Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

The point is that this sighting was a day before her health was even in question.

Or are you bestowing the ability to travel through time on these unscrupulous journalists?

There's this website called infowars dot com that would suit you down to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Baron Corbyn posted:

In a competition, viewers had been asked to submit ideas for items they would like put inside.

The winning entries included roller blade wheels, an asthma inhaler, Tellytubby dolls, a France 1998 World Cup football, a picture of a dove to symbolise peace in Northern Ireland and a Roald Dahl book.

Ominous.

to be fair there's also a picture of princess diana in there too so-

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's this website called infowars dot com that would suit you down to the ground.

I don't think you understand the sequence of events.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
UKMT, the thread where it is you who is the one with the headstaggers when you post a fairly innocuous tweet about MPs being at the pub without considering if it's all a ploy by the extreme right to discredit them when they don't turn up to vote for Brexit the day after.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I just said it was an unreliable source.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Apparently there's a photo of the three of them in the pub, but I don't see how a few adults going for a quick drink after work is somehow damning. Anyway, Abbot participated in Commons debates without issue before the vote, so she clearly wasn't that badly hungover, if hungover at all. Supposedly she suffered a migraine shortly before the vote. That may or may not be real - if it is, it's certainly got to be the most politically convenient migraine of the last few decades since it allowed her to avoid breaking the whip or voting to Leave while representing one of the most pro-Remain constituencies in the country. Possibly the most fortuitously timed migraine in history, in fact.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not sure it's super pertinent either way tbh.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Anyway it's official, we're leaving the EU because it hurt our feelings being in it:

https://twitter.com/Law_and_policy/status/827152571819245569

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

Not sure it's super pertinent either way tbh.

Well only if you care if she was lying or not.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Solicitor for Iraqis gets struck off, govt. predictably chipper.

quote:

A human rights lawyer who brought abuse claims against UK troops after the Iraq War has been struck off for misconduct.

Phil Shiner, from the now-defunct law firm Public Interest Lawyers, had 12 charges of misconduct proved against him by a panel of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
He had admitted acting recklessly by publicly claiming UK troops unlawfully killed, tortured and mistreated Iraqis.

The defence secretary said Mr Shiner had "made soldiers' lives a misery".

Sir Michael Fallon told the BBC he was "delighted" that Mr Shiner had been "exposed".

"The decent thing for him to do now would be to apologise," he said.

etc. etc.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Only person who has come out of this looking good is Ken Clarke. Not that it makes him any more likeable mind, but at least he's been honest and his constituents have always known that no matter which way they voted he was always going to vote against.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If Clive Lewis ends up resigning at the final reading I think he'll also be owed some respect for that.

Hopefully it won't come to it but we'll see.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

If Clive Lewis ends up resigning at the final reading I think he'll also be owed some respect for that.

Why?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Clive Lewis is the last best hope for the party as has been properly established by two Guardian articles.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Clive Lewis is a good lad.

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

Actually, David Milliband is the last best hope for the party, as has been established by his failure to defeat a man incapable of eating a bacon sandwich and the slow, inevitable collapse of the political consensus he represents.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
David Milliband is relevant as hell right now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
David Milliband would have won in 2015 because the papers couldn't have run the 'holds food funny' or 'Marxist dad' campaigns they ran against Ed.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's the dog in the house fire comic but it's not the house on fire it's the Labour Party and instead of saying 'this is fine' the dog is making epic burns against a guy that left British politics seven years ago.

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

It's the dog in the house fire comic but it's not the house on fire it's the Labour Party and instead of saying 'this is fine' the dog is making epic burns against a guy that left British politics seven years ago.

I'm not in the Labour party, Pissflaps. It's not my problem to fix.

In any case, the point isn't that David Milliband is still relevant, it's that people still think his politics is.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Alertrelic posted:

In any case, the point isn't that David Milliband is still relevant, it's that people still think his politics is.
name some of those people

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Alertrelic posted:

Who knows. Corbyn's certainly don't seem to be attracting much interest.

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

jBrereton posted:

name some of those people

http://www.progressonline.org.uk/

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hang on - aren't you an SNP?

Literally New Labour with nationalism?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
One of the advantages of being a student is you can easily recognise the "thrown a sickie to get out of a 9am lecture". Abbott's migraine is the closest parliamentary equivalent to this since John Major had his wisdom teeth removed.

e: also in student-like behaviour

https://twitter.com/law_and_policy/status/827192120918339584

TinTower fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 2, 2017

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
They stopped for an unknown event, which left them unable to continue.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TinTower posted:

One of the advantages of being a student is you can easily recognise the "thrown a sickie to get out of a 9am lecture". Abbott's migraine is the closest parliamentary equivalent to this since John Major had his wisdom teeth removed.

e: also in student-like behaviour

https://twitter.com/law_and_policy/status/827192120918339584

Which means that the White Paper didn't exist before the vote.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Or else someone removed an apostrophe, saved it as the final draft, and sent it for printing at 04:17? jfc

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In lighter news...

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Love it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the implication that they only said sorry to him after blowing up his car, not that he'll get compensated at all.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

never forget

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

OwlFancier posted:

I like the implication that they only said sorry to him after blowing up his car, not that he'll get compensated at all.

Is that not exactly what's going to happen though

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Renaissance Robot posted:

Is that not exactly what's going to happen though

It is basically impossible to get compensated if the police damage your property and had some kind of suspicion it was crime-related.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Crosspost from Scotpol thread.

https://twitter.com/MeanwhileScotia/status/827180547025801216

Deputy Leader for Scottish Tories invokes the Laffer Curve, is asked a technical question, bottles it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

Crosspost from Scotpol thread.

https://twitter.com/MeanwhileScotia/status/827180547025801216

Deputy Leader for Scottish Tories invokes the Laffer Curve, is asked a technical question, bottles it.

Close the Scottish parliament.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
SNP is pretty much the only remaining sane-ish party in the UK, hopefully soon the Republic of Scotland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pochoclo posted:

SNP is pretty much the only remaining sane-ish party in the UK, hopefully soon the Republic of Scotland.

The SNP are pro monarchy.

• Locked thread