Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want my waifus/husbandos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got a 5* camilla to start which has been nice, and a 4* cecilia, and now i have a 5* lucina so im having a ball

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ShinyDais posted:

You can upgrade 3*s all the way to 5*s, it just takes some effort. You have to level them to at least 20 and then sink some other resources into them, I think the question is basically just how much of a grind that is.

But 3*s seem pretty serviceable for a while anyway, given the kind of game this is I think it depends more on who you drew than what rank they are. And you'll get a couple more 5-pulls worth of orbs fairly quickly (I'm almost at my 3rd), so don't give up yet unless you really direly hate who you pulled.

I did just get a full second draw. I got Eliwood, Cherche, Gwendolyn and Wrys, all 4*, plus Gunther. I GUESS I'll see how that leads me!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i got a 5* camilla to start which has been nice, and a 4* cecilia, and now i have a 5* lucina so im having a ball

I just got a 5* Camilla and I have no idea if she's good. I saw a few others mention she's decent? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
whoever drew cordelia gave her a very dumb face

it is really bad

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So how exactly does one "save" an account? I got 5* Chrom and 5* Camilla on my first roll which is stupid lucky, but I... I think I want to try for Lyn. :ohdear:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I just got a 5* Camilla and I have no idea if she's good. I saw a few others mention she's decent? I have no idea what I'm doing.

her always twice attack stacks with speed advantage and gets multiplied to x4 attack

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i have farmed and used over 60 orbs, nothing above 4* so far

time for impromptu Hard Mode :getin:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SpaceDrake posted:

So how exactly does one "save" an account? I got 5* Chrom and 5* Camilla on my first roll which is stupid lucky, but I... I think I want to try for Lyn. :ohdear:

bad idea, greed is bad

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

her always twice attack stacks with speed advantage and gets multiplied to x4 attack

Thanks. Sounds like I should keep this account.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MotU posted:

bad idea, greed is bad

i had a wendy and i rerolled because it was only 4*s now i cant get any unit i actually want to use shoulda kept the wendy

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lo apparently they might be banning all reroll accounts

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
update: I have decided to keep lucina instead of grinding for tiki, because even with a macro on an emulator, rerolling is super annoying

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm sure this was asked already but what should I be spending orbs and feathers on first? All I've done is upgraded my castle twice so far.

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
Oh yeah, might be good to note that the very first castle upgrade is +20% unit Exp seemingly permanently for just 1 Orb. Seems like a really safe investment, at the very least I'm not regretting it or the following +40% exp for 3 orbs (I think it was 3). Have seen literally no other castle upgrades though, dunno what's up with that if anything.

ShinyDais fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 3, 2017

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

Proof on that?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm sure this was asked already but what should I be spending orbs and feathers on first? All I've done is upgraded my castle twice so far.

Save until you have 20 orbs, summon five heroes at once.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So far I like the game a bunch. It's pretty much what I expected a streamlined fire emblem to be with a poo poo ton of polish. It also strikes a nice balance between being light enough to not mind grinding but not mindless enough where you can afford to not pay attention (auto battle will get you slaughtered on later missions even if you have a 5*)

My only concern is the orbs. I've only been playing a day and I'm already feeling the well starting to dry up. Not being able to regularly get new stuff is always a interest killer in games like this. Speaking of which, what's the deal with feathers? you need thousands to rank up characters but you only get 5 at a time. Selling also only gives you a pittance of them.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
5* Roy and a healer on a pull plus a 3* Donnel

not bad not bad

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

DrManiac posted:

Speaking of which, what's the deal with feathers? you need thousands to rank up characters but you only get 5 at a time. Selling also only gives you a pittance of them.

Feathers mostly come from the arena. You can get several thousand per week even if you're not the tippy top end of the PvP rankings.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Futaba Anzu posted:

so everyone then? can you back this up at all?

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
How often do dueling swords refresh? I used all 3 of mine a few hours ago but I haven't gotten any more. Is it 3/day?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hahahaha I did my last pull in a set and a cutscene started and I thought ,"oh, they give 5* units cutscenes?"

3* Robin

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Nihilarian posted:

Hahahaha I did my last pull in a set and a cutscene started and I thought ,"oh, they give 5* units cutscenes?"

3* Robin

Same thing happened to me, unamused!

In other news, Prince Leo is indeed a Good Boy and a murderer, he moves far on his horse and has ranged magic while hitting like a monster truck.

Be my friend and maybe he will grace your castle with his presence -> 8455292193

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Looking forward to being the only person playing this game. :smug:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
uhhhh holy heck does roy have good base stats at 5*

roy's....

....my boy

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

My ID is 0595334180 and I have a 5* Tiki who turns into a crazy dragon and slaughters everything.

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
Has anyone succeeded in clearing the Sophia event on hard? It's going away in a few hours and you have to be level 15, so I haven't tried it. My strongest unit is 11

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i got 5 4* units and theyre all pretty cool, how big is the difference between 4* and 5*? ive rerolled about 8 times i think?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Does the shape around the weapon type determine what type of enemy it is? Due to the dudes I have I'm getting my poo poo pushed in if armored knights are blue, because then they kill Tiki and their def is too high for the rest of my dudes to handle.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Zetetica posted:

Has anyone succeeded in clearing the Sophia event on hard? It's going away in a few hours and you have to be level 15, so I haven't tried it. My strongest unit is 11

no but wow the map is incredibly lame lol it's just like a level/stat check huh

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If I do that Nox thing Willi be able to transfer the account to my actual mobile?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

MotU posted:

i had a wendy and i rerolled because it was only 4*s now i cant get any unit i actually want to use shoulda kept the wendy

Right now I have a roll with 5* Roy and 4* Marth. But I really wanted Camilla, but I also think I should just take what I got now instead of rerolling and never getting anything as good

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
I got 5* Lyn and rest 3* which I assume is alright. Im happy with Lyn.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Zetetica posted:

I did it with two 15's, a 14, and an 11. Five star, 4 star, 3 star, 2 star respectively.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So is there a goon friend code list yet or what

Mine is 1682277891

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Zetetica posted:

If it makes you feel better she's not that good. How does fusing duplicates work? I have a few and can't figure it out for the life of me.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nvm my friend just got hit by the connection error and so did a bunch of people and reinstalling doesn't seem to be fixing it

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Yeah, here's the problem with that idea: the only people who don't reroll are super casual players who are almost certainly never going to spend any money on the game. Meanwhile the people rerolling are partially doing so because they want to get a solid start so they can play the game for a long time, and will probably drop at least a few bucks on it at some point, not to mention any potential whales.

It'd be a really dumb decision and also probably a PR nightmare once people started angrily posting about how they just wanted to play the game but have their favorite character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Tae posted:

Here's a tip for you minmaxers, a unit dying erases all their levels for that map so if you get a bad or empty level, let them die

i'm an idiot and it took me way too long to realize this. so much wasted exp... how can i live with myself