Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I've watched kill bill maybe two or three times. it always feels like they are the weakest tarantino movies but it's hella fun. I never feel like there's any pay off or satisfaction in the end or arcs. it just feels like a patchwork of fun well-done scenes. maybe that's the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There are only two good comic book movie origin stories:

Batman and Batman Begins.

And Kill Bill is Tarantino's best, followed by IB, Django, Jackie Brown, and H8.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Blankman is a critically underrated masterpiece

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I always liked Jackie Brown the most out of his films, but it's a bit removed from his own style so it's hard to recommend it to anybody that doesn't know what it is.

Also I am a sucker for a late career Pam Grier so it also has that going for me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Jackie Brown is my favourite QT, the performances are aces. It really does a great job adapting the original book.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jackie Brown is good and I like reservoir dogs as well

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

click "like" if you cry everytime during jackie brown ;___;

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

MrSlam posted:

Blankman is a critically underrated masterpiece

Unironically love this movie. More relevant today than ever thanks to all the dumb superhero movies.

I'm filled with wonderment at how many people will thumb their noses at any other artsy movie trying for (style) or (tone), but for some reason Kill Bill is in their Top 5 Movies Ever. Feels a bit Suicide Squad to me, people who think they're rebels, etc. Of course I think the grindhouse movies are brain cancer for that same reason, so YMMV.

KB2 is dead to me because they didn't give Carradine a single fight sequence. At least there was kind of one in the extras. Apparently it's only on Dailymotion so I suspect files and won't link, but it's my favorite part of the movie and it's not in the movie.

Zmej posted:

I've watched kill bill maybe two or three times. it always feels like they are the weakest tarantino movies but it's hella fun. I never feel like there's any pay off or satisfaction in the end or arcs. it just feels like a patchwork of fun well-done scenes. maybe that's the point

That's why Pulp Fiction is my favorite Tarantino. Somewhere in the middle-late part of the film I got in the zone where I could see the whole thing happening frame-for-frame in a pulp comic book, and yet everything pays off instead of just being a collection of scenes.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
My prediction on Spider-man's new film is that even if it doesn't have be to an 'origin' film, my guess is that they WILL touch upon Ben's death in such a way to explain it's a relatively different origin from the existing ones. Specifically, after the major 'Peter Parker has always been a major rear end in a top hat" take on the character from the ASM films, I'm really willing to guess they're going to change up the Peter Parker origin this time around to make him a LOT less of a jerk.

It'll probably feature, at the least, the death of Ben that is different from previous incarnations and a more vulnerable post-powers Peter because want audiences to universally feel sorry for Peter and like him.

So, my guess is that Peter's failure of saving Ben will stem from him being ashamed and scared of his powers and actively NOT wanting to use them because they're another thing that make him abnormal. His failure to use them to save Ben causes him to double down on the whole "If I don't do anything, then anything bad that happens is my fault." mentality.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The guy who did Arrival and Sicario is now confirmed to be directing a new Dune movie, produced by Legendary Entertainment.

e: Which is possibly the topic of the thread entitled "DUNE: THE MOVIE"

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 1, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Randarkman posted:

The guy who did Arrival and Sicario is now confirmed to be directing a new Dune movie, produced by Legendary Entertainment.

I just watched Arrival last night after watching the RLM review and now I got this news. Cautiously looking forward to it.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Randarkman posted:

:eyepop:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
it'll be 130 minutes of generic sci fi garbage with A-list actors.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

the sandworms are gonna look so fuckin cool and like from a video game!!!!

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

I'm enough of a nerd for Dune that I may actually buy merchandise if they whore it out like Star Wars.

I want to be excited but it's like eating out at a fast food place. You know you're gonna be disappointed but you don't know how you're going to be disappointed. Either the food's gonna suck, or they'll get the order wrong, or you're gonna have to wait too long in line. The best case scenario is that you're satisfied for a brief moment only to realize later when you look in the bathroom mirror that you're disappointed in yourself. Believe me, I'm an expert.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

For nerd crates they should just send out real Bene Gesserit pain boxes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Ugh 3 sci fi in a row from Villenieuve?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There are only two good comic book movie origin stories:

Batman and Batman Begins.

Mask of the Phantasm.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ugh 3 sci fi in a row from Villenieuve?
shut your whore mouth! who are we gonna depend on for sci-fi films that actually have a sensible plot and well-written characters? ridley scott? nope. james cameron? nope.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zmej posted:

shut your whore mouth! who are we gonna depend on for sci-fi films that actually have a sensible plot and well-written characters? ridley scott? nope. james cameron? nope.

Directors generally don't write movies though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I love Villenieuve but the switch in genres between Prisoners, Sicario and Arrival was cool. I'm sure blade runner will be good but it'd be a shame if he just gets shoehorned into sci fi remakes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I'm both interested and worried about the Sicario sequel/prequel (they are not gonna specify when it occurs in relation to Sicario). It's cool that Josh Brolin and Benecio are back and if it can have scenes as tense as the border crossing convoy it could be bad rear end.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Does the Warcraft movie contain homage to any of the immortal world-weaving dialogue in the game, such as "Yes, m'lord," "Job's done," or "Zug zug"?

I hope "I'm getting seasick"/"Mwargghhhh" is in there too.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dune is a good book, and none of the existing adaptations have been perfect, so I'm onboard for a new Dune movie.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
got YouTube recommended a video from 2002 - it's good for a chuckle seeing them this young already upset with Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJWMxjWQoo

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jay looks like he just fell off the back of a Appalachian moon shine cart, Mike looks so adorably youthful and healthy, Rich looks like he just finished violently killing someone and is now video blogging about it before even cleaning up the murder scene. (seriously why is that room in such disarray?)

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Baronjutter posted:

Jay looks like he just fell off the back of a Appalachian moon shine cart, Mike looks so adorably youthful and healthy, Rich looks like he just finished violently killing someone and is now video blogging about it before even cleaning up the murder scene. (seriously why is that room in such disarray?)

I never noticed it before but Rich does look like he is absolutely savoring a crime scene.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The thing that threw me is Mike's voice is so different.

Also why are so many people sunbathing while being interviewed about Star Wars in loving Wisconsin?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I can't not see Bob Saget every time somebody posts yung Mike.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

Mike looks so adorably youthful and healthy

Mike has become undead

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

starkebn posted:

got YouTube recommended a video from 2002 - it's good for a chuckle seeing them this young already upset with Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJWMxjWQoo

Mike was at least self aware enough to look at this "documentary" he made and realized his best bet for fame would be to pretend that he was a serial killer in a dingy house talking about Star Wars.

Rich is such an inspiration!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

FrensaGeran posted:

Mike was at least self aware enough to look at this "documentary" he made and realized his best bet for fame would be to pretend that he was a serial killer in a dingy house talking about Star Wars.

Rich is such an inspiration!

This is classic Gilchrist, not mike.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe the Wonder Woman movie will be good and maybe pigs will fly.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm just out of a press screening of Rings and I hope they review it, particularly Jay. It stinks

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Maybe the Wonder Woman movie will be good and maybe pigs will fly.

I'm puttin' this in the op.

Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

:siren:SHITPOSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this Nazi-loving dipshit on ignore immediately!
That Star Wars Fun-Packed Backpack Pack looked sweet. I might have to sign up for Nerd Box

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I don't think these crates were real

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I don't think these crates were real

Nonsense! Why such cynicism? Of course they send Avengers-themed old, opened vienna sausages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
ImaginationCrate! We save you space and unleash your creativity by not sending you toys that will clutter up your home, but ideas for toys you could make yourself! The world is your oyster with ImaginationCrate!

• Locked thread