Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

marshmallow creep posted:

What if Aria was Peebee's...dad!?

Liara's the mom, then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Admiral Ray posted:

Liara's the mom, then!

Nah, Shepard. The kiss at the end of the Omega DLC was canon and that's all it took.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
hello when the poo poo am I going to be able to play the multiplayer thanks

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reclaimer posted:

Nah, Shepard. The kiss at the end of the Omega DLC was canon and that's all it took.

That basically is all it takes.

Asari biology is hosed

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonna make my character an Infiltrator, name him Red Ryder, and shoot people's eyes out.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

the good fax machine posted:

hello when the poo poo am I going to be able to play the multiplayer thanks

Oh yeah is this gonna have the good ME3 multi

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Zore posted:

That basically is all it takes.

Asari biology is hosed

Can't they just like, think really hard about somebody and all of a sudden they're pregnant with their baby? Asari are weird bro.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Sera Was A Good Character

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

AngryBooch posted:

Can't they just like, think really hard about somebody and all of a sudden they're pregnant with their baby? Asari are weird bro.

"Hi I'm an Asari scholar of human history, wow who's this Hitler guy he seems pretty impo- ooooooh noooooo."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
worst nongendered date ever.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Codependent Poster posted:

Gonna make my character an Infiltrator, name him Red Ryder, and shoot people's eyes out.
This is a fine post. Play as Sara, rename your brother to be Ralphie.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SubponticatePoster posted:

This is a fine post. Play as Sara, rename your brother to be Ralphie.

Sadly you can't rename the sibling you don't play.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
How long until your dad dies in the game

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
He's dead now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The tutorial level is you exploring an alien world with your father. You jump around the rocks, shoot a few aliens and crack jokes, when suddenly your father begins to wither and die in front of you, his suit cracking and his skin turning to dust. You wake up and realized it was dream you had during cryosleep. You get up to tell your father about it and find that his cryo pod broke two years into the trip.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

The tutorial level is you exploring an alien world with your father. You jump around the rocks, shoot a few aliens and crack jokes, when suddenly your father begins to wither and die in front of you, his suit cracking and his skin turning to dust. You wake up and realized it was dream you had during cryosleep. You get up to tell your father about it and find that his cryo pod broke two years into the trip.

it turns out your dad was the rear end in a top hat protagonist of passengers

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Its just going to be snowpiercer again only dumber and with aliens.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sadly you can't rename the sibling you don't play.
Curses!

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Pattonesque posted:

I like shooting/stabbing aliens/orc equivalents with my space/fantasybros and then going back to my character's sweet spaceship/castle and asking them how they felt about it.

Same

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I don't want peebee, but I do want her space revolver.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
lol sera 2.0 is real

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
My problem with Sera is not that she's 'zany and quirky and has a weird sense of humour'. MY problem is that she's a moron who's just doing things because gently caress the man, I guess?

If Peebee ends up being a character who's overall got her head on straight and is a constant barrage of bad one-liners, I'm okay with that.

Like an Asari Jake Peralta.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Yeah, I mean Sera's humor wasn't really my bag, but the offensive things about her are more in the line of her being huge rear end in a top hat teenager+. Goofy rogue archaeologist sounds like fun though, so I'll wait to see what other details they put out about her before I make any judgments.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

*yoink*

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Poops Mcgoots posted:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Canuck-Errant posted:

And for the mission where you pose as someone else, you can be Ghost Ryder in disguise!

Just so you know, this did not go unappreciated :clint:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

You laugh, but those Nerf guns were a major reason why I played a Bounty Hunter in SWTOR.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I had a dream last night there was going to be a Male Quarian companion who was a Clint Eastwood, Man With No Name like bounty hunter and I'm a little disappointed that Peebee is described as a 'gunslinger' with a space revolver :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SgtSteel91 posted:

I had a dream last night there was going to be a Male Quarian companion who was a Clint Eastwood, Man With No Name like bounty hunter and I'm a little disappointed that Peebee is described as a 'gunslinger' with a space revolver :(

Your idea is better.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poops Mcgoots posted:

*pulls out space revolver, weird funky external wires gets caught on belt*

Just give me a minute, don't start the gunfight yet.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Easy solution: don't wear a belt. Or pants.

Makes the post-gunfight banging more convenient.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
E: Alternate option: wear belt and pants

exquisite tea posted:

The DA:I MP was fine conceptually and could have been a fun little dungeon crawl mode but it suffered from a couple fatal mistakes, primarily being 1) the horrible rubberbanding netcode that made coordinating attacks frustratingly difficult, and 2) all the base classes were boring and the good kits required a ton of grinding to get. Like this is a throwaway multiplayer mode in a game for CRPG grognards, how long do you think people are going to stick around.

ME3's MP also had super wonky netcode but all the base classes were pretty effective, and new classes could be obtained with a single lucky card drop rather than having to grind out separate materials Warframe-style. Generic Human Vanguard or Engineer in fact remained some of the very best classes throughout the entire life of the MP, instead of intentionally being designed to be terrible so that you would spend time grinding out matches until you got to play the actual fun kits.

The disadvantage with ME3's approach is that if you wanted to try a fun new class (eg Geth Juggernaut, or Quarian Mangineer or Turian Rocket Boots or whatever) you had to just keep buying packs and hoping. Letting people work towards specific things (even if it takes a little while) is a good idea.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 3, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DancingShade posted:

braided steel hoses are necessary for the proper function of highly advanced weaponry, your bathroom sink supply lines, and the supply line for your water heater.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Ha... I knew that metal tube looked familiar.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

This just means it can elongate.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 3, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

also her profile's up:

https://www.masseffect.com/news/peebee?setLocale=en-us

Liara, Samara, Morinth, Aria, wham hard left into elf town.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Maybe her parents are space hippies or some poo poo

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Preorder trailer -- has snippets of multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cEi5ezcu0

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

That nova from the Krogan was really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Pattonesque posted:

also her profile's up:

https://www.masseffect.com/news/peebee?setLocale=en-us

What the hell, that's my real name too.