Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

But... I feel longing at 3:12am! When a 10k spike must exist! How can I resist the lure of being that "anomalous spike we can't explain" ??? :homebrew:

Fight it! Let not the Ruinous Powers corrupt your soul! Look to the power of the God-Emperor of Man! In him you will be safe! RESIST THE BLANDISHMENTS OF CHAOS! THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

(Why, yes, I have been reading WH40K novels again, why do you ask?)

(Besides, you are too cool to be a backer.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

that was actually him being a huge loving liar which apparently worked since that's how people remember it now.

Originally, during all the backlash when the ship actually came out he went and came back with a response about how an artist had decided to make changes to the model without telling anyone so of course he didn't know.

We roasted that as him obviously not knowing what's going on, and them selling a two seat ship that spent months in development as a single seat with nobody apparently noticing or caring it wasn't the concept ship they sold everyone.

Then, months later, he came and said "the guy in charge quit a long time ago and nobody can answer the question" which is apparently all anyone remembers anymore, absolving Ben of his blame at being a clueless "Master of Ships"

It's that kind of poo poo that makes it hard to feel bad for that guy. He knows he is not being honest with people with that nonsense. I wonder what his perception of Chris is now since he has been able to actually work with him. I would be curious to know if Chris has ever gone off on him or if they treat Ben like the shop pet mascot. What is the saying? "Burn your idols early"?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

By the same luminary as: Xanthippe, a Comedy

Gregory Mantell posted:

A Note to Literary Critics Everywhere (Intelligent Readers Can Skip This Part)

Xanthippe is not a play about a shrew, or a taming of a shrew. It is, in fact, a comic dialog, an anti-dialog--a parody of Plato's Symposium and Plato's dialogs in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgqWWAZWL0

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 2, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lladre posted:

Didn't he also say he played through all of SQ42?

When I read that I assumed they meant loading the levels from the console, and traversing each map. The levels exist, but they are in varying states of completion. You don't need final art, mission scripting, or AI to walk across a map.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Fight it! Let not the Ruinous Powers corrupt your soul! Look to the power of the God-Emperor of Man! In him you will be safe! RESIST THE BLANDISHMENTS OF CHAOS! THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

(Why, yes, I have been reading WH40K novels again, why do you ask?)

(Besides, you are too cool to be a backer.)

gently caress it. I am finally going to ask after all these years. What is WH40K about?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lladre posted:

I think so, that might actually be the best one.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

don't forget literally crying at the admiral bishop speech

Everyone cried at that, that's not an accomplishment.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

DapperDon posted:

gently caress it. I am finally going to ask after all these years. What is WH40K about?

It's about a guy who is a Whale Harpponer of Whales over $40,000 - Chris is a Master of it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

lending further weight to the 'sandi is just a count olaf character' theory

:lol:

I really loved the movie and the Netflix show is pretty good. I have to wait a week for my gf to get home so we can finish watching the rest of it, and it's pissing me off because I want to watch it.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lladre posted:

I never forgot he said that. And what I find alarming and probably shouldn't is that we all know SQ42 in demo as well as full release, was due in 2016. Didn't happen. So here we are 2017 and that TZ dirty hippy guy comes out in front of the camera and says they are halfway through finalizing ideas for the tool to make the AI. No tool, no AI development. Right? I hope I am not missing anything so far. Because you guys here that know this poo poo do a really great job of teaching someone like me that knows nothing about development to be able to understand the concept and practices really well. So here is where I need some clarification, does AI come before content creation or is it something that can run independently during development and dropped in later on the assets that are needed?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Kosumo posted:

It's about a guy who is a Whale Harpponer of Whales over $40,000 - Chris is a Master of it.

:golfclap:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

DapperDon posted:

Getting that fat nerd money.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

scrubs season six posted:

I really loved the movie and the Netflix show is pretty good. I have to wait a week for my gf to get home so we can finish watching the rest of it, and it's pissing me off because I want to watch it.

nph for a golden globe

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

Getting that fat nerd money.

but enough about star citizen

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fat Shat Sings posted:

We roasted that as him obviously not knowing what's going on, and them selling a two seat ship that spent months in development as a single seat with nobody apparently noticing or caring it wasn't the concept ship they sold everyone.

Seems oddly similar to the "Illfonic spent 12 months and many millions of dollars making an FPS and then we realized none of it would work with the poo poo we had."

Whoops! Sorry!

Makes me think about paying taxes. I like to think that all my taxes go to providing down on their luck families with enough food to feed their children. Other people might like to think all their taxes go to buying 1/47th of a cruise missile to keep our country safe.

I like to think that my SC pledge went to paying 1/10,000th of the Illfonic bill for which CIG received nearly nothing useful since CIG are incompetent morons.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:gary:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

being in a committed loving relationship is great but having a second wheel has truly hampered my tv bingewatching

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheAgent posted:

nph for a golden globe

He's super good but I'm not yet sure I prefer him to Carey. And I don't really like Carey (I'm the sort that liked the Truman show but thinks Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura and most of his stuff is dumb as poo poo).

NPH gets big bonus points for singing the intro though.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

TheAgent posted:

I'm going to request 6 apple fritters and two pints of cream as my bedside doctor approved suicide

i hope its a suppository

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

being in a committed loving relationship is great but having a second wheel has truly hampered my tv bingewatching

You should watch The Flash, like me, because no woman gives a poo poo about it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

alf_pogs posted:

what is it a series of tubes?
more of a cloaca

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

You should watch The Flash, like me, because no woman gives a poo poo about it.

not true, flash discussions abound, even legends get some traction

also I met the guy play kid flash last year in west Hollywood, guy cool af

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
please excuse my posting, double fisting tequila and caddy margaritas

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm posting just so you can post again without triple posting.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

TheAgent posted:

:clownballoon:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheAgent posted:

This grizzled old geologist I used to work with would give me poo poo for drinking cadillac margs while he was drinking Budweiser. I'd start explaining to him that his beer was like 3.2% alcohol and my marg was at least 15%. He would happily ignore me while trying to shove one of those little umbrellas that he pulled out of the bar service caddy into my drink.

He actually just died a month ago. RIP Clint. I will pour out Budweiser piss water in your name forever after.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

not true, flash discussions abound, even legends get some traction

also I met the guy play kid flash last year in west Hollywood, guy cool af

get drunk and post some explosive new leaks or something

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Shouldn't it be 'e'se?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Imagine waking up to find out that the game you spent $10,000 on won't have the features a $25 game does

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Xaerael posted:

Imagine waking up to find out that the game you spent $10,000 on won't have the features a $25 game does

imagine your shock when you realise that it's the fault of one big-mouthed blog-writin' old indie developer

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Solved.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

get drunk and post some explosive new leaks or something
I just had an explosive new leak and it was relieving af

meanwhile I literally wearing a sombrero and having a good time with some nice people who p much don't care about space games

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gently caress one of the servers just asked me if I'm posting about SC again

Jesus Christ

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

alf_pogs posted:

imagine your shock when you realise that it's the fault of one big-mouthed blog-writin' old indie developer

What if Derek was never brought up, ever?

Just had a thought. What if Derek didn't get the ban and refund treatment, and these idiots at CIG weren't so stupid aggressive by basically banning people for just asking people questions, forcing their own indie underdog narrative bullshit image, and maybe not hiring socially maladjusted, desperate, petty, completely unqualified people like Ben Lesnick...

It would still be the great scam, but holy poo poo, all the negative posters here would've been reported and banned.

I was actually thinking about giving this company money at one point, because I played the poo poo out of Freelancer.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 2, 2017

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Wait, what, holy gently caress, this guy is connected with Tickle Me Sandi? He is the host of an astonishing "Internet talk show" that rivals local access cable fare for sheer cheesiness.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

What if Derek was never brought up, ever?

Just had a thought. What if Derek didn't get the ban and refund treatment, and these idiots at CIG weren't so stupid aggressive by basically banning people for just asking people questions, forcing their own indie underdog narrative bullshit image, and maybe not hiring socially maladjusted, desperate, petty, completely unqualified people like Ben Lesnick...

It would still be the great scam, but holy poo poo, all the negative posters here would've been reported and banned.

I was actually thinking about giving this company money at one point, because I played the poo poo out of Freelancer.

CIG's own gently caress ups, misguided self owns and terrible PR are what broughht us all in here. MoMA included. Makes u think.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

TheAgent posted:

Jesus Christ

Did the server used to work at CIG too?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Xaerael posted:

CIG's own gently caress ups, misguided self owns and terrible PR are what broughht us all in here. MoMA included. Makes u think.

It was the Gary Oldman Air horn by peter garbriel that made me want to be here.

Made me laugh for days

:gary: Paaaarrrrp

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Fargin Icehole posted:

Thinking Chris Roberts had anything substantial to do with Freelancer is the first mistake many commandos make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Jesus Christ

Tell him you just browsed the store to be sure to not miss a quick ship sale.