Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

joshtothemaxx posted:

Two things:

1) I always understood stables as a relic of the territory days where it made sense for a group of friends to stick together both in kayfabe and real life. It made business sense for Aaron Anderson to hitch himself to Ric Flair since Flair was such a star, and it made real-life sense for Flair to keep Arn around to legit rough up any assholes who took a shot at the champ.

2) Why did JBL take that cheap shot at Meanie again? Did Meanie say/do something or was JBL just being the bully prick that he is?

JBL used to stick his raw thumb up the asses of rookies he felt weren't ready for the main roster. I have no other comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

if it came down to Wendys or Sonics which burg does Bray Wyatt enjoy more

If it came down to that I'd give up food!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Besides Daniel Puder and Vordell Walker, any stories of guys getting shot on and fighting back?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Stevie Richards giving JBL that chairshot receipt for Meanie is the best.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
JBL is a big tough Texan who has never to my knowledge started poo poo with anyone high enough on the card to be allowed to fight back. Watch out if you're a ring announcer in the same hotel though

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, he tried with Steve Blackman, but Steve Blackman gives no fucks about his card position and kicked him in the face.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

King Bahamut posted:

JBL is a big tough Texan who has never to my knowledge started poo poo with anyone high enough on the card to be allowed to fight back. Watch out if you're a ring announcer in the same hotel though

Yeah, it's like JBL's trying to emulate every 80s high school movie dickhead simultaneously, only instead of "sweep the leg," his go-to attack is forced sodomy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Wait, so how many title shots has Roman had total?

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Wait, so how many title shots has Roman had total?

Going by this: 158 various WWE Titles

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

King Faraday posted:

Going by this: 158 various WWE Titles

Yeah but most of this will be on house shows and these include defenses.

He's had 3 shots at the Universal Title: fatal-four way on RAW (screwed), Roadblock (screwed), Rumble (screwed)
He's had 10 shots at the WWE Title, not counting Rumble '16:

Shield 3-Way at Battleground
WM 32 - won
Dec 14 2015 vs Sheamus (the Night Roman was Over) - won
TLC 2015 the night before.
Nov 30 2015 (had to beat Sheamus in under 5:15)
Survivor Series '15 (this was the tournament to replace Rollins' title, I believe) - won, lost on cash-in
Payback '15 (Fatal 4-way vs Rollins, Orton, Ambrose)
WM31 (Lesnar, Rollins cashes in)
Battleground 14 (Cena, Kane, Orton)
MITB 14 (Cena, Kane, Orton, Sheamus, Del Rio, Cesaro, Wyatt)

He's only actually successfully defended the title three times - twice against AJ, once against Sheamus.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

This really isn't a question, but after seeing those pictures from the 2017 Royal Rumble where Braun and Bray were golf-carted to the ring, I'm jonesing for the return of Ring Carts.

We're almost there! I'm a little surprised that Roman didn't take a cart to the ring, what with his cardio and shameful back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

We're almost there! I'm a little surprised that Roman didn't take a cart to the ring, what with his cardio and shameful back.

They could've had him come out at number one and sit at ringside until it was his time to enter.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are there any other WWE shows where they used ring carts? They did them at Mania 3 and 2017 Rumble due to the super-long ramps, but I don't recall seeing any at last year's Mania in the cavernous Jerrydome. Is it only a thing when they're pushing big guys as the headliners and need to save their energy for actual in-ring spots?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Long aisles brought us Lil Naitch's amazing sprint at Mania 24.

What happened to the Bollywood Boyz being signed to 205 Live? They were on like one episode and haven't been seen since.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Feb 1, 2017

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

King Bahamut posted:

I'd second anyone who said the Steiners or the Road Warriors, who both came up in a time where doing all the steroids and shoot murdering jobbers was a valid way to get over. I can't decide whether the doomsday device or Scotty just dropping you on your head was less safe

Probably the latter, the Screwdriver is probably the most unsafe thing I've ever seen, with just a gigantic potential to go horribly wrong.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Are there any other WWE shows where they used ring carts? They did them at Mania 3 and 2017 Rumble due to the super-long ramps, but I don't recall seeing any at last year's Mania in the cavernous Jerrydome. Is it only a thing when they're pushing big guys as the headliners and need to save their energy for actual in-ring spots?

Nakamura used an epilepsy inducing one at the most recent Takeover.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Benne posted:

They used ring carts at WrestleMania VI as well.

sticklefifer posted:

What happened to the Bollywood Boyz being signed to 205 Live? They were on like one episode and haven't been seen since.

They've been relegated to the Performance Center for a while for some more work.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Spuckuk posted:

Probably the latter, the Screwdriver is probably the most unsafe thing I've ever seen, with just a gigantic potential to go horribly wrong.
Don't forget their top rope DDT, or Rick's incredibly unsafe top rope bulldog.

Not that a top rope bulldog is terribly unsafe in concept, Rick was just broken-down and didn't give a gently caress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Someone, (maybe Vince, but probably not) actually saw them on 205 Live and realised how rough they are, they're officially NXT guys now, I believe, but I'm not even sure if they're doing the Florida loop shows.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Quick question, has the Avalanche AA ever finished anybody off, because for the life of me, every time I have seen it, it gets a 2 count and he either wins with a regular one later or the other guy takes the match?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

remusclaw posted:

Quick question, has the Avalanche AA ever finished anybody off, because for the life of me, every time I have seen it, it gets a 2 count and he either wins with a regular one later or the other guy takes the match?

I think one of his wins off of Kevin Owens?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think one of his wins off of Kevin Owens?

I go looking for it and first thing I find is Cena getting a three count with it against CM Punk. My minds seems to have been playing tricks on me.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

remusclaw posted:

I think only Owens and AJ ever kicked out of it.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

remusclaw posted:

Pretty sure he beat Lashley at GAB07 with it

Which was super confusing until Lashley quit

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please refer to him as "The Boss" bobby lashley

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The Both

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Spuckuk posted:

Don't watch clips of finishers from Japan in the 1990s-2000s if you don't like that kind of poo poo. It's basically just dudes spiking each other's skulls into the ground over and over.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bobby Lashley broke the masterlock and defended president trump from the foreign menace

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Don't watch clips of finishers from Japan in the 1990s-2000s if you don't like that kind of poo poo. It's basically just dudes spiking each other's skulls into the ground over and over.

Wrestling is best when that is happening though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are there any indy promotions that have actual good announcers? It feels like most of them are either insufferable smarks or just bland as hell.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

remusclaw posted:

Cena pinned AJ with it at Battleground (The Club vs. Cena, Enzo & Cass).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

excalibur is good

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Benne posted:

Are there any indy promotions that have actual good announcers? It feels like most of them are either insufferable smarks or just bland as hell.

UltraMantis Black is a good commentator.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Benne posted:

Excalibur and Chuck Taylor

I haven't heard UMB do it in a long time but he was great

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
AAW's guys are fine when they're not being cutesy. PWX's guys are decent.

Although I did laugh at them (AAW) for making fun of ROH for not pushing Cedric (rightly so).

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 2, 2017

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I miss the UltraMantis/Larry Sweeney booth :smith:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

remusclaw posted:

He put Edge through a couple tables with it and won

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Excalibur and Chuck Taylor

Excalibur was even better with Steen or Hero but obviously that's off the table for the time being

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

He put Edge through a couple tables with it and won

Yeah, I was very obviously wrong on this subject, and am glad for it. Super finishers should be super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Don't forget their top rope DDT, or Rick's incredibly unsafe top rope bulldog.

Not that a top rope bulldog is terribly unsafe in concept, Rick was just broken-down and didn't give a gently caress.

Don't sleep on Scotty's standing backflip powerslam, yo. I don't know how many times he did it, but I never saw him do it without disaster.