Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Oh boy I hope he calls marci turk a oval office again and then makes a godfather reference. Take that censorship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
@artiequitter please disregard these tweets. Bill called me and said I'm getting paid. He's a great person. Someone hosed up

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, I REALLY hope this makes it to YouTube or Soundcloud or somewhere.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man Artie is pathetic

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

Man Artie is pathetic

Yes, true, but I gotta hear it nonetheless :munch:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

BobbyK posted:

Oh boy I hope he calls marci turk a oval office again and then makes a godfather reference. Take that censorship

I will also go out on a limb and say Artie will wheeze a lot, laugh at his own jokes, and not talk properly on mic half the time.

Does Artie have any real content on his podcast or is it all "gently caress Howard" for the 50th time? He might rehash it because it's the only semi-interesting thing that will get listeners. Even Joe Rogan does some good interviews and knows when to shut up about drugs and MMA.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Man Artie is pathetic

Has anybody posted the trailer for the new HBO show, Crashing? It looks like he gets a lot of screen time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vPbiStGAg

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Haven't seen it mentioned, but I just finished listening to yesterday's show and Sour Shoes semi-explained why he went missing (in voices). Turns out he was able to track down the phone number to the Clinton home and managed to eventually reach Bill Clinton. The Secret Service ended up coming in to investigate him and while that cleared up, his parents were obviously pissed and put tight controls over when and how he could use the phone. Seeing as how he still hangs up randomly, something tells me they are still tracking him and he needs to dump the calls when he thinks they might be coming...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lifespan posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I just finished listening to yesterday's show and Sour Shoes semi-explained why he went missing (in voices). Turns out he was able to track down the phone number to the Clinton home and managed to eventually reach Bill Clinton. The Secret Service ended up coming in to investigate him and while that cleared up, his parents were obviously pissed and put tight controls over when and how he could use the phone. Seeing as how he still hangs up randomly, something tells me they are still tracking him and he needs to dump the calls when he thinks they might be coming...

:stare:

"Well... well, he's a creative guy..."

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Lifespan posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I just finished listening to yesterday's show and Sour Shoes semi-explained why he went missing (in voices). Turns out he was able to track down the phone number to the Clinton home and managed to eventually reach Bill Clinton. The Secret Service ended up coming in to investigate him and while that cleared up, his parents were obviously pissed and put tight controls over when and how he could use the phone.

Now I'm hearing Langford's angry retort in Bill Clinton's voice.

"Sour... I whant yew to go to jael for this"

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Senator Melendez: Mr. Puh puh puh puh puh resident ent ent...what diiiiiiiiid you do with the the the the Money?
President Trump: What money?
Senator Melendez: The The The The the The The muh uh uh uhney your parents gave you for preh eh eh eh ehsident lessons!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Since the presidential Press Secretary takes skype calls now, maybe Richard & Sal can get on their from 'Sirius News'

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Can't wait to hear the Surgeon General be asked about Ethel's nephew learning to pump off.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo can't wait for that new Artie podcast. Artie gonna loving RIP the show a new rear end in a top hat with the guy who got Howard a baked potato 22 years ago. Killer poo poo.

Can't wait for a special appearance by Eddie the Produce Guy next week - maybe Artie will call Marci Turk a oval office!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

kylej posted:

Holy poo poo can't wait for that new Artie podcast. Artie gonna loving RIP the show a new rear end in a top hat with the guy who got Howard a baked potato 22 years ago. Killer poo poo.

Can't wait for a special appearance by Eddie the Produce Guy next week - maybe Artie will call Marci Turk a oval office!

(wheeze, cough, fake laugh)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

(wheeze, cough, fake laugh)

Walk to Schenectady in a weekend... but seriously, I do want to hear this...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I don't really have the hate boner for Artie others do but I do like hearing people speak about the show beyond the facade that Howard tries desperately to maintain where everyone is happy and having fun.

I think Artie is a very flawed person with his own issues but the thing about all that is nobody is talking about his issues because that's dumb and boring and nobody cares. Peeling back the curtain on Howard is always fascinating, though, because he cares so unbelievably much about his image.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 2, 2017

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I'll definitely still listen because it's interesting to think he might have some inside information.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Peeling back the curtain on Howard is always fascinating, though, because he cares so unbelievably much about his image.

Yup, I'm looking forward to it. Is it still pay only?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't really have the hate boner for Artie others do but I do like hearing people speak about the show beyond the facade that Howard tries desperately to maintain where everyone is happy and having fun.

I think Artie is a very flawed person with his own issues but the thing about all that is nobody is talking about his issues because that's dumb and boring and nobody cares. Peeling back the curtain on Howard is always fascinating, though, because he cares so unbelievably much about his image.

:same:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

I just listened to the new Artie podcast. It's a complete waste of your time. I'll summarise it for you all -

Grillo is on, but he barely gets two words in. Artie seriously needs a filter or a co-host who will stop him from going on extended, unfunny tangents.

Grillo is banned from the show as well, because he badmouthed Howard online. He was told to leave the Sirius building when he went to meet Robin for lunch.

Artie retracts what he said about Marci Turk stealing Gary's office. She took Tracy's old office after she left and now Gary has to share an office.

He confirms what a guy on Reddit has been saying about Marci Turk banging two of the guys on the show (Steve Brandano and a guy on the tapes team called Ben), she needed to go see Human Resources.

Artie spends half the podcast doing a very unfunny impression of Ralph that goes on forever. He makes jokes about Ralph having something on Howard.

They play Stuttering John's Senate tape and goof on it. John says that he wants to stop bullying of transgender kids in schools. Grillo tells stories about how John was a huge bully on the show, to the point where the two of them almost got into a fight on Grillo's first day. Artie tells stories about John being disgusting.

There is a really annoying kid on the show who Artie keeps interacting with.

So yeah, if you were expecting some new revelations or criticisms, then it is just more of the same poo poo that Artie has been saying for months now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thanks mate

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"Peeling back the curtain" implies some sort of truth will be revealed. Artie is a loser junkie liar.

Honestly, I still find it strange the way some Stern fans (not in this thread) treat Marci Turk. "Wealthy performer in his mid 60s hires individual to make his staff look and act more professional" is for some reason treated like Retarded Watergate by longtime fans.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He confirms what a guy on Reddit has been saying about Marci Turk banging two of the guys on the show (Steve Brandano and a guy on the tapes team called Ben), she needed to go see Human Resources.

They play Stuttering John's Senate tape and goof on it. John says that he wants to stop bullying of transgender kids in schools. Grillo tells stories about how John was a huge bully on the show, to the point where the two of them almost got into a fight on Grillo's first day. Artie tells stories about John being disgusting.

Those two things sound interesting enough. (I love hearing people poo poo on Stuttering John.) I might check this out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

:j:"Hi, this is Marci Turk, and I'd like to apologize for what certain people think to be offensive and wrong. What I was simply trying to do was have sex. Whether it was with guys from the wrap up show, the tapes dept, the newsroom, or whatever, it doesn't matter. What I've learned is that when you undress someone else, you need to undress those you don't work with. I was simply taking a poke.

I sincerely apologize for those who I offended, including those who I didn't have sex with."

:j:"I mean, why do I have to have a meeting? They slept with their boss, they should have the meeting. Ugh. This is so ridiculous.

:banjo: "Yeah, now you really can't do that haunted house bit."

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm in no way trying to put this on her because she's female... if it came out that Ronnie, or JD, or literally anyone else had to go to HR for the same thing, I would have written something similarly. Just... just want to put that out there. The show might suck more now because of her, but I don't have Artie's level of dislike towards her, not even close.

You work for the show, you're gonna get goofed on. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 2, 2017

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think this is the last thread that's gonna have a mob try to pop you on dumb gender politics stuff, my sweet summer child :angel:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

I think this is the last thread that's gonna have a mob try to pop you on dumb gender politics stuff, my sweet summer child :angel:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

We're too busy teaching our grandkids how to pump off.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

kylej posted:

"Peeling back the curtain" implies some sort of truth will be revealed. Artie is a loser junkie liar.

Honestly, I still find it strange the way some Stern fans (not in this thread) treat Marci Turk. "Wealthy performer in his mid 60s hires individual to make his staff look and act more professional" is for some reason treated like Retarded Watergate by longtime fans.

The fact that he's able to confirm stuff that one reddit poster talks about is good enough for me.

Turk was engaged to Brandano and is now married to that Ben person and had to go to HR for it :laffo:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey man, just wanna make sure.

I mean, I'm no Sal.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

The fact that he's able to confirm stuff that one reddit poster talks about is good enough for me.

Turk was engaged to Brandano and is now married to that Ben person and had to go to HR for it :laffo:

Ben Barto? She's married to him?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

Brandano the guy who was Artie's assistant?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

Brandano the guy who was Artie's assistant?

No, that was Teddy.

This is Steve Brandano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAgnonqp18

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No, that was Teddy.

This is Steve Brandano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVAgnonqp18

I think I confused him with Teddy because I remember Artie pronouncing his name as "Brandidino".

edit: :lol: Gange is such a douchebag. Some things never change.

prefect fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 2, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

I think I confused him with Teddy because I remember Artie pronouncing his name as "Brandidino".

edit: :lol: Gange is such a douchebag. Some things never change.

Check out the fight between Steve and Howard over the dating game where the girl chose Howard over others. Steve mentioned something about how the girl knew Howard was as famous as he was, and that's how he won over Will Murray or Jared or someone, and Howard loses it. But Steve is also a whiny douche, so...

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I just listened to the new Artie podcast. It's a complete waste of your time. I'll summarise it for you all -

Glad I didn't heed this advice because it was funny, especially the part where he was ripping on John. It was an enjoyable listen on my way to work this morning. But yeah, not much about Howard.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

some guy on the bus posted:

But yeah, not much about Howard.

I REALLY want that person from Reddit to get a podcast.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Anyone have a link to the Artie podcast?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Lifespan posted:

Anyone have a link to the Artie podcast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whi9_Fj1rx8

Despite the stupid title, it's actually not that crazy and nothing he hasn't said before. Still good though and still deserved. It's only Howard talk in about the first 10 minutes. Towards the end, he makes fun of John running for Senate.

It was more anti-Howard and more brutal when Artie had Jackie on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Artie spends half the podcast doing a very unfunny impression of Ralph that goes on forever.

This can NOT be overstated. Holy loving poo poo.

He also wheeze-laughs after every single unfunny thing he says, and all of his random podcast crew also laughs. It is the cringiest thing I think I've ever heard.