Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Ice To Meet You posted:

Week 14 Injury Report
Fairgame, PLEASE DON'T READ THIS!

Barry Bonds (LF)... Goodbye

This just means we get to see what Lonnie Smith has to offer! And that's fun!

Modern Love was gonna end up in several Gauntlets anyway; I'm not real sure this matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Ice To Meet You posted:

Barry Bonds (LF)... Goodbye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EraHajW03qU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there are several guys on the board i find interesting but some of them dont fit ~the gimmick~ (gently caress the gimmick my team should be fun for me and a lot of my guys do dingers anyways!!)

i am open to trade backs too i suppose since there are more than a few guys left on the board that i like and PRESUMABLY at least one of them will be around depending on how far back i am trading

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXI, Week 14: State of the Super-League, Part Two

State of the Super-League, Part Two posted:

There is, of course, the other league to discuss before we get to the tag team break, and I can finally rest my weary soul.

I would say that the Smasher League is in a moment of transition should I choose to be a blatant liar who wished to speak the least truthful thing possible in order to baffle your minds and confuse your senses. The reality is that things have proceeded much as they have been. Yes, there is the matter of the Norris-Smythe Division, that unfortunate place, but I will discuss that in due time. As an overall league, the Smasher League continues apace.

The Mark Bellhorn Division, for a very long time, has been the personal demense of the Khartoum Doom and Slug Lyfe, who have pummeled their opponents into the dirt with the power of dingers. For a very long time, no one seemed willing to match the Doom dinger-for-dinger, as, in normal conditions, how could they? It was an impossible task. The Doom have Ruth, Williams, Bonds, and Mantle in the outfield, they have guys like A-Rod, Ryno, Tulo, Morgan and Don Kelly around as well. It's possible, in theory, to assemble more dingers, but, at that point diminishing returns would quickly set in. They are a team that rakes, and they have usually, when they decide to keep Dihigo in the rotation rather than trying him out in the infield, have adequate pitching. They have won many division titles, and while the season started with them taking a series of dispiriting losses to the World Warriors that seemed to knock them out of contention, they have righted themselves, and now find themselves back in contention for the title.

The question for the Doom, though, and it is the same question as it has been, the old question that remains, is that, once they get to the postseason, which seems all too easy for the Doom, what will become of them then? Historically, they have not done well in the playoffs, they have tended to get stomped to death in one-sided, brutal decisions that fall somewhere between 'heart-breaking' and 'Ancient Greek Tragedy'. The Doom's biggest problem, and one that will be need to be discussed at some length in this part of the State of the Super-League, are gimmick stadiums. They are a team that loves dingers, because dingers are life. There are teams, though, that seek to deny the dinger, seek to make the acquisition of dingers utterly impossible, they seek to destroy the elemental nature of the Doom. For the Doom to triumph, it seems almost certain that they will need to defeat at least one team that plays in a stadium where dingers do not occur. They will be forced to travel to Akabira or Portland, and show that they have can survive even when stripped of their divinely-inspired slugging.

Can they do it? I want to believe. We all want to believe that, when it comes down to it, that dingers can overcome even the most black-hearted gimmick stadium. But the Super-League rarely grants hope leave to find purchase in the soil of this place.

The World Warriors, for their part, seem to have found themselves. He has realized that he cannot match the Doom with dingers. That, of course, would be utterly impossible. Instead, where the Doom have their brawn, the Warriors have embraced the speed of youth. In that Yaya is a small, Canadian child, not that his players are especially young.

As one would expect, straight from the parable of the tortoise and the hare, the Warriors sprinted out of the get with a gaudy win-loss record that seemed to be unsustainable, and later to proved to be completely unsustainable. Nonetheless, should the Warriors manage to re-establish some semblance of equilibrium, they are likely to reach the postseason.

The question, though, is whether or not the Warriors can do so. There have been times, many times, in Super-League history, when a team roars off to a quick start, only to stall out, and never find a way back. The Dinos, in one season, were in such a situation, and it all went terribly wrong for them. In the Mark Bellhorn Division, with the raging power of the Doom re-asserting itself, and the bureaucracy of slugging gaining strength in Minnesota, the Warriors are in a tough spot. They are currently about even with the Doom. But have seen their lead over the Commission dwindle and dwindle until it is almost gone.

The problem with the Warriors, as Yaya knows, is that contact hitting and speed can only do so much and, in truth, his contact hitters are good, but not truly elite contact hitters. I do not believe that he needs to upgrade his offense, so much as refine it. Whether he can find the means to do so, having a low pick in the Super-Draft, remains to be seen.

The Commission were a team that appeared to be going nowhere.

They are now going somewhere.

I wonder if they should be, though. I look at what Big Oh has done, crushing balls with such authority, and I wonder if I have gone too far. Even without Big Oh, the Commission would still be a good team, but in the Mark Bellhorn Division, which looks as though it might be a close race, I wonder if Big Oh might be the decisive factor, and, if so, whether I will have impermissibly altered the balance of power in the Mark Bellhorn Division.

Oh, the Commission would not be a toothless team even without Big Oh have his season of seasons, as they are the only team other than the Doom to win the Mark Bellhorn Division in a very long time, but I look at their pitching, so decrepit, so undermanned, and especially their bullpen, to the extent it can even be labelled as such, and I wonder where they would be without Big Oh this season.

And what would that mean for the poor, downtrodden Mexicutioners? As things stand, they appear to be doomed. Down about ten games behind the Commission for third place, unable to get much in the way of momentum, what is to become of this team?

Such is the life of a gimmick team that I can look at the Mexicutioners' statistics and learn little about what has worked for them, and what has not. Babe Ruth is on pace for 70 home runs, or thereabouts. Addie Joss is on pace for over 20 losses, despite not pitching that badly, given the circumstances. The team is led in stolen bases by a catcher. These are all cold, dry numbers that cannot be denied, and yet, due to the effects of Mexico City, I cannot say that they have any meaning.

There is something to be said about a reality that makes even facts mean nothing. Some would say that it is a commentary on our times, that we have warped what is real and fake to such a point that the distinction between the two has been almost entirely lost, and we have no resigned ourselves to a world where absolute truths do not exist, and reality itself is now solely defined through the prism of the observer. In such a world, empathy must necessarily break down, of course, because how can we share feelings if we cannot even share the same existence?

Truly, that is the question that the Mexicutioners demand I answer through the creation of their ridiculous stadium. How can I truly analyze, or even understand, a team such as this? Wins and losses, home runs and ERA, all seem to be besides the point of the Mexicutioners, as they exist in a realm for beyond the capability of the statistics we have available to capture. The Mexicutioners are a team that denies the reality in which the Super-League exists, and defies any attempt to classify them. It will likely be the case that, by my reckoning, they win so few games that they must be demoted, but I'm not even sure what that means anymore.

As for the Senor Goodtimes Division, it appears that it would take a meteor striking the Earth to stop the Panderers from winning the division.

And, let's be clear, not just any meteor, the meteor would have to be either large enough, or directed specifically at my house so as to make the completion of this season impossible. After all, thousands of tiny meteors hit the Earth each year, and none of them have been able to stop the Panderers so far.

Yes, it is true that the Panderers have faltered of late, but they have never been road warriors. After all, power pitching is neat and great, but when you put power pitchers against teams loaded down for bear with Ruths and Williams, then it's hard to see someone like Jose Fernandez truly dominating. In the Panderdome, of course, it's no problem, because even if Jose sails one in there, as he is wont to do, seeming to have impaired control of his faculties, then he'll be okay, and avoid crashing himself on the rocks, as the fences are simply too far back for a hitter to do much with anything, especially with the dome suppressing power even more.

I believe that it is possible for a team to defeat the Panderers, though. At their best, the Oklahoma City Bombers could thump them good.

The OKC Bombers are not at their best this season.

Allow me to explain why that would be, given their surplus of talent. First, it's important to understand that the Bombers not doing well is not the same as most other teams not doing well. The Bombers' not doing well means finishing a few games out of the wildcard and around .500. For most teams, that would be a successful season. For the Bombers, it is not. Things are just different for the Bombers.

As to why they are doing relatively poorly, and, again, I must stress that they are only doing poorly by their standards, it has to do with how the team is constructed. Looking at a gimmick team like the Panders, and, I suppose teams like the Panderers would probably prefer if I called them "system" teams rather than "gimmick" teams, you can see that they have a lot of interchangeable parts. An injury to any player does not make much of a difference, as they have reserves. They have a half-dozen slap-hitting outfielders, an endless supply of guys who can do okay in the infield, and a surfeit of power starters. An injury or a bad performance to any of these players makes no difference, as none of them are particularly special, they just fit the Panderers' system. I suppose that Pander would not want to lose Eddie Collins, but he can afford to lose just about anyone else, and keep going.

The Bombers, though, are a star-driven team. They rely on their stars playing like stars. mentholmoose does not craft his stadium or lineups to manipulate stats, he simply trusts that he has good players, and that, all things being equal, they will beat the other team. In today's Super-League, things are rarely equal, but there's not a lot mentholmoose can do about that. But what if Babe Ruth has a bad season? What does mentholmoose do then? He doesn't have an equal replacement to Ruth available. What if Bonds gets hurt, what if 3B becomes an abyss of run production? If things go wrong for the Bombers, they don't have the same ready answers as the Panderers.

Now, does this mean that the Bombers are a bad team and need to change? Probably not. After all, they don't need a system to win. They have a better chance of going to Portland and beating the Panderers than the Panderers do of coming into OKC and getting things done, despite what the records may indicate. The Bombers, in theory, should be able to survive just about any gimmick stadium because of the depth and breadth of their skills. In practice, it's been tough sledding for them, but they are an adaptable team, and, if you look back, it's been a long, long time since the Bombers have been in danger of being demoted, and that's because, as bad as they've done this season, around .500 thus far, that is as badly as they are going to do. They are never going to finish in last place as presently constructed.

The Cloggers have a lot of things going on. They have a promising offense, in theory, albeit one that is not exactly outstading defensively, which is a problem given that their pitchers have a moral opposition to striking people out. You can make too much of that discontinuity in team-building, and they did manage to get promoted despite it, but against better teams, it's leading to some real problems, as teams just keep hitting balls into play, and the relatively slow fielders of the Cloggers can't get to enough of the balls to be effective. The bullpen has also been a nightmare, but those things just kind of happen.

It seems relatively clear to me that, somehow, Shepard must acquire better pitchers, deadballer or otherwise. The state of his offense is that it is strong enough to carry the team, mostly, so long as it gets an average performance from the starting pitchers. He's loaded up on bargain bin deadballers, and that's the one type of pitcher that just isn't going to give him what he needs, sadly. As things stand, he will most likely be figuring out how to do that in the lower league.

As for the Janus, they are dead and dead to me.

That brings us to the final division we need to discuss, and the one I least wish to discuss, and that is the Norris-Smythe Division.

There is something I would like to address more generally, having hinted at it briefly earlier, and that is the idea of what a gimmick team consists. I bring this up now because I am told that Quaker has objected to the classification of the Killer Mikes as a 'gimmick' team.

As a first matter, given the common definition of a 'gimmick' team in the Super-League, it seems without question that his team fits the standard. They play in a cavernous stadium designed to suppress power at all costs, and use a roster designed to take advantage of those conditions. They have a gimmick that they are using, quite successfully, it should be said, but it is a gimmick nonetheless.

The question then becomes, is a gimmick team inherently unfair? Should we consider gimmick teams somehow lesser than other teams? I suppose the first difficulty is the name. The 'gimmick' appellation does not lend itself to respectability. It makes it sound as if gimmick teams succeed based on some trick, some skullduggery rather than honest work.

The reality is that the difference between a so-called 'gimmick' team and a 'normal' team has to do with construction. A normal team, historically speaking, has been a team with a strong enough core that it can survive long enough in the Super-League to accrete enough high-caliber players to become a juggernaut.

The idea is that any team that survive long enough to form that sort of team, that has outlasted so many other teams to become a power in its own right, deserves some sort of credit for Darwinian reasons if nothing else. Whatever else you want to say about a team like the OKC Bombers, they've lasted a hell of a lot longer than just about anyone else.

For that matter, that's how teams have been built since the beginning of the league. The W's, the last team from the original class, didn't have a great team in Super-League I, but they had Babe Ruth and a few other power pieces that they could build on, and they did so.

That's great if you have the right core, but most teams don't.

A gimmick team, on the other hand, doesn't rely on getting elite players, it relies on getting players that fit the system. It's worth noting that one problem that a lot of people have with gimmick teams is that they have, to this point, mostly followed the same model: big stadiums and fringe-contact guys. But it's possible to create other gimmicks. The Generics, for example, are team that is essentially a gimmick team, albeit one that relies on left-handed power bats.

It is, of course, much easier for teams to acquire players that are valuable to their system, but less valuable to a team playing in more neutral conditions, and that allows a gimmick team to install a successful system, in theory, much faster than it would be for a team simply trying to acquire the most talent possible. That creates a certain tension, as these gimmick teams can appear to come from nothing and suddenly tromp all over established powers by changing the very rules of the game.

That causes a frustration in those established owners, who have built objectively good teams, only to see themselves caught dealing with these gimmick teams that bend the rules of reality itself to turn their teams into underperformers. A team like the Bombers or Doom takes seasons to mature, and yet, in the face of a team like the Killer Mikes, chaos reigns, and all of that effort appears to be for naught.

The question then becomes, 'what is to be done'? I, for one, choose to do nothing at this time. I don't believe that we are yet at any sort of crisis point when it comes to the number and success of gimmick teams. The only gimmick teams that have accomplished much of anything have belonged to Pander, an owner who clearly spent at least some time figuring out how to best accomplish his goals, rather than just creating a giant stadium.

The weakness of a gimmick team is obvious. They can control their home stadium, but not the stadiums of the other teams. Therefore, for as much of an advantage as they get at home from their stadium over a normal team, they lose it on the road. That, in and of itself is probably not enough to correct the problem, though.

Fortunately, I believe this problem to be self-correcting. If the number of gimmick teams increases, so too does the demand for the types of players used in gimmick teams, along with a corresponding decrease in demand for players that are considered conventionally good. An equilibrium should, therefore, be reached.

As for the other three teams, I have little to say. There are what they are. The W's and Crows are doing the things they usually do. The Scientists are a team that exists. Beyond that, we'll see how they do in the second half of the season.

Games!

I would have liked to see the Bombers win one of these games and keep their titles. I really would have. It would have been nice, for once, for something to just work out the way it could have rather than they would it had to. We all knew that the Panderers were going to choke the life out of the Bombers in Portland. They've done it before, and they'll do it again, but I think that a lot of us wanted to see the Bombers survive it, just once, just to prove that, sometimes, an unexpectedly good thing can happen.

But the Panderers, in Portland, are a team that will kill the Bombers repeatedly, and there was no particularly good reason to think that things would change this time around. The Panderdome's dimensions are the same, the Bombers' lineup is the same, the equation points to an unchanging answer, even if we may not like what that answer is.

We all want to dream of something better, but for most of us, things are never going to get better, they are going to get worse and worse and there's nothing we can do to escape the downward spiral.

Ambi Dextro did get three strikeouts! Which is good. But they were against the pitcher, and so probably shouldn't really count, especially since the Sheikhs beat the ever-living poo poo out of him anyway.

The RCMP did get a few good licks in themselves, but, well, when you give up 15 runs and don't play in Hoboken or Mexico City, that means you're basically guaranteed to take the loss. At the all-star break, that means that the Sheikhs are back in first place, and look to be poised to retake the division once again. As for the RCMP, it looks like they have a lost season on their hands. I suppose I'll take Ambi Dextro back to the drawing board this offseason, but it's always tricky making these custom players work the way they're supposed to. Clearly, this is not quite what I had in mind for the switch-pitcher.

The B-Zephyrs are also in first place headed into the break. I don't know that they will be able to hold onto that position, given that the Nine have a better team in every respect except for bullpen, and a bullpen will only take a team so far.

But hell, it does mean that the B-Zephyrs are almost certain to make the playoffs somehow, as their only real competition for the second wildcard would be, at this point, at least, the Generics, who may literally be incapable of getting away from being a .500 team, and as bad as the Dynamo League has been this season, and, don't get me wrong, it's been really, really soul-crushingly bad, I think a team will need to be 5-10 games above .500 to get a wildcard.

Wait, Rollie Fingers blowing a save and it benefitting Marauder? The entire loving natural order is off-balance! The wheel is broken! All is lost!

The Mexicutioners shutting another team out? I guess minor miracles can happen after all.

Team Statistics

Analysis

I don't love the peripherals on this team.

Analysis

I'm not sure what to think about this team, but I feel like this is about their peak performance.

Analysis

Well, that's something.

Analysis

Starting pitching has typically been this team's biggest problem.

Analysis

The astounding adventure of Dusty vs. Last Place!

Analysis

Please die.

Analysis

God loving drat it.

Analysis

It is what it is.

Analysis

The Jobbers' bad offense vs. the Nega-Llamas bad pitching is a battle for the ages.

Analysis

Coming after the all-star break: Beet vs. McFreeze: Final Tragedy!

Analysis

That's better, at least.

Analysis

This team still has time to overtake the Commission, but not that much time.

Analysis

Not the best way to end the half-season, but Pujols is back now.

Analysis

Pitching bad.

Analysis

It was bound to happen.

Analysis

Thrilling!

Analysis

Dextro the Destroyer!

Analysis

If this team could be 43.5-43.5, it would be.

Analysis

The MACHINE abides.

Analysis

That's not how to do it!

Analysis

Not great.

Analysis

Regression to the mean!

Analysis

This team never seems to peak when it really needs to.

Analysis

This team is barely hanging on.

Standings

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Oh baby we're gonna turn this around! I just know it! We may be the worst team in the smasher league by 8 GAMES but we're like 1 away from tying for worst in the entire Super League baby!!!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i do like that the Doom and the Mexicutioners had inverted records in the game where it was impossible to hit the man, the myth, the legend, Slim Sallee! and Red Donahue came in for the save because of course he did

the Mexicutioners gimmick actually came about as an accident as i had wanted to make a relatively balanced team but then casually put them high up in the air, close to the dinger god, who smiled down and said "short porch in right and left field, also i have to take Luis Tiant from you, you understand"

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

DCB, your starting pitching isn't that much worse than mine.

Your outfield is. Problem is, outfield also brings C, and I'd want to see Yog-Sothoth. Which is why I was thinking my pitching, your hitting.

But I'd understand if you wanted your infield and starters, my outfield and bullpen. Let me know which you'd prefer and I will make the roster tomorrow am.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

It is, indeed, what it is.

Clemens to DL, brand-spanking new Steve Carlton 1969 to SP4. Burks back to the bench, Fred Lynn back to CF.

An updated batting order will come at some point, but for now I'll just enjoy the break.

FairGame posted:

DCB, your starting pitching isn't that much worse than mine.

Your outfield is. Problem is, outfield also brings C, and I'd want to see Yog-Sothoth. Which is why I was thinking my pitching, your hitting.

But I'd understand if you wanted your infield and starters, my outfield and bullpen. Let me know which you'd prefer and I will make the roster tomorrow am.

I was under the impression that "your pitching, my bats" was the plan from day one, so I am happy with this. We lose out on your OF production but it'll be interesting to see how Yog-Sothoth improves your pitching; that is, I think, a fair tradeoff - if only for data purposes, to see how otherworldly pitch-framing skills affect them. Let's do it!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

So I don't forget after the break,

Call up Bonds, Hamilton to DL

Lineup vs. RHP:
1. CF Kelley
2. DH Williams
3. LF Bonds
4. RF Ruth
5. 1B Mantle
etc.

Lineup vs. LHP:
1. LF Kelley
2. 1B Kell
3. CF Mantle
4. RF Ruth
5. DH Williams
6. SS Rodriguez
7. C Schang
8. 3B Polanco
9. 2B Sandberg

No DH:
vs. LHP lineup looks fine.
vs. RHP lineup, ensure Kelley is CF and Williams is LF.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

While we wait:

Once the 24 hours clock runs up the Base Cloggers will be selecting Joe Morgan. If Morn shows up and drafts Joe Morgan than we take Corpse of Mariano Rivera.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Revenant Threshold posted:

Well hey, I am very unconfident in this, but it seems like the best way to go purely by how things are going right now is my infield and starting pitching, and Pungry's OF/C and bullpen. It's hard for me to judge Pungry's pitching since there's not much in the way of Super-League records, so if this is an rear end-backwards approach by all means say.

This looks good to me. The Paper Knights are gonna be good!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Are the Twin Cities Triad sending a team out?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Twin Cities Triad Roster

Position Name
C Yogi Berra
1B Albert Pujols
2B Ryne Sandberg
SS Cal Ripken
3B Eddie Mathews
CF Oscar Charleston
LF Rickey Henderson
RF Stan Musial
DH Ted Williams
Pitching
SP1 Cy Young
SP2 Christy Mathewson
SP3 Cy Young
SP4 Pete Alexander
SP5 Al Spalding
CL Chelsea Baker
SU Christy Mathewson
SR The People's Left Hander
SR Rollie Fingers
MR Robb Nen
LRP Don Sutton
Bench
3B Edgar Martinez
UT Melissa Mayeux
OF Turkey Stearnes
OF Mickey Mantle
C Buck Ewing

Batting Orders
Vs RHP
# Name Position
1 Rickey Henderson LF
2 Stan Musial RF
3 Ted Williams DH
4 Albert Pujols 1B
5 Yogi Berra C
6 Eddie Mathews 3B
7 Ryne Sandberg 2B
8 Oscar Charleston CF
9 Cal Ripken SS

Versus LHP
# Name Position
1 Rickey Henderson LF
2 Albert Pujols 1B
3 Ted Williams DH
4 Stan Musial RF
5 Yogi Berra C
6 Edgar Martinez 3B
7 Ryne Sandberg 2B
8 Oscar Charleston CF
9 Cal Ripken SS

berrayo01,1953,,,,,
pujolal01,2012,,,,,
sandbry01,1989,,,,,
ripkeca01,1991,,,,,
matheed01,1960,,,,,
henderi01,1982,,,,,
musiast01,1947,,,,,
willite01,1950,,,,,
youngcy01,1909,,,,,
mathech01,1916,,,,,
youngcy01,1909,,,,,
alexape01,1926,,,,,
spaldal01,1874,,,,,
mathech01,1906,,,,,
fingero01,1968,,,,,
nenro01,1996,,,,,
Suttodo01,1968,,,,,
martied01,1988,,,,,
mantlmi01,1965,,,,,
Ewingbu01,1888,,,,,

Plus Chelsea Baker, Melissa Mayeux, Turkey Stearnes, The Peoples Left hander, and Oscar Charleston.

Pash fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 1, 2017

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Wow. What a roller coaster, and it's awesome to be on it.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Pash posted:

Twin Cities Triad Roster

berrayo01
pujolal01
sandbry01
ripkeca01
matheed01
henderi01
musiast01
willite01
youngcy01
mathech01
youngcy01
alexape01
spaldal01
mathech01
fingero01
nenro01
Suttodo01
martied01
mantlmi01
Ewingbu01

Plus Chelsea Baker, Melissa Mayeux, Turkey Stearnes, The Peoples Left hander, and Oscar Charleston.

Put years in.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Put years in.

Oops! on it. Sorry.

Edit: Fixed. Also when I started I accidentally said Yogi Berra was from 1593.

Pash fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 1, 2017

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Akabira Killer Mikes

Seaver to Long Relief, Arrieta taking his spot in the rotation. Sherdel to MR and Mays to SR.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

SCARY MONSTERSand Super FreaksTAG TEAM ROSTER

CSV File: Watch out for the last line which is Yog-Sothoth, a created player
code:
maddugr01,1995,,,,Greg,Maddux
hamelco01,2013,,,,Cole,Hamels
clemero02,1986,,,,Roger,Clemens
blylebe01,1985,,,,Bert,Blyleven
johnsra05,1993,,,,Randy,Johnson
wagnebi02,2003,,,,Billy,Wagner
suttebr01,1983,,,,Bruce,Sutter
melanma01,2015,,,,Mark,Melancon
oroscje01,1983,,,,Jesse,Orosco
smoltjo01,1993,,,,John,Smoltz
ryanno01,1982,,,,Nolan,Ryan
brettge01,1977,,,,George,Brett
carewro01,1977,,,,Rod,Carew
bankser01,1960,,,,Ernie,Banks
boggswa01,1991,,,,Wade,Boggs
riceji01,1977,,,,Jim,Rice
lynnfr01,1977,,,,Fred,Lynn
clemero01,1964,,,,Roberto,Clemente
burksel01,1991,,,,Ellis,Burks
fiskca01,1977,,,,Carlton,Fisk
randowi01,1977,,,,Willie,Randolph
pedrodu01,2010,,,,Dustin,Pedroia
burleri01,1977,,,,Rick,Burleson
munsoth01,1977,,,,Thurman,Munson
ERROR: No match found for ???? Yog-Sothoth.
Pitching and Lineups
code:
1.) Maddux
2.) Hamels
3.) Clemens
4.) Blyleven
5.) Johnson, caught by Fisk

CL.) Wagner
SU.) Sutter
SR1.) Melancon
SR2.) Orosco
MR.) Smoltz
LR.) Ryan

Vs. RHP
1.) Carew, 2B
2.) Banks, SS
3.) Boggs, 3B
4.) Clemente, RF
5.) Brett, 1B
6.) YOG-SOTHOTH, C
7.) Lynn, CF
8.) Rice, LF
9.) Randolph, DH

Vs. LHP
1.) Carew, 2B
2.) Banks, SS
3.) Boggs, 3B
4.) Clemente, RF
5.) Brett, 1B
6.) YOG-SOTHOTH, C
7.) Burks, CF
8.) Rice, LF
9.) Randolph, DH
DivineCoffeeBinge, does this work for you?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

FairGame posted:

DivineCoffeeBinge, does this work for you?

Sure does!

This should be neat. I want to see how your pitching staff's numbers with Yog-Sothoth catching compare to their usual numbers. It won't be a perfect comparison, given that the quality of our opponents will be different as well, but it should provide an interesting bit of data for "how good are otherworldly pitch framing skills?"

Because I suspect they're pretty drat good.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anime-niacs Roster

CSV:

code:
ottme01,1939,,,,Mel,Ott
mantlmi01,1953,,,,Mickey,Mantle
musiast01,1955,,,,Stan,Musial
averiea01,1936,,,,Earl,Averill
medwijo01,1939,,,,Joe,Medwick
torrejo01,1967,,,,Joe,Torre
ryanno01,1984,,,,Nolan,Ryan
zieglbr01,2016,,,,Brad,Ziegler
kimbrcr01,2016,,,,Craig,Kimbrel
tazawju01,2016,,,,Junichi,Tazawa
ueharko01,2016,,,,Koji,Uehara
lombaer01,1939,,,,Ernie,Lombardi
carewro01,1970,,,,Rod,Carew
gehrilo01,1932,,,,Lou,Gehrig
ramirma02,2004,,,,Manny,Ramirez
boudrlo01,1948,,,,Lou,Boudreau
kellge01,1954,,,,George,Kell
matheed01,1960,,,,Eddie,Mathews
wardjo01,1882,,,,Monte,Ward
johnswa01,1916,,,,Walter,Johnson
powelja01,1899,,,,Jack,Powell
planked01,1902,,,,Eddie,Plank
sallesl01,1916,,,,Slim,Sallee
delahed01,1901,,,,Ed,Delahanty
francju01,1987,,,,Julio,Franco
Pitching and Lineups:
code:
Rotation:
SP1 Walter Johnson
SP2 Eddie Plank
SP3 Monte Ward, caught by Lombardi
SP4 Jack Powell
SP5 Slim Sallee

Bullpen:
CL Craig Kimbrel
SU: Koji Uehara
SR: Brad Ziegler
MR: Junichi Tazawa
LR: Nolan Ryan

Lineup:
1) 2B Carew
2) 1B Gehrig
3) 3B Mathews/Kell (vs RHP/LHP respectively)
4) CF Mantle
5) RF Ott
6) DH Ramirez
7) LF Musial
8) C Torre
9) SS Boudreau

Bench:
3B Platoon
Lombardi, catching for Ward
Ed Delahanty
Julio Franco
Joe Medwick
Earl Averill
Harlock, please confirm if that's we wanna run it!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Alright, I guess the all-star break means some changing around can be done.

First, sort the rotation Schillings by ERA. I could describe what the rotation would look like afterwards, but it's probably easier to just look at the numbers. Then, set SP1 Schilling as the next starter. Then, send down Joe Jackson, call up Ed McKean.

Finally, new lineups, with DH:

#1: Roger Bresnahan, C
#2: Joe Kelley, 1B
#3: Eddie Collins, 2B
#4: Sam Thompson, LF
#5: Paul Waner, RF
#6: Joe Sewell, SS
#7: Jimmy Ryan, CF
#8: George Davis, 3B
#9: Ed McKean, DH

Bench:
Hugh Duffy
Rick Ferrell
Kenny Lofton
Frankie Frisch
Roger Connor

For the no-DH lineups, just put McKean on the bench.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Monathin posted:

Anime-niacs Roster

CSV:

code:
ottme01,1939,,,,Mel,Ott
mantlmi01,1953,,,,Mickey,Mantle
musiast01,1955,,,,Stan,Musial
averiea01,1936,,,,Earl,Averill
medwijo01,1939,,,,Joe,Medwick
torrejo01,1967,,,,Joe,Torre
ryanno01,1984,,,,Nolan,Ryan
zieglbr01,2016,,,,Brad,Ziegler
kimbrcr01,2016,,,,Craig,Kimbrel
tazawju01,2016,,,,Junichi,Tazawa
ueharko01,2016,,,,Koji,Uehara
lombaer01,1939,,,,Ernie,Lombardi
carewro01,1970,,,,Rod,Carew
gehrilo01,1932,,,,Lou,Gehrig
ramirma02,2004,,,,Manny,Ramirez
boudrlo01,1948,,,,Lou,Boudreau
kellge01,1954,,,,George,Kell
matheed01,1960,,,,Eddie,Mathews
wardjo01,1882,,,,Monte,Ward
johnswa01,1916,,,,Walter,Johnson
powelja01,1899,,,,Jack,Powell
planked01,1902,,,,Eddie,Plank
sallesl01,1916,,,,Slim,Sallee
delahed01,1901,,,,Ed,Delahanty
francju01,1987,,,,Julio,Franco
Pitching and Lineups:
code:
Rotation:
SP1 Walter Johnson
SP2 Eddie Plank
SP3 Monte Ward, caught by Lombardi
SP4 Jack Powell
SP5 Slim Sallee

Bullpen:
CL Craig Kimbrel
SU: Koji Uehara
SR: Brad Ziegler
MR: Junichi Tazawa
LR: Nolan Ryan

Lineup:
1) 2B Carew
2) 1B Gehrig
3) 3B Mathews/Kell (vs RHP/LHP respectively)
4) CF Mantle
5) RF Ott
6) DH Ramirez
7) LF Musial
8) C Torre
9) SS Boudreau

Bench:
3B Platoon
Lombardi, catching for Ward
Ed Delahanty
Julio Franco
Joe Medwick
Earl Averill
Harlock, please confirm if that's we wanna run it!
I believe that we will win.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Harlock posted:

I believe that we will win.

Put a birthday cake in that image and you've got steambot cake

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

SUPER LEAGUE XCOM2, CHAPTER 8: STARRING SHEPARD AND THE WORLD'S MOST VOLATILE FORKLIFT
...I don't know what happened to episode 7. My naming scheme is all screwed up.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Now that you have revealed the location of the Super League headquarters, get ready for some good old-fashioned goonrushing :twisted:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Nega-Llamas select 1969 Bob Gibson.

Rabidsquid and his mexicutioners are up

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League IX, Week 14: I Believe In Modern Love

Games of the Weak

Keith Wuncler CXXXIV posted:

SOURCES: BARRY BONDS "WASN'T THAT GOOD ANYWAY"

Whatever goofy plans the Modern Love had this season, it wasn't sliding into the cellar and nesting there, locking in a 30 year fixed rate mortgage and telling all their friends that the new location of the Labyrinth was in a dank hole at the bottom of Feast or Fired...forever! Disappointment attaches to most projects in the Super-League, but this was an especially brutal turn of events since there were high hopes for this team. Each series was an episode in humiliation and regret.

One, foggy, dank day this all changed. On that day, a deeper fog, somehow cast a pall over the entire Labyrinth, even when such a place contains a floor called the Bog of Eternal Stench. For Jareth would be released from the oubliette of the division. Woe to all the other teams in the Bush League! The Goblin King rises!

Not far, but you have to start somewhere.

The Broomstackers, having left their own Bog of Eternal Stench to travel to this, have been an inscrutable team. What's a Broomstacker? Why do they live in Nova Scotia? What possessed Orange King to voluntarily go to such a place? Or was it in fact not wholly voluntary? In the end it does not matter. They came from one inescapable and miserable place to another. And here, in this particular swamp, they met their weekly doom.

This was not a game that highlighted these teams' offense. That's not to say that the teams' starters were all that great either. For those that have had the misfortune to play at the Labyrinth, strikes abound, and home runs get swallowed into the murk to be turned into lazy fly outs. But any team that puts a few singles together often get the benefit of the strange layout of the stadium as fielders have to throw left at the third base line, through a spatial anomaly and to the first baseman.

Tim Keefe, perhaps, wasn't the best choice for this venue. When you pitch to contact, you better hope you can field, and the strange declivities in spacetime makes the double play a wee difficult for visitors. The first pitch became a double for the Muppet masquerading as Tony Gwynn. A mid-80's fastball turned into an RBI single for Ed-Mart. That was one.

Sid Fernandez, who at least had the right idea of striking out people, failed to reckon that in a mythical place, men of legend like Ser Barrold will still defeat you, as he whacked one out of the mists despite the magic that bounds flyballs to the fielder's gloves. I haven't explained that? It's magic. gently caress you. Anyway, Ser Barrold, Slayer of Pitchers, took his trot around the bases. Rattled but not out of it, Sid squirmed out with only the homer and two walks to wound his pride.

This was as hot as the offense got. The batters drew walks off of Keefe and Modern Love regained the lead on a Ser Barrold sac fly. The Broomstackers took a Wade Boggs double to even the score. Bases filled and emptied with the ease of an aggravated sigh. A goblin masquerading as Ken Griffey struck a single through the gap in left to score one, and it was 3-2.

Then.

Nothing.

Though it was only the fifth inning, with much game left, it was as though a switch was thrown and all activity ceased. Maybe the strenuous exercise enervated all the players. Maybe there was something in the fog that neither side could deal with; the Broomstackers thriving on a particular miasma that this present locale did not present and the Modern Love running low on the magic that sustains the illusion of being a competent ball team. The only runner, if he could be called that, was the one put on base when Keefe beaned Oberkfell, out of what might be called the desire to see if there was anything beyond an autonomic nerve response animating these people.

In the end, the game sputtered to a close.

“After 10,000 games I’m free of the basement!” cackled a triumphant Jareth. “Oh goodness. It hasn’t been that long has it?” He turned to one of his minions in confirmation.

“Ain’t that long,” confirmed the goblin that was presently emulating V-Mart. “It is the All-Star Break though, we could use this freedom to kidnap babies. Or we could sit around and smell our own farts. Oh who are we kidding, we’d do that anyway.”

“I’m an immortal magical being and I don’t know what I did to deserve this. Is this punishment or a reward? At least I don’t have to spend another eternity here. I’ve said otherwise but holy smelly miasma that surrounds us, this was a nightmare.”

”Hey boss, it’ll never compare with being in Halifax. I suspect those guys,” V-Mart jerking a thumb at the dolorous band in the other dugout, “find this smelly hole an improvement. How else can you explain our sweep?”

”We were the superior team and won out of the strength of our hearts and soul?” asked Jareth hopefully.

The unending laughter coming from all the goblins gave the answer anyone could need.

FREE FREE TO CONQUER THE EARTH FEAST OR FIRED

- Sid Fernandez had a good game! Whether that’s from the stadium or not is up for interpretation.

- Keefe is really unlucky, but such as it is.

- A blood sacrifice was required for this dark magic. Whom shall we use? Spoiler: It was Bonds.

Box Score

Frank Gaiman posted:

TSUNAMIS ROLL OVER DINOSAURS, WIN 10th STRAIGHT

Brookings - Pander said after the EC that the Tsunamis were doomed and that pungry should just take over the filler team to have any chance at all of not sucking and dying.

Everyone assumed this was true, because this was Pander talking. And he's some sort of freaky baseball wizard.

So when the Tsunamis swept the Losers--including a massive drubbing behind Jimmy Key--earlier in the week, one can be forgiven for assuming it was only a temporary blip on the radar.

But then they ran over the Dinosaurs, completing the sweep with a spirited comeback in the late innings today. With a 6-5 win, the Tsunamis won their 10th straight game, moved to 47-39 heading into the break, and are only half a game out of first place in their division.

Naturally, a team that looked so listless was going to have some unexpected heroes.

And, indeed, that's what happened today. Paul O'Neill staked the Tsunamis to a 2-0 lead with his fourth homer of the season, a two-run shot in the second inning.

I briefly thought about trying to make a Paul O'Neill/Seinfeld reference here, and that perhaps pungry had asked O'Neill to hit a homer for a sick kid. But then I remembered that O'Neill went to Donald Trump rallies and is a poo poo person probably, so gently caress him. Anyway, he homered. Good for him.

Anyway, the lead was short-lived, as the Dinosaurs clawed their way to three runs in the third inning. Buddy Myer, who is suddenly an offensive juggernaut, doubled to tie it at two, then came around to score when Eddie Collins threw what should've been the third out into the dugout. Collins, acquired in the Super Draft, was already demonstrably not very good.

Things just got worse for the Tsunamis an inning later, as Jack Coombs grooved a go-ahead fastball with two out and a man on versus Don Drysdale.

Granted, Drysdale was a pretty superb hitter for a pitcher! He hit 29 loving home runs in his career, putting up a .186/.228/.295 batting line. But still--it's the pitcher with two outs. He crushed the fastball out to left to stake Brookings to a 5-2 lead.

That's how it stayed until the seventh, when O'Neill started another rally. He singled, moved to second on a single by Robin Yount, and then both runers advanced on a sac bunt. Wade Boggs and Collins followed that with even more singles, and Stan Musial beat out a double play grounder to tie it at five. Inexplicably, at no point did Drysdale leave the mount during this inning in which he gave up four hits.

Perhaps it was for the bst, though, as Greg Holland relieved in the eighth for Brookings and immediately agave up a leadoff double to Mike Piazza. He'd later score on a Yount single.

The Tsunamis bullpen isn't one that should engender confidence. Alan Embree, who was a pretty good lefty specialist in his day but certainly not anyone that should be feared, came in to face an all-lefty lineup of Dickey/Cano/Thome. He got the first two before alowing a double to Thome, but recovered to retire Jesse Burkett--another lefty.

Trevor Hoffman, an actual good reliever, pitched a scoreless ninth for the win.

Forzelt sighed as he considered his team's lackluster performance. "You'd think I'd be more upset about this, but really this was easily foreseen," he said.

He took out a spreadsheet. "In the Subpar League, there are really very few truly good teams and very few truly bad ones. The Losers are good, I think. Dat Bois are probably also a good squad but the mere mention of them seems to shake some owners into apoplectic rage, so let's assume they're just another mediocrity for the sake of argument."

He paused, allowing folks to take this in, before continuing. "So let's assume that the probability of any team winning in any given game, more or less, is a coin flip. Fifty percent. A .500 team. Thus, the probability of a team winning 10 straight games would be point five to the tenth, or about one hundredth of one percent."

The crowd gasped. "A one in ten thousand chance is pretty rare!" acknowledged Forzelt. "But what you fail to realize is that there are virtually infinite combinations of 10 consecutive games in a season. 153 such combinations, in fact."

"And if you assume the Tsunamis are nothing special, then really all you're looking for is the probability that any team wins ten straight. Not that of the Tsunamis. So that means it's really the number of teams in the Super League multiplied by that number. And twenty four times one hundred fifty three is about thirty six hundred."

Everyone paused, not sure that this was all correct math. Indeed, pretty sure that it wasn't. But Forzelt was undaunted. "So when you've got about 3600 chances, you're really looking somewhere in the neighborhood of one in three for something that's a one in ten thousand chance. Really, all the Tsunamis did was get lucky to be the one team in the Subpar League that could pull this off. I'm sure they'll sink down to their true talent level in short order."

A reporter asked why someone with such a great grasp of statistics would stack so many lefthanders in the lineup, a scenario that's easily abused by lefty specialists out of the bullpen. Forzelt had an answer for that, too.

"gently caress you. That's why," he said.

Pungry, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment as he was too busy trying to find the right Coldplay song to rename his team for their pending ascension to the Super League.

GAME NOTES

- The Tsunamis' best hitter is Stan Musial. Naturally he went 0-5 on the day.

- Jim Thome made an error at third base. In other news, water is wet.

- Another game with a nice temperature!

- ALL STAR BREAK, BABY!

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Look at all those home games! You better win them.

Analysis

Pete is giving up a lot of home runs, which is weird. Anyway, Bonds is back now.

Analysis

This seems like a problem.

Analysis

Maybe one of your 69 other pitchers can fix things.

Analysis

The lineup is doing fine, but it needs a bit more oomph to get you out of the average tier.

Analysis

Just get 4 more Pedros and you'll be doing great.

Analysis

Kershaw had another 7-run/1.2-inning game a few weeks back. That guy can't catch a break!

Analysis

Kimbrel and Ziegler show us that no matter how many guys a reliever strikes out, they still probably suck.

Analysis

If you want back in the Super-League, it's time to kill dem bois.

Analysis

You should have trusted in Old Satchel rear end.

Analysis

Smoltz should stop losing.

Analysis

Not impossible for you to fix everything and save my job.

Analysis

Manny's last 10 games: .459/.535/.892.

Analysis

I never really looked at Sid Fernandez's stats in real life before. He was good! But his control is iffy and he's really struggling against right-handed hitters for you.

Analysis

The icemen goeth.

Analysis

The offense is not working. Time to get Nap in there.

Analysis

Unstoppable!

Analysis

No-thing is impofsible.

Analysis

Luckily, you already have a huge lead.

Analysis

Buh.

Standings

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Aww, come on, really? I put Babe Ruth at DH specifically to lessen the chance of injury...and he still gets injured. *sigh* Babe Ruth to DL, call up Paul Goldschmidt to DH. In my non-DH lineup for the upcoming games, Duke Snider to RF, Earle Combs to CF.
Also, let's switch up the catcher platoon in all lineups: Bill Dickey catches for Martinez, Greinke, Brown, and Roy Campanella catches for Gibson, Perry.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Mexico City Mexicutioners cannot resist the opportunity to take a cool player instead of being beholden to a gimmick and select 1933 Cool Papa Bell, Dannomack and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are on the clock!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
DannoMack if you're still looking for a lefty 2B to platoon with/rest Stephenson I'll trade '76 Rod Carew for this pick.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

So...I haven't really bothered to use the microphone on my XCOM2 recordings since it's unreliable and I also don't want to wake up my wife. Which means it's just me playing pretty good XCOM rather than a proper LP. Maybe I'll eventually get around to doing a proper LP with its own thread, but for now...

Let's skip ahead a few chapters from the last update. Major events since then: I raided the aliens' blacksite at which point I discovered that the aliens are secretly melting down humans into goo for ~nefarious purposes~. (It's basically the same thing the Collectors were doing in XCOM2). I continue blowing up their poo poo and getting tech advancements, liberating all of North America and Europe. Southeast Asia is next on the list.

Everything was going smoothly--and only in the 4th month of the campaign, which is quite early! And then...

This happened. The aliens shot down my base. Which prompts the game's Base Defense mission. Endless waves of enemies, and your mission is to get across the map to blow up the beam that's keeping your ship grounded. And then get back to the Avenger or the soldier is lost forever. Oh, and if the enemies reach the Avenger, it's an instant game over. Given that I'm playing ironman mode, it'd basically render the last 15 hours of gameplay moot; it's a campaign ending event.

Pretty unlucky for me! I can't imagine anything being worse than an early Avenger Defense!

...oh.
SUPER LEAGUE XCOM2: A VERY SPECIAL CHAPTER WITH GUEST STARS CLANGBANG, FEASTMODE, GENERICGIRLNAME, AND KW0134

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

A post-Barry world, eh? Guess I'll need to draft an outfielder. Which isn't so bad since I was gonna need a DH for the Gauntlet anyway.

Please make the following changes:

1.) Bonds to the DL. Sutter up in his place.
2.) New bullpen alignment: Wagner/Melancon/Sutter/Orosco/Smoltz/Unit
3.) Lineup changes

1.) Gwynn, RF
2.) Trammell, SS
3.) Griffey, CF (Platoon with Smith)
4.) Burks, LF
5.) Grace, 1B (Platoon with Edgar)
6.) Madlock, 2B
7.) VMart, C (Platoon with Piazza)
8.) Oberkfell, 3B

:siren: I'D LIKE TO MAKE A TRADE!
Available: 1995 Barry Bonds, 1995 Mike Piazza, maybe 1993 Edgar Martinez?
Desired: An ace-level starting pitcher (1981-present). Rickey Henderson. Lou Whitaker. Albert Pujols.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Here are the teams I have tag rosters for:

Arcade MACHINE (Sheikhs/Warriors)
The Third Law (Mexicutioners/H-Zephyrs)
CanaDA Bomb! (Bombers/RCMP)
Flying Hellfish (Cloggers/B-Zephyrs)
The Cool Guys (Doom/Crows)
DC Cabal (Dat Bois/Bonus Wagner)
gently caress Defense (Llamas/Mobsters)
Giant Losers (Losers/Giants)
Guernica (Panderers/Generics)
Hellhounds (Corgis/Dragons)
Black and Blues (Forgettables/Blues)
Moon Science (Landers/Scientists)
Anime-Maniacs (Triple H/Harlock's Team)
Super-Freaks and Scary Monsters (Modern Love/Innsmouth Lookers)
Twin Cities Triad (Commission/Marmosets)

Let me know if I'm missing anyone.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Here are the teams I have tag rosters for:

Anime-Maniacs (Triple H/Harlock's Team)

Let me know if I'm missing anyone.

I'm not seeing the paper knights

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&pagenumber=1321&perpage=40#post468945179"

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Thank you, Shepard.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The very first name in your csv file is clearly wrong and going to lead to Mogul loving up. So, make sure it's right.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

I am disappointed in the turn-out for the tag team tournament. I feel like I have failed.

Granted, I usually feel like that. Nonetheless...

Tag Team Tournament XI Pick 'em

Who Will Win Pool A? (5 Points)

Who Will Win Pool B? (5 Points)

Who Will Win Pool C? (5 Points)
Monateam VI (Janus/Nine)

Who Will Win Pool D? (5 Points)
Anime-Maniacs (Triple H/Slimes)
Paper Knights (Knights/Tsunamis)
The Buddy System (Dinos/Jobbers)

Who Will Win the 11th Tag Team Tournament ? (15 Points)

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
!!!!!! A trade !!!!!!

To basecloggers:
This pick

To RCMP:
70 Pedro Borbon
03 bill Bernhard
27 Riggs Stephenson
62 Willie Mccovey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

DannoMack posted:

!!!!!! A trade !!!!!!

To basecloggers:
This pick

To RCMP:
70 Borbon
03 bill Bernhard
27 Riggs Stephenson
62 Willie Mccovey

Accepted and we will take Walter Johnson. Nothing bad happena with shittons of old pitchers right ?