Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Choose the banner that displays your favorites. Ignore tier lists

I've never played any FE game. Who are the bestest characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
good christ, is this what other gacha rpgs do

you can beat the normal mode with anyone as long as you have a healer

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

WUU-OOHHH!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

cheetah7071 posted:

Choose the banner that displays your favorites. Ignore tier lists

I am completely ambivalent as I have never played FE before and even beginner tier lists are probably better than blind guessing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pulled 5 Star Leon, he wrecks everything. Can't wait for the World of Radiance and World of Incest updates.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Atoramos posted:

I am completely ambivalent as I have never played FE before and even beginner tier lists are probably better than blind guessing.

The game just came out and no one knows anything. If you're really worried just make sure you pull someone that uses Staffs.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

actually should i restart y/n

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ChronoReverse posted:

I've never played any FE game. Who are the bestest characters?

Atoramos posted:

See how I voted in the promotional voting thing for a completely unbiased opinion of which FE characters are the best

None of them are in either banner, but the young version of Tiki is in the first banner so do that one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sea Sponge Run posted:

nice humble brag

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
:lol: Ryouma has that one on one gimmick and his target is Wrys.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I've been restarting for 45 minutes and have only seen like 3 4*'s, letalone a "good" 5*. If you have something resembling good, just stick with it and play. Rerolling is a pain.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
My first pull had 3* Fred and Palla, and four star Selena, Effie and Kagero. I didn't reroll because the characters are cool, and tier lists are dumb.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I've installed this on my Iphone 4(G?) (it's old, sue me) and it just randomly crashes and goes back to the Iphone home menu a lot. I've managed to actually get through a couple of missions using the power of auto-bookmarks, but does anyone have any idea if there's anyway to fix this? Deleting and redownloading didn't work.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Atoramos posted:

I really don't get worrying about this even this much. You get plentiful orbs for free, any character can be brought up to 5-star by leveling and promoting, and the game also has a battle system where you can utilize actual tactics and skill instead of just comparing your numbers to the enemy.

What I'm saying is Just Roll, and see who you get. They're probably all at least good enough.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

nice humble brag

Non humble brag: Camille and Leon right after I asked about the bestest characters. I don't know anything about this game's characters so I'm going to actually play the game now.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Man, I don't think this is really doing it for me. Sure, it's only been out for one day, but there's very little here that actually feels like Fire Emblem. The plot is nearly nonexistent, there doesn't seem to be any sort of interaction between characters, no permadeath is entirely the right thing to do but also makes combat feel toothless, and the maps are so small that every engagement feels basically the same. Can anyone who's beaten the story already say if the game mechanics get any deeper?

Edit: I just started the awakening chapter for reference.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok i got a 5-star honkers and 4-star caeda and beruka on my legit device so i'm not gonna reroll

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Man, I don't think this is really doing it for me. Sure, it's only been out for one day, but there's very little here that actually feels like Fire Emblem. The plot is nearly nonexistent, there doesn't seem to be any sort of interaction between characters, no permadeath is entirely the right thing to do but also makes combat feel toothless, and the maps are so small that every engagement feels basically the same. Can anyone who's beaten the story already say if the game mechanics get any deeper?

phone games are slot machine sims not real gams

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sea Sponge Run posted:

wow what a poo poo roll

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I probably won't play it very much, but I am liking it more then say Final Fantasy Record Keepers. At least it seems to have somewhat of a challenge to the maps, instead of the later super easy levels unless you try to do a event to get a fan favorite character and it near impossible.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stephen9001 posted:

So, I've installed this on my Iphone 4(G?) (it's old, sue me) and it just randomly crashes and goes back to the Iphone home menu a lot. I've managed to actually get through a couple of missions using the power of auto-bookmarks, but does anyone have any idea if there's anyway to fix this? Deleting and redownloading didn't work.

If you link your game with your nintendo account, then reinstalling can't hurt.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
By the way, is there a way to keep your save if you play it on the phone and then on the ipad?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rirse posted:

By the way, is there a way to keep your save if you play it on the phone and then on the ipad?

Link both of them with the same My Nintendo account. Only works if both devices are android or both are iOS

note: I'm only 90% sure this works on iOS

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lol i got a terrible first roll. bartre, two shannas, frederick, and ogma

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah I'm convinced 5 star characters have better growth rates. This is the second perfect level I'm gotten for Roy and all his levels are good ones.

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
Pulled a 4* Camilla and Sophie, wrecked everything up to ch8 pretty easily (don't bring archers to 7-5).

Friend ID: 519 342 7646

Add away!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So since I have Roy are there any super cool dudes I should keep rolling for, or should I hoard my orbs for the next cool dude?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

My first pull had 3* Fred and Palla, and four star Selena, Effie and Kagero. I didn't reroll because the characters are cool, and tier lists are dumb.

Tier lists are dumb, but I'd love to get at least 1 5* in my start even if they're "bad".

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Alright I can't figure this out, what does it mean to have a unit as the "leader"?

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
I got a 5* Tiki on my first pull. Guess I'm not rerolling.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Color Printer posted:

Alright I can't figure this out, what does it mean to have a unit as the "leader"?

First slot in your team. Will stand on the stairs and be your representative when people see you.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Robin and 5* Ogma after the first restart. I can live with this I think.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

why is my 3* Serra getting better levels than my entire team

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Dear everyone: Day 1 tier lists are an incredibly lol concept. Do not be a slave to the tier list. Pull for characters you like.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ahahahahaha.

iPad reroll first try:

:getin:

I don't see Chrom listed on that tier page but who cares.

My iPhone reroll I forgot to take a screenshot of, but it had 3 4* units: Nowi, Odin, and Roy. Nino and Raigh were the two 3* units.

If someone really wants Nowi/Odin/Roy/Nino/Raigh I could try to link their Nintendo account to this I guess? IDK how exactly it'd work or if you'd be able to change the account name from Evil Fluffy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Funkutron5000 posted:

I got a 5* Tiki on my first pull. Guess I'm not rerolling.

I can hear my inner whale calling to me to get her

Goddammit

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I want everyone, so I've just been alternating rerolls between banners and will stop whenever I hit a 5* to carry me while I stockpile orbs and figure out how the game actually works.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

let me know if micaiah's in the game by the way

she's my best girl

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

I want everyone, so I've just been alternating rerolls between banners and will stop whenever I hit a 5* to carry me while I stockpile orbs and figure out how the game actually works.

i think the 'higher percentage of 5* the longer you go without one' only applies per banner so you're probably better off sticking with one banner until you get a 5* and then switching

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
My friend ID is 6800174558

I would like to fight for some friends, and Selena will make tsundere faces at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sea Sponge Run posted:

let me know if micaiah's in the game by the way

she's my best girl

FE3/6/7/13/14 only atm