Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

BlindSite posted:

All of you should be watching F is for Family because Bill Burr is a loving genius and probably the funniest man alive.

I love Bill. His new stand up special is on Netflix "Walk Your Way Out"...it's pretty good 😊

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Keith Atherton posted:

Clerks 1 is still funny (well, Jay and Randall are still funny in Clerks 1)
Today I wondered if the Clerks tv show still holds up. I hope so, young me loved that show.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I love Bill. His new stand up special is on Netflix "Walk Your Way Out"...it's pretty good 😊

Watching it right now. It's scary how much of this I've earnestly said irl.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember Mission Hill

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seasons 1-3 of the Simpsons were really bad. 4 was when it got good and 5-10 were the golden years of TV.

Also last week I saw Louis CK's latest stand up in Portland (Seattle was sold out) and I laughed so hard I lost my breath several times.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Today I wondered if the Clerks tv show still holds up. I hope so, young me loved that show.

I never watched the series

The new Beavis and Butthead episodes are supposed to be really good but MTVs site requires you to enter your cable provider info to watch them so :lol: nope

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alaois posted:

remember Mission Hill

That's one of the best animated shows around

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Alaois posted:

remember Mission Hill

It was too Kafka-esque for me.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

swickles posted:

It was too Kafka-esque for me.

No meat touching

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ed edd and eddy

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Seasons 1-3 of the Simpsons were really bad.
2 and 3 were great.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Home movies is my favorite h Jon Benjamin animated show

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I frequent NMD (don't post too much) but what thread is referenced in the title? It feels like most of the threads in there are pretty...judgemental to say the least.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

Seasons 1-3 of the Simpsons were really bad. 4 was when it got good and 5-10 were the golden years of TV.

Also last week I saw Louis CK's latest stand up in Portland (Seattle was sold out) and I laughed so hard I lost my breath several times.

season 3 has Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, Flaming Moes, Homer at the Bat, When Flanders Failed, and the goddamned monkey paw Treehouse of Horror

so the gently caress you say season 3 is bad

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Keith Atherton posted:

Clerks 1 is still funny (well, Jay and Randall are still funny in Clerks 1)

I loved Kevin Smith movies when I was in high school, but now when I watch them, I can't stand the dialogue. But yeah, those two are still funny in Clerks.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Trump is supposed to go to his Mar a Lago resort this weekend and there is a protest/march scheduled. Since its in my back yard, I think I will go, but I want a clever sign, maybe football related. Any suggestions? Was thinking of an Alex Smith tiny hands reference, but that seems lazy.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

swickles posted:

Trump is supposed to go to his Mar a Lago resort this weekend and there is a protest/march scheduled. Since its in my back yard, I think I will go, but I want a clever sign, maybe football related. Any suggestions? Was thinking of an Alex Smith tiny hands reference, but that seems lazy.

Just print out goatse and label the hand as putin's, the ring as kraft's, and the rear end in a top hat as trump's

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Late 90s Brimstone on Fox is the best single season canceled TV show

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Spoeank posted:

season 3 has Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, Flaming Moes, Homer at the Bat, When Flanders Failed, and the goddamned monkey paw Treehouse of Horror

Homer at the Bat is a top 10 simpsons of all time and makes season 3 good simply by it's presence

But it still has all those other episodes as well

To say S3 of the Simpsons is bad is the closest thing we have to an objectively wrong opinion in this thread

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

"Make america great again", then fight people who assault you while chanting "he will not divide us".

Oh I forgot to mention Jon Benjamin was good in master of none which was a pretty loving great show.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BlindSite posted:

All of you should be watching F is for Family because Bill Burr is a loving genius and probably the funniest man alive.

He's incredible. The bits he has about his dog and about Arnold Schwarzenegger on Sorry You Feel That Way kill me every time. Actually that whole special is brilliant.

I haven't seen F is for Family but I love Burr so I'll have to check it out.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BlindSite posted:

The 2 seasons of marco polo were p cool. Shame they cancelled that.

poo poo, they did? I liked that, it was basically Mongolian GoT.

Don't know if anybody else has seen it yet, but Netflix has a show called Pacific Heat that is a very, very blatant Archer rip off albeit devoid of any peronality or humor and with cheap, lovely animation. I couldn't even get through the first episode.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

swickles posted:

Tom Brady is a cheater and so is Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is as evil as Joe Flacco is elite.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

swickles posted:

Something something UFL

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

PrinceRandom posted:

Home movies is my favorite h Jon Benjamin animated show

My man.

Every Jon Benjamin character is forever Coach McGirk to me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'll never hear John Benjamin or Eugene Mirman without thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYOydkkymNQ

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

My man.

Every Jon Benjamin character is forever Coach McGirk to me.

Haha, yeah. Home Movies is another solid cartoon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

I guess in my mind I thought some of those were season 4. Okay, I was wrong about season 3. I still maintain season 1 was pretty bad, and season 2, while had a couple okay episodes (The Way We Was and Lisa's Substitute) was still mediocre.

Season 5 is still the best, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife had a fairly serious surgery and when she was coming out of her fog from being put under, she thought the nurse was H. Jon Benjamin, and that she was on a prank show.

She accused the nurse of being a fake nurse and wanted to be taken back to the real hospital :allears:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

swickles posted:

Probably pretty easy to shoehorn a Brady reference in there somewhere.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Hot TV Takes:

I couldn't get into Breaking Bad because I liked Malcolm in the Middle and couldn't see Cranston as anyone other than Hal. I watched the first season and it just never clicked.

If you haven't been watching the Americans I think all the seasons are on Prime right now. Its fantastic.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If you can tolerate dubbed audio, watch The 3% on Netflix. It's a Brazilian show about a dystopian future society where 3% of the population gets to live in some unforeseen promise land when they turn 20 if they pass a series of tests.

It's low budget, but interesting.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cash Monet posted:

Hot TV Takes:

I couldn't get into Breaking Bad because I liked Malcolm in the Middle and couldn't see Cranston as anyone other than Hal. I watched the first season and it just never clicked.

If you haven't been watching the Americans I think all the seasons are on Prime right now. Its fantastic.

That's like saying you couldn't get into Saving Private Ryan because the first Tom Hanks movie you saw was Big and he wouldn't ever be anyone but Josh Baskin.

Cranston is better than one role on MitM, man.

edit:

If you can't get into breaking bad, then watch Better Call Saul. It's just as good and no Brian Cranston.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
That episode where Bart failed another test and had a breakdown over it because he actually studied is top tier.

The best episode of the series is Cape Feare

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cash Monet posted:

Hot TV Takes:

That sounds like it would make Breaking Bad even more fun.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

a neat cape posted:

That episode where Bart failed another test and had a breakdown over it because he actually studied is top tier.

I like that "Cape Feare" and "You Only Move Twice" both feature the Simpsons moving, a joke about the Denver Broncos and a reference to the Goldfinger laser scene. Every Simpsons episode should have those.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Cash Monet posted:

Hot TV Takes:

Just imagine thats its Hal. He left Lois and the kids, got remarried and changed his name to stay hidden.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

Just imagine thats its Hal. He left Lois and the kids, got remarried and changed his name to stay hidden.

I did that for the first two seasons and it's fantastic.

Jesse is Francis

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

That's like saying you couldn't get into Saving Private Ryan because the first Tom Hanks movie you saw was Big and he wouldn't ever be anyone but Josh Baskin.

I choose to think of Tom Hanks as no one but Streebeck from Dragnet personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

That's certainly the best Sideshow Bob episode.

Usually the critics consider these the top episodes:

Last Exit to Springfield (the DENTAL PLAN / Lisa Needs Braces episode)
Marge Vs. The Monorail
Cape Feare
You Only Move Twice
Lisa The Vegetarian
Rosebud (Bobo & Mr. Burns)

Honorable TFF Mention: Itchy & Scratchy Land

swickles posted:

If you rewatch the first episode of Malcolm in the Middle, Lois comforts Malcolm being bullied by saying "those kids are going to grow up and work in a carwash" which is a beautiful thing post Breaking Bad.

• Locked thread