Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
the episode was really good

I like how in both taco bell episodes they begin by saying how much they love taco bell, then spend 45 minutes talking about how disgusting it is, then end the show by giving it really high fork ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Work Friend Keven posted:

One of my favorite doughboy things is Mitch being the tough guy who instantly drops out of the bit and gets mad if you call him anything

"I wanna talk about the ad, people said they cut out the stutters, I didn't stutter!"
[ten minutes pass]
"Oh, and I CAN READ"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

little munchkin posted:

the episode was really good

I like how in both taco bell episodes they begin by saying how much they love taco bell, then spend 45 minutes talking about how disgusting it is, then end the show by giving it really high fork ratings

to be fair loving taco bell because it's a dumpster full of tacos you can just dive into is pretty common

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Neil Hamburger, a comedian, occasionally goes on huge twitter sprees where he just retweets every message anyone has posted about puking after eating taco bell. it just goes on and on and on.

but people never learn, do they.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we gotta get out of here, Walter's here.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I died at the end with the Quincy video.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I think Mitch needs to stop trying to hide his masshole accent. All his buddies accents are great. I loved the sharkfin soup bit the one guy had.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GoutPatrol posted:

I died at the end with the Quincy video.

that, and the follow-up, was easily the best bit the podcast has ever had

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Oh man this was an awful episode.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

n8r posted:

Oh man this was an awful episode.

I enjoyed it but it wasn't Doughboys.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
It was pretty bad. Only good part was Mitch getting super uncomfortable talking about his personal life.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

40 minutes in and not hating it, when's it get bad?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They immediately seque into talking about Taco Bell at this moment but "I got molested" is not something I ever expected to hear uttered in earnest on Doughboys.

e: the guest is 100% wrong a few minutes later when he says they don't need the fast food hook, there's dozens of "comedians just getting real about life" podcasts I could listen to and I don't cause I want to hear two funny guys talk about the garbage I eat every day

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 3, 2017

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

You guys are weird. Bobby Lee is great on every podcast: genuine and honest and hilarious and sweet and always brings up his molestation and making GBS threads on MadTV stories.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

e: the guest is 100% wrong a few minutes later when he says they don't need the fast food hook, there's dozens of "comedians just getting real about life" podcasts I could listen to and I don't cause I want to hear two funny guys talk about the garbage I eat every day

I don't think they need more about the food at this point. They spend maybe a third of each episode on the food when you consider tangents etc. The dynamic between the hosts and guest is the main draw to me. I don't really care what they think about taco bell the third time through, I wanna know how they're gonna roast mitch and how mitch will clumsily come after wiger in response. because he's a robot.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
They have to be saving McDonald's for the 100th episode right??

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You would think so but:
https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/827338695489380352

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I really like the episodes where the guest desperately wants to talk about the food, like the recent Spencer Crittenden one

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I think they need some sort of hook / basis for the episode. I think some of best parts of the show are the stupidly complicated rules and ratings they have for the restaurant. I think that was why the burger shootout were IMHO their best work. Each episode kept layering on more and more absurdity to the entire thing. I think the 'standard' episodes could stand to have a bit more of the ongoing 'yes and' rules and ratings silliness.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
As the resident Doughboys expert, I feel like I should weigh in.

It was an okay episode, not great. I imagine it's tough to talk about Taco Bell for the third time. So that may be why it started off derailed.
They do need the fast food hook, but I agree with the guest. Some of the better banter has been non-food related. It just wasn't ever actual molestation related.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Hell, same

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

djnkro posted:

Some of the better banter has been non-food related. It just wasn't ever actual molestation related.

Yea I listen because the hosts are funny, not because I actually care what the food at Chili's tastes like.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I exclusively care about the food reviews and I'm boycotting this podcast till they review
1 McDonalds
2 KFC
3 Dunkin Donuts

Business
Feb 6, 2007

This was the greatest podcast episode of all time

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Bobby Lee antagonizing them was pretty funny but as soon as i saw he was the guest I knew i was gonna be hearing an hour of him talking about taking drugs during MAD tv and making GBS threads himself or whatever, the same stories he tells literally every time someone puts a microphone near him

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I liked back before Adam Corolla alientated every person in entertainment when he'd go on random podcasts and tell his exact same story regardless of what the podcast was or was about, the only question being at what point he'd advise young people to buy a house with their friends instead of renting.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

I liked back before Adam Corolla alientated every person in entertainment when he'd go on random podcasts and tell his exact same story regardless of what the podcast was or was about, the only question being at what point he'd advise young people to buy a house with their friends instead of renting.

to be fair he does that on his own podcast as well

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I can't tell if I dislike all showbiz stories or if Bobby Lee is just a terrible storyteller

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I was all set to change my tune about him until “I will gently caress, sir”

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I exclusively care about the food reviews and I'm boycotting this podcast till they review
1 McDonalds
2 KFC
3 Dunkin Donuts

They've already done Dunkin Donuts - at least somewhat - episode 66.

The telling the same story on every podcast reminds me of Hardwick talking about his Dad being a pro bowler. The last thing this world needs is comedians 'getting real' AKA talking about the biz and how they broke into comedy.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I'm with Bobby Lee. Mad TV was the good old days of TV comedy, and Modern Family and Big Bang Theory are rare, great comedy shows.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

n8r posted:

The telling the same story on every podcast reminds me of Hardwick talking about his Dad being a pro bowler. The last thing this world needs is comedians 'getting real' AKA talking about the biz and how they broke into comedy.

Artie Lange does the same thing with his story about buying cocaine while wearing a prosthetic pig head, but that's a lot better story than Bobby Lee's.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i just listened to the episode and lol at bobby saying "I was molested" and "can we talk about taco bell?" within a few minutes of each other and both of them coming off as complete non-sequiturs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

n8r posted:

Yeah the "you don't need a hook, you can just hear my molestation story for the 10th time! Don't you see!?!?" point he tried to make was pretty funny.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I'm with Bobby Lee. Mad TV was the good old days of TV comedy, and Modern Family and Big Bang Theory are rare, great comedy shows.

Also, lol.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Tomorrow's episode is BJ's with the Hollywood Handbook guys. Should be great.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Sounds like it's gonna be good, can't wait for the mcdonalds review so I can go back and listen to this one.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Sounds like it's gonna be good, can't wait for the mcdonalds review so I can go back and listen to this one.

13 more eps or so I'm sure.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's Edie Falco.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

If they do McDonalds at 100 they should do something goofy like only review the dollar menu or breakfast only. Just to piss people off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the handbook guys on doughboys is perfect