Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Notably, the hero's voice is fine. It's just the new versions of the team-up lines that are awful... so I guess start playing her or find a better team-up for summoners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I wonder what's happening on the TC regarding bounty boxes

quote:

From my testing (all xp values are 200% synergy, 0% server side):

Double xp orbs - garbage considering they're 26k xp per orb and only 30 drop so 780k from a bounty box
Massive xp nerf to cosmic terminal bosses - now only 12 orbs drop at 154k xp = 1.848m xp
As a point of comparison, CMM bosses are 8 orbs * 821k xp for 6.56m xp, and they are much faster to farm
Minimum kills per bounty box is 125, which is almost every mob for smaller stages (hood, doc oc)
Only reason I can ever see anyone doing terminals after these changes is farming cosmic artifacts or 3b MODOK/Doctor Doom (if their bounty boxes can drop artifacts for minibosses).

Why can't all cosmic difficulty zones have similar xp/hr but different item rewards?

quote:

Indeed. Cosmics give such crap rewards. I'm wondering more and more if they actually play the game themselves. There is no reason to have the rewards as they are now if they do indeed play the game. The shoddy rewards were ok when cosmics were the way they were. But now when they actually take an effort it is not cool getting the same reward as old faceroll cosmic.

Asros posted:

Of course we play the game. That doesn't mean that we agree with everything that players want.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Cosmic terminals have great rewards, some of the best rewards, everyone is talking about how great they are. Huge rewards. Make mine Marvel again!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Lower xp gains is the way they're creating more content. Midtown boxes are at like 22% of their previous xp

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Notably, the hero's voice is fine. It's just the new versions of the team-up lines that are awful... so I guess start playing her or find a better team-up for summoners.

Classic Dr. Doom also has pet damage passives.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Marvel Heroes 2016 2.0: Content now takes longer and is less rewarding so you don't need anything new

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just like your jokes.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
Did they remove the option to combine uniques of the same type into a new one? I thought I remembered that being an option on the Crafter, but I can't see it anymore.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

El_Funko posted:

Did they remove the option to combine uniques of the same type into a new one? I thought I remembered that being an option on the Crafter, but I can't see it anymore.

Yes its gone. Asros said that cosmic terminal bounty chests might drop the credit chests after the patch idk

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

El_Funko posted:

Yep, gone with the big update in preparation for the move to omega items. In the mean time, all crafting prices have been dramatically lowered, and cosmic bosses will start having s chance to drop 500k credit chests with the next patch (cosmic artifacts/beast)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Add Ultron to the list of brutal motherfuckers this patch, I was loving around with him with just his pre-update summoner gear and was still hitting half-mil bruts in cosmic training room with Operation Smash, his 8-sec crashdown that autobruts and can be traited to run on 2 charges and double damage. Several of his other powers are or can be traited for autocrits, or you can just spawn a gang of flamethrower and laser sword wielding robo-maniacs to take care of any distractions while you're stomping holes in the CMM mobs like some tiny, carefree kaiju.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 1, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah his autobrutal crashdown is a pretty nasty skill

if only he had a way to make Encephalo Beam autocrit

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also uh apparently as of the most recent TC build Beast gets all 3 damage types for some reason. idk

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Okay, so the "Biggest Update Ever" [*content to come later] happened and the movement changes are bad and I hate them but I'm dumb and bad at not playing :spergin: games like this one so I have been playing anyway. I've mostly avoided characters that are horribly affected by the movement changes like melees that aren't ridiculously tanky like Diamond Emma. The Brutally Awesome Reed build posted earlier is great since its pretty much all range and you kill most things so fast that it doesn't really matter how much health or defense you have since you poo poo out so an astonishing amount of damage in an extremely short period of time.

However, I can't overstate how bad I am at playing games so I wanted to play a more face-tanky character. Emma's somewhat tanky for most content but her damage is not that great and I still feel squishy as her in the current cosmic content. Fortunately, I decided to gear out Juggernaut in the dumbest way possible.

The Unstoppable Juggernaut

My Juggernaut has 47k health [Effective Health~140k] and my Elbow drops brut for quite a bit over 2 mil before being buffed by Scion. The goal of this build was to be as tanky as possible while still putting out enough damage to survive in cosmic midtown. Turns out its good enough to straight up solo midtown boss waves like the Brotherhood, Sinister Six, or those loving Sentinels. Basically you want to stack as much momentum (Juggernaut's spirit) as possible and build it up to max to spend it on sick rear end Elbow Drops.

Artifacts are White Suit Jacket, ACCoC, Cap's Silver Star (can be replaced with any artifact that gives Str/Dur but I like the extra shield), and Arc Reactor (less easily replaced, but a couple of artifacts give a nice chunk of momentum). The medal is Rhino for that sweet movement critical chance. Use Gibborim relics, Power Doop enchant, , Shield of Perseus Legendary, and obviously a Midtown Signet ring.

I use an Overseer's Mace, Mzee's shell, Hydra tits, Snowshoes, and a Goat Head for religious reasons. You can replace any of these with his uniques if you want and your damage won't suffer all that much; you just won't be as durable. Insignia is a Hawkeye with Crit chance and Health (because why not), the Costume Core has 3 dur and a 50% shield (lol 23k shield on Juggernaut for face tanking Bullseye), and the pet can have either Str or Dur but its worth noting that the Cosmic tier can roll with +Def and Base Damage while moving so its pretty great for a movement Juggernaut.

Talents are as above. You get more defense and health, you heal for 20% of your max (!!) health every time you spend maximum momentum, you have 5 charges for your dash, your cooldown of your sig goes down 2 sec every time you use your dash, and your stomp and devastating charge are buffed along with all of your movement abilities.

Rotation is to casually stroll up to a group of bosses, use Enter the Fray to apply vulnerablilty (stomp) then elbow drop, pop wrath to fully recharge your momentum, do another elbow drop, use your sig, stomp again if you want, and use devastating charge and your dash to build momentum. Drop elbows at max momentum and pop sig and wrath whenever they come off cooldown again. You have another invulnerablity shield that you can use if your medkit is recharging and your other shields didn't proc. Side note, you can't use a medkit while charging devastating charge but you can while using your sig.

I can post the sphere grid stuff if you want but get area damage, movement damage (buffs sig about as well as using the choice that only buffs the sig), more health obviously, and get some crit damage and pump up your primary stats as much as you're able.

You can switch out any pieces to boost the damage some more like changing the legendary but ehh, it doesn't really feel necessary to me. Decent alternate legendaries are (in order of best) Norn Stones, Mkrann, Excalibur, or Brutal Axe.

Lastly thank you for reading way too many words about baby's first arpg and if Loz posts anything that disagrees with the stuff above feel free to follow his advice (Rip summoner Rogue). But don't believe the Yellow Sun God's lies since like all past guild leader(s) he does not play this dumb game anymore.

edit: Big Thanks to Jusupov for helping me be less bad at the internet.
edit2: Thanks to Dosvidanya for pointing out a mistake I made for the rotation.

Differo Cathedra fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 1, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

I think you'll have to upload those to imgur for them to show up

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 1, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think Kelp has been playing though. We should make him SG leader again.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I am Juggernaut's Black Widow spraypaint flourish.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Nothing wrong with dudes having tramp stamps imo.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Cain Marko and Natasha Romanova is my otp

Hauki
May 11, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Add Ultron to the list of brutal motherfuckers this patch, I was loving around with him with just his pre-update summoner gear and was still hitting half-mil bruts in cosmic training room with Operation Smash, his 8-sec crashdown that autobruts and can be traited to run on 2 charges and double damage. Several of his other powers are or can be traited for autocrits, or you can just spawn a gang of flamethrower and laser sword wielding robo-maniacs to take care of any distractions while you're stomping holes in the CMM mobs like some tiny, carefree kaiju.

What else/all are you running on him? I got him in my last random box but just 60'ed a day or two ago and haven't really messed around.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Differo Cathedra posted:

Rotation is to casually stroll up to a group of bosses, stomp then elbow drop, use applause to apply vulnerablilty

Unless I'm misremembering or they messed up the tooltips, Enter the Fray is his vulnerability applier now :)

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Dosvidanya posted:

Unless I'm misremembering or they messed up the tooltips, Enter the Fray is his vulnerability applier now :)

You're right, it is the power that applies vulnerability but the tootltip is also messed up. Vulnerability is in the tooltip for applause. I also forgot that I do EtF before doing the first elbow drop and whenever the dot goes away.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Patch probably tomorrow, event going to be odin rotation :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jusupov posted:

Patch probably tomorrow, event going to be odin rotation :(

Any word on what's coming down in the patch?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Toshimo posted:

Any word on what's coming down in the patch?

45 cosmic artis, 10 of them new, bounties are back in cosmic terminals with more loot, some furry

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's finally time to make artifacts great again.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm tentatively excited at all the Nova improvements on the TC. Silver Surfer style resource instead of Spirit, talents improved to function better with Movement builds, 4 charges on Blast Off!,

quote:

Cosmic Combo’s dashing effect is now treated as a movement power.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I know, I thought for sure he'd be Fighting/Durability.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Fighting/STR so I dont have to completely regear

JK lol thanks gaz

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/826971206230302721

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Kick anyone who plays Hanky Mccoy

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Just put in for Elektra. Lady is good and fun and has good VO work.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jubilee should have been playable and beast should have been a team-up

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
has ICR logged in yet?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm waiting for my moment to thrust my supple bodice out of this warm cocoon.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

:eyepop:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SOOTHINGVAPES WTF BRO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted: