Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath Complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Get some names on those pics for credit!

Ugh, thank you! Pictures updated.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

One very dead Drowned in a fashionable white suit! The suit is obviously for the Theme/Challenge.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming white challenge

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Oath Complete

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Friday, Stave and Hooper in February. By Steamforged Games.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I meant to post this a few hours ago, but things got busy at work.

:siren: January is officially over! :siren:

Onwards to February! I'll update the spreadsheet when I get home.

krushgroove posted:

February: It's Oscar season!
technical challenge: in the spirit of Jerry Bruckheimer movies, let's see some explosions! Get creative, use OSL, zenithal type lighting and/or actual lighting!
theme challenge: paint a model that represents or is related to a movie (or TV show)! It doesn't have to be an actual model (e.g., you don't have to paint an actual Captain America or Superman model, but you can paint something in the Captain America or Superman theme & colors)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Weirdo posted:

Oath Complete! Some more orcs and gobbos for my orc army.

5 mawbeasts

Warīhum quwitak!

whoops forgot to claim my white challenge on the fur and cloak :doh:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Oath 352 Macedonian successor pike-men and 2 war elephants - 6mm by Baccus miniatures.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I, Gooch181, oath to paint 5 Space Marine Scouts. 28mm by Games Workshop (Warhammer 40K)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Sky Pirates crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, do oath to paint one Wild Ones crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd!

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Can I oath models still in the box? If not I'll assemble them and reoath.

I, Geisladisk, do solemnly swear in the presence of Goons to assemble and paint a platoon of despicable Nazi paratroopers (Lieutenant, 3x Sergeants, 6x Machinegunners, 6x Machinegunner assistants, 15 Riflemen (31 models in total, Warlord Games, 28mm)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I think the ruling was that we had to be able to see the models themselves, although they could still be on the sprue if you wanted.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Friday, Stave and Hooper in February. By Steamforged Games.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath 352 Macedonian successor pike-men and 2 war elephants - 6mm by Baccus miniatures.

Gooch181 posted:

I, Gooch181, oath to paint 5 Space Marine Scouts. 28mm by Games Workshop (Warhammer 40K)

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Sky Pirates crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd

Signal posted:

I, Signal, do oath to paint one Wild Ones crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd!

Geisladisk posted:

Can I oath models still in the box? If not I'll assemble them and reoath.

I, Geisladisk, do solemnly swear in the presence of Goons to assemble and paint a platoon of despicable Nazi paratroopers (Lieutenant, 3x Sergeants, 6x Machinegunners, 6x Machinegunner assistants, 15 Riflemen (31 models in total, Warlord Games, 28mm)

Approved! Sprue pics'd be preferred but we've accepted sealed boxes and blisters before.

:siren: January's points are in - go check the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=24 and make sure I haven't missed anything! Electric Hobo will likely be doing the prize draw in a week or so. I also hope to finish sorting out the galleries and getting them to the judges this weekend!

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved! Sprue pics'd be preferred but we've accepted sealed boxes and blisters before.

:siren: January's points are in - go check the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=24 and make sure I haven't missed anything! Electric Hobo will likely be doing the prize draw in a week or so. I also hope to finish sorting out the galleries and getting them to the judges this weekend!

I'm not listed as having oathed in January at all. My Drowned was last minute, but still in January.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Schmetterling posted:

I'm not listed as having oathed in January at all. My Drowned was last minute, but still in January.

It's showing up fine for me, maybe there's a caching issue on your end? It was added when I approved your oath on the 29th...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

On the subject of Galleries, September's gallery is now up! I think I just about have the hang of Imgur wrangling now... https://imgur.com/a/luyuW - let me know if anything is missing! Remember that pictures only qualify if they have our name on them, and I tend to trim out things like WIPs and speed painting proofs etc.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Zark the Damned posted:

It's showing up fine for me, maybe there's a caching issue on your end? It was added when I approved your oath on the 29th...

Whoops, it's there now. Must have been an older copy of the spreadsheet saved on my phone.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath five figures - 1 Deadzone rainmaker, 1 Mars Attacks Gorilla Handler, 1 Dungeon Saga Dwarf Bartender, 1 Abyssal dwarf (all Mantic, 28mm), and one Kashan Vra soldier from Titan Forge (28mm).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath five figures - 1 Deadzone rainmaker, 1 Mars Attacks Gorilla Handler, 1 Dungeon Saga Dwarf Bartender, 1 Abyssal dwarf (all Mantic, 28mm), and one Kashan Vra soldier from Titan Forge (28mm).

Approved!

:siren: Galleries for Oct-Dec 2016 are now uploaded :siren: - Go double check your pics are there. https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/

As a reminder pics are only allowed if they have your name on them so the Judges know who submitted your jewel like objects of wonder and can give you some points!

I'll submit these galleries for judgement at the end of the month so you've until then to notify me of any errors.

If you're not bothered by judge points then there's no need to do anything :)

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I missed this until looking in the albums just now - nice dragon lady! Where's she from?

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
It's portrait of a young tiefling bust from darksword miniatures.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I The Moon Monster oath 2 figures for February 2017 - 1 Tethru Musician and 1 Tethru Standard Bearer from Crocodile Games. (28mm).

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I JackMack oath two miniatures: one Hero cop from EM4 miniatures and one "Koksu" from the neuroshima tactics game. Both 28mm

I have converted the big lad with a inquisitor hammer. I scored a pile of neuroshima tactics miniatures off eBay and they are great.

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
I, Seamoose, solemnly oath that I will do a smashing job painting The hand of Judgement and Feora, priestess of the flame. Both models are from privateer press Warmachine line.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I, thespaceinvader, oath one RTSS720*, in 1:270 scale (ish) by... well, me, with bits from 40k, X-Wing, and some model kits.

*the ship model I'm attempting to kitbash is the Ghtroc 720, but this is really more of an artist's impression, so Ridiculous Turtle SpaceShip 720 it is.

E: and yay, my planned paint scheme already fits with the theme for the month so no awkward shoehorning needed.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I oath 5 more Marine Scouts. Woo...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of February

1 Ruined Temple, 1 Eastern Village, and 1 Roman Village by Forged in Battle (15mm)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

A Cluster pack for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames in ridonculos scale.

Batman (Batfleck version) for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ugleb's oath photo made it onto usersub :v:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

I The Moon Monster oath 2 figures for February 2017 - 1 Tethru Musician and 1 Tethru Standard Bearer from Crocodile Games. (28mm).

JackMack posted:

I JackMack oath two miniatures: one Hero cop from EM4 miniatures and one "Koksu" from the neuroshima tactics game. Both 28mm

I have converted the big lad with a inquisitor hammer. I scored a pile of neuroshima tactics miniatures off eBay and they are great.

Seamoose posted:

I, Seamoose, solemnly oath that I will do a smashing job painting The hand of Judgement and Feora, priestess of the flame. Both models are from privateer press Warmachine line.

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader, oath one RTSS720*, in 1:270 scale (ish) by... well, me, with bits from 40k, X-Wing, and some model kits.

*the ship model I'm attempting to kitbash is the Ghtroc 720, but this is really more of an artist's impression, so Ridiculous Turtle SpaceShip 720 it is.

E: and yay, my planned paint scheme already fits with the theme for the month so no awkward shoehorning needed.

Uroboros posted:

I oath 5 more Marine Scouts. Woo...

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of February

1 Ruined Temple, 1 Eastern Village, and 1 Roman Village by Forged in Battle (15mm)

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

A Cluster pack for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames in ridonculos scale.

Batman (Batfleck version) for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Approved!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for February:

1 Reaper Druid guy for Frostgrave (this will be my rescue model)
2 Soldier dudes for Frostgrave from Northstar
1 trooper model for Rogue Stars from Raging Heroes

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I, counterspin, oath a Meat Thresher, Privateer Press, Minions. The grinding wheel is still grey because it needs to be patched with greenstuff before it can be primed.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

NTRabbit posted:

Ugleb's oath photo made it onto usersub :v:

I'm not even sure what that means, did I accidentally win the Internets?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, oath three space marines and one sorcerous terminator for February (GW, 28mm)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath three space marines and one sorcerous terminator for February (GW, 28mm)

Like a family photo :3:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
It's an important moment for the family - I get those three marines painted, and I can finally run two tactical squads, and so pretty much any Rite of War I like. Only taken me a year!

The sorcerer is more of an awkward uncle, I'm painting him just for the fun of it, although the next Horus Heresy book might make daemon summoning a useful skill.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
We know that book 8 is going to have expanded 30k daemon rules so hopefully Death Guard will be able to summon some nasties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath two M4 Sherman Tanks (1/56 Warlord/Italeri)

• Locked thread