Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fusing characters seem like a ripoff. If you upgrade a 4 star with a 3 star, you get like 20 sp which is crap. Upgrading a 3 star with a 4 star is terrible on principle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

Fusing characters seem like a ripoff. If you upgrade a 4 star with a 3 star, you get like 20 sp which is crap. Upgrading a 3 star with a 4 star is terrible on principle.

It's pity sp for rolling a character you already have

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I started this dumb wafu and battle game, and one of my first pulls was a 4* Camilla.

That same summoning circle got me 3* Arthur, who I dub Chin-Tier because god drat just look st that chin of his :stonk:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

So far I have Colin and Ryan for my Whose Line Is It Anyway themed team but I have no idea where I'm gonna find a Wayne and a Drew.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Excuse me game why aren't you letting me merge my Lucinas

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm doing a PvP match

My 4-star Gunter:

(debuffed with -5 Atk thanks to a skill)

His 4-star Gunter:

what

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cheetah7071 posted:

Excuse me game why aren't you letting me merge my Lucinas

dude that's a marth you're tryna fold into her

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is there a Masked Lucina unit? Because there should be.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

So far I have Colin and Ryan for my Whose Line Is It Anyway themed team but I have no idea where I'm gonna find a Wayne and a Drew.

Haha

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I did it, turns out you can't merge a favorited unit

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I guess I'm hosed out of MyNintendo linking rewards because I can't link it on my phone no matter what I do. I did it on emulator and redeemed the orbs before I realized hurr durr the account isn't also linked through google so goodbye orbs.

Sigh.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cheetah7071 posted:

Check this for information on whether or not your waifu and/or husbando is in the game

Man, I already have 2/3 of the Blazing Blade cast - just missing Lyn, Eliwood and Hawkeye.

I think I'm actually gonna go for another healer next time I roll - they're actually pretty competent attackers in their own right. Not gonna say no to another good sword or bow guy though (c'mon give me Ryoma).

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 3, 2017

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is there any kind of stamina refill beyond wasting orbs or $$$ or those limited stamina potions?

Does the stamina cap ever go up?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Tae posted:

If you do end up fusing the same star variant of a char to itself, it ends up giving you an extra, different levelup that's notated as "1+1".

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nino can't read and wants twins, which she'll have like 2 years after this game at the latest. That's weird.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I got a second Lucina

I don't know whether this is lucky or unlucky

"Hilariously" I had this exact thing happen as well a bit ago. Only rolled three 5-stars so far, and two of them are Lucinas. Current plan is to just level the other one up as well, I guess, and see which one turns out better. I've also already come across someone using multiple of the same 5-star on their Arena team though (ALSO Lucina dupes).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
First roll was four 4*s, but also four ranged characters, so I rerolled

Second pull was 4* cleric thief, 3*cleric cleric knight, so I tossed that.

Current roll, well...

This game is taunting me. Somehow I'm pulling 2* units next time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why, inty

Why is virion, a default character, today's hero battle

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So you can get his 1-star version, duh

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this game has managed to give me 2 each of 5* lyn, roy, and takumi, but no camilla. come the gently caress on my dudes just give me the titt

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Futaba Anzu posted:

this game has managed to give me 2 each of 5* lyn, roy, and takumi, but no camilla. come the gently caress on my dudes just give me the titt

If you've gotten that many 5-stars in just the 60 or so orbs you get by playing a lot today I hate you

If you spent money then I guess I don't hate you

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'm actually shocked with the amount of free orbs there are, at least in the base game. I wonder what the pace of releasing new chapters is going to be like? Also, I'd advise anyone that doesn't plan on dropping a fuckload of cash on this game to *not* spend your orbs pulling on the two banners currently offered over and over unless you have a burning urge to get one of the featured characters; You're always gonna be better off saving resources for later.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cheetah7071 posted:

If you've gotten that many 5-stars in just the 60 or so orbs you get by playing a lot today I hate you

If you spent money then I guess I don't hate you

they're all rerolls

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lol at this guy (not me)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Futaba Anzu posted:

they're all rerolls

you're alright then

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heaven Spacey posted:

I'm actually shocked with the amount of free orbs there are, at least in the base game. I wonder what the pace of releasing new chapters is going to be like? Also, I'd advise anyone that doesn't plan on dropping a fuckload of cash on this game to *not* spend your orbs pulling on the two banners currently offered over and over unless you have a burning urge to get one of the featured characters; You're always gonna be better off saving resources for later.

There will be new content roughly every two weeks, according to the website. might be relatively small though but even a single 5-map chapter is 15 orbs once difficulties are factored in.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Heaven Spacey posted:

I'm gonna keep rolling the dice using in game orbs until I get at least a single 5 star and no one can stop me!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cheetah7071 posted:

you're alright then

i also tossed away a 3 5* account with lyn, azura, and tharja because they are all trash

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

cheetah7071 posted:

There will be new content roughly every two weeks, according to the website. might be relatively small though but even a single 5-map chapter is 15 orbs once difficulties are factored in.

Wait where is this info on the site.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dr Pepper posted:

Wait where is this info on the site.

Oh it looks like the source was an interview, not the site

I got it via reddit

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i don't see a friend list google doc so add me: 0894373596

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tsurupettan posted:

i don't see a friend list google doc so add me: 0894373596

It's literally linked in the OP

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

3 rerolls 15 3 stars, gently caress me.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

cheetah7071 posted:

It's literally linked in the OP

it's 4 AM and i am blind. who reads OPs anyway?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Futaba Anzu posted:

i also tossed away a 3 5* account with lyn, azura, and tharja because they are all trash

Goddammit, I was going to say, if you had a spare 5* Lyn account then hook a brotha up. But rip, it sounds like.

I agree about Tharja tho

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Man, the boss of Chapter 9 is rough. I was blowing through most of the chapter thanks to Hector but that doesn't quite fly as well here.

As a tip, steer away from stat bonuses for that fight - the boss has a skill that inverts them for units in an area when they attack.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Man, the boss of Chapter 9 is rough. I was blowing through most of the chapter thanks to Hector but that doesn't quite fly as well here.

As a tip, steer away from stat bonuses for that fight - the boss has a skill that inverts them for units in an area when they attack.

That's fine, I'll just use Gunter to revert them back :smuggo:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Played a bit so far. Rolled 3 star Gordin and Selena, 4 star Cordelia, and two 4 star Sheenas. Not amazing but stuck with it because who gives a poo poo.

Then recommended my partner download it since it's free, although she's never played FE. She rolls 5 star Tiki, Robin and Nowi. Whyyyyy

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Terper posted:

That's fine, I'll just use Gunter to revert them back :smuggo:

I just pulled Saizo who could do it too, too bad he's 3*. He might be better than Matthew in the long run though. Got a pretty junky batch (only 4* was Peri), but I guess it makes up for pulling Hector.

Anyway finished Normal, Hector and Armads saved the day again. Dude has 40 ATK now, it's nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

YEAH BOI

e: Why does Camilla have 2 Spd :psyduck: