Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Yawgmoth posted:

6. They have a catchphrase they drop after every joke.

Hot Pocket!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what they're called, but I found one in the wild!

On a video recipe about chicken nuggets:

From dinosaur nuggets to the SS in just 5 replies!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
This is from a youtube video of a B-52 crashing into the ground.

The comment thread was active as of 2 months ago with that dude still hating on today's modern woman. That's commitment.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:confused:

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That last line made me laugh way too hard

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Your Computer posted:

Ironically, he also spelled those words wrong.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Tank is in a completely different language, from the language that INVENTED tanks in the first place.

(Also, this seems like a troll, like he just drops the copy-pasted text in, but I can't place WHY)

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

I'm guessing the "Episcopalian" thing has something to do with the robes worn during Holy Week, but afaik that's actually Catholic.

No clue about the rest.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
What's the P-word?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

What's the P-word?

I'm gonna guess pussy but honestly who knows. AFAICT he was banned from the songwriter Janis Ian's Facebook page. These screenshots were sent to me by my mom, who went to high school with him.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"you may be a loving manager of smash burger" lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Guy from my gym has pretty much gone full Nazi in the last week, posting lots of fake islamophobic news and the like, and generally making GBS threads up every thread around. But this post seems to best encapsulate his level of discourse:

Yes fictitious annoying child, you make a good point.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I believe "thanks for the tip" is the correct response

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Data Graham posted:

I believe "thanks for the tip" is the correct response

Right now I'm finished engaging him. I really want to stop reading his idiot posts, but I'm worried about any kind of influence this thinking is having at my gym, so I'm keeping an eye on what's happening. There may be a bit of a split coming :ohdear:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

I'm guessing the "Episcopalian" thing has something to do with the robes worn during Holy Week, but afaik that's actually Catholic.

No clue about the rest.

this picture is horrifying and I hate it

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Snoo posted:

this picture is horrifying and I hate it
Well you share something with the KKK, a severe hatred of Catholics.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

CommonShore posted:

Guy from my gym has pretty much gone full Nazi in the last week, posting lots of fake islamophobic news and the like, and generally making GBS threads up every thread around. But this post seems to best encapsulate his level of discourse:

Yes fictitious annoying child, you make a good point.

I use the opinions of actual children in an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie to support my world views.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

guys

:psyduck:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Aeedan

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Girls with penises are rad imo

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

With each Eydayen we stray further from G-d.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
She should just call him Aryan and be done with it.

Unless she really has her heart set on the d.

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
She might want to consider Abortyon

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

That comic was taken down from the PBF main page (it was named "catchphrase") Over the years a few comics have been deleted.

I can't remember if it was back when Robin Williams killed himself.

In school

Name?

Aiydan: Aiden but with a "Y"

Alright Ayden

Aiydan: No the "Y" comes after the "I".

And where do you want the "I"?

Aiydan: Before the "Y". Also the "E" is an "A"

Rinse and repeat for as long as he lives.

And I'm saying that as a Johnny. This is a routine I have done over a hundred times:

Name?

Johnny with an H

Okay Jhonny

No the H comes after the O.

Was Johnny the 80s Aiydan? I don't get it, Jon and John are by no means the same. in Sweden "Jon" would be pronounced "Yon"

Dejawesp has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Feb 2, 2017

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I'm an Aidan, and most people can't even spell that correctly. When will people realise that naming a child is not the time for you to get creative?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'd go with Aiden so future dads can make jokes about "iconic caps" that no one else will laugh about.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Dejawesp posted:

That comic was taken down from the PBF main page (it was named "catchphrase") Over the years a few comics have been deleted.

Off-topic, but has anyone kept track of all these? The only other ones I've noticed are the too-dumb-for-PBF Splash Friends, and The Shortcut Express, which I remember breaking some posters' brains in the old PBF thread.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejawesp posted:

I can't remember if it was back when Robin Williams killed himself.

In school

Name?

Alright Ayden

And I'm saying that as a Johnny. This is a routine I have done over a hundred times:

Name?

Johnny with an H

Okay Jhonny

No the H comes after the O.

Was Johnny the 80s Aiydan? I don't get it, Jon and John are by no means the same. in Sweden "Jon" would be pronounced "Yon"

The only Jhonny in existence AFAIK is baseball player Jhonny Peralta so you must interact with some serious dumbasses.

Then again my name is Travis and I once got a Wendy's receipt with "Travice" on it so anything is possible.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Praseodymi posted:

I'm an Aidan, and most people can't even spell that correctly. When will people realise that naming a child is not the time for you to get creative?

When they don't think of their baby as a person, but as an extension of their own ego?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Then again my name is Travis and I once got a Wendy's receipt with "Travice" on it so anything is possible.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Henchman of Santa posted:

The only Jhonny in existence AFAIK is baseball player Jhonny Peralta so you must interact with some serious dumbasses.

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Feb 2, 2017

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Rollersnake posted:

Off-topic, but has anyone kept track of all these? The only other ones I've noticed are the too-dumb-for-PBF Splash Friends, and The Shortcut Express, which I remember breaking some posters' brains in the old PBF thread.

I know about catchphrase and splash friends but I don't remember which one "shortcut express" was.

Reminds me of when Penny Arcade deleted that comic about "rockband Nirvana edition" where the kit also came with a plastic shotgun.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Dejawesp posted:

I know about catchphrase and splash friends but I don't remember which one "shortcut express" was.

Reminds me of when Penny Arcade deleted that comic about "rockband Nirvana edition" where the kit also came with a plastic shotgun.
Whenever I think of Penny Arcade, I think of the dickwolves.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Yawgmoth posted:

Whenever I think of Penny Arcade, I think of the dickwolves.

I will never forget Dickwolves.

Sure the comic was edgy as gently caress to begin with. Then some people protested it so Penny Arcade made Dickwolves shirts designed like it was a sports team. People bought the shirts in support of Penny Arcade. Then Penny Arcade changed stance and told people not to wear the shirts at PAX. The shirts they sold and people bought in support of them.

I don't know what the gently caress any more. I would have given them credit for taking down a comic with a rape joke. But instead they decided to die on that hill and asked fans to join them. Which is okay I guess. Sticking to their guns and all. So the fans did and then Penny Arcade bolted instead.

Dejawesp has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Feb 2, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dejawesp posted:

In school
Name?
Alright Ayden
My name's Mathew, and I've also had this problem throughout my entire life, and you know what? It's not even in my top 100 problems (and I don't have that many problems). It barely loving registers. Occasionally it's mildly inconvenient. People need to get over this bullshit about unusual or oddly spelled names being terrible. They're not. They're fine. Get the gently caress over it.

Praseodymi posted:

When will people realise that naming a child is not the time for you to get creative?
I hope never. I hope they get more and more extreme to the point that no one even knows what a "normal" name is any more so that we can finally end this stupid "look how dumb this baby's name is" meme forever.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Tiggum posted:

My name's Mathew, and I've also had this problem throughout my entire life, and you know what? It's not even in my top 100 problems

Nice straw man.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Tiggum posted:

My name's Mathew, and I've also had this problem throughout my entire life, and you know what? It's not even in my top 100 problems (and I don't have that many problems). It barely loving registers. Occasionally it's mildly inconvenient. People need to get over this bullshit about unusual or oddly spelled names being terrible. They're not. They're fine. Get the gently caress over it.

I hope never. I hope they get more and more extreme to the point that no one even knows what a "normal" name is any more so that we can finally end this stupid "look how dumb this baby's name is" meme forever.

Calm down Matthew.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Tiggum posted:

The name Mathew stands for the Git of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tiggum posted:

My name's Mathew

How ever did you make it through life with such an embarrassing name? I feel bad for all the bullying you must have had to deal with for having such a stupid name, Matthew with only one t.