Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I like everything except the front. The front looks like a deep sea explorer type thing. Perhaps if it was more elongated in the front it would look more spaceshipy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hm. What do you mean by elongated? The whole front section, or just using something other than the dome?

Tbh I was trying to make it look like a submarine/spaceship :v: The dome is kind of what inspired it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh i see. Well if that was the goal, you succeeded.

I meant elongated because the thing that makes it look like a sub is the snub nose with the rounded viewport.

It's a spaceship, but it can swim!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dogen posted:

Did we talk about the lego Batman movie batwing yet?

http://brickset.com/article/26297/summer-tlbm-sets-revealed!

I currently have the Scuttler and the Speedwagon, I can't wait to make a display with them and Black Thunder.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Dogen posted:

Did we talk about the lego Batman movie batwing yet?

http://brickset.com/article/26297/summer-tlbm-sets-revealed!

Finally, a momma batwing for all of my baby batwings.

I bought so many random CMFs in January at different times that I think I have five mini batwings at this point.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
How do you get that one again? Buy $x worth, or something like that? Do they sell it separately? It doesn't look like it has a lot of unusual pieces if I had to Bricklink it.

Anyway, I trimmed some base plates for my minifig cases. It is incredibly easy, just score the stud side with a razor blade, bend it in half so the bottom touches itself and it separates easily. I used a line of tiles on top as a guide for the blade, so the cuts are perfectly straight. If you plan your cuts properly one big gray base plate can make one 8x37 plate for the each of the 6 shelves, and one longer one that you can put on top.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Walmart has Jokers Lowrider for $27 with free in-store pickup!

Edit: Dead, back up to $45 already.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 31, 2017

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank

Knormal posted:

Speaking of gimmick-based knock offs, anyone ever bought any of these? I'm kind of enchanted by their ugliness, it's like a modern 90's toy.
http://www.laserpegs.com/

My kid got a truck kit of those laser pegs for Christmas a few years ago. it looks neat, but the brick quality is pretty poor. I would say worse than megabloks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wal mart had a ton of those joker poly bags today when I was there. Same price as a CMF so a pretty great deal.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I love the suggestions. I don't think mindstorm will be an option this year unless I can nail a grant; the board is kind of over us spending money. I'm going to keep up with it though and pester them for next year. The books are great and I will grab some myself soon. Loving the ball machine, too.

Unrelated, remember the figures that came with Technic sets? I always loved them over other action figures as a kid.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
So uh anyone need some lego policemen (space or otherwise)? I've been trying to dump a couple sets I don't need in SA Mart to avoid the Ebay headache.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Picked up the Nexo Knights Fortrex set for 55 bucks. It looks pretty cool, I'd love it if I was a kid. As is, it'll break down into some neat pieces.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Wal mart had a ton of those joker poly bags today when I was there. Same price as a CMF so a pretty great deal.

Which one?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

The one with the Batman target practice dummy. I picked one up, along with the Bathtime Batman, Ballerina Batman and Pink Power Batgirl. The dummy is OK, but the Joker figure is fantastic. Totally worth it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the Joker fig is great. I like it better than any of the CMF's but he's probably really close to half of the joker figs in the batman movie sets. The dummy is kind of cute from a play perspective but is mostly cool cause it has some good parts like 3x minifigure backpack (the part for building backpacks that is) and a bunch of random batman accessories.

I love jokers absurdly long coat tails.

http://brickset.com/sets/30523-1/The-Joker-Battle-Training

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Can anyone ID this?

Found it while at my school's Lego Club. I thought it wasn't Lego at first, but the interior of the wheel proves it is. I can't find the part number, 43117, anywhere.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't recognize it but that metal axle says it's old to me.. like a variant of those old wheels that were permanently affixed to a black 2x4.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

xzzy posted:

Don't recognize it but that metal axle says it's old to me.. like a variant of those old wheels that were permanently affixed to a black 2x4.

Yeah, it speaks old to me, too. The wheels aren't removable from the metal axle. Maybe it was part of a brick/wheel 2x4, but it was inventoried by the brick and not the wheels, and the brick's been broken off.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

Pyroclastic posted:

Can anyone ID this?

Found it while at my school's Lego Club. I thought it wasn't Lego at first, but the interior of the wheel proves it is. I can't find the part number, 43117, anywhere.

I'm certain its off a Duplo car base.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah check picture of older duplo cars, could be from something like this duplo trailer or this old car only a bit newer as yours has "rivets".

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

One free Lego Batman character poster each week for all of February on any purchase.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/01/31/2017-speeder-bike-racing-league-contest-sponsored-brothers-brick-news/

I might try and participate in this. Just to have a structured MOC practice. :)

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Free Batman Phantom Zone Polybag with AMC advance movie ticket purchase.

AMC Stubs® members will receive a FREE AMC Stubs Member Exclusive LEGO Batman set* when they see THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE in RealD® 3D on opening weekend.**

*February 9 - 12, 2017, while supplies last. Offer valid only at participating AMC® locations. Offer valid only at participating RealD 3D AMC locations.

Not sure if this link will work, pulled it from my email.
https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/...m_launch=%25%25

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Hey I hear the kids like those Pop figures, lets get in on that!

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Brickhe...A&RRID=55315194

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

N17R4M posted:

I'm certain its off a Duplo car base.
Yeah definitely a Duplo vehicle. Something like this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm kinda confused by that AMC Lego Batman Phantom Zone thing. If Targets sells it, how can it be an AMC exclusive?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

ChesterJT posted:

Hey I hear the kids like those Pop figures, lets get in on that!

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Brickhe...A&RRID=55315194

The difference is that these are cool and good and pops are bad and dumb

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

The difference is that these are cool and good and pops are bad and dumb

I think for once the bootleggers have gotten this type of thing out first.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

First thing I thoght of when I saw the email was someone at lego just got done playing castle crashers and wanted to build the characters.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those brickheads suck just as much as Pop figures but at least you can take them apart and make something cool out of them.

Also mega Blocks was already doing the exact same thing so it's kind of funny that Lego is actually sort of ripping off mega Blocks.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 2, 2017

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I think for once the bootleggers have gotten this type of thing out first.

Not exactly, they just weren't ripping off Lego.

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/pokemon-nanoblock-kits/

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nanoblocks seem like such a cool idea but they are an enormous pain in the rear end to build with, and the instructions are garbage.
Source: I own the nanoblocks space shuttle and empire state building.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I have the nanoblocks Charmander and, while it looks great sitting on a shelf, you can't go anywhere near it without some fragile single stud connection falling off. Not because the connection is loose per se, but because the plastic the nanoblocks are made of is so incredibly thin. Plus, MSRP for those things is ridiculous. Barnes & Noble sold them for $14, something that's 120 pieces and maybe 3" tall.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I thought those Brick Heads looked familiar...

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/102084

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol lego really likes ripping off ideas submissions lately and not giving credit.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Nth Doctor posted:

Nanoblocks seem like such a cool idea but they are an enormous pain in the rear end to build with, and the instructions are garbage.
Source: I own the nanoblocks space shuttle and empire state building.

I got a nanoblock pacman from my work secret Santa which was a great choice by someone who didn't really know me, but it was quite bad to build, and the instructions were indeed terrible.

psychosockmonkee
Jan 31, 2010

I have to return some video tapes

Marmaduke! posted:

I got a nanoblock pacman from my work secret Santa which was a great choice by someone who didn't really know me, but it was quite bad to build, and the instructions were indeed terrible.

Yeah, my kids have Pac-Man and a ghost, both of which are too hard for them to build.....not fun at all.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the nanoblocks are basically trash. It's not a bad idea, but the piece quality is atrocious. Some fit together too tight, some don't fit together at all, and it doesn't even matter what sort of piece it is it's just random from brick to brick. This is only compounded by the fact the instructions are literally useless, which sounds harsh but they're so unclear you're probably going to just wind up fudging it since you can't tell which piece is supposed to go where.

My sister picked up some little cat model or something from them and couldn't put it together. I eventually muddled through it, but I'm still not sure I got all the pieces in the right place, and the thing falls apart if you so much as breathe in its direction. I'm pretty sure you have to superglue them together or something to have any durability. :psyduck:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

On the contrary, I've got a ton of nanoblocks and they all fit well, stay together (except the Giraffe's neck when it falls off the shelf) and have generally had zero problems in assembling/reading them :shrug: I think they're really neat, and ultra overpriced for what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

My son got a nanoblock batman thing from his grandparents. The instructions are garbage.