Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Fain80 posted:

In your mind do you pronounce MoMA as:

Moe (rhymes with joe)
Ma (like grandMA)

Or...

Momma

/toʊst/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
Is the game out yet? I was vaguely aware of the original kickstarter but I have been out of the loop since. I saw that FPS demo a few years ago and it looked cool.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I saw that! :glomp:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Kinda inferring here but Jake is gone? I havent seen him in a long time. Dolvak just responded to someone calling him a lying thief by "Nice alt jake"

You know there is some amount of irony when they constantly consider anybody with a dissenting opinion to be a goon or Derek Smart alt, while the big supporters are known to be successful e-marketing strategists.

I'm sure they're not logging into a pool of random accounts and poo poo posting love everywhere on the reddit thing and the internet. Kind of like that Huxley person just happening to post about Star Citizen everywhere. I'm sure it's definitely not a paid professional marketer. :ohdear:

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
prolly been posted but

catte's dick taxe

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Hey maybe we could all obey the rules of the road in GTA

Just for a while you know

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Hey maybe we could all obey the rules of the road in GTA

Just for a while you know

why crash all over the city causing explosions and stuff?

You really need to drink in the cityscape and the care that went into modeling all the buildings and environments.

make sure to use your turn signals and keep it at a steady 45 mph, for the first few months at least.

that guy expecting people to do anything "for the first few months" would be one of thousands of spergs that realize the game is just a game and their autism armada is worthless within a day of the game coming out, which it never will

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

"Chris Roberts has been wildly successful and is the father of an entire genre of gaming, which is why he had to ask us for money to make his game

Contradictions? gently caress YOU DEREK SMART"

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

This motherfucker needs cutting until he never calls crobbler a loving "founding father".

His game was already dated dated when it released, and the fuckstick is literally ignoring all the 8bit sims that were all loving amazing for their day.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Xaerael posted:

This motherfucker needs cutting until he never calls crobbler a loving "founding father".

His game was already dated dated when it released, and the fuckstick is literally ignoring all the 8bit sims that were all loving amazing for their day.

The revolutionary combat i've seen backers jerk off over was out like a year before Wing Commander too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9FbaMhByFs

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

intardnation posted:

how much thrust to get ben or lando off the floor?

Ben.. off the..hahahaha...flooBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<wheezes for a moment>

HAHAHAHAAHAHBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

<wheezes some more while wiping away tears>

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

You and I both know Chris Roberts is getting his report on thread activity, and some unlucky guy has to stand there and look at the ground as Chris looks over these pictures.

Slowly his fists ball as he crumples the paper, a single tear streaking down his face. Then he tugs on his phone and pushes it towards the poor underling as he demands, "I don't know how to use this thing so get Restoration Hardware on the loving phone now!!" :byodood:

He'll be damned before some dumb broad, who thinks B-52s flew in WW2, gets to have a better airplane office than he does.

Not dumb. Just not a sperg.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Why are the Crate and crowbar podcast people still referring to this game as an actual game?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Cactus posted:

Why are the Crate and crowbar podcast people still referring to this game as an actual game?

Furthermore

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

This dumpster fire sure is toasty, I don't even have to wear a jacket, I love this pillar of flame and I hope it never ends

This warmth...This is good.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

Here's my own recollection of history...

Before Derek was on the scene, people like Beer4TheBeerGod were already doubting the project was possible, and actively posting about it being junk.

Now I don't believe the whole "it's a scam" came up before Derek though, he was involved by then.

But even without Derek, I think we'd all be at the same place today, though probably with less mass comedy and there'd be no hate forum on reddit dedicated to him.

Unfortunately Derek existing or not existing in the games timeline doesn't make it suddenly be great. Star Citizen would still be in the same condition it is now. Really though, it might be in worse condition today without Derek, because no doubt Chris has spent many hours yelling at people to get more done just to prove Derek wrong. In a comically round about fashion, Derek's involvement has probably helped Star Citizen be a better game. :shrug:

Before Derek, the bogeyman was named manzes and crobberts used to rant about him and his alt's meddlesome efforts to foil Star Citizen so if the Deed Smalls narrative had not prevailed an identical counterfud campaign focused on manzes, leader of the damned, would be there in its place.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The revolutionary combat i've seen backers jerk off over was out like a year before Wing Commander too

:five:

Like Chris could have ever come up with any non derivative idea ..... ever ..... Chris is a HACK. [Full Stop] always as been .....

..... for ever a has been.

It's only the fools (many who are here, posting after refunds and the like that ever made him anything other that that.) that have lead to this event, had a mister no body fronted with this idea/dream it would NOT have go the initial money to become the scam it is.

Any one who ever funded this has some level of blame to themselves.

It was always CHRIS ROBERTS, Derek why did you fund it?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Polish Avenger posted:

Same.

I don't think I'll ever look into the game proper but I really enjoy the universe. I can play through Space Marine a few times a year still. I'm keeping an eye on that early access game (Eternal Crusade, found it) that's looking to do large scale multiplayer Space Marine, I'm hoping they can get that working nicely.

Don't hold your breath. It's already been dumbed down to basically space marine multiplayer with some lovely vehicles. The original scope of the game was amazing but I would compare it to Star Citizen levels of impossible. They changed the scope of it to actually be down to a multiplayer 3rd person shooter. A very bad one too.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Look hateboners are not the same thing as boners okay

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This game was fuckin garbage. I was like 8 and knew it was garbage which is impressive considering the poo poo I liked at that age

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

*a year*

1979 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_VDM8nC9sM

1973-1974 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEJMLeT1wM

The latter supported 32 players.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Also good examples, as are the other games that had things like planetary landings.

but you see Chris Roberts is a legendary visionary genius because the dream of backers is so great they had to create a great man to be able to plausibly believe their own bullshit.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Chris Roberts invented gaming, sex

VoltairePunk
Dec 26, 2012

I have become Umlaut, destroyer of words
Have found this little gem: http://www.glixel.com/interviews/expanse-writer-franck-on-star-citizen-mass-effect-3-w464385.

This part especially made me chuckle:

quote:

What's that one that they've been in development for a thousand years that was a giant Kickstarter?

Star Citizen: In development for a thousand years

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Let's check on Humility...

or not.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

or not.

I feel expanding, like balloon

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

or not.

Thanks for spilling my coffee

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I feel expanding, like balloon

his nibs fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 3, 2017

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sunbathing ben that can"t get up.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

No words

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Humility, after his refund.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Raskolnikov posted:

or not.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What the hell am I looking at?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

or not.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I hate Wulf and think hes knowingly profitting off a scam but those ex INN dudes did a lot of illegal poo poo to him lol. Its an awesome story.

lol the Relay dudes still haven't returned INN's original Twitter account.

What did they do? Like anything SC streamer related I can never keep track of all the different factions. At one point it was literally INN vs INN.