Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
That sounds like a good move by the Panthers if this were 1967.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress no

no no no no no

https://twitter.com/BlackBlueReview/status/827238606230138882

Relax.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Why shouldn't the Panthers draft at RB? They've already taken years off his career with him power running.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why shouldn't the Panthers draft at RB? They've already taken years off his career with him power running.

because they need an offensive tackle and a safety and it's probably going to be easier to get a useful running back than either of those two positions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Drafting one is fine, but not in the 1st in 2017.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oher is still not through concussion protocol so they probably should draft a tackle and then a RB or two somewhere in the middle rounds if they want to fix that part of their team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Draft Cam Robinson sign eric berry allahu ackbar

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Eddie Lacy is going to be a Panther next year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MrLogan posted:

This is the correct answer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Great kelvin and him can go to golden coral together

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MrLogan posted:

I wouldnt care. He can be fat and do what mike Tolbert used to do. Be fat and . break some tackles on swing passes once or twice a game.

Get a loving tackle you cunts fuuuuuuuu

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
KC needs a ILB, OG, RB, WR, QB, DT

That's in order of need, you could shuffle the last 4 around but Chiefs need a starting ILB and OG immediately

after some thought:

1. ILB
2. OG
3. QB
4. DT
5. RB
6. WR

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 3, 2017

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Bills needs: WR, LB, S, RT, CB*, G/C, QB*
*Italics note positions where the degree of need is determined by the Bills decisions on impending/possible free agents.
Not really in order of need, but let's break it out.

WR- Robert Woods is set to become a free agent and there is reason for concern about Sammy Watkin's ability to stay healthy for 16 games. The depth chart below those two is comparable to the Eagles in terms of talent.

LB- We're switching back to a 4-3, and Zach Brown, who would be a natural fit, is an impending free agent and figures to cash in big on a career year. Preston Brown is decent, Reggie Ragland will be back, but that's about it. Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, and Lorenzo Alexander(if he's retained) will probably be DEs in a 4-3.

S- Corey Graham is kind of old, and Aaron Williams almost died. Everyone else is garbage.

CB- Stephon Gilmore is a free agent and figures to make big bucks. Ronald Darby regressed, and Nikel Robey-Coleman, while good, is a midget and thus probably shouldn't be playing outside.

RT- Seantrel Henderson has Crohn's and committed the unforgivable crime of smoking weed. Also, he's not very good. Jordan Mills is like him, except without the weed or the potential. Cyrus Kouandjio played surprisingly okay at LT while Cordy Glenn was hurt, but it would be unwise to bet on him as a full-time starter just because of that.

G/C - Richie Incognito is awesome but old. Eric Wood is also getting old. Our depth is a bunch of warm bodies.

QB - If we don't cut Tyrod Taylor, this isn't a need at all. But we will, because it's the dumbest thing the Bills could possibly do. Hopefully they at least pull an E.J. and pick up a pick or two by moving back and still snagging their sure-fire bust quarterback of the future further down the line.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Great kelvin and him can go to golden coral together

gently caress I needed that laugh

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
hah. the bears need :
offense : 3 wrs, QB, Lt, rt, te (set at lg, c, rg, RB)
defense: 2 safeties, couple linebackers and God knows what else. few down linemen?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers need either:

or

Because they still don't have a defensive coordinator.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 3, 2017

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Coldforge posted:

49ers need either:

or

Because they still don't have a defensive coordinator.

did anyone play iron man for the niners last year

cuz seriously the depth is so bad it's surprising if no

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The 49ers do need everything on both sides of the ball that's correct.

Raku posted:

did anyone play iron man for the niners last year

cuz seriously the depth is so bad it's surprising if no

DeForest Buckner blew nearly every other DL out of the water in terms of snaps played. He was in on basically every single one AND special teams

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Theoretically the Niners do have a couple decent DEs and CBs on defense, and a good RB and maybe one and a half O-linemen (not sure if Staley still counts at his age) on the offensive side.

It's really hard to tell by watching games, because the poo poo on the field just covers everything.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/CharleyCasserly/status/827536445359407104

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Casserly isn't alone in that opinion. With more mocks popping up with Watson in the late first it seems we've fully entered the post championship cool down period:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000782360/article/move-the-sticks-notes-teams-divided-about-deshaun-watson

quote:

Teams are split on Deshaun Watson -- some believe he would be a good late first- or early second-round pick, while others think he is a long-term project who should be a middle-round pick. Of course, all of these folks said they wouldn't be surprised if he went much higher than that -- however, they believe choosing him that high would be a mistake.

I couldn't find a scout or executive who was excited about DeShone Kizer or Mitch Trubisky.

It will be interesting to see how the QB section of the board looks after the combine. Someone like Mahomes or Allen could really jump up the board if they impress. I'm still on the Kaaya bandwagon

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't really get how any of these QBs can be rated higher than Watson. Sure, he might not be worth a top 10 pick, but what makes other one season wonders worth more than a guy who's shown he can do it all for this long a duration?

NFL evaluation drives me crazy

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

mastershakeman posted:

I don't really get how any of these QBs can be rated higher than Watson. Sure, he might not be worth a top 10 pick, but what makes other one season wonders worth more than a guy who's shown he can do it all for this long a duration?

NFL evaluation drives me crazy

I think with Watson, it's a concern that he's maxed out; he hasn't really shown any improvement over his career, what you see right now is basically what you'll get from him three years from now. The other guys (Kizer, Mahomes, even Trubinsky who I'm not a fan of) have a lot of potential to improve, and aren't really worse than Watson right now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Drafting one is fine, but not in the 1st in 2017.

You realize the leading rusher in the NFL this year was taken 5th overall, right?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Doltos posted:

You realize the leading rusher in the NFL this year was taken 5th overall, right?

the best running back was taken in the 3rd though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th lol at drafting a qb in the 1st

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Doltos posted:

You being purposely obtuse here?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th lol at drafting a qb in the 1st

Whoa r u serious?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Every year, every loving year we have to go through this:

The only position you never take in the first regardless of how good the player performs is kicker/punter. Everything else is completely up to the whims of fate and for every X position that does well in Y round, there's 20 others that you never hear about.

Draft RBs in the first.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Trent Richardson forever destroyed the concept and it will take 3 or 4 hall of famers to bring it back into Smart Town on spicy web sights like this one

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Doltos posted:

Every year, every loving year we have to go through this:

The only position you never take in the first regardless of how good the player performs is kicker/punter. Everything else is completely up to the whims of fate and for every X position that does well in Y round, there's 20 others that you never hear about.

Draft RBs in the first.

The only punter in the Hall of Fame was a first-round selection. :smugbert:

The Panthers shouldn't take a RB in the first not because "lol no RBs in the first" but because they need help at other positions more.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

oldskool posted:

The only punter in the Hall of Fame was a first-round selection. :smugbert:

The Panthers shouldn't take a RB in the first not because "lol no RBs in the first" but because they need help at other positions more.

Please take a RB in the first, so the Browns don't. I think that would upset me more than a QB at #1.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Doltos posted:

and the 2nd leading rusher , who didn't even start for 3 games, was in the 5th round. behind a way worse offensive line

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mastershakeman posted:

and the 2nd leading rusher , who didn't even start for 3 games, was in the 5th round. behind a way worse offensive line

Yeah I had Jordan Howard in fantasy :getin:

Also Chicago's line was rated #1 in DVOA this year for run blocking. I know, stats, but I think the Cowboy's offensive line isn't that heads above Chicago's when it comes to run blocking. Either way saying a fifth round RB did great this year ignores DeAndre Washington, Paul Perkins, Wendell Smallwood, Jonathan Williams, and Alex Collins, all of which didn't do nearly as well as Howard and cost the same resources to get on their respective teams.

And here's another question. If you knew the season Jordan Howard was going to have, would you take him before the 5th round? If yes, does the spot he's taken in even matter?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

mastershakeman posted:

No poo poo. Don't draft an RB in the top five.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Chicago's line being #1 in dvoa for run blocking is yet another reason dvoa is garbage
edit: ha when I went and looked them up, they even do the left end/tackle/middle etc rankings and the bears, whose best three linemen are the interior guys, had a drastically worse rating on the interior. sure.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 5, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

warcrimes posted:

No poo poo. Don't draft an RB in the top five.

Disagree

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/MikeMayock/status/828978735638519808

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/1043TheFan/status/829046281364525062

Lol yes pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress NO gently caress ME

• Locked thread