Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

quote:

Just in: Nintendo president Kimishima tells the Nikkei Switch's online service will be priced at 2-3,000 yen ($17.50 - $26.50) *YEARLY*.

Well there you go

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826841955111890944

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Looks like the paid online is planned to be fairly cheap.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826841955111890944

e; f,b

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

1-2 switch continues to look dumb as hell and should be a pack-in. Shake the pretend bottle hot potato. WOOOOooooooooo...oooooh.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

"Switch’s online service will cost in the range of 2-3,000 yen yearly. That amounts to $17.50 – $26.50. Kimishima explained that the fee makes it easier for Nintendo to support online features such as multiplayer or downloads of classic games."

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLZO12424800R00C17A2TI1000/

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I give it maximum 6 posts before somebody complains that the price is too high still and maximum 13 posts before someone complains about it being too low.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Not enough free games!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I could buy that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm fairly certain I can swing $2.20 a month max. That's $10 less than what I was expecting.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well, at least it's cheap?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Y'all ready for some Fire Emblem Heroes?!

I mean, probably? Like I'll download it, sure. It's not for the Nintendo Switch but hey maybe it'll be fun?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The thread moves too fast for me to follow so I need confirmation on something: is the switch getting a new Mario Kart or a new Wario Fart

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm down for that price depending on how good the service turns out to be.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ill wait til I see the US price. The console prices are significantly different.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
At that price, I will definitely pay for the service if/when Monster Hunter comes out. A game a month that I will most likely never play still isn't enough to pull me in, but I do think that price is fair.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The thread moves too fast for me to follow so I need confirmation on something: is the switch getting a new Mario Kart or a new Wario Fart

MK8 port is coming soon and you know they will release a new Mario Kart in due time. There is one on every console/handheld

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Around 20 bucks a year is the ideal pricepoint for me. At that point I don't care how lovely the rewards will be, just paying for servers is good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo, Nintendo managed to price under what I thought the minimum would be (30bux).

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I'd bet on $25/year in the US... seems like what they'd feel comfortable charging.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah that seems like a price I'm ok with, the quality should still be better than any we've had since the DS though since we're actually paying for it now

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I mean, probably? Like I'll download it, sure. It's not for the Nintendo Switch but hey maybe it'll be fun?

Well guess what? You're my Fire Emblem Heroes buddy now. I'm going to make you a bracelet.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Switch gonna have a Super Bowl ad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

conmgrats

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

With having VC games as free games instead of newer games (unless I misunderstood the announcements), $30 at max would be ok though I think $20-$25 is more appropriate. Now, if they made their AAA and other games free as well monthly, then $50 like PSN or Live Gold would be ok in my book. However, since their first party games are what keeps them afloat (something Playstation and Xbox doesn't necessarily rely on exclusively), I don't see us getting a free Mario Kart 8 or Splatoon. I wish they would have had that system for WiiU and 3DS and cross-buy for indie games and whatnot like PSN. Looks like they are on the path to catching up.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Bombadilillo posted:

Switch gonna have a Super Bowl ad.

Play the new Manti Teo girlfriend simulator

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I think the ad that shows you getting chicks on a rooftop to make jerkoff motions would play well in the superbowl.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

But mad props to Nintendo for owning up to the real reason for a portable device.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
imo 25-30 yearly is good and probably good enough to excuse VC rentals, good nintendo. Now just do something about this bad handsole.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mahoning posted:

It's not a full price game. If you don't think its worth $50, that's fair. But they are not charging the same amount for it as they are Zelda and everything else.

Eh

I get that it's not the most expensive game, but "full price" has always been a range, and $50 is in it.

$10 less than GOTY Zelda doesn't somehow make this a mid or low tier price.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Calaveron posted:

They could've just ported bomberman 64 and everyone would've bought it smh

Is bomberman 64 in the virtual console

bomberman hero is on the wii vc but not bomberman 64

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I get aspirational marketing, but beyond toilet gaming there's no method of using a Switch in that advert I'd even want to do. I guess a four minute video of a TV in a dark room with one nerd playing Zelda doesn't work for advertising people.

Assuming the prices are correct (what will almost certainly be) £25 UK looks fine for a yearly service though. Xbox currently seems to be £40, so it's a chunk cheaper than that and whatever free stuff gets thrown in is gravy. I was expecting it to be more than that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Major Ryan posted:

I get aspirational marketing, but beyond toilet gaming there's no method of using a Switch in that advert I'd even want to do. I guess a four minute video of a TV in a dark room with one nerd playing Zelda doesn't work for advertising people.

Assuming the prices are correct (what will almost certainly be) £25 UK looks fine for a yearly service though. Xbox currently seems to be £40, so it's a chunk cheaper than that and whatever free stuff gets thrown in is gravy. I was expecting it to be more than that.

Are you saying you DON'T want all the hot gals and dudes making jerkoff motions at your next rooftop party.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Speaking of other not-full-price Switch games, Puyo Puyo Tetris is only $40, putting it to $32 via Prime. I think Has-Been Heroes also has a physical release but is only $20?

I like this variable pricing scheme so far.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I'm hype for the Switch but man Bomberman is gonna be a game to pick up in the bargain bin a six months after launch, if at all. No clue why people are excited for that enough to try to justify spending $50 on it, and I played a ton of Super Bomberman 2 on SNES. Especially after a great modern multiplayer game like Rocket League debuted at $20.

I was hoping they wouldn't price the online the same as PSN/XBL, so thats nice. PC gaming has spoiled me, but I can deal with $20-30 a year for VC game rental things and Splatoon and Arms.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Stan Taylor posted:

I'm hype for the Switch but man Bomberman is gonna be a game to pick up in the bargain bin a six months after launch, if at all. No clue why people are excited for that enough to try to justify spending $50 on it

Uh, perhaps you didn't hear about the photorealistic graphics?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Is Heroes dropping at midnight

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Bombadilillo posted:

Are you saying you DON'T want all the hot gals and dudes making jerkoff motions at your next rooftop party.

Nah, I'll pass. I guess after a few weeks I'll be so fed of up of going to all my hot friend's rooftop jerkoff parties that hosting one on my own roof with just seem passé.

It's absolutely not about the lack of roof garden, friends with switches, friends, or desire to play weird games with people I might have to look in the eye again in the future.

In all seriousness, I can't believe it's not a pack-in game. I get their reasons but Wii Sports must have sold so many Wiis that missing out on the same trick here just seems amateur.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
$20-30 range is actually... good!?

I wonder why the range in price though, price not set in stone yet or plans to offer yearly vs monthly subscriptions where yearly price is cheaper?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Instant Sunrise posted:

go to a yard sale, buy a used N64. then go on amazon or eBay and buy a used copy of bomberman hero.

enjoy.

I could do that but I wanna play a new one. I've played all the others!

FireMrshlBill posted:

As a lefty, I appreciated they had an option, especially in Metroid Prime: Hunters. However, it wasn't as good as having a d-pad. Just better than nothing and having to play right-handed.

Dang man quit trying to make left handed people sound like they're crippled

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

FireMrshlBill posted:

But mad props to Nintendo for owning up to the real reason for a portable device.

At the end of the ad does he wipe his rear end with the Switch and flush it down the toilet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Reminder that Nintendo currently has a paid online service via Pokemon Bank. It costs....five dollars a year.

• Locked thread