Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BWV posted:

Is it mean that I think dokmo's favourite character would be Gohan?

Gohan owns. Had a completely negligent(but well meaning) father still managed to become a great scholar​, marry a woman who loves him(and the second wealthiest family on the planet) and also spends time with his own kid and family rather than leaving to train for years and years. Is also a superhero.

Gohan is the only well adjusted z fighter in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Gohan is the Larry Sanders of DBZ

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Gohan is the Larry Sanders of DBZ

I stopped watching after the Frieza saga, but doesn't the series jump the shark with time travelling and super powered aliens?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dexo posted:

Is also a superhero. the most powerful being on the show

I love how every new series/movie/whatever constantly stressed how much Gohan slacked off with his lack of training and he still comes in and kicks everyone's rear end.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I stopped watching after the Frieza saga, but doesn't the series jump the shark with time travelling and super powered aliens?

I'm pretty fuzzy about the details after the Cell saga but iirc Gohan pretty much gives up fighting despite his incredible talent so he can gently caress around and wear ridiculous clothing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Nah the Cell saga owns.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I'm pretty fuzzy about the details after the Cell saga but iirc Gohan pretty much gives up fighting despite his incredible talent so he can gently caress around and wear ridiculous clothing

yea he just wants to be a regular high school student who is insanely good at baseball. but his true and good heart means he still has to fight some crime, taking on the role of The Great Saiyaman. During this period he meets his cool wife and teachers her how to fly. But he also doesn't train hard and misses his real dad Piccolo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dragon Ball Super is basically fanfic come to life, much like how KD signed with the Warriors or how LeBron went home

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/denverstiffs/status/827230203323830274

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK854rRYzo0

Carlosologist posted:

Dragon Ball Super is basically fanfic come to life, much like how KD signed with the Warriors or how LeBron went home

And it's amazing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Carlosologist posted:

The most recent arc was basically Goku fights evil Goku from another universe so this checks out.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

The most recent arc was basically Goku fights evil Goku from another universe so this checks out.

weird cause every Dragon Ball fanfic I ever saw was almost exclusively about Bulma

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

Kids don't watch tv cartoons anymore really . Like the whole Saturday morning cartoon thing is dead.

It's sad

They watch terrible cgi shows nonstop on tablet devices
It's why every little kid is fat and wears glasses for nearsightedness

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jamal Murray is parsecs better than mudiay so smart move.

Denver really needs dudes who can play D.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

:siren:

Miles Plumlee being traded for Hibbert/Hawes.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mudiay is pretty darn bad so I don't think he has any real value. Like, maybe Denver could get two second round picks for him?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Isn't Mudiay a bad shot?

Have I got a landing spot for him....

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Without MourningView to keep anime out of the NBA thread, who will defend the forum??? Find out on the next episode of SAS-Z

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Is that Portland or Milwaukee Plumlee??

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

And a link:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/827234781666693121

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

euphronius posted:

Jamal Murray is parsecs better than mudiay so smart move.
Not really

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

That's a weird and dumb trade

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man do u even watch the nuggs??!?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

TY Kibner. I'm trying to do five things at once and forgot linkylink.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

euphronius posted:

Man do u even watch the nuggs??!?
I do. Murray had a good first month for a rookie and has been abjectly terrible since

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know you watch the nuggs.

It was a Joke.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I guess Hawes can stretch the floor for the Bucks, in theory. But taking on Hibbert makes no sense with Monroe still on the roster

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Can Jamal Murray even be the 3rd best player on a championship team though? Plus he's already 19 (almost 20!). Should trade him for a couple 2nds.

Also, on an unrelated note, Demarre Carroll is 30, not 27. He peaked in Atlanta.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Hornets now have a Zeller and a Plumlee

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BWV posted:

weird cause every Dragon Ball fanfic I ever saw was almost exclusively about Bulma

Weird, for some reason I just assumed that every fanfic ever was about the two lead characters boning.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think the Bucks just want out from that bad Plumlee contract.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Bucks will release Novak to make room.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/827238724723470336

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Whoa that Plumlee is already 28. Charlotte taking on that dude's age 31 season @ 12.5 mil just to get out from under Hawes?

also, we got a Zeller and a Plumlee on the same team, just need a Hansbrough to complete the set.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Mudiay is shooting better than Murray from 3 lol

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Any team with Spencer Hawes on it loses so I'm gonna call this a win for Charlotte

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Lol why would Charlotte do that deal. Miles Plumlee was secretly the worst contract of the offseason. Rumor is he is malcontent/dick too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Lol why would Charlotte do that deal. Miles Plumlee was secretly the worst contract of the offseason. Rumor is he is malcontent/dick too.

What do you know of Spencer Hawes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Without MourningView to keep anime out of the NBA thread, who will defend the forum??? Find out on the next episode of SAS-Z

Lmfao

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I know we are joking, but I want to believe that Magic really talks like that in front office discussions.

:haw: "We need to sign Lebron James and Embiid."

:silent: "That's not possible, Magic."

:haw: "Ok, I got nothing —"

edit:

I want to live in a world where Isaiah Thomas wins the MVP trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

roundmidnight posted:

Any team with Spencer Hawes on it loses so I'm gonna call this a win for Charlotte

I disagree because Charlotte is getting a Plumlee

That makes it a win for Milwaukee

• Locked thread