Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kitchner posted:

Giant frog people who constantly argue and fight wars about what "winning" truly means.

Frogs? Been done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/827075033356959744

Yeah, that's gotta be an announcement stream/diary.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

StrixNebulosa posted:

Listen, I didn't buy this game to play it, I bought it so I could complain about it. :v:
This but all games. Actually playing anything would take away from valuable complaining time.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

canepazzo posted:

Quit stalling :argh:

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

canepazzo posted:

I'm going to take that as a confirmation that SC will be included in the Banks patch as the final unannounced feature. This is a logical and perfectly reasonable expectation and I will not in any way or form be disappointed. :(

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Singing Sunflower posted:

I'm going to take that as a confirmation that SC will be included in the Banks patch as the final unannounced feature. This is a logical and perfectly reasonable expectation and I will not in any way or form be disappointed. :(

Sorry but no, Star Citizen will not be included in the Banks update.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Wiz posted:

Rest in Parp.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
For shame that noone has remarked on the "special circumstances" wording for the Banks release

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Daktari posted:

For shame that noone has remarked on the "special circumstances" wording for the Banks release

It's things like this that do wonders to one's self confidence.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lol if they just release the DLC during the stream.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

That would be too crafty.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Demiurge4 posted:

Lol if they just release the DLC during the stream.

Don't say things like this, please. It's ridiculous and will never happen, yet it still makes me hopeful enough for it to hurt when it doesn't come to pass :(((

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
They'll just announce the name and theme of the expansion, what features it has and then throw some cinematic youtube trailer at us. No release date.

edit: My guess is Stellaris: Ascension

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 2, 2017

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Hmm, when was the last expansion that Paradox gave us the name for without the date? I think they usually give us name and date, and it's USUALLY a month or so away.

Now, this obviously isn't your typical expansion, this seems bigger, but still.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Trogdos! posted:

They'll just announce the name and theme of the expansion, what features it has and then throw some cinematic youtube trailer at us. No release date.

edit: My guess is Stellaris: Ascension

Ascension is a poor name for your first expansion DLC. What are you gonna call the next one? Federations? It's like starting a TV show by resolving a galactic threat in the first season, where are you gonna go from there?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Sky Shadowing posted:

Hmm, when was the last expansion that Paradox gave us the name for without the date?

Monks and mystics

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
Just get the DLC for this at a Steam sale right?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Stellaris: Sunset Invasion.

New crisis: space aztecs.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Wiz posted:

You just don't understand game development, clearly. :gary:

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

ProfessorCirno posted:

The only time I've found land army forces to matter is when an event goes terribly wrong and a planet is invaded by titanic life or terraforming goes terribly wrong and hordes of ravenous mutants begin infesting my countryside. This is because, maybe due to bug, maybe mod, I found I still technically owned those planets, so I couldn't bombard them, and in turn the enemy was big enough that I needed an extremely substantial army to dislodge them - like, more then 30 troops, easily.

The last one was especially annoying because they put the planet on auto-purge to remove everyone, and the rest of my pops immediately began screaming at me for purging people even though I didn't purge them, it was the goddamn mutants

I had the same thing happen, titanic life occupied my planet and I couldn't bombard it so it was basically impossible to liberate.

That mutant infestation thing sort of sounds like it should trigger something special should the mutants manage to purge the planet completely, like an entirely new population of aliens appearing and becoming an Empire of its own.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Heads up, twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive wants to put you in chemical bliss with Banks content, and probably not then neuter you so you die out into extinction.

Also they might show a trailer if they are announcing today.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/827155098828754945

Called it!

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Hardly suprising but I can't quite see what's so utopian about that launch trailer...

I can't watch the stream since I'm at work but the webpage it links to shows a Dyson Sphere being built close enough to a star to incinerate everyone living there... looks like plenty of new space related constructs for this expansion. Now if only ot came with a release date.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Hardly suprising but I can't quite see what's so utopian about that launch trailer...
It's the digital consciousness ascension. Those data banks are full of happy people doing happy things.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Splicer posted:

It's the digital consciousness ascension. Those data banks are full of happy people doing happy things.

I'm watching it on a tiny, tiny screen nut I could see something shimmering, guess that's what the was. It actually reminded more of the 'Self-Aware Colony' wonder video from Alpha Centauri more than anything else.

Guess I'll need to wait for information to be disseminated through the day to see whats coming then watch the stream when I get home tonight.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Splicer posted:

once you are in that data bank, the sys admin just updates your happiness value to Integer.MAX_VALUE. Instant utopia! Just for gods sake don't get any happier than that.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

canepazzo posted:

Stellaris: Sunset Invasion.

New crisis: space aztecs.

space aztec dinosaurs :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BabyFur Denny posted:

once you are in that data bank, the sys admin just updates your happiness value to Integer.MAX_VALUE. Instant utopia! Just for gods sake don't get any happier than that.
I ticked the ironman checkbox when I ascended and let me tell you, I am regretting it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
T͍̫̾̉̏R̝̼͙̰̓͞Ų͓̝̗̻͎͊̔̄̏S̺̬̦͔̩͓̣ͦ̇͗T̼͖̫̫̫ͪͮͭ͆̀ͨ̚ ̬͕͉̯͌͑̾͐́̑̚Ť̯̩̑̉͌͞H̷̠̲͙̙̺̩̠̍̂͋̄̏ͥ̂E͓͖̩ͬ͒ ̷̠̻̫̹̊̆͛ͯͤ̀ͯẂ̏ͥͭ͌͐̄O̯̣͔͔̳̺̽ͤͦ͋̆͒͝R͖̥͔͔̯̝̈Ṁ̹̱͙͍͗̆͊ͫ̓

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Wiz, personal note?

Your hair's looking loving nice right now. I mean CKnoor's always gonna have the lead on that but well done to whoever your hair person is.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish they'd slow down and show off the 1.5 features a little more. Martin's hair does look nice.
I like that they're both playing. Makes me want to do a neighbour co-op game with a friend or something one day. They keep talking about food but I didn't see a food screen or stat.
Woah good bird noise. I guess I only caught the end.

MEGA
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-59-megastructures.997705/

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 2, 2017

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I wonder of this means that FE's are going to get new behaviors?

It's hard to hold a superior attitude while the other guy is literally building ringworlds while yours is crumbling around you. :v:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Little disappointed you can't live inside a dyson sphere, it's just for collecting energy. Even just the "staff" for a facility like that would be a few pops. Same with the science station, it's basically an orbital science city, should have some pops. But the whole pop system isn't really friendly to the idea of things like mega-structures and outposts that contain a pop or two as staff/workers.

I hope they're well balanced too. Like the energy output of a dyson sphere is still way higher than if you minmaxed every planet in the system for energy production.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Baronjutter posted:

Little disappointed you can't live inside a dyson sphere, it's just for collecting energy. Even just the "staff" for a facility like that would be a few pops. Same with the science station, it's basically an orbital science city, should have some pops. But the whole pop system isn't really friendly to the idea of things like mega-structures and outposts that contain a pop or two as staff/workers.

I hope they're well balanced too. Like the energy output of a dyson sphere is still way higher than if you minmaxed every planet in the system for energy production.

To be fair, the dyson sphere picture isn't the type that looks to be survivable. It's looks like a giant glass building surrounding the sun. It'd probably get pretty toasty for most people that live in there.

Clearly that means that alternate life forms that can survive in radiation heavy environments are confirmed.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Little disappointed you can't live inside a dyson sphere, it's just for collecting energy.

?????

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
This week's dev diary is now up for those of you interested:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-59-megastructures.997705/

It discusses what will probably be the main feature of this expansion, the Megastructures themselves.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

I gotta say that the gimmick for the playthrough is fantastic, the petty sniping is fantastic.

Interested to see what happens if Wiz goes FULL WORM.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm fine with the other stuff in the paid expansion- and plan to get it. But rights and privileges really seems like something that should be in the baseline game.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm fine with the other stuff in the paid expansion- and plan to get it. But rights and privileges really seems like something that should be in the baseline game.

Almost all of it is. Only the special slavery/purging is paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Other than finding powerful friends, is it possible to do as well as a big expandy empire as a small hemmed-in empire? It seems that without the same amount of space, there's not much building tall that can compensate for building wide.

It's me I've started like four games in a row next to a Fanatical Purifier that expanded like a motherfuck

• Locked thread