Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The coolest thing I found about when I started playing ff14 is that their response to the release being awful was to make an in game event blowing up the world and rebooting it with a story about coping with the world being blown up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

has anybody done the choco festival stuff in 15 yet?

I read some comments saying that it was shite...Yet to see for myself.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i did the festival stuff, it's charming. nothing too mind blowing though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rumors say Zodiac Age's release date is getting announced next week...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrCPgJceQMM

Finally

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Plutonis posted:

Rumors say Zodiac Age's release date is getting announced next week...

HOORAY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXII Remaster out July 11th on PS4

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/31/14451510/final-fantasy-12-the-zodiac-age-launch-date-ps4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I personally don't really like XII and won't revisit it but hell gotta keep my fellow Final Fantasy heads in the loop

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PC version for love of god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I personally don't really like XII and won't revisit it but hell gotta keep my fellow Final Fantasy heads in the loop

I didn't like it at the time but I've always wanted to give it another shot so I'm excited

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I didn't like it at the time but I've always wanted to give it another shot so I'm excited

i liked it on ps2 and im excited for PC remaster, i think all the characters will have individual jobs like in the international version

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Captain gently caress Face posted:

i liked it on ps2 and im excited for PC remaster, i think all the characters will have individual jobs like in the international version

Yeah, that's another thing. I was gonna go back and play my ps2 copy but apparently the international version is much better.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
The Coleman product placement in FF15 is a ki

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sweet! I remember my brother and I accidentally buying 12 without telling each other when it came out and having two copies for a long time lol. I really like 12 a lot

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lmao

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

im playing ffviii and want to have fun breaking the game w/junctions. got ahold of card+card mod ability, can someone give me tips to git gud with tetra master?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ulvir posted:

im playing ffviii and want to have fun breaking the game w/junctions. got ahold of card+card mod ability, can someone give me tips to git gud with tetra master?

its just a matter of practise, read the ingame rules so you can learn about combos and stuff though. but there are certain rules you want to encourage, different regions have different rules for the game and you can spread them around by playing games in different areas. i cant remember the good rules though, i havent played it since i was like 13 years old .. oh, and certain players have certain rare cards. those refine into the best stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that Viii has a button dedicated to challenging someone to a card game

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

ulvir posted:

ive never been able to manipulate the rules successfully, but there's a guide on gamefaqs that if you follow correctly will leave you with the only regional rule across the world being Open. once you beat ifrit you'll have your first rare card, from there it's just a matter of building up a deck around balamb garden and collecting a few more rare cards (diablos) leaving you pretty much unbeatable as long as you don't spread the random and plus/wall rules.

you dont have to agree to a new regions ruleset either, keep challenging and denying if they try to merge rules.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

its just a matter of practise, read the ingame rules so you can learn about combos and stuff though. but there are certain rules you want to encourage, different regions have different rules for the game and you can spread them around by playing games in different areas. i cant remember the good rules though, i havent played it since i was like 13 years old .. oh, and certain players have certain rare cards. those refine into the best stuff

ive never been able to manipulate the rules successfully, but there's a guide on gamefaqs that if you follow correctly will leave you with the only regional rule across the world being Open. once you beat ifrit you'll have your first rare card, from there it's just a matter of building up a deck around balamb garden and collecting a few more rare cards (diablos) leaving you pretty much unbeatable as long as you don't spread the random and plus/wall rules.

you dont have to agree to a new regions ruleset either, keep challenging and denying if they try to merge rules.

cool, thanks!

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

i think your first 4 rare cards are ifrit, diablos, mog from the student jogging around balamb garden, and zell from zells mother. then use the queen of cards to get either the 'difference' or 'all' trade rule to win multiple cards per game, modify those cards into magic.

also beat seed tests to increase your rank, run around in circles getting paid, buy a bunch of tents, refine into curagas or whatever and have 4000 HP before you even leave the first island. reduce enemies hps with demi (draw from diablos) and use the Card ability to turn them into cards to beat battles without gaining exp. once you have diablos' enc-none ability you can skip all random encounters for the rest of the game except for bosses if you want. you can beat the game at your starting level with all stats maxed doing 9999 damage with 9999 HP.

ff8 ftw

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
stuff like that makes me think the speed run is some kind of insanely mapped rush with small ventures to get certain infinitely broken items

it seems like it might be fun

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i think your first 4 rare cards are ifrit, diablos, mog from the student jogging around balamb garden, and zell from zells mother. then use the queen of cards to get either the 'difference' or 'all' trade rule to win multiple cards per game, modify those cards into magic.

also beat seed tests to increase your rank, run around in circles getting paid, buy a bunch of tents, refine into curagas or whatever and have 4000 HP before you even leave the first island. reduce enemies hps with demi (draw from diablos) and use the Card ability to turn them into cards to beat battles without gaining exp. once you have diablos' enc-none ability you can skip all random encounters for the rest of the game except for bosses if you want. you can beat the game at your starting level with all stats maxed doing 9999 damage with 9999 HP.

ff8 ftw

WHAT

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

Video Games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda don't really like FF8 but I kinda wanna go back some day and try a level 1 challenge.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is the chocobo event in XV worth checking out? i signed in just to get the mariachi outfit

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my mom caught me playing my brothers copy of ff8 and banned me from t rated games until metroid prime came out

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

In Training posted:

I kinda don't really like FF8 but I kinda wanna go back some day and try a level 1 challenge.

squall starts at level 7 :grin:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is the chocobo event in XV worth checking out? i signed in just to get the mariachi outfit

some of the side quests are dumb but they give exp, the races are okay, the outfit is cool and the fireworks look gorgeous

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FF8 is loving insane lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's nothing special and there aren't really any good exclusive items, but the city looks very pretty and the recipes you get may be a little useful.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How long is the chocobo event going? I'd like to stream some of it for fun maybe tonight or this weekend

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

How long is the chocobo event going? I'd like to stream some of it for fun maybe tonight or this weekend

It goes until February 20th, apparently.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
I lent my copy to a buddy and I'm curious to see how the event affects his playing through the storyline/going to the city for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

fiber posted:

I lent my copy to a buddy and I'm curious to see how the event affects his playing through the storyline/going to the city for the first time.

It's a separate instanced load from the title screen so I don't think it will be in the main game at all