Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aphrodite posted:

He's from Toronto so that would be an incredibly weird opinion to have.

His wife is from Texas, I think, and he got shirty over people calling all Texans racist hicks when that kid got suspended for bringing a clock to school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I call DA guy "discount Christian Bale." and while I'm at it Daxonite guy from Supergirl is discount Paul Rudd.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Tree Dude posted:

I call DA guy "discount Christian Bale." and while I'm at it Daxonite guy from Supergirl is discount Paul Rudd.

It would be very weird to have Paul "Aging Rapidly" Rudd as a love interest for Supergirl. ... Though everyone I know seems to consider Lena/Kara the canon and endgame pairing anyway, so whatever.

I was a little surprised when DA Guy didn't go Vigilante to bust Dig out, but I guess that'd be a little on the nose. At least this way we know he's good at his job and resourceful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ville Valo posted:

It would be very weird to have Paul "Aging Rapidly" Rudd as a love interest for Supergirl. ... Though everyone I know seems to consider Lena/Kara the canon and endgame pairing anyway, so whatever.

I was a little surprised when DA Guy didn't go Vigilante to bust Dig out, but I guess that'd be a little on the nose. At least this way we know he's good at his job and resourceful.

Paul Rudd is a timeless treasure you monster.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Ville Valo posted:

Though everyone I know seems to consider Lena/Kara the canon and endgame pairing anyway, so whatever.

I keep forgetting that this is a thing that actual people do.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Arrow team goes to Hub City this week, right? I hope it looks appropriately lovely.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Are they actually? Amazing. They inch ever closer to an appearance of the Question.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
A nice detail that hinted toward Laurel being the Earth-2 version was at the party scene when she reaches for the champagne glass first, but then remembers that she's supposed to be an addict and takes the water instead. Felicity sort of raises her eyebrows and then the scene moves on. Just something kind of neat.

I thought the latest episode was cool, and the show is definitely a lot stronger than the past two seasons. As someone who's never really enjoyed Laurel as a character too much, I'm fine with her being dead for realsies on Earth-1. It is pretty neat that they do have the option of bringing Katie Cassidy back though after Flash's inter-dimensional shenanigans. Overall though I'm just surprised at what "fans" of the show will find to bitch about every season. I think the show has always been better when it deviates from the comic books significantly.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I like that the stakes are lower and the big meanie isn't some immortal being threatening to enslave or erase the human race using ancient powers.

FELD1 posted:

I think the show has always been better when it deviates from the comic books significantly.

I think one of the strengths of the entire CW "arrowverse" is that it keeps the comic book feeling and references characters from the comics, and that it maintains the main aspects of the characters without just retelling the old story.
I like that there's a different feel to each of the shows, with Flash battling metahumans and mutant gorillas while wisecracking and Green Arrow brooding while fighting ninjas and magical ninjas. But still, like in comic books where you can have the Punisher fighting alongside your friendly neighborhood Spider-man, you can have Supergirl, Green Arrow, Flash and the Legends of Tomorrow fighting aliens and it doesn't feel "off".
I like that instead of giving us a Superman show and a Batman show they focus on lesser known characters and let them shine in universes where they are the greatest hero.
Basically, it does right so many things that the DC movie universe does wrong.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"It's impossible to live up to the standard of Laurel"

Please post the gifs of Laurel falling down.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Evelyn is gonna be pissed if they add another murderer to the team.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I really hope Felicity's little fan girl is on the level.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
"What would your partner want you to do?" as it turns out is not always the sure way to avoid someone straight up executing the gently caress out of a dude.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

uhhh what about the breaking out of prison thing?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
And here's that title voice over drop.

Aaaaand we have a Diana.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 2, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinah

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dinah Drake :allears:

this has probably been the strongest half season since season 2

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Gotta love the whole "don't kill him" speech after leveling a rooftop full of henchman and dropping a helicopter on a random street.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's loving stooopid.

Can't wait for Oliver to gently caress this up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man, another fantastic episode. Her being Dinah Drake is awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love the giant Telus building in the background of the roof fight.

Who was the woman that gave Oliver the bow? Also I hope that's the end of the flashbacks, like the relationship drama on Flash, it's massively dragging the show down.

Half expected the fangirl to go "Hi I'm Barbara Gordon!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Who was the woman that gave Oliver the bow? Also I hope that's the end of the flashbacks, like the relationship drama on Flash, it's massively dragging the show down.

That's Talia al Ghul.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, Lexa Doig. That accent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hacktivist fangirl was super cute.

Also holy loving poo poo Dinah Drake. That is out of left field and awesome as hell. Where did this fantastic season come from??? Like, the only thing to complain about is that terrible city backdrop in Ollie's office.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The tortured logic people are using to still be mad is ridiculous.

I don't know why they can't just say they like Katie Cassidy and want her to be Black Canary. That's okay, nothing wrong with that reason. You're allowed to like actors. But they always have to twist it into some crazy "but the comics!" mess.

I should stop reading about TV anywhere else.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know why they can't just say they like Katie Cassidy and want her to be Black Canary. That's okay, nothing wrong with that reason. You're allowed to like actors. But they always have to twist it into some crazy "but the comics!" mess.

The majority of comic book fans are whiny babies. Pretty much anywhere else on the internet you want to talk about comics is terrible. BSS is actually the only place I can stand talking to other people about comic books.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Loved Barry showing up to drop off that sticky note
HE'S LEGIT :3:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

The majority of comic book fans are whiny babies. Pretty much anywhere else on the internet you want to talk about comics is terrible. BSS is actually the only place I can stand talking to other people about comic books.

Don't put BSS separate from whiny babies. There are plenty.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I mean it is very https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o only somehow more improbable

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

What? I loving love Katie Cassidy and have been standing up for her since the loving DORITO FACE bullshit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

Don't put BSS separate from whiny babies. There are plenty.

Oh yeah, but it's like at a 2/10 where something like a CBR is like a 40/10.

Rhyno posted:

What? I loving love Katie Cassidy and have been standing up for her since the loving DORITO FACE bullshit.

He's talking about people somewhere else. I guess he's also reading stuff from a site where people are making GBS threads on the new Black Canary for not being the old one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oooooh. I was gonna say, there's probably not a bigger KC cheerleader here than me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked her old face better than her new face. :hipster:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

I mean it is very https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o only somehow more improbable

That's literally Black Canary's backstory anyway, except even more absurd.

'By the way like 10 years ago my mom retired and I took over but I forgot to mention it until now.'

I think a clean slate is a good thing.

It was really nice to see Laurel and Katie Cassidy finally get there after 3 seasons, and it's a shame things went how they did because she was super dedicated to the show, but that was always fitting a square peg in a round hole. Laurel was a CW drama archetype first, and the Black Canary parts were stuck on where they could fit. They lost a lot of the strength of the comic character.

I still don't like that they killed her off, but I like an opportunity to come at the character from the other direction.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dinah's eventual opening of a floral shop had drat well better be accurately portrayed.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Ville Valo posted:

I'm assuming this new Canary will be named Dinah-something.

Ville Valo posted:

Sure, but they never (super rarely) use it. They were pretty clear in their comments over the break that they consider Green Arrow/Black Canary a pairing that's impossible to get away from; I can't imagine they go with an entirely new character and just use the power and moniker. At least, I hope not.

drat, did I call it or what? Knew they couldn't resist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Half points since you didn't get the Drake.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Rocksicles posted:

Man, Lexa Doig. That accent.

Yeah.

That was... awkward.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why, it was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003