Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

on this note how do you play laser IM? I've been enjoying missiles but couldn't ever get a repulsor build to feel good
http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen/iron-man/pw:386:392:480:582:583_pt:1:1:1:1:1
Repulsor Blast as your filler
Dash
System Shock
Satellite Strike
Arc Reactor Overload
Unibeam
The One-Off
Microlasers

Your dash gives you an attack speed buff you probably won't make much use out of, as only your filler gives a poo poo about attack speed. Mashing every cooldown as it comes up, down the line, is good. Unibeam's your execute, hits a huge area, and feels infinitely better as an instant shot than a charge-up. You don't have the big meaty red slaps of a Brutal build but you get ~150% damage from primary stats and 150-200% from Spirit gear, with relatively lovely things of each. Also it delivers on the promise of "shoot many lasers." You will probably never drop below 80% Suit Power, even if you skip hitting ARO once in awhile because you don't feel like it or whatever.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
i got a rhino horn so i don't have to log in anymore this patch

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

at the current rate of hero releases the marvel (tm) heroes (tm) 2016 advanced pack (tm) will be complete sometime around this time next year, and then theyll make a new one and release one character before lsoing the rights in 2019

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

davebo posted:

Out of curiosity does anyone have a count of how many heroes the gorilla necklace is BiS for now? The game had so many phys heroes it was such a useful artifact, but now it seems it's for +strength people only which is like 5 dudes?

well it's BIS for a glammy jewelry only diamond Emma build

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

This Jubilee teamup is loving awesome. It's seriously so fun to watch that leveling her up is motivating me to play more than the Big Update™.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

http://marvelheroes.info/builds/gen/iron-man/pw:386:392:480:582:583_pt:1:1:1:1:1
Stack all the god drat Spirit you can. Will take screenshots in a bit, but generally:
Repulsor Blast as your filler
Dash
System Shock
Satellite Strike
Arc Reactor Overload
Unibeam
The One-Off
Microlasers

Your dash gives you an attack speed buff you probably won't make much use out of, as only your filler gives a poo poo about attack speed. Mashing every cooldown as it comes up, down the line, is good. Unibeam's your execute, hits a huge area, and feels infinitely better as an instant shot than a charge-up. You don't have the big meaty red slaps of a Brutal build but you get ~150% damage from primary stats and 150-200% from Spirit gear, with relatively lovely things of each. Also it delivers on the promise of "shoot many lasers." You will probably never drop below 80% Suit Power, even if you skip hitting ARO once in awhile because you don't feel like it or whatever.

trip report: this is pretty fun but it's not as fun as missiles because it doesn't have as many missiles

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cease to Hope posted:

trip report: this is pretty fun but it's not as fun as missiles because it doesn't have as many missiles
I just logged in to see what I was wearing on him and it was the usual suspects: Eibon, Improved Arc Reactor, Mental Focus Headband for the Int, whatever-the-hell 4th slot, SoJ on ring because Of Course Giev SoJ.

If you want SOME missiles and wanted to, I dunno, proc the phys part of Power Doop without having to hit something with a dash? You could swap out Repulsor Blast for your missile power of choice, your CDs are generally short enough that it's not going to be a big concern. Especially so given that you'll spend like half the CD period for those powers channeling Microlasers.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

In double-posting news I fear I've been poisoned by brut builds because now I don't even want to test out how Nova feels after the resource and QoL changes, since I know I'm not going to see a string of fat red numbers no matter where I go.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

if a hero's numbers ain't red they may as well be dead

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I only do yellow numbers for my yellow heroes

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

also here's the god drat OB schedule because it's not in the Patch Notes or event announcements parts of the forums and indeed requires you to go to the main website because it's 2009 or some poo poo.

Also be aware that Cosmic Hightown's loot is bugged to be low and will be "fixed in a future update" so hope you like those Midtown waves only boys.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
No cosmic artis in hightown, why would you even go there

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If anybody's curious about the state of Colossus - he's so bad I made an O care post about how he actually deals less damage the more difficult the content you're doing is.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentVapor posted:

Hey folks,

After doing some investigating regarding the reports of Unique drop rates in Hightown Patrol this morning, we realized that there are some changes to baseline loot drops that were not clearly communicated in the 2.0 patch notes, which may be causing some confusion.

With the 2.0 update, we made some changes to how difficulty affects what item rarities are available as enemy and Boss drops and wanted to ensure these changes were clarified:
  • When playing in Normal difficulty, enemies and bosses drop items from Common through Epic rarity tiers. This applies to any items that drop along the normal rarity scale, such as slot 1-5 items, Insignias, Rings, etc.
  • Starting with Heroic difficulty and higher, Cosmic and Unique rarity items become available as drops from enemies and Bosses.
  • These changes do not apply to things like event reward boxes (such as Odin's Bounty Chests) which drop when playing in Normal difficulty mode. Reward boxes of that variety have not had their loot tables changed and are still able to drop Cosmic and Unique items if they previously could. These changes only apply specifically to direct drops from enemies and Bosses.
In addition, in an upcoming update we're going to include in-game messaging (such as on the Difficulty Slider tooltips) to better indicate which items become available as you increase your difficulty setting.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused! For posterity, we're going to ensure that the 2.0 patch notes are updated so there is a player-facing reference for when these changes were made.
:allears:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Jubilee really does have the best VFX. It's like the Dazzler omega node dialed to the max

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I've been noticing that recent team-ups have very well done but also very visually intrusive and dramatic VFX that shows up even if you have allied powers turned off. I wonder if that's part of the plan to get ppl to buy more vanity team ups, so they can't ignore you. Jubilee does look good though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Gonna get her so I can run with Wolverine.

Also if the next set of heroes don't include a whole bunch of viable team-ups then that's a missed opportunity. C'moooon Kamala.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I appreciate that either the first or second response in that thread was pointing out that it's hard to clarify changes that were never stated.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mover posted:

I've been noticing that recent team-ups have very well done but also very visually intrusive and dramatic VFX that shows up even if you have allied powers turned off. I wonder if that's part of the plan to get ppl to buy more vanity team ups, so they can't ignore you. Jubilee does look good though.

Remember when they were like YOU CAN"T HAVE THAT MANY VISUALS ON YOUR CORE AT ONCE THE GAME WILL CRASH.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I appreciate that either the first or second response in that thread was pointing out that it's hard to clarify changes that were never stated.

when doomsaw and ryolnir left we also lost the best patch notes in the business

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lux Aeterna posted:

when doomsaw and ryolnir left we also lost the best patch notes in the business

Worth

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

If you want SOME missiles and wanted to, I dunno, proc the phys part of Power Doop without having to hit something with a dash? You could swap out Repulsor Blast for your missile power of choice, your CDs are generally short enough that it's not going to be a big concern. Especially so given that you'll spend like half the CD period for those powers channeling Microlasers.

none of the missile powers are really worth using in a build that doesn't take all of the missile talents.

i was just making a dumb joke anyway. beams are fun even though microlasers are kind of a pain in the butt to use. it's probably a hell of a lot easier to gear beams since there's plenty of energy attribute/energy damage gear worth using

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Cease to Hope posted:

Not all builds can be Everything Exploding, All The Time

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Best proofreading in the business though.

Not my picture though because I actually know how to take a screenshot.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I like that that's Comically[sic] Sabretooth's but my hook is Black Cat's Cosmically. So there's just no standard naming convention.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nah, the developers just know how worthless the bonus is.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

MMAgCh posted:

Best proofreading in the business though.

Not my picture though because I actually know how to take a screenshot.

That is such a completely useless bonus compared to anything else.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

malhavok posted:

That is such a completely useless bonus compared to anything else.

It is pretty hilarious yes

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I think it's pretty cool that they spent all that effort on a fuckin teamup instead of doing maybe 5% more work to make her playable because all the character designers have been reassigned to running in hamster wheels to charge the batteries on Asros's mobility scooter hospitalised in a simultaneous bicycle crash which broke all their wrists and that's why Beast took 8 months.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Eat plasmoids barf butt

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

punchymcpunch posted:

I think it's pretty cool that they spent all that effort on a fuckin teamup instead of doing maybe 5% more work to make her playable because all the character designers have been reassigned to running in hamster wheels to charge the batteries on Asros's mobility scooter hospitalised in a simultaneous bicycle crash which broke all their wrists and that's why Beast took 8 months.
It's too bad Gaz is way too dumb to ever demonstrate savvy because otherwise I'd say that releasing a bunch of team-ups during a hero content drought is a fantastic business move.

See, what's your biggest hurdle to getting people to drop money on characters? Splinters. If you drip-feed out new characters, your frequent players will have enough splinters to buy anyone as they come out. But if you don't release any heroes for a good long time, but do drop a couple team-ups, people will throw their splinters down on that instead and then have to buy G from you to get the character for completion's sake. And if they notice that team-ups are relatively cheaper in G than splinters compared to heroes, they'll just spend that G outright.

But, this thinking is left for more profitable companies. Look at League of Legends: The initial buy-in you all but guarantee from converting a casual player to a serious one isn't just buying enough characters to fill out a decent roster of picks, it's in buying the (free-currency) Runes to equip a number of builds and roles. You cut the legs out of the free currency and then when they want to flex they'll spend cash on things that theoretically can be bought for free.

Comedy option for Jubilee: It's because they employ artists already and it's 0 work at all to just slap Generic Ranged Team-Up AI on her and ship it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Waiting for AP4 to include Jubilee, Falcon, Kamala Khan, and Wasp.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I would laugh at that lineup but also be super excited for it

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

This would explain my complete lack of cosmic pieces during my speed leveling despite having like 400% RIF/SIF

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I've got Squirrel Girl parked at level 54, and I can't finish the story because it won't let me go into the last map. What's the fast way to get to 60?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Grinding terminal based legendary quests, or legendary quests in general.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

can confirm that cosmic terminal bounty chests will drop the cosmic version of the boss artifact, just got a cosmic MFH from an AIM bounty chest

on my very first run of the terminal, grabbing only 1 of the 3 bounty chests on the way to the boss :wow:

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

For holyshoot, who called me a liar!

Asros and Winterthur have been giving out free stuff the last couple days or however long in some of the marble hebrons streams.

I was lucky enough to get a code for what I guess was a megapack 3. I don't know exactly, because I don't know how to scale down the receipt so I can read it in-game. Gave me every hero up to Beast, stash, default costumes, team-ups up to Jubilee, and 36500 G's.

madcow fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 1, 2017

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

madcow posted:

For holyshoot, who called me a liar!

http://i.imgur.com/iVEkJbW.jpg

Asros and Winterthur have been giving out free stuff the last couple days or however long in some of the marble hebrons streams.

I was lucky enough to get a code for what I guess was a megapack 3. I don't know exactly, because I don't know how to scale down the receipt so I can read it in-game. Gave me every hero up to Beast, stash, default costumes, team-ups up to Jubilee, and 36500 G's.

you suck and I hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

madcow posted:

Gave me every hero up to Beast, stash, default costumes, team-ups up to Jubilee, and 36500 G's.

Please gift me about 17 ultimate upgrade tokens. tia