Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

there's a blood money mission where you have to stop an assassination in mardi gras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got a big cup of coffee and a few hours. Time to remaster Hitman

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I've got a big cup of coffee and a few hours. Time to remaster Hitman

i keep staring at the challenge lists thinking "what if i 100% this game?"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmm it seems like the way they made Paris harder was just to get rid of all the rat poison which means I just have to restart and bring emetic poison with me. Kinda dumb.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i keep staring at the challenge lists thinking "what if i 100% this game?"

I tried to 100% some maps and at a certain point the stuff left isn't actually very fun and you have to spend a loooooot of time waiting for stuff for happen. Doing the ETs and escalations are fun though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

unintended consequence (?): paris is just FULL of rats now. insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I wonder if the remixed maps are actually harder at all or just different. Like if you didn't need to reach level 20 on a map and just started with this map, and unlocked the original variant it would also seem hard because everything is just in a slightly different place.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Hmmm it seems like the way they made Paris harder was just to get rid of all the rat poison which means I just have to restart and bring emetic poison with me. Kinda dumb.

There's still some in the basement

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

There's still some in the basement

I thought I scoured every inch but I guess not

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

the auction pass is removed from the bathroom and if you put emetic poison in the sushi rolls then viktor's bodyguard goes to a wastebasket to puke instead.

viktor still uses the bathroom if you poison his mixed drink. the bodyguard will come in and check on him after a few minutes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

in sapienza rocco's mansion card isn't on the table. it's on his person. professional's only

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cumshitter posted:

the auction pass is removed from the bathroom and if you put emetic poison in the sushi rolls then viktor's bodyguard goes to a wastebasket to puke instead.

viktor still uses the bathroom if you poison his mixed drink. the bodyguard will come in and check on him after a few minutes.

Yeah it's gonna be tricky getting upstairs now which is cool.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

does the guy next to the side entrance still have a guest pass on him. or is there a guard there now or something maybe

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i've only done sapienza so far but i'm just imagining like a guard in every bathroom now. or things like the gnn cameraman goes to sit down and there's two guard already there. + camera

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Paris it seems they just added a lot of cameras and got rid of a lot of pickups

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They also got rid of the fireworks completely which is lame!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol there's a guard in Margholis's bathroom. Cool. That doesn't even make sense!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

does he leave if she has to throw up. you could syringe her as kruger

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

does he leave if she has to throw up. you could syringe her as kruger

No that's how I got killed. He was standing next to her watching her vomit and I was not expecting a guard in there and he immediately filled my head with assault slugs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's on one of the guys talking about the fire works at the sound board. You have to subdue him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

It's on one of the guys talking about the fire works at the sound board. You have to subdue him

Ohhh ok that's cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's fun seeing everything in a slightly warped light. I like it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the gama director's keycard is now carried by a small director, who is carried by the director

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They also added a ton of useful UI clarifications. Like "Unconscious witness" and stuff like telling you specifically illegal items
For your outfit

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

frank.club posted:

They also added a ton of useful UI clarifications. Like "Unconscious witness" and stuff like telling you specifically illegal items
For your outfit
Woah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cool I used my one save after finally killing one target and when I died and reloaded it my whole inventory is gone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was a graphical hiccup it's fine. Phew. I'm gonna beat it!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

frank.club posted:

For your outfit

that fuckin rules

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

It was a graphical hiccup it's fine. Phew. I'm gonna beat it!

excited huh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man that was rough! Professionals only is no lie!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man you weren't kidding about the challenge #, youre gonna have to run this mission like, 10+ times to get Professional 10.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Man you weren't kidding about the challenge #, youre gonna have to run this mission like, 10+ times to get Professional 10.

good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

all the pro challenges are also set up so they dont award until you beat the level, so you cant just save, kill one way, reload, kill a different way, repeat

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

In Training posted:

nope

all that stuff that is missing is on guards or techs etc now

first run of Paris every gets a dose of IKSRTFO

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Got level 10 professional mastery in Paris. A fourth reskinned bomb is mine :hellyeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Got level 10 professional mastery in Paris. A fourth reskinned bomb is mine :hellyeah:

It's so hard

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's really fun though. It feels more like previous Hitman games where you have to be really vigilant at being an unnoticed face in the crowd. I tried to plan ahead for certain jumping off points so I could go back to my one save repeatedly for different assassinations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i want a rocket launcher that shoots explosives
they have pro mode now, give me really stupid poo poo that everyones scared of in pro that i can just walk around with as a guard in normal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

on the paris map i called both people in the safe room and then threw an explosive in there ran and blew it up

i somehow got silent assassin so i think the explosive bounced and hit the chandelier cable or something lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

• Locked thread