Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
With the Euthanasia Bag, you can safely and very effectively end your own life in the comfort of your own home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeCrotch posted:

ImaginationCrate! We save you space and unleash your creativity by not sending you toys that will clutter up your home, but ideas for toys you could make yourself! The world is your oyster with ImaginationCrate!

That's a thing

http://www.makercrate.com/

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Zzulu posted:

With the Euthanasia Bag, you can safely and very effectively end your own life in the comfort of your own home

That seems like a poor idea for a subscription service. Make it MurderBox, the box for serial killers!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
order the 'bate crate and we'll send you a bunch of anime junk you horrible pervert

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Geez with the rate THESE guys update, the thread should be called, "Has anybody ever heard FROM those chaps over at Red Letter Medium?"

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

It really grinds my gears when people dress up arts and crafts as part of the "makerspace". Like come on down to our shop, today we've got classes on running a CNC machine, TIG welding, and putting beads on strings. You can learn to build a robot, watch a demo of a new way to build a solar-powered STD testing kit out of LEGO that will help save lives in Africa, or learn how to knit one of those goddamn animal-themed hats because apparently people don't get the connotation of how humans have for centuries worn animal pelts as hats to imbue ourselves with their power now it's just sooo kawaiisodesune and it totally makes you part of geek(tm) culture(r) and you don't look at all like a sad loser who's so insecure they need to slap an animal pelt on their head to feel secure walking around in modern society fuuuu.

So in more thread-related news, how about the terrible snack boxes?

https://www.skoshbox.com/whats-inside#japanbox

If you're too much of a lazy fatass to actually venture inside of your local asian store and buy up some candy, internet losers will pick some up for you and mail it to you for the low low cost of $12-$35 per month.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I don't think these crates were real

:tinfoil:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'd rather wait a week per update over endlesstrashcontent

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I don't think these crates were real

They are. In the sense that products with these names exist.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

revdrkevind posted:

It really grinds my gears when people dress up arts and crafts as part of the "makerspace". Like come on down to our shop, today we've got classes on running a CNC machine, TIG welding, and putting beads on strings. You can learn to build a robot, watch a demo of a new way to build a solar-powered STD testing kit out of LEGO that will help save lives in Africa, or learn how to knit one of those goddamn animal-themed hats because apparently people don't get the connotation of how humans have for centuries worn animal pelts as hats to imbue ourselves with their power now it's just sooo kawaiisodesune and it totally makes you part of geek(tm) culture(r) and you don't look at all like a sad loser who's so insecure they need to slap an animal pelt on their head to feel secure walking around in modern society fuuuu.

lol what? Did some chick in a cap with cat ears turn you down or soemthing?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My makerspace is nearly 50/50 technical people and art people with a huge overlap. There's a person who makes fabric crafts for kids to make their own costumes and she laser cuts all the fabric parts into kits and puts them in laser cut wooden boxes. There's also nerds that come in and make ridiculous cosplay props and stuff in the space. There's also people genetically engineering bacteria to eat the bacteria that cause tooth decay and bad breath.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

revdrkevind posted:

So in more thread-related news, how about the terrible snack boxes?

I live on the border between Eastern and Central Europe. I've watched several unboxings of these crates - always there would be a bunch of the cheapest, most terrible Eastern European or Turkish "treats". People are paying premium for crap even borderline thrid world people consider trashy.

Also lol when idiots see a small package of plastic-wrapped processed snack food with English labels and go all "whoah, exotic!"

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 2, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What the gently caress is a makerspace, is it a concentration camp for assholes? I sure hope so.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol what? Did some chick in a cap with cat ears turn you down or soemthing?

Comment regarding anime avatar/post combo.

steinrokkan posted:

What the gently caress is a makerspace, is it a concentration camp for assholes? I sure hope so.

In the best case, a bunch of people go in together to get welding equipment and laser cutters and stuff so they can do cool things they couldn't afford separately.

In the average/worst cases, you are correct.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Death Proof is his worst by a long long shot. It's not awful but it's pretty soulless.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Death Proof is his worst by a long long shot. It's not awful but it's pretty soulless.

It's that the first half takes forever and unlike a good Tarantino film you actually feel the length. Once Zoe bell and rosario Dawson show up its much more fun.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That scene where they sit around the bar while Tarantino talks poo poo is so so so bad

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That scene where they sit around the bar while Tarantino talks poo poo is so so so bad

Thats where we turned it off. Death Proof is the only movie everyone in the room agreed to just turn off. We seriously thought they were trying to make the women as unlikeable as possible so you'd cheer for their deaths. When it became clear no, this is how he thinks cool people sound and this is what most of the movie is we couldn't handle it. Eventually after a break to rant about how much we hated the movie we put it back on and fast forwarded through all the scenes of ladies talking to enjoy the tiny amount of interesting car stunt driving poo poo.

It's probably the least enjoyable movie I've ever seen and me and my friends would routinely watch best of the world level VHS's all the time.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Death Proof was just another foot fetish movie of his.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's been forever since I've watched the film but I remember at the time it really felt like that entire chunk of the film was phoned in to the point where I wondered if there's some story behind it.

If you read Tarantino's scripts there's always a ton of good stuff left out by the time it gets put to film so I wonder if they were originally going to make the two films shorter and later on down the line decided to make it a true double feature so they had to throw some poo poo together.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

steinrokkan posted:

It's a workshop.

Except they can't call it a workshop because EXTREME HACKING NOT YOUR OLD MANS WORKSHOP 420 CNC ERRY DAY.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's a workshop.

Except they can't call it a workshop because EXTREME HACKING NOT YOUR OLD MANS WORKSHOP 420 CNC ERRY DAY.

a workshop hardly sounds like its going to disrupt the garage rental industry.... no we need something better

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's a new/special thing because prior to them there weren't big all-access workshops filled with high tech tools you could just pay a monthly membership fee and have 24 hour access to, they also do a lot of courses and the membership is all about helping each other and sharing skills. I went there just to have access to a laser but have been learning all sorts of other poo poo there because the guy behind you is a professional wood carver and that lady over there is a marine welder and this 14 year old kid who they had to change the rules to let him have a membership is some sort of arduino savant and they'll all take the time to walk you through stuff. Our space also has a whole recording studio too and a couple super good computer for people to do effects and editing of their little indie movies on. It also has smaller workshops you can rent as a business along with access to the rest of the space to support your business. It's also great for career and networking stuff if you're an engineer or scientist, a lot of people who met at the makerspace end up getting hired or getting a lead on a job through it.

The culture of each space can be pretty different though. There was a thread somewhere here on SA where people were posting some SF based makerspace's drama and it was amazing. Just dozens and dozens of people banned from the space along with the reason why. Tons of mentally ill people, drug addicts, people getting into ridiculous drama over "safe spaces", sexual harassment. It was like "public library" levels of hosed up folks.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 2, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wonder if there's a rivalry between the makerspace and the hackerspace people.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I did the maths on one of those makerspace things ones and it was something stupid like after a year and a half of membership you could outright buy an entry level CNC machine.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All this poo poo is extremely dumb.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I wonder if there's a rivalry between the makerspace and the hackerspace people.
Yeah, there totally is. These people flip if you call them the wrong thing. "We aren't 'hackers' we're makers!"

Baronjutter posted:

There was a thread somewhere here on SA where people were posting some SF based makerspace's drama and it was amazing. Just dozens and dozens of people banned from the space along with the reason why. Tons of mentally ill people, drug addicts, people getting into ridiculous drama over "safe spaces", sexual harassment. It was like "public library" levels of hosed up folks.
Where thread?

FrensaGeran posted:

I'd rather wait a week per update over endlesstrashcontent
Each episode has got to cost them like a grand in stupid merchandising trinkets.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Each episode has got to cost them like a grand in stupid merchandising trinkets.

LOL all that poo poo looks like dollar store trinkets. Unless you mean all the crap behind them, but I bet thats all junk fans have sent them.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"teehee we hacked all their passwords to 'butts2017'"

*keys dont fit into lock*

"gently caress THEY DID IT AGAIN"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I just finished watching Prisoners and feel terrible, even though I guess everything worked out. :toot:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope they do some kind of video for 'The Stuff', I'm watching it right now and it's primo botw or re:view material.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The Stuff is amazing. It opens with some dude at a rig site in Alaska and weird white foam bubbles up from the ground. His first reaction at the unknown substance is to eat it out of curiosity.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

The Stuff is amazing. It opens with some dude at a rig site in Alaska and weird white foam bubbles up from the ground. His first reaction at the unknown substance is to eat it out of curiosity.

Maybe if I was in Jay's bedroom.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reignofevil posted:

Maybe if I was in Jay's bedroom.

lmao

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

I'm at the point where they ran out of actors and had to hire a bunch of 14 year old kids to play soldiers in the US military lol

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Baronjutter posted:

His first reaction at the unknown substance is to eat it out of curiosity.

Like trying to pet an alien penis cobra. Actually I think there's a redneck zombie flick that starts on a similar premise.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladinus posted:

All this poo poo is extremely dumb.

Personally, I loved this poo poo.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Their choices of re view have been very odd
They should have some re view choices up as Patreon backer votes or something

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MrSlam posted:

Like trying to pet an alien penis cobra. Actually I think there's a redneck zombie flick that starts on a similar premise.

No the just used the toxic barrel as a still and sold moonshine that made you zombie

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

This guy did a good re:view type thing on the stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsbR0uoDheM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Mordja posted:

I just finished watching Prisoners and feel terrible, even though I guess everything worked out. :toot:
wait till you watch Incendies! not to be confused with delightful tendies

• Locked thread