Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

When is DC going to make a Doom Patrol movie that brings Grant Morrison's greatest creation, Danny the Street, into the public conscious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

He also created the death of Damian Wayne though, so ironically DC bringing him back negates DC keeping him around.

In the interview about Damian's death Grant acknowledges that he knew DC would shortly resurrect him and he just shrugged it off.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I miss Dick Grayson as Batman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

If it means we can continue to have banter like this among the Robins I can live with it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Morrison's Batman had some weird poo poo and some poo poo I just didn't like, but Dick Grayson as Batman while Batman takes on more of a big picture Nick Fury role was straight up genius.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skwirl posted:

I think during that run there's an issue where they're fighting the Joker, and BatDick answers a joke by Joker with one of his own. Joker gets this amazing,"The gently caress does this guy think he is....? :mad:" face because the new Batman isn't acting like the old one :allears:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

In the interview about Damian's death Grant acknowledges that he knew DC would shortly resurrect him and he just shrugged it off.

If I recall, he showed a pile of Damian clones right at the end, so he was even giving them an immediate way back in.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I was joking don't harsh my vibe with your "facts" man :argh:

Teenage Fansub posted:

If I recall, he showed a cave of Damian clones right at the end, so he was even giving them an immediate way back in.

And then they didn't do that and instead went for something way more contrived, so that has to count for something.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They eventually made them his cool deformed brothers, though. I wish they were still all happily living on Reject Damian Island :(

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Roth posted:

When is DC going to make a Doom Patrol movie that brings Grant Morrison's greatest creation, Danny the Street, into the public conscious?

Never. It's not grimserious enough.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll have my David Lynch Doom Patrol movie someday.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

From Batman and Robin #16 - with the original Batman dead from Final Crisis, Dick Grayson has taken over as Batman. Dr. Hurt's long-thought out and carefully detailed plan has fallen apart at the last second and during his escape he runs into the Joker, who takes great delight in burying him alive. Joker then ponders what his life should be like without the original Batman around:

Bruce Wayne returns from the dead to answer that question:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 2, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

He punched that man's head all the way off.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You're allergic to sourcing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gabby is the goddamned best. I love the enthusiasm she has for everything.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
that poor child appears to be melting

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Trast posted:

So in the current DC Tim Drake is gone but the Red Hood is all buddy buddy again with the Bat Family despite being a homicidal maniac?

In DT voice: Actually, you'll find that Jason doesn't kill people, he just wounds them with guns

(I don't know if this is correct but it sounds like a very Scott Lobdell thing)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TwoPair posted:

In DT voice: Actually, you'll find that Jason doesn't kill people, he just wounds them with guns

(I don't know if this is correct but it sounds like a very Scott Lobdell thing)

Like, with less-lethal ammunition, or he just magically knows gunkata and knows the correct angles and can cause small wounds with real bullets

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

so much for anybody's healing factor.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Somehow I missed the pet wolverine sitting on the kitchen counter in the background on the first look at the page.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So what's this from?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

SilverSupernova posted:

So what's this from?

All New Wolverine #10

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Wait, is Batman good again?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

10 Beers posted:

King's run has been uneven most of the time but there have been some really great issues in there, and the last three in particular have all been great

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Roth posted:

It's clearly a set up by somebody to profit off of what the insurance companies will pay when it inevitably gets wrecked by Kite Man.

This was your needless explanation to make a fun thing dark for the week.

Don't be ridiculous.

This is clearly Condiment King's latest scheme.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yvonmukluk posted:

Don't be ridiculous.

This is clearly Condiment King's latest scheme.

Knowing anything about Tom King's Batman this is probably going to turn out to be true. Dude brought back Captain Stingaree already.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I love this, what's the source? I mean I assume some Batman book based on the discussion, but which one?

VVV Thanks, I guess I figured it was one of the long-running ones where it's hard to figure out the right issue, but it looks like there's a trade of this run on Comixology so I'll check it out.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 2, 2017

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Batman by Tom King.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Woebin posted:

I love this, what's the source? I mean I assume some Batman book based on the discussion, but which one?

VVV Thanks, I guess I figured it was one of the long-running ones where it's hard to figure out the right issue, but it looks like there's a trade of this run on Comixology so I'll check it out.

It won't be in the first trade, that'll be in the second one (not released yet but singles available).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That particular page is from Batman #6. Does the trade really only have five issues in it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Woebin posted:

DC just relaunched the whole line in a fairly accessible way. You should be fine.
Also look out for the current Detective Comics, which is a team book and even better. The numbering there for single issues is in the 900s, but they're just doing that cause it's so close to #1000. The Detective Rebirth Vol.1 trade will be the start of the story.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

An entire house full of far more expensive things.

But Kiteman, master criminal that he is. Can sense that stealing a woman's pearl necklace right off her will really make Batman mad.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gotta establish the brand.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Section Z posted:

An entire house full of far more expensive things.

But Kiteman, master criminal that he is. Can sense that stealing a woman's pearl necklace right off her will really make Batman mad.

Hey some people are in it just for the thrill.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Good DC Rebirth Titles: Superman, Green Arrow, Detective Comics, Trinity, Supergirl, and somehow by the grace of God also Teen Titans. I really like Action Comics and Superwoman too but others seem not so hot on them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This may only be funny to me but im gonna post it anyways
So this weeks Ghostbusters is an annual thats split into 9 short stories and it opens with the story of what Winston was doing during the trial in gb2. Turns out...

He's relating the story to the books writer and colorist.

And after Winston ends his short and rather anticlimactic story...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If the artist can draw normal humans, why does Winston look like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

David D. Davidson posted:

Hey some people are in it just for the thrill.

He didn't become Kite Man to not dive through a fancy party and rip the valuables right off the rich chumps