Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

:smug:

Fire Emblem friend ID: 3149411092

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My opinion is that brave weapons are rear end because the -5 speed basically makes your unit hugely likely to die on the opponent's turn and you don't have enough movement options to make offense that much better

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Phyresis posted:

:smug:

Fire Emblem friend ID: 3149411092

Not enough orbs to get the last hero, you should reroll

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Show us what Armads does! Also, who's his VA???

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So how do we make one of those White House petitions to get Trump to talk about how we need more Fire Emblem in my iPhone?

You know, 'cause it's not in there yet.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
You can't reroll in Heroes if it's not out yet

Pretend I put an FE character putting a finger to their temple here

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

BambooEarpick posted:

So how do we make one of those White House petitions to get Trump to talk about how we need more Fire Emblem in my iPhone?

You know, 'cause it's not in there yet.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You can't reroll in Heroes if it's not out yet

Pretend I put an FE character putting a finger to their temple here

pretend i put an fe character throwing the finger here 'cause that's how nintendo is making me feel right now

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Welp, I didn't want to live on this earth anyway.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

My opinion is that brave weapons are rear end because the -5 speed basically makes your unit hugely likely to die on the opponent's turn and you don't have enough movement options to make offense that much better

Probably better once levels are high enough to make up for the Speed Penalty.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lets get Trump on board this train.

https://www.change.org/p/president-...medium=copylink

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

lovely poker hand posted:

Show us what Armads does! Also, who's his VA???

16Mt, guaranteed follow-up if HP is at least 80%. His special skill is Buckler (adjacent foes deal 30% less damage, can be upgraded to Pavise for 50%). Skills he needs to learn are Distant Counter (pretty much what it says on the tin), the Spur Attack line, and the special Goad Armor passive (Armored allies get +4 Atk/Spd).

His one flaw is that since he's a knight, he has only 1 Move.

Also he's voiced by Patrick Seitz.

Tae posted:

They're great for killing things without prompting a counterattack. Not sure if any of the Brave users learn Vantage, but that's a thing too. Honestly once they get enough speed the -5 Speed isn't a big deal at all.

Myrmidons like Lon'qu and Hana are pretty bad in this game though since their defenses are crap and there's no dodging.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Welp, Fae's Threaten Attack is absolutely absurd, paired with Nowi's ability to counter-attack from anywhere. :getin:

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

WHERE IS THE GAME

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what game?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

16Mt, guaranteed follow-up if HP is at least 80%. His special skill is Buckler (adjacent foes deal 30% less damage, can be upgraded to Pavise for 50%). Skills he needs to learn are Distant Counter (pretty much what it says on the tin), the Spur Attack line, and the special Goad Armor passive (Armored allies get +4 Atk/Spd).

His one flaw is that since he's a knight, he has only 1 Move.

Also he's voiced by Patrick Seitz.

:eyepop:

God drat that is so good I want Hector so loving bad lmao

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 2, 2017

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

I really hope it comes out at 5PM, so the speculation would be correct (but a day off).

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

HAHAHHAHA MY FIRST 20 PULL AFTER THAT GOD PULL

I wanted her so bad :swoon:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I want Olwen and Mathilda. Gaiden and 776 when

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

From what you describe of Hector, Hinoka is incredibly underwhelming as a 5 star. Brave Lance is generic, her only other ability is an aoe that triggers after 5 attacks but it's nothing special.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

From what you describe of Hector, Hinoka is incredibly underwhelming as a 5 star. Brave Lance is generic, her only other ability is an aoe that triggers after 5 attacks but it's nothing special.

Hector's really good (we're talking like 25 Str at level 1 ha), but he's definitely got his flaws. The 1 Move is really big and makes him a sitting duck for red mages. He also has low Speed (5 base), so he's not doubling anything without triggering Armads or having his allies do some speed manipulation. Sword users can give him a lot of trouble, and if they have an Armorslayer he's pretty much sunk.

Meanwhile, Florina's an interesting Pegasus despite being a 4* - she already comes with an Armorslayer, she can heal an ally at the expense of her own health, and she can learn Darting Blow and a passive that heals adjacent allies when she attacks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
:siren: HOLY loving poo poo I'M INSTALLING IN AMERICA! :siren:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

New Leaf posted:

:siren: HOLY loving poo poo I'M INSTALLING IN AMERICA! :siren:

Which platform?????

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MarcusSA posted:

Which platform?????

Android.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
Not iOS in Canada. :(

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Started up another save on an emulator on a whim and got a 5-star Lyn. Argh, should I make that my main account or keep my previous one where I've got some decent 4-star units, but no 5-star ones?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

loving apple.

Steve Jobs lied.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaba&rdid=com.nintendo.zaba

it's out you have to go here

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Terper posted:

I want Olwen and Mathilda. Gaiden and 776 when

hey you hosed up your ID on the spreadsheet, it's two digits too short

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

How many times do i need to reset for Ike, idc about the stars i just want my hero

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

How many times do i need to reset for Ike, idc about the stars i just want my hero

he doesn't exist yet

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, but this seems like a pretty fun lite-tactics game.

6953458830 for my 5* Effie

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Ok, right off the bat what should I be doing to re-roll the game and get the best start?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is it out on us ios yet

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Atoramos posted:

Ok, right off the bat what should I be doing to re-roll the game and get the best start?

Pretty sure you just get 20 orbs are quick as you can and do a 5 pull. If you like who you get then you can link your nintendo account to save it. If you don't just delete and start the process over again.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dunban posted:

Started up another save on an emulator on a whim and got a 5-star Lyn. Argh, should I make that my main account or keep my previous one where I've got some decent 4-star units, but no 5-star ones?

Decided to go with my rerolled account. Sorry to everyone who added me as a friend, you can delete me.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

he doesn't exist yet

gently caress this idiot game. Call me when they make it good.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
So, question: Is it currently anyone from FE 1/3/6/7/13/14? Specifically, has anyone seen Canas in this yet?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

8 speed at level 14, hinoka you're a goddamn 5 star come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just a minor correction about Armads - it only triggers if Hector is attacked while at 80% or more HP. So it's a counterattacking effect only.

Ryoma's chapter is pretty darn hard. Saizo and Kagero are pretty brutal, and Hinata's really tanky. Ryoma himself is no real threat if you have a good lancer and Oboro's mostly ignorable, but geez. I'll probably swap in Raven instead of Hector because my favourite lord just gets doubled all day by the ninjas.