, like, page 6?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

The Glumslinger posted:

I stopped reading it when it ceased to be huge walls of chatlogs

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

I was briefly entertained with Erfworld, but when the artist stopped being able to art, they switched to walls of awful prose.

Rando nerd trapped in stupid gameworld with completely arbitrary and silly physics only worked with goofy art alongside the awful prose..

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I stuck with Erfworld through the absolutely atrocious artist for the first half of Book 3, but I finally ended up giving up on it for real when we got a good year of fairly-regular updates where absolutely nothing of note happened. The lovely fanfiction they link on the front page was actually more entertaining a lot of the time, because at least things happened.

A pro-tip for any would-be webcomic writers out there. Worldbuilding wordvomit is only barely acceptable in the first arc. Still having those ten real-life years later? Yeah, gently caress that.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

oh god she hosed up

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
In which we are left hanging.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
At least its a really gorgeous page.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's actually in better condition than I thought he might be; I was half-expecting, half-hoping for a shriveled old man.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Honestly I'm surprised he has a physical body at all.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Flame' sounds like a way less awesome name to bear than 'Glory' imo.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Honestly I'm surprised he has a physical body at all.

This. Much less one that looks like his dream-self.

Also, I like to imagine that he's absent-mindedly humming the Sailor Moon theme in the last panel.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Pureauthor posted:

If Glory maps to Gluttony, I guess I can see Flame mapping to Lust, or maybe Ambition.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
The commentary at the bottom was a lyric from Meshuggah's "I Am Colossus." I looked up the rest of the lyrics out of curiosity. Seems appropriate and/or foreboding.

I'm the great Leviathan, insatiable colossus
Titanic engulfer of lives, I reward you, absorb you
I'm the monstrous mouth that hungers for your awe
Immense construction of lies. I own you, disown you

I am life. I'm death. You empower me

I'm a mammoth king evoked, conjured by your dreams
Summoned by your fears. You need me, you feed me
I'm the imposing giant. Infallible dictator
My rules apply to all. You'll heed me, bleed for me

I am life. I'm death. I decide your fate
You empower me. You'd even kill for me

Guzzling down your dreams - the tears of unheard pleas I drink,
Imbibe with such delight the fear that floods your temporal shell
Raging red rivers and streams - the kingdom of my shadow
Where dread of man in endless night revives my every cell

To those who doubt - your wounds will never heal
To those who question my creation - I'm not real

I am pain. I am grief. I'm the things you fear
I'm the lie whispered into your ear
I'm the great Leviathan. I'm dominance and greed
You imagined me, so I was conceived

I am life. I'm death. You belong to me
Call me what I am. I am colossus

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nice to actually meet you, Incubus

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If I looked like flesh-and-blood Incubus I don't think I'd bother looking like anything else in dreams.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Are those scars covering his body, or just giant blood vessels?

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.

Pureauthor posted:

All life is fundamentally fire. Then there's the flame of passion. The flame of desire. The terrible burning flame of will.

Glory is but a goal. Flame is what drives one to attain that goal

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Not sure why it never occurred to me that Incubus's body isn't the same as his projection to Allison.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's some dark souls chic there

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Mecheon posted:

All life is fundamentally fire. Then there's the flame of passion. The flame of desire. The terrible burning flame of will.

Glory is but a goal. Flame is what drives one to attain that goal

Flame also ruins what it touches, sooo...

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Reene posted:

Flame also ruins what it touches, sooo...

Maybe the coal and tinder see it that way, but the blade knows that the flame gives it shape and strength.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PMush Perfect posted:

A pro-tip for any would-be webcomic writers out there. Worldbuilding wordvomit is only barely acceptable in the first arc. Still having those ten real-life years later? Yeah, gently caress that.
I think the funniest thing is it's JUST wordvomit, it really never came off that he had much of a plan or actual game in mind out of book 1.

White Coke posted:

Are those scars covering his body, or just giant blood vessels?
I'm seeing scars, but after playing a hundred hours of witcher 3 and reading Incubus is a swordsman, I'm just imagining he's Geralt as gently caress.

He's probably a refer to something else though.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So this page is very Event Horizon-ish.

Also goddamn, are all the demiurges going to turn out to be hideously twisted beings when it comes to their real looks?

The twist will be is that Gog-agog is secretly beautiful.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Archonex posted:

Also goddamn, are all the demiurges going to turn out to be hideously twisted beings when it comes to their real looks?

Yes.

Except Solomon David, of course :smug:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Archonex posted:

I really hope that Solomon David is legitimately just a buff dude with a huge beard

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Archonex posted:

We already know that Jagganoth is just a really big, burly human under that helmet of his. So, not exactly beautiful, but not the straight-up hideous monster he presents himself as.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'm looking forward to when Sword King meets sword Auntie

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

this does not look super great

damnit allison

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The rough art for the first Concordance of the Demiurges page showed Jadis with a skull instead of a face, so while everyone probably expected her to look bad under there, the reality's probably even worse.

Which reminds me of something I found odd a while back: All the female demiurges are, for lack of a better way to put it, ugly. Mottom's a shriveled crone, Jadis is basically a corpse, and Gog-Agog (assuming you assign a binary gender to a writhing mass of worms) is, well, a pile of worms. Meanwhile Solomon David's still a sculpted god, Incubus is doing pretty well for himself too, and Jagganoth, while not likely to win any beauty contests, isn't looking that bad either, mostly just scarred up. The "worst" is Mammon, and he's a dragon, so different standards apply there.

Anyway, I'm actually a bit surprised at Incubus's apparent setup. Given his associations with lust and such, I'd have expected him to be directly involved in things, but between this and the scraps of fiction we've been getting it's implied that he stays in his hole and fucks with people through magic instead. Though I guess this was hinted at before, what with him not showing up at that meeting. Now we know why.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk if i'd say mottom's true form is "shriveled crone". she was introduced as a woman in her prime in the sweet splash panel introducing her as GLORY, and without the fruit i'm thinking her "true form" is dust

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

gog-agog is beautiful and handsome

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
How long has that guy been bleeding

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Does Incubus stay young forever by bathing in the blood of innocent virgins.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm going to guess that incubus's scars are related to his longevity

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This would be the second of them that accomplishes immortality by hanging a bleeding corpse up to drain out.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

MikeJF posted:

Does Incubus stay young forever by bathing in the blood of innocent virgins.

He goes around and promises shut-in nerds all the girls they can handle. They eagerly accept, Incubus arranges the dates, but they're left hanging.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

JT Jag posted:

I really hope that Solomon David is legitimately just a buff dude with a huge beard

The twist will be that Solomon David is just a huge beard with a buff dude

Anyway, nice to see the comic gain a level in :darksouls:ness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

GunnerJ posted:

This would be the second of them that accomplishes immortality by hanging a bleeding corpse up to drain out.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it