Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

way to go steve posted:

So I cleared out four of the mote dungeons, but what the gently caress is up with ifrit? The stars align long enough to set up magic break, full break, shell and wall, and he's still hitting with 2-3k+ firajas and meteors. I don't have synergy gear, but cmon.

Ahriman was close, took almost all my resources. Killed the fire spirit thing while just ignoring the ogres. Dunno what I'm gonna do in two weeks to deal with ifrit though.

Power creep is loving real, I just used my Imperil Holy team and beat the poo poo out of Ifrit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

1st AD posted:

Power creep is loving real, I just used my Imperil Holy team and beat the poo poo out of Ifrit.

I believe it. I get the impression that I've been able to punch well above my weight so far, on the back of wall and raines bsb. Ifrit seems like my reality check, where my synergy-less level 65s with no resist gear just can't hack it anymore.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I forgot to equip fire resist gear, but it doesn't matter because Minfilia's Last Stand + Lenna's BSB reraise + Yshtola's wall ensured I never died, leaving Agrias and Celes to beat up Ifrit.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Alright, my FFVIII synergy has improved massively to the point where I've got synergy weapons and armor for everyone, I've got Chain Blizzaga nice and honed, and I've got Dreamstage and Sorceress's Awakening. Time to tear Ifrit a ne-

METEOR
METEOR
METEOR

:tif:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

U-DO Burger posted:

Alright, my FFVIII synergy has improved massively to the point where I've got synergy weapons and armor for everyone, I've got Chain Blizzaga nice and honed, and I've got Dreamstage and Sorceress's Awakening. Time to tear Ifrit a ne-

METEOR
METEOR
METEOR

:tif:

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Dreamstage is the only Magic Blink FF8 has, meaning a Cid's Mission run will always be stupidly RNG. If he decides to drop two Meteors in a row (or three in a row with mblink up), you just die, end of story.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So what's the ETA on the 2nd Anniversary banners? I'm at 50 mythril right now and I'll probably pull on IV for a shot at Golbez' BSB (and just because my IV synergy sucks), and I kiiiiinda want to pull on VIII, but I also want to make sure I've got some mythril to throw at the anniversary banners because it sounds like they're going to be pretty loaded. I'm also assuming there's going to be at least one or two more lucky banners between now and then.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
End of March is what ive been hearing. Plenty of mythril.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
The game was released on March 26th which pretty much puts it an even three months after the winter spectacular. How the festivities will overlap with that date is up in the air but I would assume anywhere from March 16th to April 6th or so to be possible dates when the Anniversary is happening.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Festivals are always the same time, they happen every three months like clockwork. End of March, June, September, December. We're at least 7 weeks away from it, so you can estimate we'll get close to 200 more mythril between now and then, not counting the 50 mythril gift that Japan got on the day of the anniversary.

But don't forget to account for the 3 lucky draws Japan got while budgeting. At 25 mythril apiece, you're taking 75 off the top of whatever amount you're calculating.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
But they also got a bunch of extra login mythril and at least 50 mythril just handed out on top of that.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Yea it's probably reasonable to assume that the special draws will be covered by login bonuses and orbfest clear mythril rewards.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

kalensc posted:

Yea it's probably reasonable to assume that the special draws will be covered by login bonuses and orbfest clear mythril rewards.

Oh right, forgot about the orbfest. :downs: Still, don't budget that lump 50 mythril gift to something else because you definitely don't want to overspend and miss a lucky draw.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Oh right, forgot about the orbfest. :downs: Still, don't budget that lump 50 mythril gift to something else because you definitely don't want to overspend and miss a lucky draw.

Don't count on spending that 50 mythril on the lucky draws at all, because it comes after they do. The three lucky draws were 1 day only, and occurred on the 3 days before the actual festival started. The 50 mythril dungeon was on the first day of the festival.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
With us getting another Cid tomorrow I'm still hoping someday for a Cidstravaganza. An event about all Cids all the time.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I know I have enough stuff to do all the content except for select CMs but I need more MORE

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I don't have to worry about Lucky Draws messing with my mythril budget.

Because I buy gems for them. :negative:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't forget to :frogsiren:SPEND YOUR STAMINA BEFORE MAINTENANCE!:frogsiren:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Schwartzcough posted:

Thursday maintenance best maintenance.

Screw you white orbs. :argh:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Attestant posted:

Thursday maintenance best maintenance.

Screw you white orbs. :argh:

Hey, maybe we'll get the Gyshal Greens daily with the update, now that the FFIX greens bonus dungeon thing has been done. PS the gyshal greens daily is still bad.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

How long is maintenance anyway? all day?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Combo posted:

How long is maintenance anyway? all day?

It's usually starts at the Daily Dungeon switch, and ends when we'd get the login rewards.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

I didn't feel like grinding today so I'll have all 176 stamina when maintenance begins :smugdog:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

U-DO Burger posted:

I didn't feel like grinding today so I'll have all 176 stamina when maintenance begins :smugdog:

you monster

(edit) Took care of some business before maintenance hits:

Completely ignored any and all boss mechanics. Just blew it up with some 4* summons and total of +60% Mag

Attestant fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 2, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sharpshooter is FINALLY getting a new 5* skill in Japan - Icicle Shoot is basically Sapphire Shot but Ice. That means Laguna can finally make use of his own Imperil-Ice.

I mean, too bad Fran's USB immediately outclasses it (AoE Ice/Dark, Imperil Ice, party Quickcast 2), but hey, it's the thought that counts.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What is getting updated in this maintenance?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

fridge corn posted:

What is getting updated in this maintenance?

Unknown as of yet. Good guess would be increased Atk softcap, and if we're lucky, new daily dungeons.

And of course, the usual upcoming banner translations and such.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's new stamps for multiplayer and atk buffs for cloud and cyan

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

MC3s coming tonight with the IV event

Memory Crystal IIIs available for the following heroes:
・Echo
・Leila
・Ingus
・Rydia
・Faris
・Locke
・Tifa
・Quistis
・Vivi
・Lulu
・Gabranth
・Fang
・Alphinaud

Also the ATK softcap has been raised

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Beasteh posted:

・Alphinaud

YESSSSS

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
What are the level 99 RMs for those MC3s

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Beasteh posted:

・Ingus

FINALLY

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just noticed that I have six unused MC III's, good lord.

What are the best RMs from those? I've basically covered all my "A-Team" already so I may as well start getting the best RMs. I already have Edge up to 95 or so for his.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I just noticed that I have six unused MC III's, good lord.

What are the best RMs from those? I've basically covered all my "A-Team" already so I may as well start getting the best RMs. I already have Edge up to 95 or so for his.

According to this Reddit thread TG Cid's lvl 99 RM is really good.

Most other MC3 RMs are just "more higher % modifier", so find the ones for the weapon/ability/element types that your team(s) use the most. Check Enlir's Database Spreadsheet to figure out which ones you want and who gives it. The strongest ones are generally the ability type ones, as they are +40% damage whereas weapon type or elemental are only +30%.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

finally, a stamp I can spam sarcastically

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Beasteh posted:

MC3s coming tonight with the IV event

・Quistis

Because she isn't already Queen Shitkicker enough, she needs to be level 99 to boot. Hell yea. :science:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

I'm lazy and made a half-assed attempt at the Red Spirit mote. It did not work.

Mog/Mako
Tyro Wall, Phantasm, Full Break
Eiko Shellga, Healing, BSB

Battleforged/Ace Striker:
Alphanerd - Protectga, Waterja to build SB until BSB
Ashe - RW Alphanerd BSB, Maduin/Ruinga for before/after RW BSB
Quistis - also RW Alphanerd BSB, Meteor and Darkra for before/after RW BSB

It gets me close to killing the spirit but not enough. Do you have to kill the Ogres too?

I'm guessing if I just swapped out Cid BSB instead that'd be enough to win, right?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

bilperkins2 posted:

I'm lazy and made a half-assed attempt at the Red Spirit mote. It did not work.

Mog/Mako
Tyro Wall, Phantasm, Full Break
Eiko Shellga, Healing, BSB

Battleforged/Ace Striker:
Alphanerd - Protectga, Waterja to build SB until BSB
Ashe - RW Alphanerd BSB, Maduin/Ruinga for before/after RW BSB
Quistis - also RW Alphanerd BSB, Meteor and Darkra for before/after RW BSB

It gets me close to killing the spirit but not enough. Do you have to kill the Ogres too?

I'm guessing if I just swapped out Cid BSB instead that'd be enough to win, right?

Yes, you have to kill the ogres.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Well that was lucky as hell. Roasted Mote Ifrit on my first try - he didn't use Meteor a single time.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Does anyone else here run two white mages regularly? Having Y'shtola and Vanille BSBs has given me so much leeway in beating straight forward DPS battles (I don't have the abilities hones to deal with a lot of Nightmare boss puzzles). I lack faithgas though.

I plowed through all the mote dungeons last night with surprisingly little trouble. Ifrit got me a little nervous since I had to rely on Moonfrost Arrows RW and it left him with about 20% hp left, but putting battle forge RM on Vanille makes you almost unkillable once she gets her BSB going. Meanwhile Y'shtola uses wall, but throwing in Asylum near the end of battle generally ensures everyone's going to live through random boss spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
So kind of against my own advice, I took one last pull on tactics1. It got me a healing staff and kaiser shield! I know those were mostly booby prizes for long timers, but I'm excited to actually have a medica, and another strong piece of reverse wall.

Don't really care about not getting anything for orlandu, seems like there will be plenty of chances there. Really would've liked agrias' bsb, looks like that won't make around again for a long while and I like her character.

There's a couple cool looking things on ff4, but I may just pass and save. Now I need levels more than anything.

• Locked thread