Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So the arena is kind of bullshit. It shows me a guy using the 5* arrow chick as his unit for the advanced one. I click on it because I know I could kick that thing's rear end. Fight loads, nothing but heavy armor spear users.

EDIT: Serriously, this effie unit is nearly indestructible.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Got me a Lucina, good enough! Add me yo 8090862977

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Stamina is starting to become a pain in the rear end now. It's at like, 8 per stage at chapter 6. The higher difficulties have increased costs so I hope there's some way to raise the limit.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So the arena is kind of bullshit. It shows me a guy using the 5* arrow chick as his unit for the advanced one. I click on it because I know I could kick that thing's rear end. Fight loads, nothing but heavy armor spear users.

effie is insanely powerful

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

they need to release more annas so that i can have teams of them

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Kyte posted:

You can, actually! It's not shown but each slot in your party corresponds to a map spot. Rearrange your party and it'll redistribute your units on the map. In my experience the back row is usually the two center slots, and slots 1 and 2 and slots 4 and 3 usually are placed near each other. So for two frontline backline pairs put them F B B F.

Well yeah I did notice that, but you can't know in advance where each position is going to be on each map, and retreating to rearrange carries a stamina cost. I put my armor in slot 1 which is usually fine but sometimes the leader instead starts furthest from the battle. Why couldn't it at least be consistent?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the thread title is a lie, unless theres another Rolf i dont know about

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Welp, I pulled a 5* Lyn and a 4* Florina for a perfect set of girlfriends. Looks like I'm done rerolling, regardless of what the other pulls are. :toot:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Kagero's a bit of a monster? She has damage advantage on all infantry. :getin:

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Got a Lucina 5* with first set of rolls and 5* Camila with 2nd set, my all woman wrecking crew has just poo poo on everything up thru Chapter 5 to the point where I have now run out of stamina

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

sharrrk posted:

The worst and I hate her.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rapner posted:

How are we managing friend codes? Mine is 9334662885.

There's a link in the OP

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Speaking of units being ridiculous, my 4* Nino is wrecking everything. She came stock with Gronnblade and has such a high speed that she double hits literally everything. Pretty much whatever she looks at is disintegrated.

I don't know who this little adorable goddess of destruction is but she's amazing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

sharrrk posted:

i voted for effie and she is my waifu and she is silver lancing the heck outta everything and it is beautiful

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ryouma, Caeda, Eliwood, Hana

Why is Eliwood only a 3 star he's a Lord!

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 3, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

but with effie and then she has a protein shake

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Are the 15 orbs you get from completing tutorial the default or for linking your NNID?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Are the 15 orbs you get from completing tutorial the default or for linking your NNID?

it's the default, linking gets you another 10

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Maybe make sure you have a strong green dude by the later parts of Chapter 9.

Or a decent healer. Or a decent mage/bow user.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nuebot posted:

5-star arrow chick??? :confused: Last time I checked the only 5-star archers available were Takumi and Jeorge. And Takumi's skillset includes Close Counter, which does exactly what it sounds like, so don't necessarily think that'll be easy.

As for chancing hidden armors, just make sure to either keep a mage on your team, or find someone with an anti-armor weapon. Example: Oboro's 4/5-star weapon is a Heavy Spear, which is effective against armor. She's been going wrecking stupid 22+ DEF armors when I need her to easily. Some of the sword units get Armorslayers as well.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

And those don't come back when you reroll, right? Or can you delete, redownload, then relink the account over and over and over and keep getting the 10 orbs to start with?

I'm used to annoying rear end rerolling for good poo poo, I've been playing PAD for four years.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

ryoma just challenged effie to single combat in a locked room

e: he died, for clarity

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Keep?

tolaziforname
Nov 30, 2008
How the hell do you beat 9-2?

I have no healer, is that the key?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

I hate you.

I've done 4 rolls. I really want Lyn but mostly just dont want trash. I've gotten five 4 stars total and zero 5 stars. Last roll I didn't even get any Red Orbs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nowi and Fae continue to wreck everything they come across through chapter 6. Threaten Attack is so loving good.

Also pulled a Camilla so now I have to consider benching Fae for her maybe...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I don't think I got a Lyn though? All I know is its 1 five star and 2 four star that can go to 5 star.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

it's the default, linking gets you another 10

I didn't get anything for linking?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
How do you cash in the rewards for linking a Nintendo account?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Zotix posted:

I don't think I got a Lyn though? All I know is its 1 five star and 2 four star that can go to 5 star.

Sorry Lyn was a personal thing.
Your roll is about the best you can do I'd say.

E: vvv rofl talk about over thinking it.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 3, 2017

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are those actually any good though? I know it's so early in the game that the tier lists are so subjective at this point. I think I might just reroll all night and see what settles tomorrow.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Anyone know how this game handles on Ipod Touch? Turns out my phone can't run the game.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Nuebot posted:

I didn't get anything for linking?

Yeah, where do you get more orbs for linking?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/61ed20de35147f4b

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Go to the My Nintendo website. There's a 0-platinum option that gives you 10 orbs

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

cheetah7071 posted:

Go to the My Nintendo website. There's a 0-platinum option that gives you 10 orbs

Touch the shield looking button in the quest list and you can do it from in game too.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

You can also go to https://my.nintendo.com/missions to get a bunch of coins for doing the story chapters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hector is SOOOO SLOOOOOW. What am I supposed to do with him?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Playing defensively and goading the simple AI into coming to you seems to be the best strategy, so slow is no issue. It's why weffie is so good with Wary Fighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

New Leaf posted:

He's the best