Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If you can tolerate dubbed audio, watch The 3% on Netflix. It's a Brazilian show about a dystopian future society where 3% of the population gets to live in some unforeseen promise land when they turn 20 if they pass a series of tests.

It's low budget, but interesting.

Sounds like there is a Logan's Run-type twist in there somewhere. I'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lisa The vegetarian is extremely good.

I also really really like the episode where Bleeding Gums dies. And the one where Lisa becomes Homer's football gambling buddy.

I really like early-Simpsons era Lisa

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every episode of season 3-9 or 10 of the Simpsons is great. I think the episode I gave up on the show over was either the horse jockey one or the one where Homer gets raped by a panda.

Grittybeard posted:

I choose to think of Tom Hanks as no one but Streebeck from Dragnet personally.

Same except Buffy from Bosom Buddies.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 1, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm glad we're still discussing TV shows.

I'm gonna bring up something from my childhood that I still enjoy: The original Transformers cartoon. Come at me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Lisa The vegetarian is extremely good.

I also really really like the episode where Bleeding Gums dies. And the one where Lisa becomes Homer's football gambling buddy.

I really like early-Simpsons era Lisa

I think one of my favorite Lisa episodes is Lisa on Ice.

I don't know why, but this is my favorite scene in The Simpsons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhn_AyrpDI

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

I'm gonna bring up something from my childhood that I still enjoy: The original Transformers cartoon. Come at me.

Transformers: the Movie ruined everything. Maybe it's great, I don't know, all I know is if you were a kid and your parents wouldn't pay money for you to go see that movie you were totally lost. Like all of a sudden no one you know is around, there's this annoying dude who talks fast, Optimus Prime is gone, the Dinobots go from godlike to loving relics overnight. All because someone needed new toys to sell :argh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Looks like the good version got taken down by Sony but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2Dvzadhvk

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Grittybeard posted:

Transformers: the Movie ruined everything. Maybe it's great, I don't know, all I know is if you were a kid and your parents wouldn't pay money for you to go see that movie you were totally lost. Like all of a sudden no one you know is around, there's this annoying dude who talks fast, Optimus Prime is gone, the Dinobots go from godlike to loving relics overnight. All because someone needed new toys to sell :argh:

My dad took me the day it opened because he liked them too. His favorite was Omega Supreme. I cried when Optimus Prime died, but Megatron was always my favorite.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Transformers movie was hot garbage and I still carry a grudge to this day

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Let's fight!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

That's because transformers is a trash franchise

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
he said "transformers" not "titans"

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

he said "transformers" not "titans"

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If you can tolerate dubbed audio, watch The 3% on Netflix. It's a Brazilian show about a dystopian future society where 3% of the population gets to live in some unforeseen promise land when they turn 20 if they pass a series of tests.

It's low budget, but interesting.

My man. I somehow stumbled upon this the other night and watched like 5 episodes.

Not bad at all.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's funny how some people thought cape feare was when the simpsons collapse started (re: the rake scene)

reading people bitch about classic episodes when they first aired is amazing

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Metapod posted:

That's because transformers is a trash franchise

I thought we were cool Metapod. It's on now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sorry you like movies with shameful treatments of Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Sorry you like movies with shameful treatments of Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream.

Are we on the same page here? Are you talking live-action or the cartoon movie from 1986?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The cartoon? Where like half the autobots die uncerimoniously Optimus dies and megatron and starscream are also killed off for nonreason

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

The cartoon? Where like half the autobots die uncerimoniously Optimus dies and megatron and starscream are also killed off for nonreason

Well Starscream finally got what he deserved...!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Princess and the Frog is underrated as a Disney musical.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bad Moon posted:

Also the girl autobot has boobs for some reason

And making Hot Rod the new leader was about as 80-90s as it gets, plus turning him into a camper trailer

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Transformers movie was the first movie I can remember with cursing in it.
e: the 1986 cartoon movie, it definitely wasn't the first movie with swearing I saw but it was supposed to be a kids movie so my parents being shocked because of "oh poo poo!" seared it into my brain because I thought I got away with something.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 2, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The events of the last less-than-two weeks have convinced me: I will die before the Lions win the Super Bowl.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shangri-Law School posted:

The events of the last less-than-two weeks have convinced me: I will die before the Lions win the Super Bowl.

hell, you may die before the Patriots win another

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shangri-Law School posted:

My Lions fan roommate is jumping ship to the Raiders because of that exact reason. I blame Trevor Siemian for why he's not a Broncos fan. :eng99:

evilweasel posted:

hell, you may die before the Patriots win another

He's not gonna die in the next 3 days dude

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He's not gonna die in the next 3 days dude

Wierd way to say in the next year.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grittybeard posted:

I choose to think of Tom Hanks as no one but Streebeck from Dragnet personally.

:hfive: that movie rules

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My Lions fan roommate is jumping ship to the Raiders because of that exact reason.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but I hope it's not a frying pan - > oven thing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
:gary: i need an Adderal/Xanax combo at work right now

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yo if this loving lovely fire emblem mobile game doesn't come out in America soon I'm going to choke someone

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
No you won't

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You don't know me bruh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Zima can make a man do crazy things.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
They don't even Zima anymore.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

A Man and his dog posted:

They still have it in Japan.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Bad Moon posted:

Get the gently caress out if this isn't one of the greatest blaze of glory endings for any character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7GeisRaias

You got the Touch!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have 0 desire to work today. Wish my boss would go home so can do nothing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

Pffffft...like he doesn't have a bomb shelter full of the stuff...

BlindSite posted:

Me too sir. Me too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BlindSite posted:

This is me every day, except I work from home where my boss can't see me and that's why I have made 32817 posts and have this wonderful new custom title.

• Locked thread