Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

GunnerJ posted:

This would be the second of them that accomplishes immortality by hanging a bleeding corpse up to drain out.

Yeah, it's easy to get hooked on stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I don't think that stuff is actually blood. Look at his robes - they're not stained at all.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pureauthor posted:

I don't think that stuff is actually blood. Look at his robes - they're not stained at all.

His robes actually look weird to me. They look like they're really thick, as if they're made of something other than cloth.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Pureauthor posted:

'Flame' sounds like a way less awesome name to bear than 'Glory' imo.

Beef Hamburger Patty Flame Broiled To Glory

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

PMush Perfect posted:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Yeah, it's fine, I just wonder if that's going to be the case for all of them. If there's a thematic significance. They would all be "vampiric" in a way.

ETA: Maybe the idea is that they are all the kind of dark god that demands blood sacrifice, but because without it they would only be mortal.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 1, 2017

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

To be fair, do we know that he needs all that blood to live? It might be that he's actually using it as some kind of blood magic to project himself into people's dreams, and has his immortality a different way.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Eh, I should have quoted it but I was responding to this suggestion:

MikeJF posted:

Does Incubus stay young forever by bathing in the blood of innocent virgins.

It might not be the case, but I was just talking about what if it were.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
He might just be a kook and likes big ol'e blood pools that serve no purpose other then being big ol'e blood pools.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

World Famous W posted:

He might just be a kook and likes big ol'e blood pools that serve no purpose other then being big ol'e blood pools.

Yeah, maybe he's just an avant garde interior decorator. That pond of AB+ really tied the room together!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Hurray, speculation time.

Incubus is not meant to be awake right now. Someone chucked him down there or waited for him to head down and then did something to keep him asleep (probably involving that corpse) so they could get on with being Grand Poobah in his absence. He needed a bit of the shine in Allison's head to get himself out and boy is someone gonna be in trouble now he's free.

Or I'm wrong and something completely different is happening, gonna be fun finding out either way.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Something has been tickling me: How did he know Allison is the true heir? I think the real answer is that he doesn't, really, but from her dreams (which seems to be his Thing) he knew she had a Key, so decided to take advantage of that and his apparently intimate knowledge of her personality and desires. The fact that she appears in the final page with him as Sailor Moon is a callback to her fantasies revealed in the first book from when she was much younger and had a desire to be different and be some kind of hero.

All this comes to the obvious conclusion that he's playing her. But he's doing a better job of it than the other Demiurges have so far.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

When they first met, he basically guessed that he gave her the key but didn't know for sure until she said "It's true." At which point he said, "Really? Interesting."

Why he would guess that, I don't know.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

GunnerJ posted:

When they first met, he basically guessed that he gave her the key but didn't know for sure until she said "It's true." At which point he said, "Really? Interesting."

Why he would guess that, I don't know.

He's probably just operating on the assumption that the guy that conquered heaven didn't make an amateur hour fuckup, and in fact put the key exactly where he wanted it to be.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Incubus doesn't have a physical body he coalesced out of nothing

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Roland Jones posted:

His robes actually look weird to me. They look like they're really thick, as if they're made of something other than cloth.

A robe of sackcloth would be appropriate for a beggar king, and that stuff's pretty thick.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Incubus is the robe.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Incubus is the robe.

Incubus is the blood.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Incubus is my posts

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Incubus is the friends we made along the way

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, I like to imagine that he's absent-mindedly humming the Sailor Moon theme in the last panel.

It might not be true, but it's totally The Truth that he is.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder what his relationship is to Meti. Both apprentices of Meti, or is Incubus's full title Incubus ten Maya? Or maybe he's that other famous swordmaster, Lord Intra, after a name change?

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 1, 2017

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Pureauthor posted:

'Flame' sounds like a way less awesome name to bear than 'Glory' imo.

"The Glory, The Tower, The Flame, The Diamond, The Blade, The Mind, The Beast".

I wonder who's who, now that we know two of them.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I am already highly anticipating Alison leaving Incubus a broken, sobbing shell of himself.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

idonotlikepeas posted:

"The Glory, The Tower, The Flame, The Diamond, The Blade, The Mind, The Beast".

I wonder who's who, now that we know two of them.

Well, my wild guesses are:
Mammon: The Beast (duh)
Jadis: The Diamond (because she's a paperweight)
Jagganoth: The Tower (he's... tall? I guess?)
Solomon: The Blade (I guess he could also be The Tower, but he seems like a Blade type now that Incubus is known)
Gog-Agog: The Mind (This one just feels right)

Of course, the only one of these I have any strong belief in is that Mammon is The Beast. Jagganoth is a distant second contender, but I really don't think it could be anyone but the Big Old Monster Dragon himself.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder what his relationship is to Meti. Both apprentices of Meti, or is Incubus's full title Incubus ten Maya? Or maybe he's that other famous swordmaster, Lord Intra, after a name change?

He's probably another student of Meti. Maya wasn't Meti's best student, so the speculation is that it's Incubus. He seems to be very good at cutting other people into shapes he wants them to be, but I bet his weakness is that he's afraid to change himself, so he works through proxies instead.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I dig Gog-Agog being mind. The mind is an accident of meat and juice.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if incubus is afraid of heing cut into shapes i'd say that ship has sailed thoroughly, motherfucker looks like they got into a fight with a cookie cutter

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tollymain posted:

if incubus is afraid of heing cut into shapes i'd say that ship has sailed thoroughly, motherfucker looks like they got into a fight with a cookie cutter

To be fair, so does Maya

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Lunatic Sledge posted:

The commentary at the bottom was a lyric from Meshuggah's "I Am Colossus." I looked up the rest of the lyrics out of curiosity. Seems appropriate and/or foreboding.

He's quoted Meshuggah before, from "Behind the Sun" on the same album I think. Along with Gojira and other similar metal bands.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

a kitten posted:

It might not be true, but it's totally The Truth that he is.

The notes don't match, but I want to believe this so I choose to do so.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tollymain posted:

Well if you had that many scars you wouldn't want to add more. But I think its more that he like manipulating people, and for someone image conscious like him, he wants to control how people see him, and likes manipulating people through their dreams without exposing himself to any danger or need to confront his changing body.

Or he might not want people to see his scars because it reflects poorly on him as a swordsman. Although he doesn't seem to have been scarred in any of the flashbacks so the scarring might be post victory?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Wait, wait. When did we learn that Incubus was a student of Maya or Meti?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Malpais Legate posted:

Wait, wait. When did we learn that Incubus was a student of Maya or Meti?

....never?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People are just speculating because he's a swords guy.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's because he leads the Middle Army which Meti was also a part of.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh I forgot about that.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
could be the same general that meti castrated when he tried to sex her.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

paragon1 posted:

He's probably just operating on the assumption that the guy that conquered heaven didn't make an amateur hour fuckup, and in fact put the key exactly where he wanted it to be.

Yeah, I'm a little confused that everyone else isn't operating on that assumption, even the angels.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Inglonias posted:

Yeah, I'm a little confused that everyone else isn't operating on that assumption, even the angels.

Well, Jadis's prophecy accounts for the Demiurges; as far as we know, they have no reason to believe that Jadis would lie to them or be misinterpreted. And the angels might just be kind of sexist in their "we're genderless nuclear fireballs, but we're especially not ladies" way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Inglonias posted:

I think this can be largely attributed to the fact the 2 Michael, for all that he hasn't died, isn't necessarily the most perceptive or most suited to leading the concordance.