Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here's a mini-review of the games in the Party Pack.

Quiplash 2 - As shown in the trailer. Basically you get asked a question and must submit an answer. Very very good party game. The new version also allows you to submit your own questions, and play other peoples creations as well. So you can have a set of Nintendo themed questions for example.

Trivia Murder Party - It's like You Don't Know Jack.. if it were a race.. kinda hard to explain, but it's mainly trivia and an alright addition to the pack. If you get a question wrong you get 'murdered', once everybody except 1 person is murdered it switches to a trivia speed round at the end where you can come back if you keep answering questions correctly and win. Def has some legs too it if you like trivia. Kinda of a weird setup though and hard to explain. Trailer below.

Guesspionage - Basically has you asked a question like "What percentage of home consoles are Nintendo?" You guess a percentage, then everybody else guesses higher or lower. Points awarded for closest to the correct answer. It's fairly mild and tame tho.

Tee K.O. - You submit a set of drawings, then you submit a set of slogans. They get randomised up with everybody elses and you have to select the best ones. Each shirt is then set in a match against each other until you have a winner. Very very very good game. Surprise gem of the pack.

Fakin’ It - One person is the imposter and you have to guess what it is. The rest of the team get asked questions like "Make the face you had when you stub your toe against the counter", the imposter gets a prompt like "Make a silly face" that's kiiiiiiiinda like the prompt and they have to blend in. You then vote who you think the imposter is, goes for a couple of rounds and the imposter wins if they aren't caught. It's a pretty good game, but it needs a crowd of 5+ to work well.

As Jackbox Packs go, this one is really solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRdMcPAjBRchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0zkSLMmbbc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Trivia murder party also has cool little gimmicks. Sometimes if you get a question wrong, you have to give up a finger. Depending on which finger you cut off, you can no longer choose that answer for any of the questions. So if you cut off your ring finger, you can't answer C for the rest of the game. It is bad to play on Twitch though because of the forced delay. I was playing with some goons and it go to a game where I had to recreate an image. Except the website was telling me to recreate the image and it was still onscreen on the stream.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
If 1, 2 Switch is for 20 somethings at rooftop parties... what is available for 30 somethings suburban barbecues?

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol cards against humanity didnt invent anything

ha, cards against humanity was basically the blank cards in Apples to Apples after a few parties.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 2, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FireMrshlBill posted:

If 1, 2 Switch is for 20 somethings at rooftop parties... what is available for 30 somethings suburban barbecues?

uh uh *shiuffles through notes*

the roasted corn on the cob

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

Someone will get out an old N64 with Mario Party and say "haha, remember this poo poo? This game was hella tight. let's get a quick game in before the burgers are done."

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Dreamcast + Chu Chu Rocket

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

zenintrude posted:

:hellyeah:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

FireMrshlBill posted:

Drinking and blacking out before midnight

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Drinking and blacking out before midnight

Most likely.

Cojawfee posted:

Someone will get out an old N64 with Mario Party and say "haha, remember this poo poo? This game was hella tight. let's get a quick game in before the burgers are done."

I am the reigning champion of drunken Goldeneye after poker night games.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FireMrshlBill posted:

lovely domestic beer and leering at the neighbors jailbait daughter.

Or, y'know, bust out the Switch because people love fun poo poo no matter their age. You think you're gonna be the only motherfucker at the nursing home who's gonna want to play some Mario Party?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lelandjs posted:

Or, y'know, bust out the Switch because people love fun poo poo no matter their age. You think you're gonna be the only motherfucker at the nursing home who's gonna want to play some Mario Party?

I'm picturing my großvater trying out the jerking game. It's a disaster he's very upset and you're out of your mind

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ethanol posted:

I'm picturing my großvater trying out the jerking game. It's a disaster he's very upset and you're out of your mind

I meant when you're in a nursing home you and the people your age will still want to do the stuff we think is fun and good now. People who played second ed D&D when it was first published still play D&D today. You never grow out of your interests.

I wasn't suggesting to bring your Switch to play with your grandparents, you only see them a couple times a year so the least you can do is sit there and listen to them tell you what medical issues they're having

Also my dads girlfriend is German and hoooooly poo poo yeah no I'm not bringing 1-2-Switch anywhere near her, Germans don't understand what fun is and nothing is worse than a disapproving look from a German elder.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 2, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

lelandjs posted:

lovely domestic beer is the 40 something crowd. 30 something is micro brew. Unless you were referring to PBR, then that is at those rooftop parties.

Oh, the Switch will be busted out.. I just need to know what Nintendo has catered specifically for non-rooftop parties of hipsters in recently gentrified neighborhoods for after they get off of work at their social media outreach job at whatever startup making just enough money to live with 3 other people in a 2 bedroom apartment.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
20 somethings is IPAs and Gamecubes
30 somethings is sad rock music and Ninja Gaiden

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Anidav posted:

20 somethings is IPAs and Gamecubes

Every year I get older and they play the same games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chu Chu Rocket on Switch would rule.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

zenintrude posted:

:frogon:

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Modus Pwnens posted:

Every year I get older and they play the same games.

alriiiiight allllright alright

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

zenintrude posted:

Sega better port this.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

Sega better port this.

They took Chu Chu Rocket off the play store a while back.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

Chu Chu Rocket on Switch would rule.

Chu Chu Rocket would have ruled on all of Nintendo's prior consoles. Yet they refuse to port it because apparently they hate money that much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

Chu Chu Rocket would have ruled on all of Nintendo's prior consoles. Yet they refuse to port it because apparently they hate money that much.

I swear I had it for the GBA...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Wait, 1 2 Switch is good now?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Wait, 1 2 Switch is good now?

We'll find out in a month.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
have they announced a metroid yet

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/826970477562171392

That's, uh, pretty high ambitions from Nintendo.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've heard it's a mistranslation, and he said the possibility EXISTS that it could.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

TFRazorsaw posted:

I've heard it's a mistranslation, and he said the possibility EXISTS that it could.

No, I don't think it is. You could say the interviewer got it wrong, though.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I swear I had it for the GBA...

You did

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

There will never be another Metroid, at least not in the form that we love. Instead, please look forward to Babysitting Metroid, wherein Samus must fulfill her maternal instincts and care for several infant metroids.

Please, don't shake THE BABY

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kewpuh posted:

Retro's working on Metroid: Dread, which is a prime-like game set after Fusion. It's being developed for the Switch's VR headset addon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

There will never be another Metroid, at least not in the form that we love. Instead, please look forward to Babysitting Metroid, wherein Samus must fulfill her maternal instincts and care for several infant metroids.

Please, don't shake THE BABY

That sounds great

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Phimosissy posted:

Dollars to d-pads the plan is to sell whatever they can to early adopters and have it as a pack in for the holidays
I'm kind of wondering the same. People buying it at launch are likely buying it for BOTW, or just to have the latest Nintendo console. The more casual players (your Wii Sports crowd) probably won't get it till later anyway, at that point they can maybe drop the price a little and/or include 1-2- Switch as a pack-in.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Phimosissy posted:

Dollars to d-pads the plan is to sell whatever they can to early adopters and have it as a pack in for the holidays

1-2 Switch! or Mario Kart for a pack-in. Maybe both, depending on how they sell.

If this thing sells well, I predict they'll announce a mainline Pokemon game by this time next year. 3DS has at least 12 months left in it, but if Switch is making money they'll start to taper it off.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jackbox really seems like a killer app. Is it dependent on an internet connection or does the mobile app just hook up directly to the Switch or whatever else is running the game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Lodin posted:

Jackbox really seems like a killer app. Is it dependent on an internet connection or does the mobile app just hook up directly to the Switch or whatever else is running the game?

Everything runs off their servers, so you need internet.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Quiplash and Tee KO are amazing games. Drawful and Fibbage were amazing games that should have come back yet again for the third pack. Still, Jackbox owns.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

Quiplash and Tee KO are amazing games. Drawful and Fibbage were amazing games that should have come back yet again for the third pack. Still, Jackbox owns.

Drawful 2 is great and is a separate purchase :colbert:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1 more month until I get my Zelda machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

lelandjs posted:

I'm a 20 something and my friends are hardcore gamers and we are gonna play 1-2-Switch because being forced to make jackoff motions with vibrating feedback is funny as poo poo.

I'm sure that's going to be entertaining for like 15 minutes.

• Locked thread