Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cheetah7071 posted:

I can hear my inner whale calling to me to get her

Goddammit

No potatoes allowed in the Tiki club. :c00lbert:

e: And one of the 3* characters is Lissa who heals 7 hp for the target and herself, apparently. So yeah, time to bulldoze this game something fierce. Chrom looks like he'll just murder people outright too.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

I got this avatar for mocking Lalas in the ff14 thread

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

cheetah7071 posted:

FE3/6/7/13/14 only atm

rip tellius

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

cheetah7071 posted:

FE3/6/7/13/14 only atm

How am I supposed to pull my darling Prince Ephraim now? Game is garbage, will not whale.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

i think the 'higher percentage of 5* the longer you go without one' only applies per banner so you're probably better off sticking with one banner until you get a 5* and then switching

Yeah I'm turning in 20 orbs with one banner, resetting, and then doing 20 orbs with the other. Will hit a 5* eventually and move from there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If anyone wants to add me as a friend, put Tiki up as my leader and added myself to the spreadsheet.

For the lazy: 128605331

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, with the Winning Streak mechanic in the Arena, does losing mean you lose a bunch of points? Or are they already applied? If it's the former, it seems kinda silly to risk it, which would be lame.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: And one of the 3* characters is Lissa who heals 7 hp for the target and herself, apparently. So yeah, time to bulldoze this game something fierce. Chrom looks like he'll just murder people outright too.

Needs to be named the Enchanted Tiki Room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xTZG7Jmm4

Just replace the Parrot with Tiki or her Miku like version from Tokyo Mirage.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

LordHippoman posted:

So, with the Winning Streak mechanic in the Arena, does losing mean you lose a bunch of points? Or are they already applied? If it's the former, it seems kinda silly to risk it, which would be lame.

They're already applied, winning streaks just means you get more points per win.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I hope they expand teams so you can have like, five units or something later on :negative: four makes it so hard to decide because I like a healer and an archer on my team. So that just leaves two real units.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rirse posted:

Needs to be named the Enchanted Tiki Room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xTZG7Jmm4

Just replace the Parrot with Tiki or her Miku like version from Tokyo Mirage.

I too am looking forward to the TMS expansion in this game

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Biggest complaint is that I can't rearrange units before starting the map.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

LordHippoman posted:

Are arena matches against real opponents or does the AI run other player's teams like in star wars galaxies?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

This time i got Bartre, Beruka, Olivia, Gunter, and Fir. i think i'll keep this one

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So after my first roll kinda sucked (It had a Donny and Arthur who I love but didn't have a healer), I decided I'd just reroll until I got a healer, not really worried about getting a 5* hero because gently caress it. Popped that black orb and got Lissa, sighed that I wouldn't have to reroll 30 times to get a healer, then...

Jackpot. :getin:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah I'm convinced 5 star characters have better growth rates. This is the second perfect level I'm gotten for Roy and all his levels are good ones.

Going back to this, I'm not sure if rates are affected by rarity or if Roy's growth is just good. The levels I've had for Tiki and Chrom so far haven't been anything special and sure as hell haven't been anywhere close to perfect.

e: Though Chrom seems to get a lot of attack in general and he just utterly destroys any axe user he gets close to.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 3, 2017

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Nephzinho posted:

I want everyone, so I've just been alternating rerolls between banners and will stop whenever I hit a 5* to carry me while I stockpile orbs and figure out how the game actually works.

This game ain't exactly rocket science

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Are arena matches against real opponents or does the AI run other player's teams like in star wars galaxies?

Seems like they're AI controlled.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah this owns armors so hard sometimes. There's absolutely no way to know where your units will be starting and sometimes your 1 move guy will get dumped in the furthest corner and be completely useless for the entire battle.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

That too, Roy keeps starting in the back where I can't just let him go slaughter the whole enemy team.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Going back to this, I'm not sure if rates are affected by rarity or if Roy's growth is just good. The levels I've had for Tiki and Chrom so far haven't been anything special and sure as hell haven't been anywhere close to perfect.

I think rarity definitely affects it but it's not guaranteed. I haven't had any perfect roy levels but they've been drat good so far. My 4* units have been having pretty decent levels but the archer guy I got from the prologue is lucky to get anything at all when he levels.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah I'm convinced 5 star characters have better growth rates. This is the second perfect level I'm gotten for Roy and all his levels are good ones.

I've gotten three perfect levels for my 3* Serra so far. The RNG is pretty weird

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My 3 star Est has had more perfect levels so far than my 5 star Lucina

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Was trying to figure out what the big benefit to Camilla's weapon double attack was since you get a double attack when your speed is higher than your target's anyway, until I attacked an enemy she had SPD advantage over and found out they stack. Four attacks is fun.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

First 5* character and it was Tiki, woop woop

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Was Fir any good in her Fire Emblem game? For being a 4* unit she feels a bit underwhelming. High speed, so I guess she's supposed to be a glass cannon? I think I might drop her for the 3* mage I pulled.

Atoramos posted:

First 5* character and it was Tiki, woop woop

:hfive:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Where the gently caress is the Black Knight and Ike, goddamnit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

Was Fir any good in her Fire Emblem game? For being a 4* unit she feels a bit underwhelming. High speed, so I guess she's supposed to be a glass cannon? I think I might drop her for the 3* mage I pulled.

:hfive:

She was a myrmidon, with all that entails

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Servaetes posted:

Where the gently caress is the Black Knight and Ike, goddamnit

gotta save something for valentine's day

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

My first 5* character is Takumi

I'm still rerolling :colbert:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Also just in case no one noticed, there's a special battle going on to unlock Sophia and it's pretty easy. So if you want a free wizard, there you go.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i made a lovely reroll macro for nox.

http://pastebin.com/1bN3aptA

put feh in the top right corner and start from the home screen, it'll run to the summon page.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nuebot posted:

Also just in case no one noticed, there's a special battle going on to unlock Sophia and it's pretty easy. So if you want a free wizard, there you go.

Garbage 1 star slow mage

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AegisP posted:

Was trying to figure out what the big benefit to Camilla's weapon double attack was since you get a double attack when your speed is higher than your target's anyway, until I attacked an enemy she had SPD advantage over and found out they stack. Four attacks is fun.

Well there's that, and the double attack happens immediately. So it's not attack-counter-attack like it is with normal doubling, it's attack-attack-counter(-attack-attack if you have enough speed)

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Terper posted:

Well there's that, and the double attack happens immediately. So it's not attack-counter-attack like it is with normal doubling, it's attack-attack-counter(-attack-attack if you have enough speed)

Oh I hadn't noticed the double happens immediately. Well that's even nicer.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

Garbage 1 star slow mage

The free mage is a free mage, what do you expect?

EDIT: So I've yet to meet an enemy Roy hasn't destroyed in a single hit, which is hilarious because he also gets double hits on everything so far. 10/10 would Roy again.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
I gave up on rerolling because I'm probably not going to play this game that much anyway because I am bad at FE games.

This was my last reroll before I just gave up, came out pretty good. Before I would pull maybe 2 4stars at max.

https://imgur.com/a/tP99o

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
How long does it take to refill duelling swords? One hour?

Also, has anyone observed how different tiers of arena difficulty work?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

inthesto posted:

How long does it take to refill duelling swords? One hour?

Also, has anyone observed how different tiers of arena difficulty work?

Duelling swords refill each day

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Amppelix posted:

Yeah this owns armors so hard sometimes. There's absolutely no way to know where your units will be starting and sometimes your 1 move guy will get dumped in the furthest corner and be completely useless for the entire battle.

You can, actually! It's not shown but each slot in your party corresponds to a map spot. Rearrange your party and it'll redistribute your units on the map. In my experience the back row is usually the two center slots, and slots 1 and 2 and slots 4 and 3 usually are placed near each other. So for two frontline backline pairs put them F B B F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

How are we managing friend codes? Mine is 9334662885.