Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

his nibs posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus

actually, no wtfo meltdown yet so p dull

As a prestigious WTFO subscriber I have access to his Conan server. I should start playing Conan lol.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

img_r/starcitizentrafficdecline.jpg

"We are a collection of internet bouncers defending the dream from the merest hint of implied criticism and have done so for years, throwing our omega level autist powers behind the worlds most snide and smug takedowns of anyone that says anything that could even be interpreted as critical on the few threads that the r/starcitizen moderators don't just outright delete, or that the other true believers manage to not downvote into oblivion in the hidden "controversial" column that doesn't exist here.

Why does our sub have so little traffic?"

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

As a prestigious WTFO subscriber I have access to his Conan server. I should start playing Conan lol.

I did spot your cat pic request for SA :laugh:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/GfHKd5b.gifv

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/826907708418691072

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDb0Rqyh-Y

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Xaerael posted:

Imagine being Clifford aka creepo's wife.

SPOILER:

She's just as loving weird and refers to herself in the third person

She also literally looks like a hobgoblin.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

gently caress I hate those desks so much.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

lol if you don't like the sleek sharp edges of the Spitfire Jet Fighter.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
In an unexpected turn of events, small-time streamer SushiBoySimon is aiming to break the Guiness World Record for Continuous Time in Virtual Reality (25hr), by playing the #1 VR game Star Citizen* live on his Twitch channel for 30+ hours. He's almost 14hr into his run. Donations go to Breast Cancer Research, with $750 raised so far.

* oops, I meant Elite Dangerous

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

Please, Titanic, don't. Just...don't.

Really. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lttrIPDFplU

But... I feel longing at 3:12am! When a 10k spike must exist! How can I resist the lure of being that "anomalous spike we can't explain" ??? :homebrew:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Never forget! This was 1yr ago today about the impending demise of Squadron 42.

Star Citizen - The Shafting

:grin:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

At least the chair got broken.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

scrubs season six posted:

She also literally looks like a hobgoblin.

DapperDon fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 2, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Especially since CIG used their fake demo trump card last year. They can't just make some incremental change to 2.6 and then throw another homestead demo at people in august and expect it to work again.

I know you say this, but you forgot one critical component of your theory:

This is Star Citizen.

Logic is not welcome here. I bet they could drum up another demo, add some "Look it's like Minecraft and he's building his tent under the wing of his space ship inside the tunnel of a sandworm while mining!!!" While the real game itself is still a poo poo arena shooter with none of the mechanics even remotely like the "totally real demo" and they'd make 5 million or more dollars that week.

Also we will never see Chris Roberts actually play his dream game again. :(

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
So I went back and looked at the Google Sheet that keeps track of the funding tracker. On the day of my $8000 refund this was the funding by hour:

$3,385
$3,310
$2,465
$2,705
$1,825
$1,990
$1,545
$1,015
$1,480
$1,810
$930
$1,825
$1,390
$1,130
$1,380
$1,705
$1,540
$3,525
$3,670

Where's my refund?! It's definitely not reflected on their tracker anywhere.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fain80 posted:

So I went back and looked at the Google Sheet that keeps track of the funding tracker. On the day of my $8000 refund this was the funding by hour:

$3,385
$3,310
$2,465
$2,705
$1,825
$1,990
$1,545
$1,015
$1,480
$1,810
$930
$1,825
$1,390
$1,130
$1,380
$1,705
$1,540
$3,525
$3,670

I mean you aren't really shocked are you?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Fain80 posted:

$3,385
$3,310
$2,465
$2,705
$1,825
$1,990
$1,545
$1,015
$1,480
$1,810
$930
$1,825
$1,390
$1,130
$1,380
$1,705
$1,540
$3,525
$3,670

It's been said before they don't track refunds

And for once actually makes sense in the real world , they don't put a dip everytime the rent cheque comes out either

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I don't see any need for us to discuss Clifford's wife in any capacity.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

The Titanic posted:

I bet they could drum up another demo, add some "Look it's like Minecraft and he's building his tent under the wing of his space ship inside the tunnel of a sandworm while mining!!!"

this already happened with "base building"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Oddly, I've just received an email from a SC fleet?/guild?/clan?/group? So fired an email back.

Highlights:

quote:

*edited to protect the retarded* is sending you a personal invite and it would be our pleasure to have you accept it and join our Star Citizen organization, we feel you would be a great addition.

Um, I don't think I'd play nice with your guys.

quote:

We either saw a post you made that we liked, a thoughtful question you needed answered on the forums or you were friendly with other community members trying to help, chatted with you in one of the chats or actually flew side by side with you in missions or PVP in-game. Some quick things about us, we do not do piracy and we are a one org guild for security reasons, meaning our members do not join other orgs or have affiliate orgs. and of course no drama.

I've honestly not once ever never been a piwate in any game at all, not even in Eve where I pirate the gently caress out of everyone :D If you'd read a single one of my brown sea posts you would know to not come within shooting/shiptheft range of me, I will take your stuff and laugh at you for letting me do so. :)

quote:

We have a full Fleet with multiples of every kind in the game including several Polaris's, Idris's and even two Javelins. These are the huge battle cruisers and frigates that 99% of other orgs can't offer you. When we go into fleet mode and roll through the universe it will be something to behold and we hope you can join us.

Well, since you mention all those Polaranuses, I'm sure I can get a throwaway alt in to help you *look after* them. Oh and please let me know when any of those are actually in the game and when there is a game to play :D

quote:

With perma-death in the game it will be imperative for individuals to join strong orgs for safety and now is the best time to do it with planets just around the corner. Traveling alone will be very dangerous at best. Our org travels in packs of 4-12+ players at all times. If you happen to be alone refueling or repairing your ship and you are attacked by several players just let us know in Discord and you will see 4-12 ships jump into your location within seconds and we will handle business from there, we do lot let our members get ganged up on period.

There is no perma death, there is no game. :)

quote:

Hopefully see you along side us soon in The Verse.

Not if CR has anything to do with it chaps. :)

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Fain80 posted:

$3,385
$3,310
$2,465
$2,705
$1,825
$1,990
$1,545
$1,015
$1,480
$1,810
$930
$1,825
$1,390
$1,130
$1,380
$1,705
$1,540
$3,525
$3,670

Well obviously it just so happened that during the hour you recieved your refund, there was a coincidental spike of an additional $8,000, which cancelled it out.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Agreed, same as discussing Ben's wife (unless she does something work related that is note worthy)

Let's keep things somewhat dignified

Now someone post a Ben jiggle gif to lighten the mood

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

IncredibleIgloo posted:

:agreed:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I know you say this, but you forgot one critical component of your theory:

This is Star Citizen.

Logic is not welcome here. I bet they could drum up another demo, add some "Look it's like Minecraft and he's building his tent under the wing of his space ship inside the tunnel of a sandworm while mining!!!" While the real game itself is still a poo poo arena shooter with none of the mechanics even remotely like the "totally real demo" and they'd make 5 million or more dollars that week.

Also we will never see Chris Roberts actually play his dream game again. :(

I'm prepared for the last smoldering embers of my faith in humanity to be smothered by another $7,000,000 sale for a scripted cutscene sold to idiots but i refuse to believe it will keep working for two full years.

The PU was put on maintenance mode, obviously, almost a year ago and they've just had little stat tweaks to a Crysis mod for about a year now. The fake demos worked so well because the backers are so desperate.

But extending that out for another year from now? What are they going to do, hit gamescom 2017 with another in-editor scripted cutscene? How are they even going to make it to August if they have nothing else to show?

If the money trouble leaks are true then they may not even have time to fake up some more lies to sell to gullible idiots. According to the leaks it took weeks and months of time to even come up with those laughably bad, obviously fake "Demos" so we are looking at nothing but more stat tweaks to the crysis mod for 6+ more months?

I'm calling it before gamescom this year, sometime in the next 7 months. Squadron 42 prelude was what was supposed to make them enough money to finish Squadron 42 to make enough money to start making Star Citizen. If even the prelude isn't coming out then CIG needs to do a number of things, which will be disastrous to backer funding. You have an already antsy group of sadbrain fools funding the project, who were just told by CIG that the features from the "demos" don't even exist yet. News of layoffs, or reductions, or really any change to the status quo is going to rob CIG of the time they need to convert lies into money.

Edit: I'm a fan of the quick collapse theory. People suggest this lasting for years but they are making a movie and are entirely dependent on backer funds at this point. So one month they just are going to hit a breaking point where they have to react, proving that they have money issues, which will further hurt their money flow, triggering a refund cascade and probably lawsuits from people like MoMA that thought they would always be able to get $3,000 for an autism chariot on reddit which is now worthless. The doubts are there, suppressed for years, and CIG's money troubles will just shine a bright light on them.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 2, 2017

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Goobs posted:

They are a great company and they were smart with what they did. I've never been into any FF games but I really enjoyed and still do enjoy FF14. Just a slick game overall..and even more rare is the community is actually amazing. Any time I've asked for help there's always been someone to help.

:same:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Gonna TheAgent this episode:

- No new gameplay
- No 3.0 release dates
- No 2.6.x release dates
- Videos of 3D models
- Hint of an upcoming new sale

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

At least the chair got broken.

This is my office.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I spy on my neighbors and pretend I'm lining them up for a bombing run.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nicholas posted:

this already happened with "base building"

Well drat. They're running the well pretty dry on games they can crib from.

Oh wait! I forgot Mass Effect: Andromeda is coming soon. I remember they already Archered the mako for those planet videos, so I bet we'll see more of that stuff.

I just saved CIGs bottom line. That was close. :smuggo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I agree. :shobon:

And for real, too. No need to just drag people into a spotlight literally for no reason. CIG and Star Citizen have enough disasters to go around.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 2, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Any guesses on the next sale ?

Do they have any new ships to sell , or will it have to be war bonds and limited edition never to be sold again we promise ships ?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Fain80 posted:

$3,385
$3,310
$2,465
$2,705
$1,825
$1,990
$1,545
$1,015
$1,480
$1,810
$930
$1,825
$1,390
$1,130
$1,380
$1,705
$1,540
$3,525
$3,670

Duh, it's obvious that your traitorous plea for a refund hurt Chris so much that, being the stand up people they are, Chris and Sandi refunded you out of their own personal money.

You have taken food away from their children ..... WHY DID YOU DO THAT! What did those children ever do to you!

Why do you want to hurt the Chris?

All that is left to say is ...... oval office!

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 2, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It's already been said a hundred times, but :same:

Aside from it being creepy and irrelevant, it's not a good look on us.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, seriously.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I quite like the idea that Cliff has a partner in crime to geek out with and enjoy life, but that's my entire thought process on that

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/826923865523777539

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I quite like the idea that Cliff has a partner in crime to geek out with and enjoy life, but that's my entire thought process on that

It's nice to see a couple that can enjoy the same things together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlvT-OPzx60&t=33s

:gary: