Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Bury Brock into the core of the earth

Owens used to talk up a match between the two in the media all the time. I don't believe he still does it. I think he mentions Undertaker now.

Ambrose said Lesnar was a jerk when working with him at Wrestlemania last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

I dislike spreading hateful rumours around about people I personally like. But so the story goes a reason why they went with Goldberg and the Goldberg vs Brock series is that Lesnar doesn't think Owens is a credible threat/foe. Lesnar seems to view Owens as just a fat guy so he refused to work with him.

Will be interesting if those two ever wrestle.

Brock was right

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

rovert posted:

I dislike spreading hateful rumours around about people I personally like. But so the story goes a reason why they went with Goldberg and the Goldberg vs Brock series is that Lesnar doesn't think Owens is a credible threat/foe. Lesnar seems to view Owens as just a fat guy so he refused to work with him.

Brock sez : please work out

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Mystery Opponent posted:

Brock sez : please work out

I mean, Brock's looking a bit doughy soooooo

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mfcrocker posted:

do steroids make you fat if you take too many of them

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

mfcrocker posted:

Winter in Minnesota is hella cold

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hmm yes what a fatass

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mystery Opponent posted:

Winter in Minnesota is hella cold

He's lived in Canada for a while now

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

Lesnar is right.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brock Lesnar loving sucks.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

has brock ever even watched a kevin owens match, the dude is fat but can go at 100mph with a great workrate.

this coming from a guy who needed roids to stay competitive, come on brock

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume that kills the idea of Brock/Joe as well, which is remarkably dumb for Lesnar, given he normally does whatever makes him the most cash, and a Joe feud could easily be money with Joe and Paul talking it up and Joe looking like a killer.

Of course, it's probably going to be Reigns coming off beating Undertaker and talking up how he and Brock are the 2 in 23-2.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Is Rollins' knee injury a work or shoot?

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

IcePhoenix posted:

He's lived in Canada for a while now
Canada is even colder! And yet my good friend Brock only has the thinnest layer of blubber on his bod, while fat and smelly Kevin Owens has become literally rotund

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is fat guy heart or steroid heart worse?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lesnar is dumb because Owens would make him look amazing. Altho I guess he doesn't even care about that at this point and he just wants boring matches against Reigns or lazy ones against Goldberg.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I refuse to work with Owens, but I will work with a 50 year old that will probably gas out after about 3 minutes in a match with me

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Owens is a much more talented wrestler than Brock so it pleases me that I don't have to see Owens get squashed by him.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Frankston posted:

Owens is a much more talented wrestler than Brock so it pleases me that I don't have to see Owens get squashed by him.

But you do get to watch him get squashed by Goldberg, who is a worse wrestler than both Brock and Owens

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

But you do get to watch him get squashed by Goldberg, who is a worse wrestler than both Brock and Owens

Goldberg squashes are quick and fun. Brock squashes you get to watch your guy get slowly squashed for about 20 minutes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

How much longer does Lesnar even have on his deal? Do they have time to run with him as champion until Summerslam?

Mania 2018 is his last. Ideally you have Reigns retire him after he retires Taker, and then he can retire Cena in 2019

Fumaofthelake posted:

Is Rollins' knee injury a work or shoot?

Said it in the main thread but yeah it's legit

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I hope Owens and Goldberg put on a 60 minute mat classic to make Brock look even more like poo poo

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

bradzilla posted:

Hmm yes what a fatass

I dunno what to tell you but he was in much better shape than that a few months ago :shrug:

Like I am definitely not saying the guy is a fatass (that is me)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Chris James 2 posted:

Said it in the main thread but yeah it's legit

Jesus, I hope it's not serious.

Edit: nevermind, just looked at the main thread :smith:

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 1, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

I refuse to work with Owens, but I will work with a 50 year old that will probably gas out after about 3 minutes in a match with me

He can work a 20 minute match with a guy busting his rear end to justify his spot and have the best match of his life or he can show up, take two bumps and leave.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Goldberg beating Brock again at WM and then losing to heel Roman at Summerslam seems like a pretty good chain of events.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Goldberg beating Brock again at WM and then losing to heel Roman at Summerslam seems like a pretty good chain of events.

Seth is dead so RIP any hope of a Roman heel turn.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Roman Reigns is not turning heel. They are not going to do it. Any pseudo-heel stuff they're doing to his character is them trying to duplicate what they did with Cena and have him be defiant toward the people who don't like him but he's not anywhere near as good as Cena was at it. They lucked out big time with Cena in that regard.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

remember when they were going to push Sami Zayn? me neither

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Venomous posted:

remember when they were going to push Sami Zayn? me neither

Who?

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
http://pwinsider.com/article/107466/first-ever-brock-lesnar-vs-kevin-owens-match-set.html?p=1

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It would be sweet if after Goldberg beats KO the title, Jericho beats Goldberg for the title with the help of Lesnar.

This is not nearly as dumb as having two guys that wrestle 3 times a year get the main event spot of WM.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

To take a page from MRP's book and/or be a devil's advocate, the very fact that Goldberg and Brock don't have to work as hard as guys lower on the card demonstrates their superiority, because their character work is strong and their wrestling is part of their character work. As opposed to the litany of guys who supposedly have gimmicks but when they get in the ring wrestle identically, making every WWE PPV a slog to sit through (especially now that there is no such thing as a cooldown match on a WWE show). Goldberg and Brock came up in a time where that was much less the case, Goldberg especially.

A lot of hardcores think Goldberg can't go because his specialty is the three-minute match. Thing is, those matches are better than the majority of 20-minute matches.

I frankly cannot wait for Brock/Goldberg.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

dont even fink about it posted:

To take a page from MRP's book and/or be a devil's advocate, the very fact that Goldberg and Brock don't have to work as hard as guys lower on the card demonstrates their superiority, because their character work is strong and their wrestling is part of their character work. As opposed to the litany of guys who supposedly have gimmicks but when they get in the ring wrestle identically, making every WWE PPV a slog to sit through (especially now that there is no such thing as a cooldown match on a WWE show). Goldberg and Brock came up in a time where that was much less the case, Goldberg especially.

A lot of hardcores think Goldberg can't go because his specialty is the three-minute match. Thing is, those matches are better than the majority of 20-minute matches.

But Brock vs. Goldberg will probably be a 20 minute match!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lordy that site is rotten with ads.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Plans change

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

And judging by Wrestlemania 20, the audience will be blown away.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

dont even fink about it posted:

How do you account for Brock's schtick getting noticeably worse recently when you apply this theory? Everything Brock has done since the Ambrose match (and arguably the Triple Threat before that) has led the audience reactions have grow noticeably weaker. Unlike Foochs I don't think its because the Suplex City Match has gotten stale. When Brock first started this run with the Cena squash, everything after that raised the stakes, with the one exception being the Rollins match but nobody cared because Rollins had been booked to be a chickenshit weakling who had also hosed Brock over, so nobody complained. The Roman/Dean Triple Threat he was barely involved with, but he still had momentum so nobody really noticed that he phoned it in for the most part in that bout.

Then came the Ambrose match, a match that ended right when it was getting good, almost as if it had been cut clean in half, with a decisive squash of someone who at the time was almost indisputably the crowd favorite. And then came the reveal that he cheated at UFC 200, and a dumbass LOSS to the Undertaker via passout, and a largely forgettable followup, and Randy Orton's Broken Skull Match. For not needing to work as hard, Brock's star sure has been falling since he stopped working a little bit harder with every match so the stakes would go up.

Goldberg is a different animal because we're still at the start of his Shocking Monster Run. Him killing Brock is analogous to Brock killing Cena. And just like when Suplex City started, Goldberg is currently raising the stakes and the effort just a bit with every new appearance. If he stops doing that, I think the crowd will sour on him just as they've been souring on Brock for the last 9 months.

Maybe Brock vs Goldberg will be the moment when Brock finally breaks the trend and gets back in the saddle, but I think it's just going to be a waste of Goldberg's momentum because Brock is going to keep being lazy because he thinks he can, and his returns will diminish faster and faster as a result.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

After everything that's happened between them, the second that match hits minute 2 the fans will realize what's happening and the boos are going to come

I sincerely hope it's the final match on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

It would be sweet if after Goldberg beats KO the title, Jericho beats Goldberg for the title with the help of Lesnar.

This is not nearly as dumb as having two guys that wrestle 3 times a year get the main event spot of WM.

not only would that be sweet but jericho having one last run at the expense of goldberg would be some funny-rear end poetic justice