Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
*Elias Sampson comes out*
ANNOUNCER: Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
COREY GRAVES: he's not from Pittsburgh

Corey will be missed on NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

*Elias Sampson comes out*
ANNOUNCER: Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
COREY GRAVES: he's not from Pittsburgh

Corey will be missed on NXT.
McKees Rocks is pretty much the worst part of town and is only notable for being the birthplace of Billy Mays and John Kasich

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

The little goodbye Corey highlight package was really sweet. Very easy to watch ep of NXT tonight even if it was partly recaps.

I loved the segue from his goodbye into Elias Samson, especially his response to Young Boy Tom and Percy suggesting he might see Samson again on Raw. I enjoyed Nigel's commentary on the UKCT and I'm looking forward to him taking over on NXT but I don't think he'll be able to throw shade on the level Graves does. I think Corey Graves might be the best colour guy in the world right now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Imagine Jim Ross and Corey graves together and then get a lil sad cause it'll never happen

I just did and now you have to too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love Tyler Bate's knockoff Sledgehammer theme. It's like WCW levels of similar.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Tyler Bate is 19. Holy poo poo.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Corey Graves is going to make the Hall of Fame. Kofi will make it in twice.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just move Aries to commentate on NXT. He's been pretty fun on 205 Live. We need a good biased heel commentator.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Corey Graves is going to make the Hall of Fame. Kofi will make it in twice.

"I was walking down the River Walk the other night, I saw a guy laying down playing the guitar, I gave him fifty bucks just for NOT being Elias Samson!"

Corey Graves is this era's Brain, holy loving poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Corey's really good and I'm glad Trips gave him the opportunity to be a commentator

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOM72Mz4azo

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Graves and Young Boy Tom were my second favorite announce team so it was nice of WWE to soften the blow of losing them by pre-ruining them by adding Percy Watson

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Who's replacing Young Boy Tom and Corey Graves?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

keevo posted:

Nigel is replacing Corey, I'm pretty sure Tom is staying for now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NO ONE will credit me for this but Sonjay Dutt has been guest training at the NXT Performance Center this week.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

NO ONE will credit me for this but Sonjay Dutt has been guest training at the NXT Performance Center this week.

Did you say something about sonjay duty or something? Why do you need the credit so badly?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'll give you credit for it Rovert but I take 19.99% APR

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Graves has been consistently outstanding as an announcer - all credit to him for working hard and making it happen, and for those behind the scenes for allowing that tone to always shine through. In another 12 years when wrestling fans are looking back at "the NXT era" the same way we look at ECW now (and for my money it's measured from Big E as champ through to Samoa Joe, depending on how 2017 and 18 turn out) they will view Graves as an essential voice in that time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

I can't read this in any way other than you suggesting you're responsible for getting Sonjay Dutt this gig. Did you hint he might get a spot before or something?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Is Sonjay Dutt even good?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

rovert posted:

When's Dixie replacing Regal

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MacDougall posted:

I've always liked dutt but I haven't seen him wrestle for years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MacDougall posted:

GFW's front office so yes.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MacDougall posted:

Tyler Bate is 19. Holy poo poo.

I'm pretty sure the Tyler Driver 97 is named after the year of his birth, 1997. We're all old.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tyler Bate managed to get an airplane spin over in 2017. Kid is something special.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm pretty sure the Tyler Driver 97 is named after the year of his birth, 1997. We're all old.

yeah i realized that watching the episode this week and got a little sad

at least im not 5'nothing", tyler you waving rear end in a top hat, although... although ive never been in that good of shape... uguu tyler-kun~~

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

keevo posted:

They hired the House Of Hardcore play by play guy a few weeks ago.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Sonjay's good but he peaked like 10 years ago.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sticklefifer posted:

Sonjay's good but he peaked like 10 years ago.

Take a peak at this, dickhead.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Take a peak at this, dickhead.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
░░░▀▀░Sonjay░░▐▄▄▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░░Dutt░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
No one will give me credit for this but No Way Jose won his match on NXT this week.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm always kind of amused that Graves took the Jesse Ventura career path note for note. Sub-par wrestler, retired by medical stuff, became a far better announcer than he ever was a wrestler. Was just lacking the neat action movies

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/827645381907451906

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember watching Isaiah Stanback in college 10 years ago, this is kind of surreal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Casey has more info on his social media. But here's the list of identified talent:
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/827702112830234624 https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/827704292576485376

Nicole Matthews and Sammy Guevara are the two I am hoping for.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also I gotta laugh at WWE calling Stanback an "NFL champion." He has five catches in his entire career, hasn't played a regular season game since 2009, and "won" that Super Bowl ring by being on the Giants' practice squad.

Though I guess "played in the regular season" is more than what Baron Corbin accomplished in the NFL.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SeanRadican/status/827709795171971072

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Casey has more info on his social media. But here's the list of identified talent:
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/827702112830234624 https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/827704292576485376

Nicole Matthews and Sammy Guevara are the two I am hoping for.

Lei'd Tapa? The WWE raid of GFW continues.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Oh boy, another Anoa'i, I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would bet Guevara keeps working the indies until this year's CWC, then joins the cruiser division.

• Locked thread