Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rinkles posted:

Almost double the amount of steamed events this year compared to last

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/magic-twitch-and-you-full-2017-video-coverage-picture-2017-02-01

Also twitch emotes

I just might sub with Twitch Prime next week with emotes like these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Count Bleck posted:

I just might sub with Twitch Prime next week with emotes like these.

I kinda hope my AGDQ Prime sub is up by then. It'll be close but I don't think it will be.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hellsau posted:

I figured they'd just call it "Highlander" up there :canada:

They do. I've even played at the store the format was created in in Victoria.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I shared the previous deck I posted with another forum. One person said the archetype was ok, but I needed some different cards. So I changed it around based on him just throwing out some card suggestions and I went from a crapp €50 deck, to a €180 that hasn't worked out for me yet. I'm having difficulty playing the higher CMC cards. I played another G/B deck and he Fatal Pushed the Constrictor lynchpin to the deck, so that wasn't good. Apart from that my attempt at deckbuilding was definitely something, at the least it seems it's a passable idea for my first deck even if it's not going to win much of anything.

Here's what I ended up with after the other forum's suggestions.

Deck: Untitled Deck

//Main
4 Narnam Renegade
2 Rishkar, Peema Renegade
4 Scrounging Bandar
4 Winding Constrictor
3 Walking Ballista
4 Fatal Push
2 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 Subtle Strike
4 Fairgrounds Trumpeter
3 Verdurous Gearhulk
4 Blooming Marsh
7 Swamp
9 Forest
4 Baloth Pup
2 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar

//Sideboard
4 Hope of Ghirapur

Display deck statistics

This was just based on card names they threw out, so it's not them that's messed up the way they're included in the deck rather it'd be me who did that. Anyway, if anyone has further advice on the build, or how to play it I'd appreciate it.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Mrenda posted:

I shared the previous deck I posted with another forum. One person said the archetype was ok, but I needed some different cards. So I changed it around based on him just throwing out some card suggestions and I went from a crapp €50 deck, to a €180 that hasn't worked out for me yet. I'm having difficulty playing the higher CMC cards. I played another G/B deck and he Fatal Pushed the Constrictor lynchpin to the deck, so that wasn't good. Apart from that my attempt at deckbuilding was definitely something, at the least it seems it's a passable idea for my first deck even if it's not going to win much of anything.

Deck: Untitled Deck

//Main
4 Narnam Renegade
2 Rishkar, Peema Renegade
4 Scrounging Bandar
4 Winding Constrictor
3 Walking Ballista
4 Fatal Push
2 Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4 Subtle Strike
4 Fairgrounds Trumpeter
3 Verdurous Gearhulk
4 Blooming Marsh
7 Swamp
9 Forest
4 Baloth Pup
2 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar

//Sideboard
4 Hope of Ghirapur

Display deck statistics

This was just based on card names they threw out, so it's not them that's messed up the way they're included in the deck rather it'd be me who did that. Anyway, if anyone has further advice on the build, or how to play it I'd appreciate it.

You're basically at the BG decks that have seen play the past two weeks, so peek at those. http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/deckshow.php?event_ID=19&t[T1]=1&start_date=2017-01-28&end_date=2017-01-28&state=VA&city=Richmond&order_1=finish&limit=8&t_num=1&action=Show+Decks

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011

Mrenda posted:

Green-black is either the best or second best deck around right now depending on who you ask. Try to work toward this deck that won the first SCG open of this standard, you already have most of the expensive pieces.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

tzirean posted:

You're basically at the BG decks that have seen play the past two weeks, so peek at those. http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/deckshow.php?event_ID=19&t[T1]=1&start_date=2017-01-28&end_date=2017-01-28&state=VA&city=Richmond&order_1=finish&limit=8&t_num=1&action=Show+Decks

Welpo.

There goes my first attempt at creating my own affordable FNM deck. I mean, I should be encouraged that I came up with one interaction other people have seen and played, but if it's as big as this that's the end of my originality ambitions for today. Although it's not like Winding Constrictor is some amazing synergistic idea that was hidden, it's exactly what the card is supposed to do. At least I got a few games with it, and I'll remember a few cards for future theorycrafting.

KillarySwank
Jun 24, 2013

Lemon Flavoured

Hellsau posted:

I figured they'd just call it "Highlander" up there :canada:

We just call it "Highlander", but out of respect of the European scene that has had an online presence for much longer than us, we tacked on the Canadian.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Rinkles posted:

Also twitch emotes

These twitch emotes are the best digital MTG product Wizards has ever made

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Rinkles posted:

Almost double the amount of steamed events this year compared to last

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/magic-twitch-and-you-full-2017-video-coverage-picture-2017-02-01

Also twitch emotes

IDK man, $5/month is pretty high for just two emotes. Like, they are really good emotes but man...

Ok a third one is tier 2

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chill la Chill posted:

IDK man, $5/month is pretty high for just two emotes. Like, they are really good emotes but man...

Ok a third one is tier 2

Don't sub on twitch unless you already have amazon prime. If you do its free.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Funny emotes that you can circlejerk with when someone topdecks don't really make up for not being able to pause and resume the stream. Ditching youtube is still a huge mistake.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That Liliana emote though. Who the heck decided to include that one? If they wanted to include a woman in there, there's like a few dozen cards of Jaya and Chandra that would've been much better. :psyduck:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Funny emotes that you can circlejerk with when someone topdecks don't really make up for not being able to pause and resume the stream. Ditching youtube is still a huge mistake.

I really hope they got a bunch of twitch money to make it exclusive, instead of just doing it because someone at wizards watches a lot of twitch streams and thinks it's better.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

The odds are good they had to ditch youtube to get extra benefits from twitch. Despite the lack of pause and resume, twitch is by far the more popular of the streaming platform and offered them more views overall.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Chill la Chill posted:

That Liliana emote though. Who the heck decided to include that one? If they wanted to include a woman in there, there's like a few dozen cards of Jaya and Chandra that would've been much better. :psyduck:

gotta include the new **iconic** gatewatch that everyone loves so much

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

Ok a third one is tier 2

Braids is tier 0.

Chill la Chill posted:

Braids is a lady. Also Lili is clearly saying "talk to the hand." She's the sassy one.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's a real convenient "person making an L with their hand" for people to use after a big misplay.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

The odds are good they had to ditch youtube to get extra benefits from twitch. Despite the lack of pause and resume, twitch is by far the more popular of the streaming platform and offered them more views overall.

Is one of those benefits going to be the stream not loving hanging and stuttering constantly? Because it used to be awful trying to watch the PT coverage on Twitch until the chat helpfully reminded me hey, the Youtube stream is having no problems, and then I switched to that and it was all great for the rest of the weekend. That's not really an option anymore, so if the stream just stops functioning it's going to be kind of a catastrophe.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm surprised they took 2 emotes from Enthralling Victor.

Using every part of good card art.

Chill la Chill posted:

Ok a third one is tier 2

I count 5 excellent emotes. :colbert: And Liliana I guess.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Jabor posted:

It's a real convenient "person making an L with their hand" for people to use after a big misplay.

Yeah like I saw she's doing an L but I've never seen magic players even talk about catching or taking an L.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Would a MM17 reprint of Liliana OTV even cause a substantial or lasting drop in her price? Thinking of the Goyf reprints it seems like demand and price memory could keep it put. Considering parting with my set though, partially because Last Hope seems pretty modern playable and I'm not sure I'll ever get Goyfs for Jund.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Would a MM17 reprint of Liliana OTV even cause a substantial or lasting drop in her price? Thinking of the Goyf reprints it seems like demand and price memory could keep it put. Considering parting with my set though, partially because Last Hope seems pretty modern playable and I'm not sure I'll ever get Goyfs for Jund.

I would think that if the print run of mm17 is like 15 that they will simply buylist her at 90 and call it a day.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm not sure if Lili sees quite the level of play as Goyf. It's probably close, but not all mythics that got re-printed in MM have retained their value. Plus you have to imagine that demand will be higher for this set than previous MMs, assuming Wizards will take that into consideration.

Basically I have no idea but I hope they do come down because I want a couple! :shobon:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BizarroAzrael posted:

It'll be like every other chase mythic out of MM. It'll drop about 20% for anywhere between 4 and 10 months. Then it'll go back to where it was. After two years, if she doesn't see another reprint, she'll be even higher than she is now.

If she gets another reprint (like Goyf) and doesn't see a drop in play (like Dark Confidant), she might hover around 10% - 15% lower than current price.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

no because it will be a mythic rare in a limited product set

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

BizarroAzrael posted:

I mean, Goyf was over $200 before it was first reprinted and it's under $100 now. Even before the 2nd reprint it was more like $150. Of course it's also pretty much unplayable outside of modern now where there were like 3 decks that played it as a 4-of in legacy before. I'd guess Lili will drop $30-50 depending on the print run. I sold mine for $90 at the last GP I was at in my vain attempt to get rid of most of my cards because holy crap Lili decks are probably the least fun decks to play and lol $90 buylist for cards I paid $25 for.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
It's really weird how the people on reddit love the official WoTC story telling article and think it's masterful and compelling storytelling

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

80s James Hetfield posted:

It's really weird how the people on reddit love the official WoTC story telling article and think it's masterful and compelling storytelling

Their favorite author is probably Terry Goodkind.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

it's quite masterful if all you read is game of thrones and warhammer 40k books

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I know people who think the Story was better Back in the Day and it's been watered down and gotten terrible with all the dumb Gatewatch stuff. I'm not going to read any of it to find out if they're right.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Entropic posted:

I know people who think the Story was better Back in the Day and it's been watered down and gotten terrible with all the dumb Gatewatch stuff. I'm not going to read any of it to find out if they're right.

from what I understand it went from "standard fantasy novel" quality to "literal fanfiction"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the magic story did bring us the absolute wonder that is jace's eldritch abomination waifu, so i guess i can't knock it too badly as long as it pulls out something like that every now and then

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Yeah, The Brother's War and a few of the other old books are legitimately pretty good fantasy novels, the magic stories on the website are just poo poo.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, The Brother's War and a few of the other old books are legitimately pretty good fantasy novels, the magic stories on the website are just poo poo.

Eh, they were okay if you were into magic lore, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone based on quality alone though.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

ThePeavstenator posted:

from what I understand it went from "standard fantasy novel" quality to "literal fanfiction"

They literally used to do a novel for every block, right?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Entropic posted:

Three

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Entropic posted:

And the only good ones were the original Ravnica block ones, because they were just Discworld For Fuckers.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Entropic posted:

They used to come with fat packs, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ThePeavstenator posted:

it's super up and down in general. I haven't read every piece of magic lore but I refuse to believe any of it is worse than the ons block story.

For instance, today's article was pretty inoffensive imo

• Locked thread